OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 12]

shovelchop81

GubernatorFan wrote:All the little details add so much more realism. Don't lose patience.

It's cooler today and less humid so I'm in a better mood. I didn't realise Wales is in the same humidity bracket as Florida! Both 60-90% , I left bloody Florida for many reasons but at least I thought I wouldn't have to deal with that damn humidity again! It's different when your mode of transport is a motorcycle, no aircon like a car or building etc.. and if there's no breeze it just gets hotter the faster you ride, odd but true!
Anyway loads more painting, repainting, modding the spear to look more like the angular shafted one in the movie with purpose made indentations to mimic the designs in the drawings, still telescopes out but has lost the ability to stay connected together with a default stopping point; just like the HT ones!Laughing Basically it's flatter on one angle and thinner on the other so squished into a sort of oblong profile.

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 8eXPisi

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 KjjvzQJ

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 EMa2XHe

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 BdQfCRa

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 QX167Bo

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 F3vYooI

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 VUHoO62

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 BtNMqRO

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 UbGWbLb

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 JyYtFQv

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 5V3B3dx

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 BYyDKBk

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 3rBUQg8

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 Rny3eZa

HARD TO PHOTOGRAPH! PAINTED IT TOO.

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 De5CG1W

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 FrX1o7h

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 NL9ACAh

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 BDpROWx

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 Y4mce8i

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 TTHZE4F

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 ZWtq51A

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 RBfY0C6

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 KimQO3j

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 QPMp212

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 WmXa4jA

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 Ely6kgM

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 GUsHZXS

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 EaSRHcs

FAKE ILLUMINATION KIND OF BLOWS AWAY ALL THE HIGHLIGHT WORK I'VE DONE.

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 TRzaIZB

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 HkrppDr

HIGHLIGHTED THE BLADE EDGES

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 PxOloEb

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 GXE9xGp

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 BWgHEJm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
You've really brought out the metallic character of the pieces. Looks very good to me.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

shovelchop81

GubernatorFan wrote:You've really brought out the metallic character of the pieces. Looks very good to me.

Thanks! Now I'm trying to attach everything but he has no armour or netting! Kind of ironic since you asked me about how things were attached in my AVP Predators build before I'd even seen 'PREY' and my answer was 'straps'. Well he hasn't got any here... or even netting...some kind of subdermal magnetic implants? Would be quite off putting if fighting near anything ferrous though! Twisted Evil
Anyway I'm coming up with solutions as I go lol.

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 WtrDcZd

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 SLTtj2G

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 Meakg5m

MY 3RD HAND POWERED DRILL HAS DIED... HENCE THE VICE GRIPS..

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 Lh0Iw5I

NEEDED TO SMARTEN UP THE UNDERSIDE AS IT FACES OUT WHEN ON HIS BACK, ALSO NEEDED TO COME UP WITH AN ATTACHMENT SYSTEM.

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 UQMgndh

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 7g1NFkF

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 Mv3prZj

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 CLka98h

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 TrrI0XE

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 N4QUefp

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 MVSGTAN

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 6QbU3Fn

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 SKndAgP

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 77w2xOH

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 TLDW1ke

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 AyynaKV

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 B3cNn92

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 XwmcIrA

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 WyQiQRw

MOCK UP OF ATTACHMENT SYSTEM THAT IS PLAUSIBLE AND SHOULD LOOK OK EVEN WHEN NOT IN USE.

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 S9kyY4R

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 QDkPUeg

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I know it is not finished, but it's nice to see the weapons fit on him so well.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
All that paint work really brings out the details. Excellent work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 1f10

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:I know it is not finished, but it's nice to see the weapons fit on him so well.

Stryker2012 wrote:All that paint work really brings out the details. Excellent work.

Thanks guys! The length of the collapsed spear is still really bugging me, I don't know what the designers were thinking putting across his back like a bedroll! If he's running he's going to constantly be bashing his wrists into it, I know they're protected by the gauntlets but you'd think they would have it more vertical along the outside of his backpack like the AVP Predators' have theirs. Oh well that's the design and I have stick with it but I want to make it collapse more scratch since I no longer have to worry about the 'stopping points' on the spear sections I might be able to have more freedom to cut things down a bit now.

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 WzfWm9r

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 CJCIep9

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 GPEf1Ce

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 SIIabWk

YET HERE IT IS STICKING OUT LIKE A SORE THUMB

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 YS2SKUp

LOOKS BETTER HERE

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 Y9kLr9I

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The amount of work that has gone into this is staggering!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
For a moment I thought you'd say it extends so far that he'd get stuck between two tree trunks. Smile

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
skywalkersaga wrote:The amount of work that has gone into this is staggering!

Tell me about it, I'm starting to doubt my sanity! LOL nearly there though.

GubernatorFan wrote:For a moment I thought you'd say it extends so far that he'd get stuck between two tree trunks. Smile

Good point, that too then! Very Happy Already started hacking away at it...

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
This is the max I can take all the segments down too if it's still going to be an intimidating weapon when fully extended, looks about right to the movie, perhaps even more collapsed but that could be wishful thinking. Well if the designers are going to flat out deny the existence of ergonomics and physics there's only so much I can do to compensate for that. Rolling Eyes

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 ZOrIuYQ

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 JtLcBqT

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 BqjasGd

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 YCDyXdF

ALL THE BITS CUT OFF

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 H8pWznW

BEFORE

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 S9kyY4R

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 QDkPUeg

AFTER

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 DYXHDTD

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 1I6137g

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 T4B4cSi

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 JiWByih

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 D42V6Wn

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 KkxZKxt

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 ARPeLyB

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, you're so right, he better not nick himself on that edge.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Yes, you're so right, he better not nick himself on that edge.

You'd think the blade would retract into the handel! What's he going to do with it like this, play darts? He's got his biltgun for that! Twisted Evil

Right... done a bunch of sculpting, quite happy with it except perhaps for the profile silhouette, could be a bit more 'dome' shaped at the top going into the crest. I'll add mechanical greeblies later to the 'metal' section around the back.

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 FrFCL5m

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 1CTUKSt

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 OuWv5ls

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 LVq5fxj

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 GRLjhDO

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 Mtdbowq

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 4pEmCGU

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 6ZYqsxi

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 Vku1aPo

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 YQbGji6

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 QX73URg

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Lots of great work. Took me a bit to catch up. Struggling over the length of his spear thingie was interesting to observe. I applauded how you were willing to work at trying to duplicate what CGI is able to pull off.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice job on the sculpt. Somehow I didn't realize you'd have to do it yourself.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Agreed! Great carving and sculpting skills!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2012 wrote:Lots of great work. Took me a bit to catch up. Struggling over the length of his spear thingie was interesting to observe. I applauded how you were willing to work at trying to duplicate what CGI is able to pull off.

Cheers Stryker! Probably a small thing amongst all the other parts but it was bugging the hell out of me! lol.

GubernatorFan wrote:Nice job on the sculpt. Somehow I didn't realize you'd have to do it yourself.

Cheers GBTF! Well it just seemed the easiest route, only took an hour, still needs some mods and added sculpting but nothing drastic.

BAMComix wrote:Agreed! Great carving and sculpting skills!

Thank you BAMX!

Looks kind of like 'The Fly' from the movies in black!lol, I've done a negative effect to a few pics to give you a better idea of how it will look in bone white colours, sort of works. All cured now and luckily went as planned coming off the head in one piece but still gripping it enough to stay on very securely.

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 QyuT4zI

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 Smi6wRy

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 2lIFkj1

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 EyokzrT

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 USHqlQj

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 AiDTAJ0

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 UvatkBh

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 Fi8QsKN

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 Lo2sebH

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 ZFNb3Mm

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 5lzAjxt

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 VWWGbMe

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 TOlHhH9

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Forgot to show the inside and it on it's own. Done lots more sculpting on it, new cheeks so the jaws can open properly, a new forehead that is more 'domed' with added and improved detail, new extended tech 'collar' like bit on the back of the head with plenty of techy greebles, smaller holes in the bone 'crests'. Done another negative pic.

BEFORE MODS

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 5cKBgX3

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 NhecHsx

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 S7l5dGe

AFTER RESCULPTING

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 NKO1Gic

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 SxhtdU5

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 0xyvx2W

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 GvH8zCY

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 UO8l7a0

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 J5qQ9go

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 Wy7q4TI

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 EXEG1SP

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 5WywQ8j

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 IytTwlv

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 HeMgmr0

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 E27wfkY

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 Y1QWj6L

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 10XlInU

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 NRrHsOP

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 6Mqdeg0

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 AGChf2v

blackpool

blackpool
fascinating work bro!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wow, beautifully gnarly. I see what you mean about the fly. Smile Of course it will look right with the right colors.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
blackpool wrote:fascinating work bro!

Thanks! Well he's an interesting looking character.

GubernatorFan wrote:Wow, beautifully gnarly. I see what you mean about the fly. Smile Of course it will look right with the right colors.

Yeah, freaky!

Helmet cured, it was damn hard to get this sucker (pun?) off his face! I was really worried that I was going to break it but with enough silicone oil and pressure in the right places I managed to pop it off in one piece with no cracks! Now I can safely remove any excess milliput on the inside that is holding on too tight and line it with very thin foam to protect the face's paint work.
Just realised it kind of looks like a Facehugger too! Twisted Evil

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 7PwWha3

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 TJRDQom

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 DPsWP4G

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 WbLySMj

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 YrL1ksI

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 EY2cQ4U

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 6shJYHy

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 DNfcJc8

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm glad it came off without a hitch. But talking like you do, does that mean the next one would be from Alien vs Predator? Smile I know many hate that movie but somehow I don't.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:I'm glad it came off without a hitch. But talking like you do, does that mean the next one would be from Alien vs Predator? Smile I know many hate that movie but somehow I don't.

I don't get why people 'hate' movies, you either like them or you don't, it's not like they killed your mother or something egregious like that.
I bought the HT Wolf Predator with double canons and the Predalien pretty soon after they came out so fortunately that movie is covered for figures lol. There was no secret hinting at something with the observation that the mask looks like a facehugger, now If I said that it also looks a bit like an Engineer in full exosuit with the mask, would that mean I was planning something? Wink TBH I hadn't actually thought of that until right now and funnily enough I was looking at my KO Thanos figure (I have a HT one now) and wondering what I could do with him...about the right size for an Engineer figure don't you think? Cool

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 3GQORKY

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:I'm glad it came off without a hitch. But talking like you do, does that mean the next one would be from Alien vs Predator? Smile I know many hate that movie but somehow I don't.

I don't get why people 'hate' movies, you either like them or you don't, it's not like they killed your mother or something egregious like that.
I bought the HT Wolf Predator with double canons  and the Predalien pretty soon after they came out so fortunately that movie is covered for figures lol. There was no secret hinting at something with the observation that the mask looks like a facehugger, now If I said that it also looks a bit like an Engineer in full exosuit with the mask, would that mean I was planning something? Wink  TBH I hadn't actually thought of that until right now and funnily enough I was looking at my KO Thanos figure (I have a HT one now) and wondering what I could do with him...about the right size for an Engineer figure don't you think? Cool

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 3GQORKY
As in Prometheus? Maybe. But wouldn't Thanos be more buff? Or maybe the difference is not that much after all.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:As in Prometheus? Maybe. But wouldn't Thanos be more buff? Or maybe the difference is not that much after all.

I don't know, they're pretty buff without all the armour, it's just an idea.

Dremelled the inside of the helmet down for a safer fit, also filed and sanded bits here and there. Primered it black and have done a couple of white coats as a base colour. Obviously plenty more to come paint wise.

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 LNpzsQG

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 2XTGtET

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 D1GvGLW

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 OCJno6i

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 FqQZJ24

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 W86LNTK

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 GMmDEAs

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 HzwYk1D

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 R23ULPe

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 CmfVuvE

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 DKgrh51

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 GMO3jm3

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 SRHKYpN

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 OUxaN2c

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Wow! Impressive result. That helmet looks cool.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2012 wrote:Wow! Impressive result. That helmet looks cool.

Thank you sir! Unfortunately I took my eye of the ball sightly and let the helmet get too round and not the more 'edgy' diamond shape and a few inaccuracies on the sides but hopefully should be simple enough to get rid of the worst of it.

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 88K8FqT

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 DIP83Cc

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 FuASIFK

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 O0E083x

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 4jDMAUS

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 XPyNRv6

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Done my usual faffing around changing things to make more accurate in shape and with some details. Added a stronger magnet and thin foam to the inside of the mask.

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 Yywij5g

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 FekB5MB

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 ZXi8jCO

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 Aia5EGe

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 5UhOPD4

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 RO8siO8

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 OF2cn65

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 UYFnYQD

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 CuhOtas

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 PW9WCON

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 3j3n4UP

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 E55dJFh

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 IcSlBme

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 CoH10rM

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 RPSTVNj

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 K6yM7J4

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 E0Nb5Q6

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 0soouNm

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 RUar8J7

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 YS512WX

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 B9lW6zR

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 WYeV6NH

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 ZMPkufG

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 LbNrStm

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 2gnv9te

BAMComix

BAMComix
It's really coming along now Wink

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
BAMComix wrote:It's really coming along now Wink

Thank you! I finally found a use for this terrible 'gold' paint, it's good for old bone colours! It's basically shiney mustard like that old injection moulded gold plastic that falls to bits on old toys like Transformers from the 80's and 90's.

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 Gw1IAPP

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 1T44IsU

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 ECmng36

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 11FPf5W

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 K1hQs0n

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 Ixot4ZC

AND SEPIA OF COURSE LOL...

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 D0ZFIqr

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 YqEqfmO

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 6II3VHh

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 11 Cy09ota

STILL NEED TO DO A BLACK INK WASH ON THE CHROME/SILVER AND SPONGE ON A HIGHLIGHT COLOUR FOR THE BONE, AN OFF-WHITE OF SOME SHADE.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum