OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Padmé Amidala was a courageous, hopeful leader, serving as Queen and then Senator of Naboo™ -- and was also handy with a blaster. Despite her ideals and all she did for the cause of peace, her secret, forbidden relationship with JediTM Anakin SkywalkerTM would prove to have dire consequences for the galaxy.

Celebrating the 20th anniversary of Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, Hot Toys is thrilled to officially present today, the highly-anticipated 1/6th scale collectible figure of Padmé Amidala!

Beautifully developed based on the screen appearance of Padmé in the film, the incredible collectible figure features a newly crafted head sculpt with stunning likeness and rolling eyeball function allowing positionable eye line, a specially tailored outfit that Padmé wore on Geonosis, two style of blasters, a pair of handcuffs with chain, a Geonosian™ factory themed display stand, and a special designed commemorative packaging.

Welcome the senator to your Star Wars collection today!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODEMMS678
PRODUCT NAMEPADMÉ AMIDALA
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 27CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS28
SPECIAL FEATURESNEWLY DEVELOPED HEAD SCULPT WITH SEPARATE ROLLING EYEBALL FUNCTION; MOVIE-ACCURATE FACIAL EXPRESSION AND MAKE-UP; DETAILED HAIR SCULPTURE OF PADME AMIDALA’S ICONIC HAIR STYLE
PRODUCT RELEASE DATEAPPROXIMATELY Q1 – Q2, 2024
ARTISTS
The 1/6th scale Padme Amidala Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Natalie Portman as Padme Amidala in Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- Newly developed head sculpt with separate rolling eyeball function
- Movie-accurate facial expression and make-up
- Detailed hair sculpture of Padme Amidala’s iconic hair style
- Body with over 28 points of articulations
- Approximately 27cm tall
- Five (5) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of fist
- One (1) pair of relax hands
- One (1) pistol/rifle holding left hand
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
- Special package design with Star Wars: Attack of the Clones 20th Anniversary logo

Costume:
- One (1) beige colored cape
- One (1) headpiece
- One (1) white colored shirt
- One (1) pair of white colored pants
- One (1) pair of metal silver armbands
- One (1) beige colored utility belt with pistol holster
- One (1) pair of beige colored boots

Weapons:
- One (1) blaster pistol
- One (1) blaster rifle

Accessories:
- Two (2) droid factory themed diorama accessories
- Specially designed figure stand with Star Wars logo and character nameplate

Release date: Approximately Q1 – Q2, 2024

*Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

© & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
© 2022 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11874
AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 21096
AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 3805
AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 4753
AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 5681
AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 6639
AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 7612
AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 8583
AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 9563
AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 10539
AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11875
AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 12492
AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 13466
AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 14437
AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 15409
AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 16379
AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 17345
AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 18313
AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 19275

#newproduct #HotToys #StarWars #AttackoftheClones #PadmeAmidala #female #movie #Sci-Fi

Valiarde

Valiarde
PERS, I like it. Gives the head some more options if done right. Smile Maybe not Anakin level of likeliness but looks good enough to me

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think from some angles the likeness is spot on; from others (or is it the position of the eyes) a little less so. Given how long it took them to come up with this first Amidala, I doubt they would be making a whole bunch of them in different outfits, and this one is pretty iconic, if fairly simple. Something that is usually a good thing but might distract from these more youthful characters is the texturing on the skin (perhaps this is what throws off the Anakin likeness for me?), which might be a bit heavy here, too. But this is probably a resin prototype and the final product might be a slightly smoother plastic cast?

Diana

Diana
A few things bug me here. The likeness is somewhat off. Maybe in trying to capture her youth they made her too flawless, taking away some of the character. I personally welcome the topography of her more mature face. And there are not enough heads of women with determined/worried/stern expressions. Smile

blackpool

blackpool
wow! I love it!

Lupo.sculpts

Lupo.sculpts
Wow Anakin is just amazing! I am in love. Padme doesn't have that nose! They didn't get the correct shape. And also, having "rolling" eye balls, they gave her strabismus. I will buy the figure and put my head :-D

https://www.instagram.com/frikifanart/

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Outfit is good, but I agree the sculpt is not totally 'there'. They seem to have done her lips right but got the nose wrong. It's better than the original prototype they teased back during the 2019 SDCC, but it's not my ideal Padme sculpt. I'm with Lupo, I will probably use the figure but swap the head for a custom. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’m not digging the heavy material they used for the outfit, and like has already been mentioned, there is something just a bit off about the sculpt.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:I’m not digging the heavy material they used for the outfit, and like has already been mentioned, there is something just a bit off about the sculpt.

I think we noted some issues with the outfit back when the earlier SDCC pics came out, mainly the fact that the actual on-screen costume seems quite skin-tight and with a bit more stretch, while this one does seem less form-fitting for some odd reason. Not sure why they didn't go for tighter/stretchier fabric. The trousers in particular seem somewhat baggy.

The cape, belt, and boots and other accessories seem fine, though.

Regardless of the flaws and nitpicks, I'm still going to PO this one, if only for completion's sake and the fact that I would massively regret it if I didn't.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
What about Anakin? You seemed somewhat hesitant on that one.

AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:What about Anakin? You seemed somewhat hesitant on that one.

Did I? I might have just not seemed enthused because others had already beat me to the gushing before I had the chance to comment on it. Razz

The Anakin is a very welcome figure for me --- I honestly did not even expect they would ever get around to making that version of him. I think the likeness is pretty good on him, probably better than the RotS version. I have some minor nitpicks like with anything, but I'm definitely PO'ing it!

ETA: I'm also just really stressed out because it's absolutely terrible timing for me, financially. So I'm worried I will miss the chance to PO these from a UK site, and will therefore have to go with Sideshow which means an extra £100 for customs and shipping... EACH. pale

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Good to hear. I'm still going to PO Padme, but not sure on Anakin, since I already have two already (as you know, sans the heads). The head sculpt on Anakin could possibly be used for something else (minus the side pony tail), but not really necessary.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Well, since you're not into the Prequels for their own sake, and if you don't have a need for him in your Darth Stryker 'verse, then I can understand not wanting to bother with getting him.

I guess I would just say....the fact they made his robes wired and poseable gives me hope that they might eventually put out the swoop bike from that iconic scene. Or maybe I'm just overly optimistic. Razz

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Oh, I'd be interested in his swoop bike. I bought the one from the Mandalorian, so any Star Wars vehicle is more than welcome. If the only way to get that bike is in a 2 pack with the figure, I'd probably get it (then you can have another head Very Happy ).

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:Oh, I'd be interested in his swoop bike. I bought the one from the Mandalorian, so any Star Wars vehicle is more than welcome. If the only way to get that bike is in a 2 pack with the figure, I'd probably get it (then you can have another head Very Happy ).

LOL, thanks. Very Happy I won't hold my breath for the bike, but I guess I was just heartened to see that the possibilty was left open for it...

Valiarde

Valiarde
Found another pic. Really digging Anakins HS. 
$270 for Padme in a very basic outfit and accessories is steep but sadly common these days :/

AttackoftheClones - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ PADMÉ AMIDALA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Phase_10

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for the extra pic, Valiarde. I'm also really liking the Anakin so far.

As you note, the Padme does seem way overpriced, but I'm also not surprised. I feel like the price is simply reflecting just how 'anticipated' this figure has been. Frustrating, but I guess they feel like since there's a demand there, they can take the piss and overchage for it. :/

In thinking about it, I am not overly keen on the whole 'moveable eye' thing, and prefer stationary eyes on my figures. I realise some like the versatility, but I think the moveable eyes have more of a tendency to give the uncanny valley effect. So far they don't seem too bad in the promo pics, but just expressing my own preference.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Given how the secondary market prices climb on certain rare figures (thinking Jyn Erso or Han Solo) I would expect Padme to go up as well (I don't think we will see another one soon?). That doesn't help you of course, as you want to collect figures and not sell them for profit. 
But it shows that they can ask these prices... Neutral

As a photographer I love the moveable eyes (if done right) but I can see why you might see not only upsides here. Selling the head later on for a great custom version is also an option. 

And sorry for your financial situation, but these will probably come out in 2024 i guess... And if these are must have holy grails to you, you should try and preorder instead of dealing with customs later on anyway. But I know that is easily said, if you are not in this situation.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes, I can see the appeal of the moveable eyes from a photography perspective, I just prefer to have them painted and/or as part of the overall headsculpt. I guess becuase I appreciate headsculpts as a singular sculptural art piece and I feel like having the eyes as separate entities are kind of taking away from that? LOL, idk. Just shows that everyone has something different they are looking for from this hobby.

And of course, I will PO both of these no matter what, I'm just hoping I can manage to get one from a UK site to get the better deal. But I'd rather get them and pay more hefty fees than not get them at all. Razz

Ovy

Ovy
Agree, beautiful outfit but maybe the head does not 110% catch Portmans likeness. But I still think it's a great headsculpt looking at the promos at least. She looks a tiny  bit more 'brutal'. I could imagine it being an alternative Jaroyesz head with moveable eyes once Kasrovykian hairstyle and face tattoos are added. So if you want to replace the head with a better one, I might be interested in the Hot Toys head.. Will still be very extremely expensive though  haha..

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I'll let you know, Ovy. I have to wait and see Lupo's Padme sculpt, which have been looking forward to for a while.... :')

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I wonder if the custom’s folks can get Yunsil to make a new outfit using the properly thin materials…

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yunsil is probably out of my price range, I'm guessing. But I'm sure it would look amazing.

For me, it's not a huge deal since this is hardly my all-time favourite Padme costume. I'm mostly just relieved that it can be crossed off my list of 'versions I don't have to make myself'. Razz

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I wonder if you couldn’t give her one of the outfits from the animated series…?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:I wonder if you couldn’t give her one of the outfits from the animated series…?

At this point, I don't need to, since I've already been working on a couple of those for a while....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum