OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Empty Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:41 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
It all began with me taking a shine to a 1/6th scale portrait while searching on ebay
The portrait ships with a body.

When i first spotted the portrait in question, it sparked ideas for what i would name a 'normal' a 100% normal 1/6th figure, a character who did not want to stand out, a character who wanted to blend in and look normal (no big bust etc).

Once the portrait (complete with body) was purchased, for some reason i had the idea to create a Skater Girl Smile

As soon as the components arrive, i will post pictures.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

2Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Empty Re: Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:14 am

Diana

Diana
Cool! Looking forward to seeing your vision come to life! Very Happy

3Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Empty Re: Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:21 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Diana wrote:Cool! Looking forward to seeing your vision come to life! Very Happy

Thanks, and me to Smile

If i had not discovered 1/6 scale skates on ebay (by accident might i add, as i was searching for 1/6 footwear - shoes - trainers etc) Skater Girl would not be happening.
All the bit's required for the character have been ordered. Some from the UK, some from China (..as China offers free shipping on small parts). It will be interesting to see how it all turns out Smile

Posing should be fun! Very Happy

4Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Empty Re: Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:16 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Should be a fun bash to work on, I wasn't aware there were 1/6 scale skates either.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl 1f60e

5Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Empty Re: Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:26 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Theboo-bomb wrote:Should be a fun bash to work on, I wasn't aware there were 1/6 scale skates either.

Searching on ebay a few moments ago:
VSTOYS offer black/black, black/blue, black/white, black/pink roller skates.
GI Joe skates (white and silver-grey)
Barbie vintage ice-skates that appear to feature real metal blades.

..and that's about all.
No sign of old skool 4 wheel (with wheels side by side) blue & yellow roller skates in 1/6

6Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Empty Re: Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:30 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
ukshaun wrote:
Theboo-bomb wrote:Should be a fun bash to work on, I wasn't aware there were 1/6 scale skates either.

Searching on ebay a few moments ago:
VSTOYS offer black/black, black/blue, black/white, black/pink roller skates.
GI Joe skates (white and silver-grey)
Barbie vintage ice-skates that appear to feature real metal blades.

..and that's about all.
No sign of old skool 4 wheel (with wheels side by side) blue & yellow roller skates in 1/6

Well I never really looked for them, I just thought no one did them since most things are military and all I do is military themed, but it's cool they do, sometimes I'm surprised with the stuff that's made for 1/6 that I would never learn exists without you guys.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl 1f60e

7Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Empty Re: Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:50 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Flirty Girl did a “Roller Girl” costume set that came with the type of skates you’re talking about back in 2017. There were 2 or 3 color options.

Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl 85c8eb10

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl C8485110

8Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Empty Re: Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:20 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Stryker2011 wrote:Flirty Girl did a “Roller Girl” costume set that came with the type of skates you’re talking about back in 2017. There were 2 or 3 color options.

Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl 85c8eb10

Those are the type of skates i was thinking of.

9Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Empty Re: Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:55 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
PLSB2021-S47B arrived today.
The body is bigger than expected.
I either have the choice or searching for a smaller body, or searching for a larger portrait, as the portrait i have looks too small on the PLSB2021-S47B

10Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Empty Re: Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:42 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ukshaun wrote:PLSB2021-S47B arrived today.
I either have the choice or searching for a smaller body, or searching for a larger portrait, as the portrait i have looks too small on the PLSB2021-S47B
Yes, S47B is on the tall side. S49B is a slightly shorter alternative, though not quite as short as the petite bodies. But maybe you had not yet discovered the Catalog thread when you ordered.

11Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Empty Re: Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:05 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
GubernatorFan wrote:
ukshaun wrote:PLSB2021-S47B arrived today.
Yes, S47B is on the tall side. S49B is a slightly shorter alternative, though not quite as short as the petite bodies. But maybe you had not yet discovered the Catalog thread when you ordered.

I had discovered the Catalog thread. I thought i had made enough checks to pick out the correct body. The body is being returned and a new one ordered.

The official Phicen / TBLeague website should feature an advanced 'choose your body section' that is simple to use.

My idea for a design for such a feature:
Imagine an image featuring a long line of every Phicen / TBLeage body made to date (available or discontinued)
The long image would feature a zoom in and zoom out option and be scrolled from left to right.
Offer the option to sort the bodies using various tick-box options. Tall to Short. Short to Tall etc
Directly below each image / body would be it's details - Product Code, Height etc. (the usual stuff)

Other design ideas:
Allow the user to select any number of bodies and remove all non selected bodies from the line-up, thus reducing the length of the long image, and allowing the user to focus more on what they are searching for.
At any time the user should have access to the option to rotate a body 360

I think that is about it Smile

12Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Empty Re: Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:45 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ukshaun wrote:I had discovered the Catalog thread. I thought i had made enough checks to pick out the correct body. The body is being returned and a new one ordered.

The official Phicen / TBLeague website should feature an advanced 'choose your body section' that is simple to use.

Imagine an image featuring a long line of every Phicen / TBLeage body made to date (available or discontinued)
The long image would feature a zoom in and zoom out option and be scrolled from left to right.
Offer the option to sort the bodies using various tick-box options. Tall to Short. Short to Tall etc
Directly below each image / body would be it's details - Product Code, Height etc. (the usual stuff)

Other design ideas:
Allow the user to select any number of bodies and remove all non selected bodies from the line-up, thus reducing the length of the long image, and allowing the user to focus more on what they are searching for.

I'd imagine the body would have been useful to you for something else.
As for these features, the long side by side images (with limitations I have already explained) have existed for a long time, first linked, now posted too. The interactive features you suggest, however, are beyond the technical capabilities of this forum and its hosting website.

13Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Empty Re: Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:59 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
GubernatorFan wrote:
ukshaun wrote:I had discovered the Catalog thread. I thought i had made enough checks to pick out the correct body. The body is being returned and a new one ordered.

Other design ideas:

I'd imagine the body would have been useful to you for something else.
As for these features, the long side by side images (with limitations I have already explained) have existed for a long time, first linked, now posted too. The interactive features you suggest, however, are beyond the technical capabilities of this forum and its hosting website.

I cannot think of a character that could use such a body. It requires a head sculpt that is on the larger side (Hot Toys or slightly larger).

I understand the forum tech limits Smile

14Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Empty Re: Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:59 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
S45 Suntan should arrive over the coming days. I hope this one works better than the S47B Suntan
I think it will work. If fails to work, i will find another use for it Smile
One other body that could work is the S17B Suntan

Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Phicen10
LOADING: Image(s)

Phicen / TBLeague PLSB2021-S47B Suntan - Small Bust Female Seamless 1/6 Action Figure
Phicen / TBLeauge PLSB2021-S45 Suntan - Small Bust Female Seamless 1/6 Action Figure
Phicen / TBLeague S17B Suntan - Medium Breast Size Female With Removable Feet Seamless 1/6 Body Action Figure

I pieced together the image above using Photoshop and images found on the web.
The idea being, to provide a fast reference to compare the 3 figures.
The height info has been added to each image to provide help myself and others.

Annoyingly, as far as i am aware, the official height measurement provided by Phicen / TBLeague measures from the base of the foot to the top of an imaginary portrait.
It would make more sense to provide a measurement from the base of the feet to the top of the metal ball-joint on which the portrait attaches to.

NOTE: The 3 figures in the image above are about the correct size in relation to one another.
Each figure was resized in Photoshop literally by resizing each image by entering in the height in mm
As luck would have it, each figure is in a similar pose.

15Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Empty Re: Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:00 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Interesting - I like the idea of a pretty down to earth normal 1/6 figure, like you mentioned in your opening post.
Very curious how this will turn out Smile

16Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Empty Re: Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:10 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Valiarde wrote:Interesting - I like the idea of a pretty down to earth normal 1/6 figure, like you mentioned in your opening post.
Very curious how this will turn out Smile

I might return to Normal Girl at some point.
The reason being, i have now decided that the original portrait will not be used for Skater Girl, as i have discovered a more fitting portrait. The original portrait just might be used for Normal Girl, or something else?

It seems like i have 2 projects on the go. 3 projects really, as i started work on another one this week. At this rate will end up with 7 kitbash projects in total, and i still have plans for a Norman Stansfield from Leon (the professional). I have a head-sculpt of Norman Stansfield, which requires painting, which is going to take time and money - he remains on hold.

17Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Empty Re: Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:10 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Phicen / TBLeauge PLSB2021-S45 Suntan

Arrived last week. It fits the theme of tall sporty type, which is what i wanted.
The only negative relates to the lower arm, which would look better if the lower arm was slightly thicker, with a hint of muscle definition.

On the subject of Pale, Suntan. I wonder if Phicen / TBLeauge have considered another level of Suntan that looks more red / orange to reflect a Suntan. The current Phicen / TBLeauge Suntan tends to reflect Asian / Oriental color, which is not what i would label a Suntan.

18Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Empty Re: Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:10 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ukshaun wrote:Phicen / TBLeauge PLSB2021-S45 Suntan

Arrived last week. It fits the theme of tall sporty type, which is what i wanted.
The only negative relates to the lower arm, which would look better if the lower arm was slightly thicker, with a hint of muscle definition.

On the subject of Pale, Suntan. I wonder if Phicen / TBLeauge have considered another level of Suntan that looks more red / orange to reflect a Suntan. The current Phicen / TBLeauge Suntan tends to reflect Asian / Oriental color, which is not what i would label a Suntan.
I don't know how I would characterize the current suntan, but it seems slightly more natural than the pale. Early on, their (female) suntan was ever so slightly darker and more red/pink. Moreover, they used to have a tan, that was slightly darker yet, but they stopped producing it.

19Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Empty Re: Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:18 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
GubernatorFan wrote:
ukshaun wrote:Phicen / TBLeague PLSB2021-S45 Suntan

On the subject of Pale, Suntan. I wonder if Phicen / TBLeague have considered another level of Suntan that looks more red / orange to reflect a Suntan. The current Phicen / TBLeague Suntan tends to reflect Asian / Oriental color, which is not what i would label a Suntan.
I don't know how I would characterize the current suntan, but it seems slightly more natural than the pale. Early on, their (female) suntan was ever so slightly darker and more red/pink. Moreover, they used to have a tan, that was slightly darker yet, but they stopped producing it.

Maybe the future of Phicen / TBLeague will see them offer more color ranges.

20Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Empty Re: Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:22 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl 20230314

Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl 20230315

Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl 20230316

I completed this project some weeks ago..
The plan was to wait until summer and take some outside shots.
Summer's too far off, so i took a couple of shot's inside in front of the laptop screen

The Chinese knock-off head sculpt turned out really nice.
The yellow top was white (i dyed it yellow)
The blue denim shorts, brown belt, black sports bra, white socks, black roller boots, white watch were purchased off of ebay
The black wrist strap (to hide the wrist join) was hand-made
The belly-button piecing was created using 2 chrome dots (used by nail-bars)

While the portrait size fits the height of the body well, the narrow width of the body might have looked better if they were wider. All in all, i am happy with the out come of the project Smile

Come summer, the plan is to take some outside shots and create some inventive skater poses.

21Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Empty Re: Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:27 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I have that beautiful head sculpt too, although I find it a bit placid. She is definitely very summery. It is a challenge finding a head that would scale realistically on this body.

22Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Empty Re: Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:51 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
GubernatorFan wrote:I have that beautiful head sculpt too, although I find it a bit placid. She is definitely very summery. It is a challenge finding a head that would scale realistically on this body.

I assume you have the original head sculpt?
My head sculpt ship in a clear box with body. Maybe it is official in some way? from VERYCOOL

23Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Empty Re: Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:48 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That is a Verycool head — but if it was original, the box wouldn’t have been clear. Doesn’t matter, though, she still looks good. The outdoor shots should be cool. I wonder though if the denim shorts aren’t going to “chafe” when she really gets into it… Razz

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl C8485110

24Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Empty Re: Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:41 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I suppose my head was original, but have no idea. It was a long way back. Looks the same, from what I remember.

25Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Empty Re: Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:36 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Project - Normal Girl / Skater Girl Roller10

Today Skater Girl turned Oriental..

The reason being..
Phicen / TBLeauge PLSB2021-S45 Suntan ships with an oriental head sculpt.
I thought i would give the oriental head sculpt a try, as it is more in scale with the body, compared to the portrait i wanted to use.

I slapped on some spare red colored shades, which add to the sunny theme of a model skater type.
Some black knee-pads might add something to the charcater.

The blonde hair head sculpt has a new home over on Project Leftovers Smile
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t6582-project-leftovers?highlight=leftovers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum