OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Project - Arctic Gun Girl

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Project - Arctic Gun Girl Empty Project - Arctic Gun Girl Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:07 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Arctic Gun Girl were 3 words i had in mind when thinking about kitbashing a figure that likes to hunt in the snow.
I thought it would be fun searching out various 1/6th scale items to put together ^_^

No photo's for the moment, as i have none to shoot/show. I have however been busy searching for items online.

Today the 1st item (the body) arrived. I decided to go with the TBLeague PLMB2017-S22A Med Bust Pale
Unlike my other TBLeague kitbashes, Asami Yamazaki (Audition) and Nurse Alex Price (An American Werewolf In London)
PLMB2017-S22A features muscle definition, which i thought would be ideal for hunter snipper character.

Since my fictional character, who has no name (for the moment atleast) hunts in the snow, i have been searching for all things white colored. So far i have found:

White - Boots - The boots look great, but are probably not suited to the role. But hey-ho..
White - Hat
White - Gloved hands
White - Sleevless Bubble Jacket - Arnold Schwarzenegger / Commando inspired the sleeveless direction..
White - Skintight Bodysuit - I like to think the PLMB2017-S22A muscle definition will show through to some degree..
White - Snipper rifle (feat. camouflage)

..and that is about all.

I did find something called 'white chest hangs' that hold grenades etc. Sadly the seller informed me today that they are out of stock and difficult to find. Likewise, i did find some neat looking goggles, that were clear grey, not white. Sadly the Chinese seller had no option but to refund me, as the strict Covid measurements inplace prevent him from posting items for the foreseeable future (2 months or more?).

I found some cool looking ski-poles, which i placed a bid on. Fingers crossed i win those.

In my mind, the kitbash has started to shape up as some sort of 007 actric spy snipper type.
The kitbash could end up looking like some sort of cosplayer ;D

The portrait. I went with a 1/6th portrait featuring long white/blue/silver hair. It will be interesting to see how it looks in person.
I hope it fits with the wild arctic theme. Fingers crossed, it might arrive this week Smile

For the moment, i am still searching for some suitable eye-wear.
It annoys me so much when i see an item that i like only for it to be located in the US. The problem with that is, the postage tends to be very high ($20) for a small item that can cost $10. Chinese sellers tend to offer free postage. There are some UK 1/6th scale sellers on ebay, but they tend to over charge for the actual product.

To be continued..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

2Project - Arctic Gun Girl Empty Re: Project - Arctic Gun Girl Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:46 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Yay, great to hear you are making customs based on your imagination!

She definitely needs a white Balaclava or ski mask, although I am not sure there are any available. But it 's probably easy to make out of an old white undershirt.

3Project - Arctic Gun Girl Empty Re: Project - Arctic Gun Girl Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:10 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Ovy wrote:Yay, great to hear you are making customs based on your imagination!

She definitely needs a white Balaclava or ski mask, although I am not sure there are any available. But it 's probably easy to make out of an old white undershirt.

I will be using glasses. I did pick up a ski mask, but it ended up not being available. The issue with a balaclava is covering too much of the face up. It is an idea i might consider further down the line. I think i spotted a 1/6th scale white balaclava a couple of the days ago.

I wanted a white leg/thigh holster. So far no luck. I did spot one, but it was part of an entire outfit - it seems there is a white snipper outfit available off the shelf, but mine will look slightly different.

4Project - Arctic Gun Girl Empty Re: Project - Arctic Gun Girl Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:18 pm

csyeung

csyeung
Snow queen shirley by flagset was a pretty good set that matches your description. If anything, you can look for parted out pieces from that set if that helps.

5Project - Arctic Gun Girl Empty Re: Project - Arctic Gun Girl Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:41 pm

Ovy

Ovy
ukshaun wrote:

I will be using glasses. I did pick up a ski mask, but it ended up not being available. The issue with a balaclava is covering too much of the face up. It is an idea i might consider further down the line. I think i spotted a 1/6th scale white balaclava a couple of the days ago.

I wanted a white leg/thigh holster. So far no luck. I did spot one, but it was part of an entire outfit - it seems there is a white snipper outfit available off the shelf, but mine will look slightly different.

Yeah of course it would be an option. Also nice would be some kind of ski mask you roll up to turn into a beanie.

Oh btw, have you ever looked at those strips of face masks and FFP2 masks? I burn through several of them for work so I collected quite the supply of elastic white fabric elastic bands. (I have a group of characters who only dress in white so I started collecting some) The ones on the FFP2s is a bit broader and often quite fine. I made a leg holster for a knife and belts out out of these. They are little tubes actually and can be put over fingers, although I haven made gloves out of them yet. They are elastic enough to put over rifle barrels even.

6Project - Arctic Gun Girl Empty Re: Project - Arctic Gun Girl Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:28 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
csyeung wrote:Snow queen shirley by flagset was a pretty good set that matches your description. If anything, you can look for parted out pieces from that set if that helps.

I just Googled "Snow queen shirley by flagset" - great looking figure. Great outfit. I noticed that Snow Queen Shirley has a black leg/thigh holster. I wanted a white colored holster. They are rare.

I now know where the "white chest hangs' that hold grenades etc" originate from. It probably explains why the seller had to cancel my order, as they probably all ready sold them and finding them again is difficult.

7Project - Arctic Gun Girl Empty Re: Project - Arctic Gun Girl Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:30 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Ovy wrote:
ukshaun wrote:

Yeah of course it would be an option. Also nice would be some kind of ski mask you roll up to turn into a beanie.

Oh btw, have you ever looked at those strips of face masks and FFP2 masks? I burn through several of them for work so I collected quite the supply of elastic white fabric elastic bands. (I have a group of characters who only dress in white so I started collecting some) The ones on the FFP2s is a bit broader and often quite fine. I made a leg holster for a knife and belts out out of these. They are little tubes actually and can be put over fingers, although I haven made gloves out of them yet. They are elastic enough to put over rifle barrels even.

White strips from FFP2 masks - interesting.
I could pick up a black plastic gun leg/thigh holsters and paint it white then replace the black elastic with white elastic. Thanks.

8Project - Arctic Gun Girl Empty Re: Project - Arctic Gun Girl Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:50 pm

Spartan06

Spartan06
I like your concept, and I can't wait to see the finished (or partially finished even) project.

Best of luck in finding what you need and successful bidding!

9Project - Arctic Gun Girl Empty Re: Project - Arctic Gun Girl Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:12 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Sounds like a great idea for a fig.

10Project - Arctic Gun Girl Empty Re: Project - Arctic Gun Girl Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:34 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Spartan06 wrote:I like your concept, and I can't wait to see the finished (or partially finished even) project.

I won the ski's and poles Smile

For the moment i only have 3 items. Body, Head, Sleeveless puffer/bubble jacket

Project - Arctic Gun Girl _incom10
LOADING: Image(s)

BAMComix wrote:Sounds like a great idea for a fig.

Thinking about it.. it's none too original..
Hot Toys - Black Widow (white outfit)
VS Toys - Assassin (white outfit)

I guess my figure will look similar while looking different Very Happy
I found a thigh holster. Light-grey (not white). Light-grey fits the theme.

11Project - Arctic Gun Girl Empty Re: Project - Arctic Gun Girl Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:56 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
For anyone who is interested, www.blackopstoys.com has a $9.00 USD off code at the moment: SANTA30

I spotted an item i was after on ebay. I searched around some more, and spotted the exact same item on blackopstoys being offered for a lower price, better shipping + i made use of the $9.00 off code Smile

12Project - Arctic Gun Girl Empty Re: Project - Arctic Gun Girl Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:01 am

Illusion

Illusion
sounds like a cool project. I like characters like that and look forward to your pics once she is wearing more than the sleeveless jacket Wink

13Project - Arctic Gun Girl Empty Re: Project - Arctic Gun Girl Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:09 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
ukshaun wrote:
Spartan06 wrote:I like your concept, and I can't wait to see the finished (or partially finished even) project.

Sounds cool. I have been thinking of mixing and matching existing uniforms from very cool figs to give my genesis agents their own look, I'm currently looking into a few possibilities. I'm sure yours will turn out terrific! I always enjoy your uploads, even if I do forgot to post in your threads Wink

14Project - Arctic Gun Girl Empty Re: Project - Arctic Gun Girl Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:33 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
BAMComix wrote:
ukshaun wrote:

Sounds cool. I have been thinking of mixing and matching existing uniforms from very cool figs to give my genesis agents their own look, I'm currently looking into a few possibilities. I'm sure yours will turn out terrific! I always enjoy your uploads, even if I do forgot to post in your threads Wink

Will be interesting to see your mix n'match creations.
..and thanks!

15Project - Arctic Gun Girl Empty Re: Project - Arctic Gun Girl Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:46 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Project - Arctic Gun Girl _incom11

Item no.4 arrived today. A pair of white 7 eyelet boots.
Quite how practical the heel will be in snow might be some sort of clue as to the type of character i'm building.
Atleast the boots do look fit for winter.

16Project - Arctic Gun Girl Empty Re: Project - Arctic Gun Girl Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:57 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Illusion wrote:sounds like a cool project. I like characters like that and look forward to your pics once she is wearing more than the sleeveless jacket Wink

I figured it would not be appropriate to post an image of her wearing only a sleeveless jacket. Maybe the white body-suit will arrive come Saturday.
The UK postal service is on strike Friday, which is annoying. 12 days of strikes this year with more to come.

17Project - Arctic Gun Girl Empty Re: Project - Arctic Gun Girl Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:28 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Project - Arctic Gun Girl Arctic10

Arctic Gun Girl - Preview 001

The white body suit arrived today, which allowed to get down to business and start assembling Artic Gun Girl (working title)

At first, i thought the white body suit was too small..
As luck would have it, it stretched as much as need be to fit over the TBLeague PLMB2017-S22A
In person, a percentage of the skin tone shows through the white outfit, which works well, and goes well with the light blue hair on the portrait.

For the moment, the white puffer/bubble sleeveless ride's up, and looks better when pulled downwards.

The boots took some fitting. I am thinking about wrapping the laces around to the rear of the boots.

One area that i am super happy with is the TBLeague PLMB2017-S22A leg muscle tone showing though the white outfit. That was the plan from the beginning.

18Project - Arctic Gun Girl Empty Re: Project - Arctic Gun Girl Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:36 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Looking good so far!

19Project - Arctic Gun Girl Empty Re: Project - Arctic Gun Girl Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:38 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
BAMComix wrote:Looking good so far!

Thanks..

I'm waiting on the white hat, gloved-hands, rifle, belt, and grey-holster to arrive. The holster ships with a pistol. I will probably paint the pistol white.
..and some ski's, but i am not sure if the ski's will work (with the boots). They could form part of a base concept.

It would be good to get the figure finished and for some snow to arrive, so i can take some photos Smile

-

Edit: I have some shades on order. I'm going to have to paint the frames white.
I have thought about picking up a couple of grenades, to complete the look.

20Project - Arctic Gun Girl Empty Re: Project - Arctic Gun Girl Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:47 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
You should come here to where I love, Shaun. We have plenty of snow for your snow bunny.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Project - Arctic Gun Girl C8485110

21Project - Arctic Gun Girl Empty Re: Project - Arctic Gun Girl Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:49 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Stryker2011 wrote:You should come here to where I live, Shaun. We have plenty of snow for your snow bunny.

Lucky you..
It has turned freezing here as of yesterday. Snow might hit. Complete or not, if snow falls, i'll take some shots.

22Project - Arctic Gun Girl Empty Re: Project - Arctic Gun Girl Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:16 am

Diana

Diana
She's coming along nicely! Amazing how her legs look. Maybe it's the one angle, at which the huge upper legs don't bug me. Or maybe it was another sneaky adjustment to the model?? Shocked

I'm looking forward to seeing her all geared up. Photos in the snow would be great!!

23Project - Arctic Gun Girl Empty Re: Project - Arctic Gun Girl Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:27 am

csyeung

csyeung
Looking good so far!

24Project - Arctic Gun Girl Empty Re: Project - Arctic Gun Girl Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:28 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Diana wrote:She's coming along nicely! Amazing how her legs look. Maybe it's the one angle, at which the huge upper legs don't bug me. Or maybe it was another sneaky adjustment to the model?? Shocked

I'm looking forward to seeing her all geared up. Photos in the snow would be great!!

Thanks..
In the future i will take more shots from different angles. I'm none too bothered by the leg thigh size. This particualr body with the larger bust and tan option would be ideal for a Street Fighter - Chun Li kitbash Smile

25Project - Arctic Gun Girl Empty Re: Project - Arctic Gun Girl Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:01 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
csyeung wrote:Looking good so far!

Thanks..
It feels almost their. Just waiting on the rest of the accessories to arrive. Post strikes and Christmas post levels are not helping. They will get here eventually.

I am think on a custom base. Something Hot Toys size covered in snow. Maybe FIMO painted white could work?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum