OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 12]

shovelchop81

Stryker2011 wrote:Looking good. Are you going to add more width to the check bones?

Cheers! I thought about it but realised the cheekbones are actually a visual illusion or out of context without the mandibles attached to put them into better perspective. My mandibles also don't close all the way so the cheekbones look narrower than they are, the pic below is probably the best analogue to the 'expression' on my sculpt. He will be wearing the helmet too.

Took forever to create these stupid mods of the original pic! Which is why I love working with my hands and my brain, not a damn computer's! Mad

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 CQRJDuy

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 YQmZkB9

shovelchop81

GubernatorFan wrote:You had me at "more human and less dinosaur." Nice work! I miss the earlier eyes, but I'm sure these will end up looking just as good, once you're done with the work around them.

Cheers! Yeah the eyes definitely need more work but it's really hard to see what I'm doing in that shadowed area that's all black anyway when wet.

Cleaned up the holes in and out on the head for the dreads, the tricks I've tried for tapering the ends failed miserably (melting, sharpening etc..) and casting them out of latex is an option (either using the outside of souvlaki sticks to paint it on or use them to create multiple moulds like boxes of ammunition) but would take forever and the failure rate would be terrible due to air pockets, blockages, latex not curing etc.. So I'm just taking the easy route of cutting the cables to length 12cm and simply snipping the ends at angles to then be touched up with a black Sharpie pen.

ONE THIN ONE DONE, A 1,000 (NO IDEA OF THE REAL NUMBER PROBABLY 100?) MORE TO GO IN DIFFERENT SIZES!

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 JtuKkLP

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 LUECxvc

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 4PCkmZx

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 S8nfNTg

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 A34HUaC

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 T97UEbs

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 QWnuDl3

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 O7aKh9S

THE PROBLEM WITH THE THICKER CABLES IS THEY ARE DUAL WIRED SO HAVE INTERNAL INSULATION OF DIFFERENT COLOURS Mad

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 HTNzaVr

TWO OUT OF FOUR SIDES LOOK FINE LOL

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 Ey5W33I

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 CW3P2dO

OH WELL, HAVE TO START SOMEWHERE! Wink

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 4VzV6lb

OOPS! NEED TO PAINT THE BACK BLACK FIRST!! Embarassed pirat

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Yep, you better paint this up first. Then apply the thousand braids. Smile Looks like you have made plenty of good design choices. I'm not sure if I was reading it right, but I hope the helmet will be removable.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

shovelchop81

GubernatorFan wrote:Yep, you better paint this up first. Then apply the thousand braids. Smile Looks like you have made plenty of good design choices. I'm not sure if I was reading it right, but I hope the helmet will be removable.

I still need to resculpt the eyes and I need to install a magnet into his forehead which will require a bit of Dremeling and resculpting; this will be for the helmet that will also contain a magnet so yes it will be removable Wink . I'm just bored of sculpting right now, been doing it for a week I think and I want to see how the braids look before I do the eyes so it's just black primer for now on the back of his head.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
So after a quick primer spray (masking the face) I started inserting the dreads of 3 different sizes, ran out part way through so had to sand and wash with acetone free nail remover to get the white markings off the paired wires so I could use them as well. Finished inserting them all with super glue but don't like the look of the thicker ones which are inaccurate and hard to pose too but I'd run out of wire again so had to sacrifice the 5th charger for the build to get some more (they're just old ones from old phones etc.. that will never be used and I probably have duplicates anyway, also kept the chargers and connectors just incase I have to rewire them for some obscure reason). So onto making more dreads after I've managed to pry out the thick ones hopefully!

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 BZTeJNn

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 E6x0LlJ

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 JXp1yfF

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 RWrEZcu

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 WU2blZY

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 78ZujMv

RAN OUT OF SMALLER ONES HERE SO HAD TO MAKE MORE

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 EVjW4aT

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 ICDe0zI

AND CLEANING LONG BITS OF CABLE ENSURES YOU GET ATTACKED ON ALL SIDES BY CATS!

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 TdGn3xM

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 Mv6tMHc

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 YoFnzkt

SANDED CABLES, SILICONE OIL WILL DARKEN THEM AGAIN LATER

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 Gig7y6T

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 ASV566B

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 K432o2U

YEAH NOT LIKING THOSE THICK DREADS AT ALL

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 9iJRjqp

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 YzoGGox

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 Xmupgrk

I HAVEN'T ADDRESSED THE TIPS AT ALL YET

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 Dmjl25I

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 TV6dhIN

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 XbRRTXW

THERE'S HOPE OF TAMING THE THINNER ONES!

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 Qd0yxcx

MORE WIRE....

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 6IqIXDU

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks like quite the struggle. I wonder if you couldn’t find a spool of thin chord (like you might find for sewing leather), or the kind that jewelry craft folks use, that would eliminate that bulky look and you may even be able to add considerably more with smaller holes in between the larger ones…?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Looks like quite the struggle. I wonder if you couldn’t find a spool of thin chord (like you might find for sewing leather), or the kind that jewelry craft folks use, that would eliminate that bulky look and you may even be able to add considerably more with smaller holes in between the larger ones…?

Bugger! Wish I'd thought of that before I got tunnel vision with the wire/cable idea. Oh well I think every choice of medium would have its flaws here and there... Rolling Eyes
This hasn't turned out too bad as it is, I need to marker the copper tips black then add silicone oil which will make them much darker and shiny like the movie; I'll also take off the head then I can have more control over reposing the wires. We'll see how it goes, if I have to change them for something more 'fluid' like tassels then I will.

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 6mefyo5

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 Wx1dZUk

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 KVsZMeY

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 X3am5F1

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 1Zw0zaf

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 UGovXF0

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 T5Q2BT7

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Doesn’t look too bad (and sorry if I threw a monkey wrench into your thoughts).

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Doesn’t look too bad (and sorry if I threw a monkey wrench into your thoughts).

LOL! Don't apologise it's a really good idea that led me to thinking of the material they make those soft thin twisted/braided tassels out of. Now if only I knew what that material was called aside from polyester or silk! scratch

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm loving the dreads. Of course, you can always add more, and finer ones too.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:I'm loving the dreads. Of course, you can always add more, and finer ones too.

Cheers Ian! We have to remember no matter how mixed up the lore might be, the 'dreads' are basically thin lekku costume and movie wise.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Amazing detailed work, love the locks!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:I'm loving the dreads. Of course, you can always add more, and finer ones too.

Your wish is my command.... Wink

BAMComix wrote:Amazing detailed work, love the locks!

Cheers BAMC! I've added more thinner ones now too.

As you can see with the head removed I'm able to have more control over the wires/dreads. I've redone they eyes, touched up the snout and jaw hinge areas. I forgot to do the magnet insertion but I want these eyes to cure asap as just breathing on the damn things changes their expression!! affraid

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 QpMA2eb

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 3eTdrLM

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 HNrdaOR

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 XQCAL50

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 HAA3RlB

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 Y24vxAb

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 CUtnbGG

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 Amyvck7

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 NxTpRT1

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 Cf0AjNC

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 AHbY7KD

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 KYayW6V

JUST FOUND ANOTHER LENGTH OF THIN BLACK WIRE I DROPPED SO I CAN FILL IN THAT SMALL 'BALD SPOT' I NOTICED IN THE PICS.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looking good. Noticed that bald spot, but I didn’t want to say anything. Wink

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I was saying it already looked very good, but, yes, the extra and different wires bring more variety and more life into it. So it looks even better now, which is only to be expected.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Looking good. Noticed that bald spot, but I didn’t want to say anything. Wink

Feel free to point stuff like that out as I might well have missed it myself, as it is I'm not even sure if we're talking about the same 'bald spot' lol!

GubernatorFan wrote:I was saying it already looked very good, but, yes, the extra and different wires bring more variety and more life into it. So it looks even better now, which is only to be expected.

I can't help noticing you avoided mentioning the eyes, not a fan? Paint should change your mind but we know how much I "love" painting eyes affraid !! pirat

THIS IS THE SPOT I NOTICED.

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 8k6TmBB

ADDE 3 NEW BITS OF THIN WIRE (ALL I HAVE LEFT BUT COULD DIG OUT SOME OLD EARPHONE WIRES IF NEEDED). THE CAMERA AND FLASH ARE REALLY HARSH AND SHOW MORE THAN THE EYE CAN SEE BUT AT THE SAME TIME 'WHITEOUT' DETAILS ON THE FACE SO TURNED THE FLASH (TORCH) OFF A FEW PICS IN.

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 FAt4rJR

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 5RnSFec

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 Dz4c5en

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 WifQNPb

JAWS OPEN AND CLOSED ETC..

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 YYaUycI

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 LisCnmg

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 FsELPG6

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 RR5FfyM

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 XyrBXEM

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 T5bchCc

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 O9e8NL3

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 JhkfH2f

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 UGZ0jCn

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
OK...I'm officially sick to death of sculpting this guy's head as you probably are of seeing it! So last changes made: installed magnets in the head then sculpted over them, eyebrows redone to be more aggressive, chin redone to be more prominent. Tested a theory about using computer ribbon cable for dreads, would it have been better? Not sure and finding it in black here in the UK is next to impossible (Canada has a lot for some reason but shipping is £30 and takes a month at least) I found one place over here but don't know if they have enough and I'm skint anyway.

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 8iyYyFH

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 04p7sZW

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 1p9aTnd

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 TkvQLiL

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 AtwNsHa

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 ORzhrhx

RESCULPTED CROWN OF HEAD.

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 ZENpXB8

RESCULPTED EYEBROW RIDGES AND BOTTOM JAW.

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 3SFgBP4

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 My0jng9

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 RrUIGwQ

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 YQSBq4Q

SORT OF MODDED IT ALL SLIGHTLY AS I TOOK PICS.

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 0L1p53g

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 BpKWGx3

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 E8a5m34

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 MO2eFvm

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 G4ALcaE

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 FVj0vX6

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 HG44Gi6

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 KPFJqoy

WELL IF THIS DOESN'T DO THE JOB SO BE IT..AS EVERY TIME I NEED TO MOD ONE SIDE THEN I HAVE TO MOD THE OTHER WHICH TURNS INTO A CONTINUOUS SPIRAL OF 'CATCH 22'S' Mad Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like the sculpt. And the dreds. Since you mention the eyes (I wasn't sure you were done with them), I had to go back and look at your reference materials again. It looks to me like your earlier eyes were spot on, with less prominent eyelids and more prominent eyeball. The heavy eyelids you seem to have added makes it look more human, and the eyeball less prominent. It still works, but I think it is a more distant resemblance.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:I like the sculpt. And the dreds. Since you mention the eyes (I wasn't sure you were done with them), I had to go back and look at your reference materials again. It looks to me like your earlier eyes were spot on, with less prominent eyelids and more prominent eyeball. The heavy eyelids you seem to have added makes it look more human, and the eyeball less prominent. It still works, but I think it is a more distant resemblance.

You're right, I've been thinking of sanding them back down, he needs a fair bit of sanding overall to be honest, get rid of the rough edges. Tougher sculpt to do than I had thought, in some pics it looks tall and thin but in others it looks flat and wide! It's just a trick of the camera angles but hard to translate into 3D! A nice 3D design graphic I could rotate in all directions for reference would really help! bounce

Looks like there's new fan art coming out every day now and products too, some brilliant some not so much but I guess it means I'll be getting the hacksaw and wedges out again...

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 BLbBbSi

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 HoQYJTF

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 OLYDcuI

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 9sZFkv0

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 82Ouaw3

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 ONzt5jh

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 NI85kV3

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 YS2SKUp

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 ZYUYaGC

THIS IS A BRILLIANT 3D RESIN PRINTED AND PAINTED STATUE! HOW THE PRINTING FILES GOT TO BE SO ACCURATE I'M NOT SURE, I'M GUESSING A VERY TALENTED FAN OR SOMETHING MORE NEFARIOUS WHICH WOULD JUST MAKE ME FEEL BETTER AS OTHERWISE SOMEONE ELSE BEAT ME TO THE PUNCH! LOL. I HAD TO TAKE PIC OF MY MONITOR AGAIN TO GET THE PICS UPLOADED TO IMGUR, THERE MUST BE SOME PROPERTY LAW SCREENING GOING ON WITH THIS FILM!

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 XaIwxqg

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 ZZBYoDB

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 TuOaUEG

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 Qz47QLB

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 GPEf1Ce

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 SIIabWk

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 Wo5vIDX

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 WzfWm9r

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 A9pYaxS

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 CJCIep9

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 Zd7IZ7v

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 OdDKpOE

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 NVnV9Mx

THE BUSINESS CARD BELONGS TO THE PAINTER AND UPLOADER, THE STATUE I THINK IS ACTUALLY AN OFFICIALLY LICENCED RESIN STATUE KIT.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Here we go again! Mods inspired by the new better reference pics above and that it never looked quite right so out came the hacksaw and the milliput... Wink it's curing by the radiator now.

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 FIzfpvo

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 4IGwWcp

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 9GeyG8w

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 0Q60Xoi

CLEANED THE EYES BACK TO DO THEM AGAIN

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 OemjS4g

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 MUOhe8Q

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 BPnOfHy

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 7QFJAyS

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 PA27QQ6

MORE DREADS NEEDED SO BYE-BYE OLD HEADPHONES ETC...

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 FKofZIL

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 XtpEKPI

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 S0fMpJq

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 WWFRxOM

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 Ge2tbZz

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 FNBcJeK

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 PJkBDkD

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 FLUF8fG

I THINK THE LAST PIC SELLS THE MODS QUITE WELL.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice modifications, I think you achieved a great likeness. And of course, now it is functional with the helmet, too. By the way, I just realized what bothered me with the more human (or sleepy) eyelids the last time -- remember the old movie Time Machine (1960)? Well, it featured this:

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 MV5BODE5NWNhMjQtY2Q1NS00YThlLThhMGYtMjFiNjEwNTkwNjEzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTE2NzA0Ng@@._V1_

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
I guess you're all yawning at this point, sick of seeing this sculpt repeatedly (as happens in a lot of my WIP's so you should be used to it by now lol) but this will be it's final configuration I just need to add the rest of the dreads which requires further drilling as the remaining wires are a bit bigger; then I paint it with black primer (not the dreads) and we'll see what I've finally come up with better. Oh, I popped the eyes out and dremelled new sockets higher up and glued new ones in them.

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 Ptwxxwt

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 9pt39F7

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 3p8DlkX

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 TnYLtUU

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 UtgOgeF

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 GovR31D

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 Mp1ad7K

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 IfwLjVs

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 E5sOEUE

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 3LmYv41

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 CfeLV9g

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 Z8BuPo0

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Nice modifications, I think you achieved a great likeness. And of course, now it is functional with the helmet, too. By the way, I just realized what bothered me with the more human (or sleepy) eyelids the last time -- remember the old movie Time Machine (1960)? Well, it featured this:

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 MV5BODE5NWNhMjQtY2Q1NS00YThlLThhMGYtMjFiNjEwNTkwNjEzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTE2NzA0Ng@@._V1_

Cool! Was that a god of the Morlocks or something? Nice 1920's style design.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Head's turned out a bit bigger than planned lol! I could shrink it down by cutting off the section above the jaws then cutting that into quarters removing a couple of mm thickness from the internal cut areas, basically removing a 3D cross shaped section, then sticking it all back together but not sure if I can be arsed tbh.

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 CiOayoe

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 KOUScFt

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 HrZYBoB

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 2WdNEgG

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 D78qOcy

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 ShRrlGT

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 WH6UKQy

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 4WD8PVn

HAVING SAID THAT, THE REFERENCE STATUES HAVE HUGE NOGGINS TOO! Twisted Evil SO IT MUST BE ACCURATE! Wink

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 XaIwxqg

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 ZZBYoDB

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 TuOaUEG

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 Qz47QLB

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 SIIabWk

Valiarde

Valiarde
That is a cool head nonetheless. Can't wait to see it painted Smile

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Valiarde wrote:That is a cool head nonetheless. Can't wait to see it painted Smile

Cheers Valiarde! It was this comparison and portrayal of the head that really messed things up, I realised it was concept art but had no idea just how totally different it is/was in size and shape!! Evil or Very Mad Mad confused

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 3 DhaVDUR

VERSUS THIS LATER DISCOVERY

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, Predators always had big noggins. I'd say gear and footwear can compensate for the effect, but this guy is relatively exposed. Still, if the body is a lighter color in the end, it would help. I posted without seeing the latest post -- wow that is quite a difference between predators; however, as you point out, your version is very faithful to the statue version, and that is arguably more artistic and striking.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Interesting how different this latest Predator looks compared to previous. Why the different head shape?

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Well, Predators always had big noggins. I'd say gear and footwear can compensate for the effect, but this guy is relatively exposed. Still, if the body is a lighter color in the end, it would help. I posted without seeing the latest post -- wow that is quite a difference between predators; however, as you point out, your version is very faithful to the statue version, and that is arguably more artistic and striking.

Cheers GTF! Right now it is what it is LOL.

Stryker2011 wrote:Interesting how different this latest Predator looks compared to previous. Why the different head shape?

As far as I know so far, the lore is that he's from a different part of their planet, so a different race like we have on Earth which affects bone structure in the face a lot and also in the skeleton just like here.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum