OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Threezero - The Walking Dead - Governor (Philip Blake)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Diana

Diana
threezero presents a 1/6th scale collectible action figure of The Governor (Philip Blake), the popular villain of The Walking Dead.

As the charismatic leader of a small utopian town, the Governor acts as a stern but impartial leader—a seemingly hero who is a source of confidence and hope for the people he protects. But the character he plays is very different from his real personality. Beneath his well-intentioned exterior is a man of violence and fear.

1/6 The Governor's Collectible Action Figure is about 12 inches tall (about 32cm), with a high movable body, tailor-made vintage clothing and an exquisitely realistic David Morrissey (David Morrissey) head sculpture, with a tailored distressed outfit and four pairs of interchangeable hands. Accessory includes:
wrist watch, two guns and two melee weapons.

The Walking Dead 2022 AMC Film Holdings LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Estimated Shipping Date: Q2 2023

Series Name: "The Walking Dead"
Product Name: 1/6 Governor

Product Features:
About 12" inches (32 cm) high movable body and Tailor-made distressed clothing
Exquisite and authentic head sculpt

Clothing
Shirt
Jacket
Coat
Brown baby belt
Thick black belt
Pants
A pair of boots

Accessories
A pistol with a holster
A submachine gun with a sling
A sheath knife
A meter Jon's samurai sword
a watch
Interchangeable hand types:
a pair of relaxed hands,
a pair of fists,
a pair of gun hands, and
a pair of knife hands.

The materials used are ABS, PVC, POM, and fabric.
The package size is about (L110 x W130 x H360) mm (1 Kilogram)

NEW PRODUCT: Threezero - The Walking Dead - Governor (Philip Blake) 01115
NEW PRODUCT: Threezero - The Walking Dead - Governor (Philip Blake) 02118
NEW PRODUCT: Threezero - The Walking Dead - Governor (Philip Blake) 03113
NEW PRODUCT: Threezero - The Walking Dead - Governor (Philip Blake) 04110
NEW PRODUCT: Threezero - The Walking Dead - Governor (Philip Blake) 05109
NEW PRODUCT: Threezero - The Walking Dead - Governor (Philip Blake) 06107
NEW PRODUCT: Threezero - The Walking Dead - Governor (Philip Blake) 07105
NEW PRODUCT: Threezero - The Walking Dead - Governor (Philip Blake) 08103
NEW PRODUCT: Threezero - The Walking Dead - Governor (Philip Blake) 09102
NEW PRODUCT: Threezero - The Walking Dead - Governor (Philip Blake) 1097
NEW PRODUCT: Threezero - The Walking Dead - Governor (Philip Blake) 1194
NEW PRODUCT: Threezero - The Walking Dead - Governor (Philip Blake) 1283
NEW PRODUCT: Threezero - The Walking Dead - Governor (Philip Blake) 1376
NEW PRODUCT: Threezero - The Walking Dead - Governor (Philip Blake) 1467
NEW PRODUCT: Threezero - The Walking Dead - Governor (Philip Blake) 1562

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
A David Morrissey sculpt would be nicec to have, but I wish the eyepatch wasn't sculpted onto the head. :/

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Looks good. Agreed that the sculpted eyepatch is annoying.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ha, they also should have included a set of golf clubs with him. Razz

Ovy

Ovy
Cool guy doesn't look at explosions. Thought he was a mean psycho back when I watched it, but some seasons and villians later I think he was one of the nicer ones.

Yeah would be more versatile without the patch, but look how thin the thread is and how it's pressing into the skin and running through the hair, no way to simulate that with a real removable eye patch. And the eye wouldn't look that pretty probably.

He could be a Strykerverse Character though.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, see, it's the fact that the indent is sculpted into the skin that I *don't* like. But it's just my personal preference.

And I refused to watch any more of the show after they killed the only character I remotely cared about
Spoiler:
, so I've never seen past s5a. Razz

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The likeness is very good. So the villain in The Walking Dead is not a zombie? It says something about our entertainment industry and society, doesn't it? Sad He is also a villain in Britannia (at first I was wondering "where have I seen him, he seems to familiar," then I realized that was it). I agree, it's a shame the one head made of him wears a permanent patch (although a gouged out eye under it would be equally unhelpful).

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Neegan is human and he was one of the most disgusting characters on the show, but very popular for some reason.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Threezero - The Walking Dead - Governor (Philip Blake) C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:The likeness is very good. So the villain in The Walking Dead is not a zombie? It says something about our entertainment industry and society, doesn't it? Sad He is also a villain in Britannia (at first I was wondering "where have I seen him, he seems to familiar," then I realized that was it). I agree, it's a shame the one head made of him wears a permanent patch (although a gouged out eye under it would be equally unhelpful).

The zombies are antagonists, in that they attack the characters both singly and in 'hordes' and have to be defeated. But there are also simultaneously multiple different villains and antagonists throughout the course of the show. David Morrissey's character was only really in seasons 3 and 4, and then after that there were different villains. Some are recurring over longer periods of the show, some only stick around for a season or even just a couple of episodes. The whole point of the show is about how the zombie apocalypse affects everyone who is still surviving, turning some living humans into essentially 'the walking dead' even if they aren't actually zombies.

In my experience with the genre, it's fairly standard fare for zombie apocalypse stories to have both zombies and living people as antagonists. It isn't always a message of nihilism, either -- while The Walking Dead tends to have a rather nihilistic viewpoint (one of the reasons I stopped watching it), that's not always the case with the genre as a whole. The video game 'Days Gone' has a much more positive and hopeful message (or at least, that was my takeaway from it). I bring this up just as an example of how having living people in the role of villains doesn't necessarily inherently convey a negative or cynical message in a zombie apocalypse story context.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
^ yeah, "WE are The Walking Dead."

Very tempting figure, the clothing looks superb as usual with Threezero (not a GoT fan, but I'm buying those figures purely to kitbash the outfits).

Also from a period when this show was actually worth watching (pre JD Morgan's ridiculously overblown Negan/Andrew Dice Clay mashup, if you're interested in my humble IMHO).

I stuck with it up until the ignominious end of The Saviour War, but I really started losing interest when they started remorselessly stretching an episode's worth of content over half a series.

Jerry is cool, though.

Morrissey meanwhile, remains one of England's finest.

(the actor David Morrissey, not that bloke out of The Smiths)

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GeeWillikers wrote:^ yeah, "WE are The Walking Dead."

Very tempting figure, the clothing looks superb as usual with Threezero (not a GoT fan, but I'm buying those figures purely to kitbash the outfits).

Also from a period when this show was actually worth watching (pre JD Morgan's ridiculously overblown Negan/Andrew Dice Clay mashup, if you're interested in my humble IMHO).

Totally agree NEW PRODUCT: Threezero - The Walking Dead - Governor (Philip Blake) 261d

Spoiler:

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
skywalkersaga wrote:
Spoiler:

It's odd, because on paper, Supernatural-era JDM should make a perfect Negan - right build, right attitude. I was actually looking forward to him in the role but then he had that weight loss and it seemed to skew the whole thing. And that 'rocking-back-on-his-heels' schtick became particularly irritating. Very Happy

And yes, it did become ALL ABOUT HIM AND HIS COOL JACKET that didn't fit properly.

I'll admit I was tempted to watch the proposed Carol and Daryl spinoff (however contrived), as Carol was my favourite. I am so glad that Melissa McBride has now bailed and saved me the bother Smile

I'm really tempted by this figure though. Wonder if they'll make a complimentary Andrea? Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for reflecting, Sky. Admittedly, this is very much not my cup of tea as genres go. There have been a few better ones (to my sensibilities), like Shawn of the Dead, and Emergency (?), maybe World War Z. There just seems to be a predictable stock of characters and only so many ways of arranging them and their interactions to construct a plot. Plus, the creepiness factor, plus (the historian in me) beeing snobby towards a genre so recently invented. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum