OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ MACE WINDU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
A grim Jedi Master™ with an amethyst-bladed lightsaber, Mace Windu was the champion of the Jedi Order™, with little tolerance for the failings of the Senate, the arguments of politicians, or the opinions of rebellious Jedi. As the Clone Wars intensified, Mace sensed the dark side of the Force at work, and knew the Jedi's enemies were plotting to destroy the Order and end its stewardship of the galaxy.

Celebrating the 20th anniversary of Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, Hot Toys is excited to officially present the 1/6th scale Mace Windu collectible figure!

Meticulously crafted based on the appearance of Mace Windu, the 1/6th scale collectible figure features a newly developed head sculpt with great likeness, finely tailored Jedi robe and tunic, a LED light-up lightsaber, a holocaster with hologram of YodaTM, a display base, and a bonus pair of forearm armor inspired by Mace Windu’s appearance in Star Wars: The Clone Wars™ animated series!

Mace Windu will surely be a stand out in your Star Wars collection!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODEMMS681
PRODUCT NAMEMACE WINDU™
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 32CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS30
SPECIAL FEATURESNEWLY DEVELOPED HEAD SCULPT; MOVIE-ACCURATE FACIAL EXPRESSION AND DETAILED SKIN TEXTURE
PRODUCT RELEASE DATEAPPROXIMATELY Q1 – Q2, 2024
ARTISTS
The 1/6th scale Mace Windu Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Samuel L. Jackson as Mace Windu in Star Wars: Attack of the Clones movie

- One (1) newly developed head sculpt

- Movie-accurate facial expression and detailed skin texture
- Body with over 30 points of articulations
- Approximately 32cm tall

- Four (4) pieces of interchangeable hands including:

- One (1) force using left hand
- One (1) relax right hand
- One (1) pair of accessory holding hands
- Four (4) pieces of interchangeable armored hands including:
- One (1) force using left hand
- One (1) relax right hand
- One (1) pair of accessory holding hands
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
- Special package design with Star Wars: Attack of the Clones 20th Anniversary logo

Costume:
- One (1) dark brown colored Jedi robe
- One (1) brown colored robe with belt
- One (1) beige colored tunic
- One (1) brown colored belt
- One (1) pair of beige colored pants
- One (1) pair of dark brown colored boots

Weapons:
- One (1) LED-lighted purple lightsaber (USB power operated)
- One (1) purple lightsaber blade in motion (attachable to the hilt)
- One (1) lightsaber hilt

Accessories:
- One (1) pair of forearm armor
- One (1) holocaster
- One (1) hologram figure of Yoda
- Specially designed figure stand with Star Wars logo and character nameplate

Release date: Approximately Q1 – Q2, 2024

*Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Battery is not included for collectible figure, 3 pieces of 3A battery is required
***Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

© & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
© 2022 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ MACE WINDU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11883
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ MACE WINDU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 21247
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ MACE WINDU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 3843
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ MACE WINDU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 4758
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ MACE WINDU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 5686
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ MACE WINDU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 6644
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ MACE WINDU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 7617
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ MACE WINDU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 8588
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ MACE WINDU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 9568
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ MACE WINDU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 10543
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ MACE WINDU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11884
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ MACE WINDU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 12496
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ MACE WINDU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 13469
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ MACE WINDU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 14440
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ MACE WINDU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 15411
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ MACE WINDU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 16381
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ MACE WINDU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 17347
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ MACE WINDU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 18315
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ MACE WINDU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 19276
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ MACE WINDU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 20229
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ MACE WINDU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 21248

#newproduct #HotToys #StarWars #AttackoftheClones #MaceWindu #male #movie #Sci-Fi

Valiarde

Valiarde
The dynamic poses are awesome. Great looking char. But no PERS this time I think?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
OMG, they gave him Clone Wars armour options...... makes it a little more tempting for me.... O.O

Valiarde, what is 'PERS'? confused

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Valiarde

Valiarde
skywalkersaga wrote:
Valiarde, what is 'PERS'? confused  

I think it is the name of the "Moveable eye system" but I've forgotten what the letters stood for  Razz

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
PERS is that movable eyeball thing: Parallel Eyeball Rolling System.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ MACE WINDU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, thanks, never knew it was called that.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
So, it's treason, then? Smile

I love it. The likeness looks very good, and although I had no special attachment to the character, I appreciate a good Samuel L Jackson when I see one. And the whole thing looks and poses very well.

Diana

Diana
Awww, he looks magnificent! I always suffer greatly when seeing such beautiful previews. Laughing

Love the wired cloak. Holy cow. And yeah, can't go wrong with Sam. Phew... gonna have to think about this one...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Agree, the wired cloak has me seriously envious, wish they'd done the RotS figures with fully wired robes.

csyeung

csyeung
Glad for the prequel trilogy fans for this as they've been waiting for Mace for a while. Also comes with the new usb sabers.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
csyeung wrote:Glad for the prequel trilogy fans for this as they've been waiting for Mace for a while. Also comes with the new usb sabers.

Well, even those of us with no love for the prequels or the Clone Wars era animated shows, ordered stuff from them — mostly for the designs. I POd this guy for an opportunity to have a non-scarred (ie, no eye patch) version of Sam L. When I come to think of it, it’s interesting how many more vehicles and characters I have, or have on PO, that are from this era, rather than the OT (though some have crossed over to just passed the OT thanks to The Mandalorian). While I may no longer have the heads (skywalkersaga has them), I have 2 Anakins (one that came with the STAP), 2 Ahsokas (1 in-hand from the CW era, and one from The Mandalorian on PO), Amidala, 3 CW animated show vehicles and one Trooper, 1 Geonosis Droid, Darth Maul, Aurra Sing, an Asajj Ventriss in the works, Bad Batch Echo (in-hand) & Hunter (on imminent arrival), Bo-Katan (should be here Wednesday), Cad Bane, and General Grevous. Pretty sure that works out to more than I have from the OT.

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ MACE WINDU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

Diana

Diana
There is a crack in my wall of resistance... He just looks so epic!! Crumbling...

davidd

davidd
Resurrecting an old topic... that's not actually old because the figure won't be released for another year yet...

Somebody was mentioning trying to kitbash a Mace Windu fig, which got me to poking around on eBay, where I saw "pre orders" for a "new" Hot Toys Mace Windu, at prices in excess of $500 USD...

... which led me to looking at online retailers, where I found the listing for this fig:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/229301?o=4

Which is, of course, long sold out. So I looked here on OSF for a New Product Announcement... and here it is.

Here it is... from last December (it's August 2023 now, well, tomorrow)... so more than seven months ago, and the figure is already long sold out in pre-order status, and it isn't even scheduled for release until at least June of 2024, a year from now.

So... in this hobby... if we're interested in new figures... we need to have buckets full of money, a willingness to gamble that "production items" will at least somewhat reflect digitally enhanced pre-production images, and an expectation of a long and healthy life ahead of us... because we're not gonna see what we dropped three or four or five-hundred dollars on for at least two or three years.

This scenario saps a lot of the fun out of this hobby for me.

And on a rather morbid note, but I cannot help but think about it: with extended pre-order times being the New Normal... is our forum friend DeltaForceChung still receiving figures in the mail, a year after his passing? Is his family constantly being surprised... or probably not surprised at this point... by a continuous string of incoming parcels?

What about the rest of us? Do we ever ponder the future before clicking on those pre-order links? I never used to... but with the pre-order times becoming ever more extended, I'm beginning to think about such things: will I still be around? Will I still be interested? Will I still want the thing in two or three years? Will I be downsizing, or moving?

I'm getting overwhelmed by the prices to some extent, but more so by the ever-increasing pre-order times, and the rate at which pre-orders sell out. "Profiteering" seems to be the name of the game: place a pre-order, then immediately list a pre-order on eBay "pending product arrival" at twice or three times the original retail price.

It's just not fun for me. Maybe some people enjoy the challenge of nabbing those new offerings. I guess it's like a retail version of... what was that phone game popular a few years ago, a Pokemon hunting game, was it? Walk around town and "catch" elusive fantasy creatures in the real world? The figure hobby is turning in to that. It's a competitive hunt now. Like The Hunger Games. Get 'em before somebody else does, then turn a massive profit reselling to somebody who wasn't as quick on the trigger.

Sorry... my rant has little to do with this figure. It's just that this figure, that somebody mentioned online a few minutes ago, sent me down this philosophical rabbit hole.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think these are in fact very valid points you are pondering. I rarely preorder, for the usual reasons. And when I do, it is also for easily imaginable reasons -- wanting to make sure I don't miss out on something. So it was with Lando and Bespin Luke, most recently. Of course, there are plenty of occasions when I regret not preordering something, that I might now either fail to find or have to pay a higher price for. But basically I still dislike the practice.

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote:I rarely preorder, for the usual reasons. And when I do, it is also for easily imaginable reasons -- wanting to make sure I don't miss out on something.

A valuable feature of the OneSixthFigures forum is the "team" that puts considerable effort in to posting about New Releases as soon as they become aware of them. At least that gives forum members a chance at getting a pre-order in before the pre-order window closes; or usually, anyway. Sometimes, even with the prompt notification on the forum, I've noticed it can be a challenge finding a retailer whose pre-order allotment isn't already sold out. So even though I do not, personally, purchase many new, complete figures, I appreciate what the New Item Team does here on the OSF forum. Thanks for putting in the effort and keeping us apprised!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
davidd wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:I rarely preorder, for the usual reasons. And when I do, it is also for easily imaginable reasons -- wanting to make sure I don't miss out on something.

A valuable feature of the OneSixthFigures forum is the "team" that puts considerable effort in to posting about New Releases as soon as they become aware of them. At least that gives forum members a chance at getting a pre-order in before the pre-order window closes; or usually, anyway. Sometimes, even with the prompt notification on the forum, I've noticed it can be a challenge finding a retailer whose pre-order allotment isn't already sold out. So even though I do not, personally, purchase many new, complete figures, I appreciate what the New Item Team does here on the OSF forum. Thanks for putting in the effort and keeping us apprised!
I agree. Credit here goes mostly to Mark (Stryker2012) and Diana, though others have helped out in that, too, for example Saturn and gooboo. I've really taken on this thankless task only to help out when needed, and know exactly how bothersome it is, which makes me appreciate their work even more. It does help a lot. And often enough their announcements are in fact so early, that some of our go to sellers have not yet listed the product.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I’m right there with you, David. Having to gamble on this stuff is annoying. What’s worse, thanks to Covid, is that once they started working again, everything that had been delayed is coming all at once. It’s a massive hit to the bank account, especially after experiencing heavy costs related to health issues and my 18 year old car finally calling it quits and having to get a new one (still used), but now with an added car payment. It’s forced me to be far more selective about what I PO.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ MACE WINDU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1f10

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I understand everyone's frustration on this subject. There are still some HT figures that were announced many months ago that I've not yet had a chance to pre-order, because I've been saving up to make sure I can afford the ones that might be coming up soon. And I'm not even someone who normally pre-orders that many figures to begin with. On average, I was only getting 1-2 Hot Toys figures per year, but then this past year the amount of figures I wanted suddenly tripled. While I'm glad some of my fave characters are finally being made, the hectic and unpredictable nature of the Hot Toys release schedule is extremely frustrating. There have been times in the years past when I could have afforded multiple figures, but there was nothing I actually wanted available. And now, it's too stressful to try to keep up with, to be honest, especially for someone who is not exactly wealthy by any stretch. It does often feel that the demographic that can afford to take the 'gamble' is continually narrowing. The situation with limited 'Artisan' Anakin figure has already caused me a lot of stress and further disillusionment with the hobby. I'm already operating under the assumption I won't be able to secure one of those, because I know myself and I never have good luck with that sort of thing (a few months ago, I missed out on the Black Series TCW Ahsoka figure because I was too slow to pay from my timezone). After holding on through all the pandemic, cost of living crisis, brexit shipping costs, and so on, it's all just so demoralisng.

Diana

Diana
To add a different perspective I admit I think maybe this instance is being generalised unnecessarily. Hot Toys to me is indeed pretty much a guarantee that the item will be worth it. So in the case of Hot Toys, I usually know at the time of the announcement whether I care to have the character or not. I did PO Mace Windu and I'm very glad I did. Very Happy

Additionally, if you're not too sure you can always just pay the deposit (if you have that option at your preferred stores). If you're broke when the release comes around you only say goodbye to 30 bucks or thereabouts, which doesn't affect you in that moment because you already paid it in the long distant past. Laughing

Or you have a sense of how popular the figure might be and buy it anyway to sell for a slightly higher price (to compensate you for your troubles), but maybe still for much fairer pricing than some of those dealers out there, making a fellow collector happy.

Of course it would be nicer to have longer pre-order windows. I don't understand why they don't accept pre-orders right until they start going into production (assuming they don't start with that this early). But in my mind it's really not worth fretting about. After all: there is no spoon. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I appreciate your more positive perspective, Diana.

This Mace seems like a really good figure and it would have been nice to PO it under different circumstances. As it is, the number of PO's I've made this year is already extremely high (for me), so probably for the best for me to miss out some here and there. ;p

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum