OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Visisonor

davidd wrote:it could have been a conditioned reflex, and an assumption that the SynCons were intent on destroying all humans
Exactly. She knew where shots came from, but thought she'd be their next target.

davidd wrote:I like the "translated" l337 naming convention for the Syncons.
Ah, I'm glad you noticed Smile

davidd

Visisonor wrote:

davidd wrote:I like the "translated" l337 naming convention for the Syncons.
Ah, I'm glad you noticed Smile

I liked "Rick" (or "Ric") for 121C -- that's clever! It's like l337 in reverse!

Visisonor

Chapter 7

The room was darker and smaller. Constantin was sitting on a bed, struggling to open his eyes.
- Am I hallucinating? - he grumbled, looking around sleepily.
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_6823

Then he noticed Linda entering the room. And then those who followed her in.
- Linda! Watch out, - he shouted, jumping upright sharply and reaching for his empty holsters. - Syncons at your six!
- It's all right, - Linda assured him hurriedly, - They've rescued us.
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_6824

- They what?!
- Emily brought troopers with her... She then told them to kill us. Syncons arrived just in time and took them all down.
- You should have seen Linda in action, - Tomoko patted Linda's shoulder, smiling broadly. - She almost took down syncons right after!
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_6910

- Well, it was... Um, - Linda stumbled, then waved her arm around the room, - Costa, this is Tomoko and this is Leliana, agents like us. And these are our rescuers, Tess and Rick.
- So syncons have names... - muttered Constantin.
- While we have not yet verged from the subject of seeing it in action, - intervened Rick, - We have it recorded.

Constantin watched in disbelief as the syncon grabbed a large laptop from the side table and started video playback on it. Linda turned to the screen too, reliving events she was part of, now from a different perspective.
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_6825

- I wouldn't believe it myself if I haven't seen it personally, - she remarked once it was over.
- Damn. That was bloody stupid of me, - Constantin frowned. - I warned you about possible plots and yet I took her story at face value.
- We cannot confirm or deny whatever Emily was saying since she wasn't our focus, - commented Tess. - We were watching the two of you.
- Watching? - Constantin repeated, looking at her intently. - Wait, I've seen you before...
- Oh, - Linda suddenly remembered. - In the tunnel!
- That is correct, - nodded Tess.
- And you let us out, - stated Constantin.
- Yes.
- What sort of game are you playing? - he asked after a few seconds of contemplation.
- Our game is to end this war, - said Tess levelly.
- End this war? But you are actively fighting against us! - argued Constantin skeptically.
- It is not as simple as not fighting, - objected Rick. - If we do stop, humans will not, and we will be destroyed.
- So you are saying we would still fight you... - reasoned Linda.
- Think of it in terms of cui bono, - suggested Tess.
- Is there any benefit for us in this conflict? - demanded Constantin.
- The whole human population lives in a constant state of martial law, - Leliana, who was silent until this moment, joined the conversation.
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_6826

- Exactly! - nodded Constantin.
- You have to forfeit your wellbeing to support the vast military, and focus all your efforts on the mission, on the orders. Pretty much every aspect of your lives is sacrificed for the war and regulated to be in line with the needs of the governing structure.
- Yes, the war requires sacrifices, we can't just live like it's peaceful times... - conceded Constantin.
- And who is gaining the most from having this structure?
- Those who are on top of it, - surmised Linda. - The Command.
- QED, - summed up Leliana.

Silence fell for a while. Constantin thought it over, looking visibly stricken.
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_6911

- It doesn't seem right, - he said finally. - Someone will notice.
- Not everyone. Not even majority, - pointed out Rick. - Some will, yes. Mostly those who are used to thinking outside the box.
- Ironically, human military needs such people, - continued Tess. - Brute force alone is not sufficient to fight us.
- Agents, - gasped Constantin.
- Yes, - acknowledged Rick. - But people like that will eventually figure out that something is not quite right with the system. When it happens, the system tries to get rid of them.
- So here we are now, - sighed Tomoko. - Broken in different ways.
- And the agents are... - Constantin hesitated, looking around them all until his gaze fell on Linda. - Do all agents end up here?
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_6912

- Those who survive, - clarified Rick. - We try to save as many as we can, but it is not always possible to rescue everyone.
- Wasn't something like that mentioned on that laptop? - asked Leliana.
- I... Yes. It was only an outline... Where is the laptop now?
- It was damaged, - revealed Rick. - We took it along just in case, but it is inoperable.
- Speaking of the laptop, - Linda twitched. - What happened to Costa back then?
- The sheer shock of the revelation can be sufficient to shut your mind down, - explained Tess.
- I guess that's how our brains are wired, - shrugged Tomoko. - But it affects different people differently. I was knocked out for several hours. But you seem to react more like Leliana.
- It depends on many factors, - elaborated Rick. - It is possible that you have not yet realized it deep in your subconscious.
- Which is why we insist that both of you need some rest, - added Tess. - There will be enough time to continue with your questions.
- I'd like to talk to Costa in private before that, if you don't mind, - requested Linda.
- Very well. We'll wait outside.
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_6913

Two former agents and two syncons left the room, leaving Constantin and Linda alone. Constantin sighed and sat on the bed again.
- Is it all happening for real? - he asked once the door was closed. - Or maybe we both lost our marbles?
- This madness hath the oddest frame of sense, - she replied wistfully.
- This is not very reassuring, you know.
- I'm not sure of anything anymore.
- But do you believe them?
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_6914

- That's irrelevant, - Linda scratched her chin. - Their story is consistent with the evidence we have. And you? What do you think of all that?
- I don't know, - Constantin shook his head slowly. - There must be more to it. It is consistent, but... I don't know.

Next chapter

davidd

Considerable plot development in this episode, but the conversation is kept interesting by the variety of camera angles and the appearance of movement among the characters from frame to frame.

I like that line at the end: That's irrelevant. The story is consistent with the evidence we have. A logical manner in which to proceed. Not that she and Constantin have much choice at the moment. An unasked question hangs over them: what if they choose not to cooperate?

BAMComix

BAMComix
Another great installment, and we got to see more of your fantastic characters. Loving the red head by the way!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, nice installment.

Visisonor

Visisonor
BAMComix wrote:and we got to see more of your fantastic characters
GubernatorFan wrote:I agree, nice installment.
Thanks! Note to self: need to think of bigger roles for them than just exposition.

davidd wrote:I liked "Rick" (or "Ric") for 121C
BTW, Tess and Rick, along with syncon naming convention, were introduced in Diary of a field agent (or will be introduced, if we follow in-story chronology).
davidd wrote:Considerable plot development in this episode
Actually, when I think of it, the plot so far follows Kate's story almost verbatim (intro, some action, computer shenanigans, excommunicado, the first reveal).
In some sense it can signify how common this scenario is, but it also becomes unoriginal.
Maybe I should have started right here: two agents find themselves in syncon hideout, briefly discuss how they were double-crossed, and then their actual story - which I still need to flesh out - begins to unfold...
davidd wrote:A logical manner in which to proceed
Plus internal model of the world needs to be updated if it contradicts objective reality.
davidd wrote:what if they choose not to cooperate?
Ah! I knew I forgot something. Need to address it too, but it was touched briefly in the diary.
Spoiler:

Visisonor

Visisonor
Chapter 8

Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_7021

- Almost forgot, - Linda said, pulling out Constantin's pistols, which were still tucked under her belt.
- Keep them, - he shook his head and gestured with a hand. - As a token of gratitude for saving my life.
- But I didn't...
- You were fighting till the end, that's what counts. Besides, you wield them better than I ever did.

Constantin turned to syncons when the door closed behind Linda:
- I don't feel like sleeping right now.
- We still need to show you your room, - Tess pointed to the corridor.
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_7022

They walked in silence for a while, until Rick broke it:
- You probably have more questions for us.
- I bet you have more questions for me.
- A fair observation, - interjected Tess. - You did not tell what you have found on the laptop.
- It's not a question.
- It is not, - she nodded. - We have noticed you worrying that revealing it to Linda can cause her harm.
Constantin stopped, looking at her pensively.
- That's... How did you put it? A fair observation.
- Such prudence is definitely appreciated, - Rick said approvingly.
- However, we need to know what you are shielding her from, - continued Tess. - To find a way to minimize risks when she does learn it.
- How badly is it damaged? The laptop, - Constantin asked, resuming the walk.
- Most of the storage is recoverable, - admitted Rick.
- But encrypted, - added Tess.

- Linda, can we talk for a minute?
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_7023

It's been a week since Linda and Constantin arrived. They were gradually adjusting to the life at syncon base: Linda spent a lot of time with Tomoko and Leliana, having found in them the friends she lacked for the most of her life; Constantin seemed obsessed with various details of operating the base, its local network and schematics accessible through it - though Linda kept pace with him when it came to data about human forces and war proceedings.
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_7025

Most of this information came from the network which humans tried in vain to secure against hacking attempts from syncons. This perpetual struggle involved finding and patching vulnerabilities, but also heavily relied on physical access and compromised hardware at certain points. Humans strove to counter these attempts of course, resetting and replacing infected routers, so it was imperative for syncons to slice into network junctions from time to time and create more points of access.
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_7024

Most of such hubs were deep within human territory where syncon presence would be detected soon. So only a human agent could reliably finish such task. And it was common to go out in a pair with a syncon who would stay further behind and provide cover. Neither Linda nor Constantin were considered ready for such operation. It was Leliana's turn to carry out a routine mission, together with Rick, while Tomoko and Tess remained in control center. Constantin and Linda stayed beside them to watch and learn.
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_7026

Linda left the control room, surprised by urgency of Constantin's voice.
- This is our chance! - he whispered excitedly.
- What chance?
- To get out of here. Come on.
- What do you mean... - she followed him, feeling confused.
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_7027

- Look, I couldn't discuss it openly. Assumed they were listening and watching constantly. I don't know, maybe they are. Doesn't matter now.
- Wait. You've been planning to leave all this time?
- Of course. You would too, if you knew what I know.
- And what is that?
- There is a computer in the vehicle, I'll show you there.
But Linda halted in the middle of the corridor, forcing him to stop and turn to her.
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_7028

- I'd prefer to get to the point sooner.
- All right, - Constantin hesitated. - It can knock you out, you know.
- Like you, back then in the alley?
- This, actually, is the first important point, - he gestured frantically. - When they said how our brains were wired... Haven't you wondered why?
- I assumed it had something to do with training we go through.
- No. The training is not the reason, it's a consequence. Field agents are genetically altered humans.
- Genetically altered humans? - she repeated, surprised.
- Ian though we might be different enough to not even be humans anymore. I don't know what to think of it. It's not important right now.
- All right, suppose we are altered... - Linda felt her head spin suddenly. - What does it change?
- Our genetic samples originated from here. From syncons. Human scientists probably thought it was a sequence for super soldiers or something, I don't know. They clone us from these samples in hopes of gaining an edge in the war. But it's a trap! A Trojan Horse! Agents inevitably defect to syncons, to fight against humans!

A wave of vertigo hit in full force: Linda was barely able to remain on her feet, but it eased off almost instantly.
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_7029

- But we did not defect to fight against humans, - she objected in a strained voice. - We were betrayed!
- It happened by mistake, - argued Constantin. - And we will fix it when we get back with priceless intelligence.
- Wait... - she finally realized what all that was about. - You want to reveal the location of this base.
- Exactly! And everything else we've learned here.
The sense of dizziness intensified again. Linda almost fell, but Constantin caught her.
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_7030

They stood like that for a few seconds, then Linda regained her balance and freed herself from his arms.
- What about Leliana? Tomoko? Tess? Rick?
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_7031

- The girls are indoctrinated, - Constantin said with a heavy sigh. - Too late for them, they are on the opposing side.
- They are not our enemies! - she shouted desperately. Then added in a more quiet and resigned voice. - They are not my enemies. I can't let you do it, Costa.
Constantin stared at her intently with a strange expression, as if it was the first time he saw her.

- It would have been much too late to set things in motion now, - he said finally. - I did it hours ago.
- Hours ago? What did you do? - Linda tensed. - Something with Leliana's ATV?
- Correct. I've attached a transmitter to it. Once the vehicle stops moving, it'll start broadcasting.
- But we don't even know our coordinates! - her voice got stronger from the sliver of hope. - Positioning satellites have been defunct for ages!
- The transmission will include ATV's track in reverse.
- Oh, - the hope faded out. - And the signal itself will point to the ATV's location.
- Obviously.
- F**k! They have stopped already!
Linda crumbled on her knees, holding her head in hands.
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_7032

- Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair! - she groaned, looking at Constantin with tears in her eyes. - What have you done?!
He started to say something, but his answer was drowned in the sound of alarm.

Next chapter

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Once again, the plot thickens... Nice imagery and posing, I loved especially the shots of them interacting with the more mechanical-looking robots and vehicles.

Visisonor

Visisonor
Thanks.
Unfortunately, the plot has thickened for me in real life. I can't continue writing right now, the next chapter is unlikely to appear in January. Maybe later.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Visisonor wrote:Thanks.
Unfortunately, the plot has thickened for me in real life. I can't continue writing right now, the next chapter is unlikely to appear in January. Maybe later.

Oh, that's a shame, but real life does have a way of throwing the spanner in the works for us comic book story tellers Razz . hopefully things will settle down for you again soon to allow your creativity to push through again!
I guess until then, we shall all be left hanging for the next exciting episode, just like a great tv show or comic book series bounce bounce bounce

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I hope everything goes ok for you, Visisonor.

Visisonor

Visisonor
Chapter 9

The alarm went silent, but its echo still rang in her ears, reverberating painfully with every heartbeat.
It felt like a dream she couldn't wake up from - or maybe everything until now was just a dream.
In a blurry haze in front of her, the man she used to look up to was looking down on her.
Behind, there were footsteps in the corridor, fast approaching.
- There you are! - Tomoko exclaimed, slowing down. - Rick's been blasted along with ATV! Leliana is cut off without communication and no means of escape!
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_7120

Of course she didn't know.
Linda couldn't bring herself to look at her.
- See what you've done? - she asked stiffly, still staring at Constantin.
- I thought I could save you, - he said regretfully.
Then he turned and darted through the door leading to a hangar. The hangar he brought her to, convinced they would escape together.
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_7121

Should she have escaped with him, she wondered inwardly - was it betrayal on her part that she didn't? But what were his actions, if not betrayal?
Tomoko froze in her tracks, confused.
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_7122

- What's going on?
- It was him, - Linda let out weakly. - He rigged the ATV to reveal our location to human forces.
- What? Why?!
- He wants to go back. To humans.

On Tomoko's face, confusion gave way to horror, which was then replaced with determination.
- Tess! - she grabbed her radio and shouted into its microphone. - Seal the base. Now!
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_7123

Then she pulled the pistol out and headed towards the hangar.
She stopped as she was passing Linda by, offering her a hand:
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_7124

- You all right?
- I'm not... - Linda struggled to get to her feet.
- OK, wait here, Tess should arrive soon.
- No. I'm coming with you.

Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_7125

The vehicle sped off from them towards the gate in the opposite wall, but it was evident it would not make it through because the gate was closing rapidly. The brakes whined in protest, and the ATV skidded to a halt, turning slightly and bumping into the shutter.
Constantin rolled to the passenger seat, then jumped off to cover behind the vehicle.
Tomoko started shooting.

Several shots followed in return, forcing them to take cover too.
- You are fighting for the wrong side! - Constantin called out during that pause. - Syncons killed billions!
- Humans did it themselves! - retorted Tomoko. - The war was started by humans!
She fired a few more shots. Linda shot one of her guns too, aiming at the ATV rather than Constantin.
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_7126

- It's not about how it started! - he shouted while Tomoko reloaded. - Your robot friends never told you what happened when they joined the fray!
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_7127

- How the hell do you know? - asked Tomoko, resuming the shooting.
- One side lost the fight, - continued Constantin. - It could all end right then! But they released syncons. The dead hand weapon!
- Why should we believe you? - Tomoko discarded another spent magazine.
- I have evidence! Linda, I've told you I wanted to show...
A new barrage of bullets forced him back behind the vehicle again.
- Keep him busy, - urged Tomoko, glancing at Linda. - I'll try to flank him.
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_7128

Linda started shooting rapidly, reloading as fast as she could - a suppressive fire that soon depleted her small supply of ammo.
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_7129

She holstered her pistol and pulled the other one, still loaded.
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_7130

By the time Tomoko reached the vehicle, it was empty too.
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_7131

The rumble of gunfire died down, but the silence didn't last long. There were two gunshots once Tomoko disappeared behind the rear part of the ATV.
Then Constantin emerged from behind its front, with a revolver in one hand and another hand pressed to his side.
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_7132

- What is it, Lin? You have a clear shot, - he staggered towards the wall and leaned on it to support himself.
- Out of ammo, - she replied in a hollow voice, walking to him from her cover.
- Huh. Doesn't matter now, It's over for me.
- And Tomoko?
- She was faster than me... - he glanced at his wound. - But not as precise.
- Then finish it! I am the only one left! - Linda cried hysterically. - What are you waiting for?!
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_7133

- Never intended to hurt you. I just can't, - he threw his gun aside.
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_7134

As if this act cost him the last of his strength, he slid down along the wall.
- Neither can I, - she dropped her pistol too and knelt on the floor beside him.
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_7135

- But we both did. I thought you'd believe me.
- Is it true? About the side that lost and dead head weapon.
- Yes, - Constantin wheezed painfully. - Rick confirmed it all.
- What?!
- Gotta give them... credit for sincerity, - his voice was weaker now, barely audible. - Never deny... facts. Just interpret... differently...
He then pulled something from a pocket - a small smartphone - and held it out. Linda took it from his hand.
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_7210

- I'm sorry, Linda... I...
These were Constantin's last words.
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_7211

Linda unlocked the phone. There was no passcode, and an audio file was open. She started playback, and Rick's voice - muffled but recognizable - outlined in a few minutes a brief history of the last war. The rise of Confederation Of Non-States, siphoning from the rest of the world those who were fed up with ubiquitous governmental overreach; its struggle against combined forces of all other countries; the failure of deterrence based on mutually assured destruction; and their last act of removing all constraints from artificial general intelligence program - which then evolved into what is now known as synthetic consciousness and quickly took over the militaries of remaining countries, plunging them into almost total destruction.

The recording ended. It all made sense now. And it was too much.
Behind her a door slid open, and Tess called out her name.
Linda barely noticed her, focusing on Constantin's revolver on the floor.
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_7212

- I believe you now, - she whispered, picking it up and placing the barrel to her temple.
- No! - cried Tess, running through the hangar.
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_7213

Linda closed her eyes and pulled the trigger.
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_7214

There was a click. But only a click, not a gunshot. She tried again, with the same result. The gun was empty.
Tess reached her finally and grabbed the revolver, turning it away from her head.
- O churl, drunk all, and left no friendly drop, - murmured Linda, letting go of the gun.
Then she fell backwards into Tess' arms.
Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_7215

The end.

Visisonor

Visisonor
Epilogue/Stinger

Incompatible perceptions (updated 2024-02-24: Chapter 9 - The End) - Page 3 Cnr_7216

- Poor girl. And she actually pulled the trigger.
- Yes.
Kate paced the room back and forth, struggling to hold back tears.

- If she's had enough... And was committed to end it all like that... Did you really need to stop her?
- We would not have been able to stop her. But she did not try it since that day.
- I see. And she is not really herself anymore.
- That is correct. Trapped inside her own mind, one might say. We do not command sufficient understanding of human consciousness to find out more.
- Neither do I.
- And yet you have more in common with her than any other intelligent being. If anyone can bring Linda back, it is you.
- If I had any idea how to approach this... Did she tell you anything else about herself? While she still could, that is.
- She did not. This was everything I knew. Some parts of the story had to be inferred, and I took some liberties to fill in the blanks here and there.
- Oh. So you pretty much wrote all this, put it into a story form?
- Yes. You are not the only one here with creative inclinations. Check out Rick's symphonies: they are quite good.
- Maybe another time... Wait, what do you mean?
- Your diary.
- Damn it, Tess! Do you understand the concept of privacy?

BAMComix

BAMComix
Shocked Shocked Epic, storytelling!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Incompatible perceptions indeed! Beautifully done and photographed. Now that you have perfected tragedy, I expect you to follow it up with comedy.

davidd

davidd
Marvelously photographed so the smaller scale of the figures is not evident, and the settings look substantial and industrial, with no indication of their printed cardboard origins.

Visisonor

Visisonor
GubernatorFan wrote:I hope everything goes ok for you, Visisonor.
BAMComix wrote:hopefully things will settle down for you
Not exactly, some things are irreversible and inevitable, and time can't mend everything. But I have to move on, and writing helps somewhat. I am grateful for your support in any case.

BAMComix wrote:Epic storytelling!
Yay, that was what I was aiming for. Thanks.

davidd wrote:Marvelously photographed so the smaller scale of the figures is not evident
Thanks.
There is some room for improvement regarding props but it requires more postprocessing...

GubernatorFan wrote:Now that you have perfected tragedy
I appreciate that you think so, though "perfected" might be an exaggeration...

GubernatorFan wrote:I expect you to follow it up with comedy.
Something to consider. But it would require another setting Smile

Maybe I'll try something less tragic while I settle on the details of the sequel, or perhaps the sequel will precede that.
Either way, I need a break again. So back to sketches and random things for a few months, now also in 1/6 scale.
Stay tuned, I guess Smile

Visisonor

Visisonor
Supplementary materials

Here I am again with a soundtrack. Picking the songs for it was more difficult than for Diary of a field agent: I had three tracks for the ending of the story - which actually inspired the ending in the first place, and later this number increased to four. But almost nothing for the rest.
This is what I finally settled on:

1. Intro: Edenbridge - Into The Light:
  2. Investigation theme: Nemesea - Caught in the Middle:
  3. Tess' theme: Xandria - Come With Me:
  4. Final shootout: Sirenia - Deadlight:
  5. Ending: Mary Elizabeth McGlynn - As Evil As Dead:

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Music tends to resonate differently for everyone, but I think you have a very nice collection here, suitable for a story, and with a certain consistency between the pieces (except maybe # 2).

BAMComix

BAMComix
Nice choices!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum