OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 13]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:Always new heads and bodies that I've never seen before. Thank you for keeping me updated. Everything is always well presented and thanks to you I have less of a problem with a head that doesn't match the color of the body. I like the last lady's head. It's rare to find a female head that doesn't look like a Disney princess. This one looks like more than a real person to me like many others.

Your hair doesn't look unnaturally shiny, but rather very real. Did you edit it yourself?
Hi Ephiane, thank you very much, I'm glad you're enjoying them.
The most recent installment included the modified HT Tena (Angelina Jolie) head -- I removed the molded hair and a sort of diadem thingie that was unfortunatly dug into the forehead, repaired the hole and built up the cranium, then painted and rehaired. You can see more photos of her in a different photoshoot in the earlier installment HERE.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
17. Lost traveler from far, far away...

(To answer Simon's question.)

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 10 Bd0110

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 10 Bd0210

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 10 Bd0310

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 10 Bd0410

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 10 Bd0510

Valiarde

Little Friday must be so happy that rescue is near! Smile And now I want spring/summer back haha

I'm glad I posted the question about the Kuiil and animate you to post some pics. It is always good to see more in hand figure pics and your trio is pretty cool.

This guy is really little but the head seems not to bad from the size? I thought it might be harder to find a fitting size

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:Little Friday must be so happy that rescue is near! Smile  And now I want spring/summer back haha

I'm glad I posted the question about the Kuiil and animate you to post some pics. It is always good to see more in hand figure pics and your trio is pretty cool.

This guy is really little but the head seems not to bad from the size? I thought it might be harder to find a fitting size

Thanks, Simon, glad you liked it. I just looked it up -- it is a Heng Toys Persian Archer head. It is about regular size, with a removable wig piece (for the purposes of putting it inside a helmet). As I understand it, people affected with dwarfism have somewhat different bodily proportions, and the heads looking proportionately somewhat bigger can be appropriate.

At any rate, this "dwarf character" is makeshift -- I just stuck this head on him to see what it would look like (at the time I had not picked up the Kuiil head) and I haven't gotten around to replacing it. If I decide to go for a proper fantasy dwarf (whether with this head or another), he would have more pre-modern clothing.

Ephiane

Ephiane
what an interesting, charming character you have created. I completely agree with Val. Nice to see it in action and its exact dimensions. I also had my finger on the buy button. But I have so much unfinished work that it would just end up in a box. Such a figure wouldn't deserve that.
The couple from the sea is wonderful. I also want my own island. Very Happy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:what an interesting, charming character you have created. I completely agree with Val. Nice to see it in action and its exact dimensions. I also had my finger on the buy button. But I have so much unfinished work that it would just end up in a box. Such a figure wouldn't deserve that.
The couple from the sea is wonderful. I also want my own island. Very Happy

Thank you very much, Ephiane. Coming from you that is a huge compliment. As I added to the earlier response, probably while you were typing, it is still very much makeshift. I hope to make a more fully developed proper character of him one day, just don't know if he would be an Ugnaught (as in the original figure) or a proper dwarf yet.

The island of Ephland would be glorious, I'm sure. May I visit? Smile The couple from the sea are HT's first Aquaman (rehaired) and Flash Point's Atlantis Princess, which just arrived a couple of days ago.

Valiarde

Valiarde
True about the bigger heads on dwarfism persons. I had one in my class for a while.

So you picked up a kuiil head too?

Anyway quick question, do you need a neck or neckless head for this body?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
18: Dwarf or Ugnaught?

(Continued from 17, in answer to Simon's question.)

Valiarde wrote:True about the bigger heads on dwarfism persons. I had one in my class for a while.

So you picked up a kuiil head too?

Anyway quick question, do you need a neck or neckless head for this body?

You can really do both. The Kuiil figure was intended to work with his head, which is molded with an integral neck (your question made me dig it out and try it). The Heng Toys head I used for the makeshift dwarf also has an integral neck. But it can also accommodate a separate neck piece, that would support a neck-less head. See below:

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 10 Kuiil010

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 10 Kuiil011

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 10 Kuiil012

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 10 Kuiil013

By the way, note that the Kuiil head can open and close its mouth a little bit.

Valiarde

Valiarde
You are awesome and I like that my questions keep the pics flowing. Smile
That was very helpful again. Pretty cool figure overall.

Aquaman head feels a bit off in my eyes because my brain tells me Mamoa is always that super huge guy and seing him on a dwarf body is strange...but fun. The possibilities are so rich.

Kuiil is inspired by a dog i would think. Is there any star wars trivia about the alien types and animals? Smile

Ephiane

Ephiane
Thank you Gube, I feel entertained by your creativity. Allow me to comment as a fan of fantasy creatures. Gnomes or halflings are rather slight. Dwarves are often very massive. But I always like bizarre creatures. A skinny dwarf would also be attractive. The opening mouth of his original head is exactly my thing. I love stuff like that. and again with your permission...the face app recognizes his face.

My interest in the character is growing. can he take off his helmet? After you've got Mamoa's hair so great, you can make Quill eyebrows out of mohair.

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 10 16910

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Wild new addition, Ian. I see you got the Mera figure too. Still waiting on the B version.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 10 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:You are awesome and I like that my questions keep the pics flowing. Smile
That was very helpful again. Pretty cool figure overall.

Aquaman head feels a bit off in my eyes because my brain tells me Mamoa is always that super huge guy and seing him on a dwarf body is strange...but fun. The possibilities are so rich.

Kuiil is inspired by a dog i would think. Is there any star wars trivia about the alien types and animals? Smile

Thanks, I'm glad you found it informative. Yes, you're right, Aquaman's head is a bit too much and looks quite massive, but you get the point -- it was the handiest head, since I had taken it off the body to replace with my custom haired one. So you can use this body with both kinds of heads.
I always thought Ugnaughts were inspired by pigs, and even Wookiepedia describes them as "porcine." Admittedly, their appearance has altered a bit since ESB, judging by Kuiil.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Ugnaught

Ephiane wrote:Thank you Gube, I feel entertained by your creativity. Allow me to comment as a fan of fantasy creatures. Gnomes or halflings are rather slight. Dwarves are often very massive. But I always like bizarre creatures. A skinny dwarf would also be attractive. The opening mouth of his original head is exactly my thing. I love stuff like that. and again with your permission...the face app recognizes his face.

My interest in the character is growing. can he take off his helmet? After you've got Mamoa's hair so great, you can make Quill eyebrows out of mohair.

Thanks for the toothy smile, Ephiane. I love it! And thanks for the extra information. I always thought LOTR's (film-based) dwarfs were pretty stout for the most part (except for the "Hot Dward," as my female friends called him -- Aidan Turner, I think). As for Kuiil's head, do keep in mind the mouth opens very little, about as much as you can notice between the different photos above. An enterprising customizer like yourself could probably get more out of it than I. The helmet is not intended to be taken off, but does appear to be a separate piece that one can probably pry off with some effort and patience. My half-hearted merely exploratory attempts have not yet succeeded in doing that. He has hair under the helmet, too, whether it is all sculpted and painted I don't know, but what shows is. Yes, one could definitely go to town with some sparse hair for those porksters.

Stryker2012 wrote:Wild new addition, Ian. I see you got the Mera figure too. Still waiting on the B version.
Thank you very much, Mark. Yes, Mera arrived a couple of days ago. She was too pretty to pass up, even if I have my serious reservations about the actress, and as others have pointed out, the chemistry between her and Aquaman was pretty minimal, making for a less interesting character. Remind me, what's distinctive for the B version?

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Love the 'Atlantis' figures! Can she poop in his bed underwater? (trial reference) or are they like fish where it's everywhere all the time anyway? lol sorry just woke up. Nice Dwarf too! I see you're using the new Queil body and clothes.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great work Ian! Just out of interest, what Bodies do you guys use for the small folk?

Diana

Diana
What a nice bunch! Aquaman and Mera look really good. But your lost Traveller sure steals the show. Great choice of head! I like the combination as is, but I'm looking forward to seeing what else you'll do with it. Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:Love the 'Atlantis' figures! Can she poop in his bed underwater? (trial reference) or are they like fish where it's everywhere all the time anyway? lol sorry just woke up. Nice Dwarf too! I see you're using the new Queil body and clothes.
I'm pretty sure that suit would keep everything in and clean on the outside. Yes indeed, I decided I will not get another chance at an Ugnaugth (even if Disney version), so I picked him up and reconstituted him from parted out parts.

BAMComix wrote:Great work Ian! Just out of interest, what Bodies do you guys use for the small folk?
Thanks, but there is little to take credit for. The dwarf is just Hot Toys' Kuiil body and clothing.
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t6520p220-gubernator-s-various-photos-kitbashes-and-customs-updated-25-january-2024#110007

Diana wrote:What a nice bunch! Aquaman and Mera look really good. But your lost Traveller sure steals the show. Great choice of head! I like the combination as is, but I'm looking forward to seeing what else you'll do with it. Smile
Thanks, Diana, glad you liked them. I have no immediate plans for the character, but will update if and when he changes.

Visisonor

Visisonor
Ingenious use of ugnaught body Smile

davidd

davidd
Hey, I really like the looks of the dwarf with the... I don't know the super hero characters as well as I should, is that a "Thor" head? The overall shape of the head seems to fit the dwarf-like body stylistically. Plus, I like the pugnacious expression; like, don't mess with me, man!

The shorter body looks fantastic with the Star Wars head as well. I would have thought that was an official release rather than a kitbash, it looks so natural.

Fun stuff! And different than what most of us seem to do. I applaud your creativity!

ukshaun

ukshaun
Good see a picture of Mera out in the wild.
In the end, i never picked up Mera A or B Wink
From what i can tell, the figure turned out good. Her bust appears to be larger than expected.
Is it as good as the prototype, i cannot quite tell.
Still waiting for a review to drop.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Visisonor wrote:Ingenious use of ugnaught body Smile
Thank you, glad you approve!

davidd wrote:Hey,  I really like the looks of the dwarf with the... I don't know the super hero characters as well as I should, is that a "Thor" head? The overall shape of the head seems to fit the dwarf-like body stylistically. Plus, I like the pugnacious expression; like, don't mess with me, man!

The shorter body looks fantastic with the Star Wars head as well. I would have thought that was an official release rather than a kitbash, it looks so natural.

Fun stuff! And different than what most of us seem to do. I applaud your creativity!
Thanks, Dave, I'm glad you like him. The head I placed to show it can work with a neck-less head + separate neck piece is Aquaman (Jason Momoa) from the first HT Aquaman set. I had it on my desk, because in the photo I had swapped it with the same head but rehaired by me with real hair. There are now at least two commercially available Aquaman heads with (synthetic) hair, and one more with sculpted molded hair.

When given the Star Wars Kuiil head, it really is the official release, reconstituted with spare parts -- minus a few items. That's why I can't take much credit for it.

Thanks again!

ukshaun wrote:Good see a picture of Mera out in the wild.
In the end, i never picked up Mera A or B Wink
From what i can tell, the figure turned out good. Her bust appears to be larger than expected.
Is it as good as the prototype, i cannot quite tell.
Still waiting for a review to drop.
Yes, I wasn't sure she would get produced, or that I would be able to source a parted out head. You can see some closeups of the head in the Head Catalogue thread. She is indeed quite busty -- I don't know if it is screen accurate, but then again there is that armored wet suits on top of it. You'd like a review? It would be a short one. She is not very poseable in this tight restrictive thing.

ukshaun

ukshaun
GubernatorFan wrote:Yes, I wasn't sure she would get produced, or that I would be able to source a parted out head. You can see some closeups of the head in the Head Catalogue thread. She is indeed quite busty -- I don't know if it is screen accurate, but then again there is that armored wet suits on top of it. You'd like a review? It would be a short one. She is not very poseable in this tight restrictive thing.

Are you happy with the head sculpt compared to the prototype, as from what i can tell it turned out good.
With Hot Toys releasing Black Manta from Aquaman 2, i wonder if there are chances they will release Mera?
As we know, Hot Toys passed on offering either Black Manta or Mera from the 1st Aquaman movie.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

davidd

davidd
That's a custom re-root... or re-glue... on the Momoa Aquaman? That's impressive!
To my eye, every bit as good as the "Gandalf" everyone is excited over.
Of course, I'm not looking at the figs in-hand, in-person, and side by side.
But it certainly comes across well in photos!
Outstanding craftsmanship!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ukshaun wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Yes, I wasn't sure she would get produced, or that I would be able to source a parted out head. You can see some closeups of the head in the Head Catalogue thread. She is indeed quite busty -- I don't know if it is screen accurate, but then again there is that armored wet suits on top of it. You'd like a review? It would be a short one. She is not very poseable in this tight restrictive thing.

Are you happy with the head sculpt compared to the prototype, as from what i can tell it turned out good.
With Hot Toys releasing Black Manta from Aquaman 2, i wonder if there are chances they will release Mera?
As we know, Hot Toys passed on offering either Black Manta or Mera from the 1st Aquaman movie.
I just snapped a few more photos, which I will post later. I'd say she is comparable to Super Duck quality.

davidd wrote:That's a custom re-root... or re-glue... on the Momoa Aquaman? That's impressive!
To my eye, every bit as good as the "Gandalf" everyone is excited over.
Of course, I'm not looking at the figs in-hand, in-person, and side by side.
But it certainly comes across well in photos!
Outstanding craftsmanship!
Thank you very much, Dave! Very flattering. Yes, a "re-glue" to be exact, with very minor painting if I recall. This might be from before your time on the forum, as an older custom, but here are a couple of threads where he shows up in multiple posts:

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:
My interest in the character is growing. can he take off his helmet?
Well, I have finally done it. The helmet is not designed to be taken off, but after a lot of huffing and puffing and heating and prying, I managed to get it off. Once it has been pulled off/unstuck, you can place it on or off as you wish. Where it attaches to the head neither the helmet nor the head are complete, so if you want to fix that, you'd have to do some modifications.

Here are some photos.

19. Under the helmet and back again

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 10 Kuiil014
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 10 Kuiil015
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 10 Kuiil016
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 10 Kuiil017
Good as new. Even without glue, the fit is pretty strong.

Hope this helps.

BAMComix

BAMComix
A very cool character, Ian. Lovely figure. What I particularly like about these type of figs is the variety in scale they offer in a picture with other figures, making it more true to life.

Ephiane

Ephiane

Thank you very much for your efforts . I hope he wasn't injured. Looks like it would be easy to model the back of the skull and add a hairstyle over it with mohair. Was the pair of eyes inserted into the skull from behind? Hot Toys could have made the figure a little more expensive and added movable eyeballs.

Please don't try to remove the back plastic part from the head because of my questions. Very Happy

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Cool, I was fooled by the hat, I thought it was actually removable and not just stuck on there, I guess there's no real reason to make it removable. The body is also nice but at the same time I feel like Ugnaughts should be a bit shorter? Doesn't really matter tho, variety is the spice of life.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 10 1f60e

Spartan06

Spartan06
Cool set and setting for these two and/or three.  I like the shorter guy with the second sculpt with the gruff look.  Seeing the mechanism inside his head, do the eyes move?

Really nice pairing of the two main figures, Aquaman and Mera, with and without the third one.  And great craftsmanship on the enhancements!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:A very cool character, Ian. Lovely figure. What I particularly like about these type of figs is the variety in scale they offer in a picture with other figures, making it more true to life.
Thank you very much, Dal, I'm glad you liked them.

Ephiane wrote:
Thank you very much for your efforts . I hope he wasn't injured. Looks like it would be easy to model the back of the skull and add a hairstyle over it with mohair. Was the pair of eyes inserted into the skull from behind? Hot Toys could have made the figure a little more expensive and added movable eyeballs.

Please don't try to remove the back plastic part from the head because of my questions. Very Happy

You are very welcome, Ephiane. No he wasn't injured (much). The hood was not meant to be removed, so there was probably some glue that I had to pry unstuck. Yes, it should be easy to sculpt the back of the head into something presentable. It would be more difficult to alter the molded hood so it would still fit, I suppose.
Yes, movable eyeballs would be good, but they didn't do this here. My guess is that perhaps the eyeballs were separately painted pieces, inserted and locked into place. The back plastic part seems securely ensconced (or glued), when I already checked if it would come out easily (which it did not).

Theboo-bomb wrote:Cool, I was fooled by the hat, I thought it was actually removable and not just stuck on there,  I guess there's no real reason to make it removable. The body is also nice but at the same time I feel like Ugnaughts should be a bit shorter? Doesn't really matter tho, variety is the spice of life.
They did a good job placing it, so it does look like the separate piece it is, rather than part of the same mold/sculpt. The real reason to not make it removable is presumably because this way they didn't have to sculpt and paint the back of the head and find another way of making the hat/hood sit securely and convincingly on top of the head. I think there is some difference between this Disney Era Ugnaught and the original ones in ESB, and height might be part of it.

Spartan06 wrote:Cool set and setting for these two and/or three.  I like the shorter guy with the second sculpt with the gruff look.  Seeing the mechanism inside his head, do the eyes move?

Really nice pairing of the two main figures, Aquaman and Mera, with and without the third one.  And great craftsmanship on the enhancements!
Thank you very much, glad you liked them. 
The short guy is Kuiil -- with either his own Ugnaught head or the bearded long-haired Persian Archer one I've been using. What you see from the back of the Kuiil head is not a mechanism but a non-movable brace/frame. It is either glued or jammed in there really well (or both), and does not seem to have any give. My guess is that the eyeballs are separately painted pieces that they stuck in there and then locked into place with this frame. Perhaps the plastic visible beyond the little holes in the frame belongs to the back of the eyeballs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum