OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Diana

That looks so good! Makes me want to get that figure. I won't though. Once I have Mace Windu and Ahsoka to add to my Lukes I'll be done. Unless they release an Ep4 Obi-Wan. Then I'll get into trouble again. Laughing (I got very tempted by the Obi-Wan Obi-Wan and the floating rocks were asesome, but the hair was too far off. Rolling Eyes)

Stryker2012

Founding Father
Diana wrote:That looks so good! Makes me want to get that figure. I won't though. Once I have Mace Windu and Ahsoka to add to my Lukes I'll be done. Unless they release an Ep4 Obi-Wan. Then I'll get into trouble again. Laughing (I got very tempted by the Obi-Wan Obi-Wan and the floating rocks were asesome, but the hair was too far off. Rolling Eyes)

Oddly, I haven’t been impressed with any of the Obi-Wan (Ewan) sculpts enough to make me want to get him. Something always seems off.

skywalkersaga

Agree, Stryker. I got the original RotS figure because the deluxe version had baby Luke in it and i wanted it for photoshoot purposes. Plus I felt my line-up needed at least one Prequels-era Obi-Wan. But the latest Clone Wars Obi-Wan head from HT was massively disappointing to me and I intend to replace it with a custom.

skywalkersaga

Padme is now on her way.... Smile

....one more PO down, at least. Razz

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Padme is now on her way.... Smile

....one more PO down, at least. Razz

I hope she brings every satisfaction!

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Congrats, Sky. Looking forward to seeing your pics.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 1f10

OSFModerator1

OSFModerator1
Someone on Reddit decided to try for the torn look using a different arm (I don't know if the abdomen is HT stock or if that is swapped out also). Here are the images.

AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 1_webp22
AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 2_webp21
AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 3_webp23
AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 4_webp20
AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 5_webp21
AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 6_webp21
AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 7_webp22
AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 8_webp20
AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 9_webp19
AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 10_web20
AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 11_web18
AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 12_web17

There's a few additional things I would probably try if I went this route: 1/ break the seams on the "pants" and the top and tighten them, cutting off the excess, and resewing both so that they are more form fitting like the original outfit -- the bagginess of the stock outfit bothers me quite a bit. The top (after he cut it) more than the pants, since every image I've seen of her with this particular look the top hugs her body under her boobs pretty tightly -- more like a swimsuit than a cut crop-top T-shirt.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for sharing the break down of the costume and body. I'm not going to attempt this look myself (I prefer the more 'put together' one simply for versatility), but it's interesting from the perspective of understanding how HT did the figure.

I agree her trousers are too baggy, I guess they did it to allow movement. But it doesn't look as sleek as it should. Perhaps the material they used is a bit off as well. But it's still good for what it is, and I wish I could afford to buy an extra parted-out outfit and accessories, sigh.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Impressively done. For a sleeker look, perhaps a more elastic material would be really helpful. That also helps with articulation.

ukshaun

ukshaun
@OSFModerator1 Bob_Dylan over on Instagram posted the same image, i guess it is his work.
I do not use Reddit, maybe Bob_Dylan uses Reddit also?

Bob_Dylan offers an Ahsoka portrait for their Hot Toys figure, and it looks amazing!
I sent him a message, asking what the cost was, and you do not want to know the price.
Needless to say, i passed. I have decided to pre_order the most recent Hot Toys Ahsoka, which probably looks best figure from Hot Toys todate, the 3rd Ahsoka figure i believe?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:Impressively done. For a sleeker look, perhaps a more elastic material would be really helpful. That also helps with articulation.

It also occured to me that maybe the looser fabric is partly to conceal the visible joints in the knees. But that could have been easily solved by using a body with seamless legs.

Hot Toys tends to cut corners sometimes and they seem to like overusing 'body padding' instead of just making the underlying bodies look nicer and/or more accurate to the character.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Impressively done. For a sleeker look, perhaps a more elastic material would be really helpful. That also helps with articulation.

It also occured to me that maybe the looser fabric is partly to conceal the visible joints in the knees. But that could have been easily solved by using a body with seamless legs.

Hot Toys tends to cut corners sometimes and they seem to like overusing 'body padding' instead of just making the underlying bodies look nicer and/or more accurate to the character.
Very true, they do rely on padding a lot, to the point of interfering with articulation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum