OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Studio apartment build project

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

51Studio apartment build project - Page 3 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:13 pm

Tanzenwolfe

Good luck with the baseboards (we call them skirting boards?)... the corners are the worst if you are trying to mitre neat angles. Looking good as the room emerges!

52Studio apartment build project - Page 3 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:39 am

Diana

Admittedly the start was a little too slow for my enjoyment, but I am now getting very excited for every update! I appreciate your level of craftsmanship. I love you

53Studio apartment build project - Page 3 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:57 am

r3500vdp

It's slow going at the moment. Good progress on the baseboards but need to take frequent breaks for sanding, paint drying wood filler and venting frustration, etc. On the room divider, I gave up on laser cutting, turned out to be a bit of a disaster as the fit isn't great and ended up applying more filler than Kim Kardashian. Now trying a new approach and have installed Blender and making a 3D model which my niece's husband will 3D print for me. Learning Blender is fun but not the easiest software in the world.

Studio apartment build project - Page 3 LT4tGlt

54Studio apartment build project - Page 3 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:11 pm

skywalkersaga

Very nice work, it's looking quite convincing!

55Studio apartment build project - Page 3 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:19 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane

What a beautiful project that looks really good so far when it's being created. I am very impressed with the small door.

56Studio apartment build project - Page 3 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:36 am

Diana

Diana
Ooph! I gave Blender about 15 minutes of my attention until I found something else to do. Laughing

I am waiting for an affordable AR solution before I start 3D modeling/sculpting. What a Face

Looking forward to seeing it printed and built in!

57Studio apartment build project - Page 3 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:27 am

r3500vdp

Thanks!! Yes I am finding Blender not the easiest to learn. I've signed up for a course on Udemy to get a bit more involved in it. Waiting for the room divider to be printed, hopefully before Christmas still. Meanwhile, after much trial and error, the baseboards are finished. It does make a difference to the room.

Studio apartment build project - Page 3 VOESGlI

Studio apartment build project - Page 3 TknFZfb

Studio apartment build project - Page 3 REu89p9

Next step is the room divider. Also finally ready for the first piece of furniture which is being made for me by two wonderful ladies in Hamilton, Ontario.

58Studio apartment build project - Page 3 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:45 am

davidd

davidd
Superb craftsmanship and attention to detail!

59Studio apartment build project - Page 3 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:08 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Looking good.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Studio apartment build project - Page 3 1f10

60Studio apartment build project - Page 3 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:47 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, looks excellent.

61Studio apartment build project - Page 3 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:21 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Top work!

62Studio apartment build project - Page 3 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:53 pm

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
Great patience, looks so real!

63Studio apartment build project - Page 3 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:13 pm

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
This looks amazing. Great work!

64Studio apartment build project - Page 3 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:55 pm

Diana

Diana
Ugh, so beautiful! Laughing Those base boards really do make a huge difference. (Makes me look at them differently in 1:1. What a Face

65Studio apartment build project - Page 3 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:51 pm

r3500vdp

First of all wishing everyone on the forum a wonderful Christmas and best wishes for the new year! Thank you to everyone for all the kind feedback received, it's been fun to work on the project.

The first piece of furniture has arrived! The bed was made by two wonderful ladies in Hamilton, Ontario. In in the future the bed will get a big duvet but for now the sheets will do. Also busy still with the room divider. I got the 3D printed results back from my niece's husband (as a Christmas present!). So the next step will be sanding gluing and apply filler, more sanding, and eventually painting. To avoid this becoming very monochrome, I am thinking to go for either black or a dark espresso color.

Studio apartment build project - Page 3 6d9QXFL

Studio apartment build project - Page 3 HmRORoT

66Studio apartment build project - Page 3 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:19 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks like you're already functional. And just in time for Christmas!

67Studio apartment build project - Page 3 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:28 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Pretty cool.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

68Studio apartment build project - Page 3 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:00 pm

Diana

Diana
Ooh! Nice! The bed looks great, and I'm looking forward to seeing the divider built into its designated place. Smile

69Studio apartment build project - Page 3 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:04 pm

r3500vdp

Thank you, thank you! Spent the day sanding the divider and got the 2 parts plus one of my fingers all gorilla glued together. More sending, and filler tomorrow.

70Studio apartment build project - Page 3 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:52 am

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
Happy progress, looking forward to seeing the next stage!

71Studio apartment build project - Page 3 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:27 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Looking good. I have only ever built one 1/6th scale location, and it took me ages.
If you decide to 3D print a 1/6th light switch, i could use one of those, as i ended up making one out of wood, which worked, but i knew a 3D print light switch would look better.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

72Studio apartment build project - Page 3 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:45 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
The room looks great and that bed is just the cherry on top, really great work on it.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Studio apartment build project - Page 3 1f60e

73Studio apartment build project - Page 3 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:41 pm

r3500vdp

First of all wishing everyone an excellent new year! I am finally able to post some progress. It's been slow over the holidays with friends visiting. Also this room divider is giving me so much headaches. As mentioned I first tried laser cut wood which was not good. So I 3D printed, which is fine in terms of accuracy but I found that surfaces are very rough so a lot of sanding, still not as good as I want but it'll have to do. Put on the primer (more sanding) and first coat of black paint today. Tomorrow (more sanding!) and another coat to cover all sides properly. A little bending on the right but that will go away after installation, which with a bit of luck, is done by the weekend. After that I'm going to take a walk on easy street and purchase the couch (no sanding!). Also if anyone knows someone that does curtains, let me know. That is turning out to be a big problem. Have searched Etsy but not found anything suitable yet. Looking for white sheer.

If you decide to 3D print a 1/6th light switch, i could use one of those, as i ended up making one out of wood, which worked, but i knew a 3D print light switch would look better.

I will let you know, I'm starting to think about light switches and outlets. Likely first add a bit more furniture, and rugs.

Studio apartment build project - Page 3 JJzoXEt

Studio apartment build project - Page 3 VuvPdBk

74Studio apartment build project - Page 3 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:09 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice progress!

75Studio apartment build project - Page 3 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:04 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Now that looks very good already!

76Studio apartment build project - Page 3 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:16 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Thanks for the update!

77Studio apartment build project - Page 3 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:48 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Pretty neat.

78Studio apartment build project - Page 3 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:17 am

Diana

Diana
Looking so good!! Will there be paper backing? or a vine crawling up that frame? Neither would fix that curve so you probably have another idea... bounce

79Studio apartment build project - Page 3 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:38 am

r3500vdp

And done (finally). Happy how it turned out eventually. Lesson learned is that 3D printed sheets sure take some sanding to make them smooth, patience to sand and paint many times is helpful. Next step will be adding a couch. Could sure use some feedback from you all, in terms of the color. I can stay with the white / crème / grey / black theme or introduce a splash of color and for example go for a Bordeaux red or something.

In terms of photography I find that for this it is very handy to have an older semi DSLR. I tried using my Nikon D5300 but very difficult to get everything sharp. Using my trusty old Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50, the depth of field is much better for the macro shots.

Studio apartment build project - Page 3 OM870oZ

Studio apartment build project - Page 3 N0MtxDW

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum