OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: New Wave Toys 1/6 replica Coca-Cola “Coke” Vending Machine

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
COCA-COLA CLASSIC REPLICA VENDING MACHINE MINI FRIDGE

New Wave™ is proud to present our 1/6 scale replica Coca-Cola® Classic Vending Machine Mini Fridge! Re-experience authentic 1980s soda vending in your home, office or game room. Insert 2x Mini Coins (or press the Coin Credit Button twice), then press the lighted beverage selection button to dispense a chilled Coca-Cola Classic Mini Can prop! Open the illuminated front door to reveal a thermoelectric-powered mini fridge big enough to fit 2x 12-ounce cans or 1x bottle. Also great for chilling snacks, lunch, or cosmetics.

FEATURES:

• Replica Coca-Cola® Classic vending machine in 1/6 scale (12.2in)
• 2x 12-ounce Can Capacity Thermoelectric Mini Fridge with shelf
• Authentic reproduction, constructed with only quality materials
• Magnetically sealed, Illuminated door with integrated prop Mini Can storage and Hopper
• Functional mini coin mechanism, credit and drink selection push buttons
• Replica dollar accepter (non-functional)
• Era correct art and advertising slogan “You Can’t Beat The Feeling!”
• 3-Way Power Switch
• 110v AC power (UL Certified)
• Official Coca-Cola Licensed Product
• 100-Day New Wave Factory Warranty

INCLUDED WITH PURCHASE:

• One (1) Coca-Cola Classic® Replica Vending Machine Mini Fridge
• One (1) Set of Mini Metal Coins & Dollar Bill props
• Six (6) Coca-Cola Classic Mini Aluminum Can props
• One (1) Vending Machine Operator’s Manual
• One (1) Storage Shelf
• One (1) AC Wall Adapter (UL Certified)

$159.99

NEW PRODUCT: New Wave Toys 1/6 replica Coca-Cola “Coke” Vending Machine Img_1211
NEW PRODUCT: New Wave Toys 1/6 replica Coca-Cola “Coke” Vending Machine Img_1210
NEW PRODUCT: New Wave Toys 1/6 replica Coca-Cola “Coke” Vending Machine Img_1212
NEW PRODUCT: New Wave Toys 1/6 replica Coca-Cola “Coke” Vending Machine Img_1214
NEW PRODUCT: New Wave Toys 1/6 replica Coca-Cola “Coke” Vending Machine Img_1213NEW PRODUCT: New Wave Toys 1/6 replica Coca-Cola “Coke” Vending Machine Img_1215
NEW PRODUCT: New Wave Toys 1/6 replica Coca-Cola “Coke” Vending Machine Img_1216

Diana

Diana
That is funny. And kinda cool. Very Happy

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Yes, very cool replica and It's literally cool!
I wonder why they don't include 1/6 figures in their promo pics.
If they do a PEPSI one, that would be a nice prop for Terminator2 T-800 Arnold.

davidd

davidd
Is this an actual licensed product? In other words... it's the real thing?

Wink

valentin

valentin
Yes, it's the real thing and the vending function works, and it's a real mini fridge for real drinks too.

davidd

davidd
Historical reference explaining my comment:

NEW PRODUCT: New Wave Toys 1/6 replica Coca-Cola “Coke” Vending Machine Coca-Cola_Its_The_Real_Thing

https://fontsinuse.com/uses/3220/it-s-the-real-thing-coca-cola-ads-1969-74

Razz

Ovy

Ovy
Never heard of that company. 'Coke'? 'Coca'-Cola? Like Cocaine? A soft drink based on Cocaine or what? That's wild.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:Never heard of that company. 'Coke'? 'Coca'-Cola? Like Cocaine? A soft drink based on Cocaine or what? That's wild.

Actually, you are correct. When it first came out there was a certain level of cocaine in it — making it an addictive drink, so to speak.

The machine itself is pretty awesome.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: New Wave Toys 1/6 replica Coca-Cola “Coke” Vending Machine 1f10

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
Ovy wrote:Never heard of that company. 'Coke'? 'Coca'-Cola? Like Cocaine? A soft drink based on Cocaine or what? That's wild.

You have never heard of Coke? This is pretty inherit ingenious contraption haha....a working coke vending machine even with scale quarters.

https://www.hellblazerbiz.com

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Stryker2012 wrote:

Actually, you are correct. When it first came out there was a certain level of cocaine in it — making it an addictive drink, so to speak.

Hard to say whether strictly speaking the above is correct or not -- there were trace amounts of ecgonine (which is related to cocaine) in the very first composition but nothing remotely close to making anything addictive.  Apparently then they retained 1/400 of a grain of cocaine per ounce of syrup for the most amusing reason of protecting the word "Coca" in the Coca-Cola trademark.

I agree the machine is pretty awesome from a display point of view but not so much for cooling anything.  Room temperature is 68–72 °F, and typical fridge temperature is 35°F, so this device advertising  20° lower than room temperature is sharply going to disappoint anybody who might actually want to use it for a cold drink.  To be fair I think the cooling really is just a novelty talking point and not a serious purpose of the thing.  Like all these New Wave Toys, the excitement of it is in the faithful replica as well as the scale accuracy.  There has been a whole genre of diecast Coke machines from various periods by the Coca Cola Diner Collection and others, but mostly in 1-12 and nothing in 1/6 until now.  There was actually one USB mini fridge shaped like a coke machine that was close to 1/6 but very rudimentary (all detail just in 2D printed onto a tin etc) and the cooling was so useless I used it exactly once.  This one is way more appealing by far.

ukshaun

ukshaun
Very cool!
I might have to pick up a Coke machine to add to my slow growing Amusement Arcade,
which currently contains a total of 4 New Wave Toys Replicade 1/6th scale arcade machines,
which include Street Figther II, Dragon's Lair, Food Fight, 1942

I am contemplating picking up the New Wave Toys Zoltar machine, a change machine.
Ghosts N'Goblins is on the wants list Smile

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

teamweapon

ukshaun wrote:Very cool!
I might have to pick up a Coke machine to add to my slow growing Amusement Arcade,
which currently contains a total of 4 New Wave Toys Replicade 1/6th scale arcade machines,

I am contemplating picking up the New Wave Toys Zoltar machine, a change machine.

i love that zoltar! only one i considered picking up, but in the end my pocket declined that transaction haha.
geez louise GnG is such a hard game!!!! i have it on a raspberry PI i set up with mame, drives me crackers! then again it always did when i used to go to the arcades, i liked watching other people play but it was too frustratrating for me. my game was pacland, i was quite good at that, i think i topped out around level 27 if memory serves? when i went back to play that on mame i can get to about 10 now hahaha, being old SUCKS!!! hahaha

ukshaun

ukshaun
teamweapon wrote:
ukshaun wrote:Very cool!

i love that zoltar! only one i considered picking up, but in the end my pocket declined that transaction haha.
geez louise GnG is such a hard game!!!! i have it on a raspberry PI i set up with mame, drives me crackers! then again it always did when i used to go to the arcades, i liked watching other people play but it was too frustratrating for me. my game was pacland, i was quite good at that, i think i topped out around level 27 if memory serves? when i went back to play that on mame i can get to about 10 now hahaha, being old SUCKS!!! hahaha

Agreed, G N'G is super difficult!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

shazzdan

shazzdan
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
Stryker2012 wrote:

Hard to say whether strictly speaking the above is correct or not -- there were trace amounts of ecgonine (which is related to cocaine) in the very first composition but nothing remotely close to making anything addictive.  Apparently then they retained 1/400 of a grain of cocaine per ounce of syrup for the most amusing reason of protecting the word "Coca" in the Coca-Cola trademark.

When Pemberton first released it, it contained "medicinal" levels of cocaine and was intended to compete with Vin Mariani, which was made by mixing coca and wine. After the alcohol prohibition in Georgia in the 1880s the two drinks ironically became illegal because of the wine, not the cocaine. Pemberton replaced the wine with sugar water and changed the name to Coca-Cola. Later the cocaine was retained but the active ingredient (ecgonine alkaloid) was removed, leaving trace amounts. Apparently if Coca Cola sold the cocaine it produces today on the open market, it would be worth hundreds of millions of dollars each year. The following article says $3 billion but that is Aussie dollars and Aussie street prices (cocaine sells for more in Australia than anywhere else in the world).

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/drink/cocacola-produces-3bn-of-pure-cocaine-per-year/news-story/2f3592d1bac48ddd3b9d305f903977c3

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
shazzdan wrote:
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote: Hard to say whether strictly speaking the above is correct or not -- there were trace amounts of ecgonine (which is related to cocaine) in the very first composition but nothing remotely close to making anything addictive.  Apparently then they retained 1/400 of a grain of cocaine per ounce of syrup for the most amusing reason of protecting the word "Coca" in the Coca-Cola trademark.

When Pemberton first released it, it contained "medicinal" levels of cocaine and was intended to compete with Vin Mariani, which was made by mixing coca and wine. After the alcohol prohibition in Georgia in the 1880s the two drinks ironically became illegal because of the wine, not the cocaine. Pemberton replaced the wine with sugar water and changed the name to Coca-Cola. Later the cocaine was retained but the active ingredient (ecgonine alkaloid) was removed, leaving trace amounts. Apparently if Coca Cola sold the cocaine it produces today on the open market, it would be worth hundreds of millions of dollars each year. The following article says $3 billion but that is Aussie dollars and Aussie street prices (cocaine sells for more in Australia than anywhere else in the world).

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/drink/cocacola-produces-3bn-of-pure-cocaine-per-year/news-story/2f3592d1bac48ddd3b9d305f903977c3

Yeah, I'm gonna go with Snopes' fact checking over something from "www.news.co.au." The "cocaine in the original coke formula" must have some kernel of truth to it but it remains largely unproven apart from folklore, inference in the name, and complicated by poor records originally and then deliberate secrecy afterwards.  Snopes has it like this:

What we now know as the Coca-Cola soft drink was named back in 1885 for its two "medicinal" ingredients: extract of coca leaves and kola nuts. One of the substances commonly produced from the extract of coca leaves is the drug cocaine, a fact which has given rise to the legend that the ubiquitous soft drink Coca-Cola once did (or even still does) include cocaine.  The short answer to questions about "cocaine in Coke" is that Coca-Cola did contain some cocaine (or more specifically, it contained ecgonine, a precursor to cocaine) in its original formulation, but in an amount that's difficult to estimate now given the secrecy that shrouded its formula and manufacturing processes back in the 19th century. Suffice it to say that whatever amount of cocaine was present in Coke was relatively small and not necessarily in a form that would give anyone much of a buzz, the amount was greatly reduced to mere traces around the turn of the century, and it was almost entirely eliminated by 1930. .... How much cocaine was in that "mere trace" is impossible to say, but we do know that by 1902 it was as little as 1/400 of a grain of cocaine per ounce of syrup. Coca-Cola didn't become completely cocaine-free until ecgonine alkaloid extraction was perfected in 1929, but there was scarcely any of the drug left in the drink by then.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/cocaine-coca-cola/

shazzdan

shazzdan
https://vertavahealth.com/blog/cocaine-in-coca-cola/

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I love it in every way, except the functionality (which is quite limited and therefore arguably fairly worthless) and price (which is probably intended to be justified by said questionable functionality). This would have been very cool even without being a mini-fridge, and cooler still if it were more affordable. I got the Replicade change machine for a third of the price and it is perfectly useful as a USB hub (in fact, it has a super-fast charger that I use for my phone all the time).

As for the actual Coca Cola drink product, I'd only note that I used to love it as a kid, when they made it with real sugar. The corn syrup version just ain't the real thing! Smile

Edit: having watched the video, I'm more impressed by the functionality -- the toy functionality, I mean, being able to insert the tiny quarters and get a tiny coke can. On the other hand, the illumination of the front panel leaves something to be desired, given the obvious "hot spots."

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:I love it in every way, except the functionality (which is quite limited and therefore arguably fairly worthless)"

To be fair, maybe it's meant to work 1/6th as well as real fridge Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:To be fair, maybe it's meant to work 1/6th as well as real fridge Smile

Maybe! Excellent thinking.

cdn_rhino

That's really cool. I could see that finding it's way into a bunch of dioramas.

Cobratrooper11

Cobratrooper11
this is pretty cool, but i have no need for a single can fridge...would have rather the inside be an actual replica of the inside of a real vending machine.

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
This just went on sale…

As much of a gimmick it is, I had to buy it! Lol!

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
I’m impressed with both how fast it was shipped across the country (3 days via usps ground) and how well it came packed. It was literally a box in a box in a box! Lol!

Very sturdy unit, good weight and quality made. My first New Wave Toys purchase. A lot of other reviews I saw gave flack to the hotspots/coldspots in the lighting on the front of the unit, but as far as I can remember those full size machines suffered the same problem, especially if there were any fluorescent tubes out.

The mini fridge aspect is very much a novelty, but it did indeed make the 2 Coca-Cola cans I put in there much cooler after a few hours. Not quite up to my personal “cold” preference on a can of Coke, but still far surpasses room temperature and definitely makes them a cool-ish cold! Also, you’ll get a cooler beverage if you place it against the corner of the interior allowing two sides of the can to conduct the cooler temps.

Here is it next to an M33 Phicen.
NEW PRODUCT: New Wave Toys 1/6 replica Coca-Cola “Coke” Vending Machine Img_1713
NEW PRODUCT: New Wave Toys 1/6 replica Coca-Cola “Coke” Vending Machine Img_1714

I do wish the door magnet(s) would hold a little stronger as the front door opens much easier than I expected it to. Another small nit-pick of mine is that the little Coca-Cola plaques next to the buttons are somewhat off-centered and slightly off-rotated between them and they didn’t appear as straightly aligned as the early models that I saw being reviewed. It appears they’re attached via thin double sided foam tape or something. I may be able to carefully pull them off and re-align them. I tried nudging each of them as well as I could, and they look much better, but still not perfect.

Overall, I give this a solid 8.5 of 10.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks good, Steven, and already put to good use.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Impressive “machine”. Very cool, and it looks properly scale for the most part.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: New Wave Toys 1/6 replica Coca-Cola “Coke” Vending Machine 1f10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum