OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
I wonder if the custom’s folks can get Yunsil to make a new outfit using the properly thin materials…

skywalkersaga

Yunsil is probably out of my price range, I'm guessing. But I'm sure it would look amazing.

For me, it's not a huge deal since this is hardly my all-time favourite Padme costume. I'm mostly just relieved that it can be crossed off my list of 'versions I don't have to make myself'. Razz

Stryker2011

Founding Father
I wonder if you couldn’t give her one of the outfits from the animated series…?

skywalkersaga

Stryker2011 wrote:I wonder if you couldn’t give her one of the outfits from the animated series…?

At this point, I don't need to, since I've already been working on a couple of those for a while....

Lupo.sculpts

Lupo.sculpts
skywalkersaga wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:I wonder if you couldn’t give her one of the outfits from the animated series…?

At this point, I don't need to, since I've already been working on a couple of those for a while....

I will definitely PO Padmè so I will also see which is the perfect size of the head for that body and swap it with my head sculpt.
I love Anakin figure, definitely they improved the likeness on the sculpt. The ROTS one was very disappointing
We will see if the actual figures they sell will be as good as this prototype.
Anyway I am poor now to buy the 2 of them. I will settle with Padmè rabbit

https://www.instagram.com/frikifanart/

Valiarde

Valiarde
First time I preordered a HT figure I think, but here we are. Smile She will be nice to pose and fit on my Star Wars shelf (once finished) together with a wild mix of chars no serious Star Wars fan would dare to display together lol

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Lupo.sculpts wrote:

I will definitely PO Padmè so I will also see which is the perfect size of the head for that body and swap it with my head sculpt.
I love Anakin figure, definitely they improved the likeness on the sculpt. The ROTS one was very disappointing
We will see if the actual figures they sell will be as good as this prototype.
Anyway I am poor now to buy the 2 of them. I will settle with Padmè rabbit

I understand, it will be a struggle for me to afford them as well, but since they are my favourites I can't pass them by.

Once you get the right size of the head for Padme, let me know and I would love to order one from you. Smile

Will you also offer the custom RotS Anakin headsculpt? I would love to replace the HT head with a better likeness.

Valiarde wrote:First time I preordered a HT figure I think, but here we are. Smile She will be nice to pose and fit on my Star Wars shelf (once finished) together with a wild mix of chars no serious Star Wars fan would dare to display together lol

LOL, well I'm glad you are getting her, I think she is a must-have since as you say, it seems unlikely they'd do another version of this character anytime soon. Though who knows....once they have a headsculpt, HT seems to like to re-use it as much as possible. Razz

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:First time I preordered a HT figure I think, but here we are. Smile She will be nice to pose and fit on my Star Wars shelf (once finished) together with a wild mix of chars no serious Star Wars fan would dare to display together lol

That’s my plan; I’ll be adding her to my Strykerverse. No need for me to be locked in to “canon” in that Star Wars universe.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 2 C8485110

Valiarde

Valiarde
skywalkersaga wrote:

LOL, well I'm glad you are getting her, I think she is a must-have since as you say, it seems unlikely they'd do another version of this character anytime soon. Though who knows....once they have a headsculpt, HT seems to like to re-use it as much as possible. Razz
Good point with the easy of re-use once they have the head ready. Maybe they will be adding a Phase III Padme soon. 
And I also hope to see more of Lupos custom heads! 

Stryker2011 wrote:

That’s my plan; I’ll be adding her to my Strykerverse. No need for me to be locked in to “canon” in that Star Wars universe.

Yeah, she will be a great addition to your Strykerverse. Hope to see some updates in the future of that project (still remember your kitbash with the Kier body, so cool)

Lupo.sculpts

Lupo.sculpts
Hey! As anyone I know in this group is in this thread I take the opportunity to wish you a happy Christmas time and happy new year. ( If you are of the same religion as I am, if not I wish you a happy and serene end of December and beginning of January)
Virtual hugs to everybody

https://www.instagram.com/frikifanart/

traff120

Decennt figure inmho, but is it me or is hot toys squeezing more and more out of our pockets and giving back less? Obviously we get a figure with one outfit, 2 weaponns and rolling eyes(!). Honestly nothing to get excited about. In the old days Even Prince of Persia came with two (you coul evennmake it into three) different outifits, five weapons and a new body used on that figure for 1st time.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
traff120 wrote:Decennt figure inmho, but is it me or is hot toys squeezing more and more out of our pockets and giving back less? Obviously we get a figure with one outfit, 2 weaponns and rolling eyes(!). Honestly nothing to get excited about. In the old days Even Prince of Persia came with two (you coul evennmake it into three) different outifits, five weapons and a new body used on that figure for 1st time.

I think she is particularly on the lightweight side, for whatever reason. Just comparing her to Anakin, which is the other half of a set coming out together. His figure is larger and more substantial; his outfit is more complex; and he gets more stuff, including two LED lightsabers -- and costs only $10 more than her.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Lupo.sculpts wrote:Hey! As anyone I know in this group is in this thread I take the opportunity to wish you a happy Christmas time and happy new year. ( If you are of the same religion as I am, if not I wish you a happy and serene end of December and beginning of January)
Virtual hugs to everybody

Thanks for the Christmas wishes, Lupo! Hope you also have a very happy New Year! I love you

And MoonbaseAlphaMale and traff120 -- yeah, of course, this figure is almost laughably sparse -- however, I pretty much expected that, since I saw the teaser version they had done back in 2019 for the SDCC that year.

In all fairness, I'm not sure what else they could have given her in way of accessories, other than perhaps maybe they could have done a 'deluxe' version where you could have an optional body/outfit of her after her clothing is ripped during the fight in the arena.

But either way, the price is indeed still far too high for what they are actualy giving you, which is also typical of Hot Toys these days.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
skywalkersaga wrote:And MoonbaseAlphaMale and traff120 -- yeah, of course, this figure is almost laughably sparse -- however, I pretty much expected that, since I saw the teaser version they had done back in 2019 for the SDCC that year.

In all fairness, I'm not sure what else they could have given her in way of accessories, other than perhaps maybe they could have done a 'deluxe' version where you could have an optional body/outfit of her after her clothing is ripped during the fight in the arena.

But either way, the price is indeed still far too high for what they are actualy giving you, which is also typical of Hot Toys these days.

Well, I'd say "yes and no" re the price being typical of Hot Toys these days, to the extent that the accompanying HT Anakin seems to be not exactly generous but still a much better value.  I agree there probably weren't any obvious accessories to add to her, but then the price could have been adjusted (rather than being about the same as the richer Anakin).  I really wonder whether the prices are set under an HT expectation that any female figures will be a slower sell than action heroes.  That's still a common mindset at Hasbro/Mattel level, but I don't think it applies at premium level.  Or, they just expect Anakin to outsell Padme, which is probably true.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, interestingly, from my understanding Black Widow is still one of HT’s top sellers. I’m guessing the price point is just closer to current HT products. They seem to Jack up the prices every couple of months, and as long as people keep buying, they will continue to do so until they either reach a threshold in which the majority of their customers refuse to go, or they price themselves out of sustainability.

AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 2 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I think rather that the high price is there because they actually expect Padme to sell quite *well* --- she's been a highly anticipated figure, so they know there is demand. Just imo.

m76

m76
I really dislike the Star Wars anniversary series boxes from Hot Toys, it feels cheap, more appropriate for a $30 children's toy than a $300 collectible figure.

I got Lando from the series and that has the same type of box, so I'm judging by first hand experience.

http://madblog.shacknet.us

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I guess to each their own, I think it's a fun homage. :')

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
skywalkersaga wrote:I guess to each their own, I think it's a fun homage. :')

I can see both sides there. I totally agree that it's a fun homage. But on the other hand I can sympathize with someone who might feel that for the kind of money we're talking about, they'd be getting something less than the typical full work up of Hot Toys packaging. Wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, certainly.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I started out collecting via the old toy-line figures and I always have a fondness for them. The nostalgia factor is one of the whole reasons I even collect figures in the first place, so the 'high end' aspect of Hot Toys is more of an afterthought for me. I also rather like the fact you can display the figure while still keeping it in the box. Just different preferences and priorities, I guess. : )

Valiarde

Valiarde
Released in asia

AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 2 42377810

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Looks good. Perhaps a bit older looking than it should be considering how young she was at the time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 2 1f10

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Very few NP/Padme sculpts seem to capture that youthful look from the films, it's frustrating.

But this one seems pretty decent. I will need to see more in-hand pics but at the moment it looks somewhat better than I was expecting from the promo pics.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, she looks quite accurate, even if indeed not too youthful.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
What a gorgeous head sculpt. I assume the back of the hair is removable with magnets to adjust the eyes, curious as to how the back looks like, like does it have a visible seam given the short hair design.

Diana

Diana
That looks so good! Makes me want to get that figure. I won't though. Once I have Mace Windu and Ahsoka to add to my Lukes I'll be done. Unless they release an Ep4 Obi-Wan. Then I'll get into trouble again. Laughing (I got very tempted by the Obi-Wan Obi-Wan and the floating rocks were asesome, but the hair was too far off. Rolling Eyes)

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Diana wrote:That looks so good! Makes me want to get that figure. I won't though. Once I have Mace Windu and Ahsoka to add to my Lukes I'll be done. Unless they release an Ep4 Obi-Wan. Then I'll get into trouble again. Laughing (I got very tempted by the Obi-Wan Obi-Wan and the floating rocks were asesome, but the hair was too far off. Rolling Eyes)

Oddly, I haven’t been impressed with any of the Obi-Wan (Ewan) sculpts enough to make me want to get him. Something always seems off.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 2 1f10

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Agree, Stryker. I got the original RotS figure because the deluxe version had baby Luke in it and i wanted it for photoshoot purposes. Plus I felt my line-up needed at least one Prequels-era Obi-Wan. But the latest Clone Wars Obi-Wan head from HT was massively disappointing to me and I intend to replace it with a custom.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Padme is now on her way.... Smile

....one more PO down, at least. Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum