OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Very clean work, Alex.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Stryker2012

Founding Father
Looks pretty cool. Iron Vidian!

shovelchop81

GubernatorFan wrote:Very clean work, Alex.

Stryker2012 wrote:Looks pretty cool. Iron Vidian!

Yeah, unusually tidy as my normal stuff often is heavily weathered lol! Irion Vidian... I like it! lol.

Lots of fiddly drilling trying not to damage paint so couldn't use a vise and my mini electric drill is rubbish so had to to use a pin vice drill and scale up from there with a hand crank drill and round files. I still have stuff to decide on like where the chains attach, where to put some jewellery bling and how best to use the 'neck piece', might go on his head instead. Using the pics below for inspiration mostly.

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 MyklFsB

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 FlSaZU9

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 GFxYWDS

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 Yg1Ti51

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 TCZIqcU

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 AKjVvPt

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 RQncwpb

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 RzZ7NLY

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 7tOX4id

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 PJF2Dkp

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 RwiycOi

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 Uo4nmlc

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 WGXaG6U

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 4rmq67N

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 Js6BZta

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 FgDTpCY

Stryker2012

Founding Father
Turning out neat — very unique. Love how you’ve done your own take on this character.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
More bling? He looks pretty much complete. I guess he views the world with half-rose-colored lenses... Smile

BAMComix

BAMComix
He looks fantastic!

Valiarde

Valiarde
Another fantastic bash! What a journey again. Creating things is such fun

cdn_rhino

Another amazing build.

I remember your builds from the OSW days, so it's cool to see you are still performing all the magic Dr.Frankenstein work.

So cool seeing all the beginning work to this near completed figure.

Lots of cool bits in there, like the Lego chains, and the Mega Bloks Neo Shifter bits. I bought some of those old Neo Shifters on a smokin deal a while back, and planned to make a custom droid, or three, with them. Most of them are still sitting in the boxes haha.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2012 wrote:Turning out neat — very unique. Love how you’ve done your own take on this character.

GubernatorFan wrote:More bling? He looks pretty much complete. I guess he views the world with half-rose-colored lenses... Smile

BAMComix wrote:He looks fantastic!

Valiarde wrote:Another fantastic bash! What a journey again. Creating things is such fun

Thanks guys! Nearly there! I'll finished pics soon with some weird stuff, think: Borg Queen lol.

cdn_rhino wrote:Another amazing build.

I remember your builds from the OSW days, so it's cool to see you are still performing all the magic Dr.Frankenstein work.

So cool seeing all the beginning work to this near completed figure.

Lots of cool bits in there, like the Lego chains, and the Mega Bloks Neo Shifter bits. I bought some of those old Neo Shifters on a smokin deal a while back, and planned to make a custom droid, or three, with them. Most of them are still sitting in the boxes haha.

Wow it's been a while man! Yeah still knocking out ridiculous builds lol, well until I have temporary burnouts but other build hobbies cover me for that Wink. Would be great to see you post some droid builds on here!

Added a bunch of bling via stones/gems and more parts. Since he's a count he's going to have a bit of bling and the reference pics says so lol. Another way to look at it is that he's a perfectionist and therefore admires anything perfect which these gems could be examples of from around the SW galaxy where he has mining operations. His second 'end effector' is now made, a sort of plasma cutter, welder and vibropic all in one for sampling materials to be examined later or immediately in his built in scanning unit.

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 YPfU0pL

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 FyPR5Ac

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 MM686Ul

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 3CsVLdV

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 YgL1eUw

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 JHFcoKu

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 Hl6HykI

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 76HYRZi

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 Nzu3Tvi

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 SxBhJ75

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 Y3joHt7

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 V86JP0N

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 ZgFatwn

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 L4WjJtY

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 Zn5IFQC

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 9aSTAs8

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 SuVvGWN

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 Z9sG3FS

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 Zk0cyB1

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 MgJXDE7

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 A4bnT9l

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 WL5ER6E

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 3aTJ5op

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 4OjwdOF

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 Dqvrer4

unfinished accessories..

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 Qi6G9Uv

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Nice additions. This guy is going to be very formidable.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I guess being a count entitles you to a degree of opulence, or at least others expect it. Which makes these additions quite appropriate.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2012 wrote:Nice additions. This guy is going to be very formidable.

GubernatorFan wrote:I guess being a count entitles you to a degree of opulence, or at least others expect it. Which makes these additions quite appropriate.

Cheers! Helps break things up visually too.

BAMComix

BAMComix
He is really taking shape now!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
BAMComix wrote:He is really taking shape now!

Thanks BAMx!

I decided to give him more depth by adding metallic red (looks more brown in pics not sure why) and silver accents. The red was a pain to do because it was using one of those liquid paint pens that like to puddle everywhere or not do anything at all, a bit like welding lol! Ended up just doing the usual of putting a puddle on a plate then using the tip like a brush; correcting it though was a pain too as the gold I'm using is really weak so took a lot of layers to hide any excess red. Added connection ports to his brain, modded the blaster pistol to make it suit him better (think of dictators and their decorative firearms like Saddam Hussein, Gaddafi etc..), made mechanised 'brain'  which will be explained in the finished thread pictures...

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 Pq025lW

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 MmGiG4i

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 5A0rq4S

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 DFJo2pe

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 B5TP7U6

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 GW0hhu7

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 MekIHly

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 SROA0SY

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 FdhnNMJ

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 DnmaLc8

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 5eBG4IN

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 XeWmbzB

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 AgNdLge

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 SVpv4sJ

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 55OeXGo

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 D0Legr6

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 YNwqGoH

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 E941OV6

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 TH2CB6L

AAArgh!! These HD cameras really amplify any imperfections the naked eye misses, screw it, he's finished! Embarassed Twisted Evil

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Looks rather cool. Not sure what the obvious flaw is that you see, but I’m not seeing it, maybe I need to get a new prescription for my glasses.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 3 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
LOL The curse of the megaphoto! I also liked it and didn't see any big obvious flaw, in a couple of places a slightly fuzzy line, but if it bothers you, you can fix it easily. Or, remembering that Lucas' was a lived-in universe (at least at first), it can be just battle damage or wear and tear.

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
It’s so intriguing watching the various unexpected parts and items come together, you have a great eye for repurposing these things! Fingers crossed that they cooperate and waiting to hear about that brain…..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum