OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Studio apartment build project

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

76Studio apartment build project - Page 4 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:16 am

BAMComix

Thanks for the update!

77Studio apartment build project - Page 4 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:48 pm

Stryker2012

Founding Father
Pretty neat.

78Studio apartment build project - Page 4 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:17 am

Diana

Looking so good!! Will there be paper backing? or a vine crawling up that frame? Neither would fix that curve so you probably have another idea... bounce

79Studio apartment build project - Page 4 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:38 am

r3500vdp

And done (finally). Happy how it turned out eventually. Lesson learned is that 3D printed sheets sure take some sanding to make them smooth, patience to sand and paint many times is helpful. Next step will be adding a couch. Could sure use some feedback from you all, in terms of the color. I can stay with the white / crème / grey / black theme or introduce a splash of color and for example go for a Bordeaux red or something.

In terms of photography I find that for this it is very handy to have an older semi DSLR. I tried using my Nikon D5300 but very difficult to get everything sharp. Using my trusty old Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50, the depth of field is much better for the macro shots.

Studio apartment build project - Page 4 OM870oZ

Studio apartment build project - Page 4 N0MtxDW

80Studio apartment build project - Page 4 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:02 am

davidd

davidd
The upholstered headboard looks very nice!

81Studio apartment build project - Page 4 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:07 am

r3500vdp

The upholstered headboard looks very nice!
Thank you David!

82Studio apartment build project - Page 4 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:21 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It turned out beautifully. What did you use for the molding (not sure this is the right term, I'm blanking out) where the wall meets the floor. I saw when you installed it a while back, but I don't think you discussed it.
There is a variety of couches in sixth scale that has been posted in various threads, including my own, although it would be difficult to hunt them all down. There are two or three that are gray or white or cream and might work very well here. For the most Spartan-looking of them, I include a couple of eBay links below. I think a much bolder color would require balancing with some sizable elements, and this point pictures and their frames (if you add any) are not likely to be enough to do that.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/354952160463
https://www.ebay.com/itm/355308411785

The bedroom could use a little cabinet or nightstand or dresser, and the sofa could go with a little side table.

83Studio apartment build project - Page 4 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:57 pm

r3500vdp

Thank you! The moulding / baseboards, I bought of Etsy and is made out of balsa wood. It comes unpainted. Because the wood is so soft, it is easy to work with. Glad you mentioned the white / grey, was also thinking along those lines, to stay with the current colors.

84Studio apartment build project - Page 4 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:20 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
r3500vdp wrote:Thank you! The moulding / baseboards, I bought of Etsy and is made out of balsa wood. It comes unpainted. Because the wood is so soft, it is easy to work with. Glad you mentioned the white / grey, was also thinking along those lines, to stay with the current colors.
I shall have to look for some, it gives that element a finished look.
If you want a Spartan-looking couch, that one works reasonably well, and is fairly inexpensive (look around for options).

85Studio apartment build project - Page 4 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:51 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Really nice work, r3500vdp! This looks very nice already!

86Studio apartment build project - Page 4 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:47 am

Diana

Diana
Oh that looks so good!! I'm either seeing a black leather couch in there or... Something like the IKEA EKENÄSET 3-seater! Smile

Here is one of the couch tutorials btw:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1826-1-6th-couch-sofa-tutorial#23892

It is listed in the TUTORIALS section's table of contents, where I'll add this thread, too,. right now. Smile

87Studio apartment build project - Page 4 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:43 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That's one nice looking bed, great job.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Studio apartment build project - Page 4 1f60e

88Studio apartment build project - Page 4 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:15 pm

r3500vdp

Thanks, going to take a look!

Thank you!

It's going to be a bit slow for now. Unfortunately (but not for the first time), I got scammed on Etsy, bought a couch, and the seller immediately closed his account and left Etsy after I paid. Luckily got a refund. Now talking to a lady in Poland, about another one but will take some time. Meanwhile also ordered the power outlets and switches off Ebay, but no movement yet so hoping it'll turn out ok.

89Studio apartment build project - Page 4 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:00 pm

r3500vdp

Well all ended well and the couch arrived after all just fine. I am finding it perhaps just a tad large for the room but on the plus side, the realism is just amazing and very much like it. Actual leather, springs, etc. For now it's a keeper. On order at the moment, art work and electric switches and outlets. After that, well... I guess it is almost move in ready. Which means spending some quality time going through all the excellent Phicen reviews on this forum, that is going to be such a tough choice!

Studio apartment build project - Page 4 7iAMN1u

Studio apartment build project - Page 4 QIi3kSq

90Studio apartment build project - Page 4 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:02 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great looking couch and so suitable for this room!

91Studio apartment build project - Page 4 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:09 pm

r3500vdp

Thank you!

92Studio apartment build project - Page 4 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:14 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
r3500vdp wrote:Thank you!
Where did you get it, if it's no secret? Smile

93Studio apartment build project - Page 4 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:19 pm

r3500vdp

Where did you get it, if it's no secret? wrote:

This I bought from Etsy, the seller has closed shop but it looks as if someone else has taken over. The name of the shop is MinimalistGiftsArt, they have quite a selection.

94Studio apartment build project - Page 4 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:20 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
r3500vdp wrote:This I bought from Etsy, the seller has closed shop but it looks as if someone else has taken over. The name of the shop is MinimalistGiftsArt, they have quite a selection.
Thanks, I'll check it out.

95Studio apartment build project - Page 4 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:18 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Wow. That’s pretty cool. Looks great.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Studio apartment build project - Page 4 1f10

96Studio apartment build project - Page 4 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:17 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Nice sofa, and room divide, things are really coming together now Very Happy . Great news that someone has taken over the shop, hopefully the quality will remain the same.

97Studio apartment build project - Page 4 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:11 pm

r3500vdp

Thank you! I feel sorry for the Etsy seller, Etsy it seems closed his shop by mistake. Luckily it all got sorted out fine and was able to repay him.

Meanwhile I thought this was rather cool. Bought 2 frames (again of Etsy) and made it into the first room decorations. Yep that's my wife and daughter. The frames are easy to work with and very solid.

Studio apartment build project - Page 4 Jt0bRBy

98Studio apartment build project - Page 4 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:03 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great new additions.

99Studio apartment build project - Page 4 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:07 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
NIIICE! Are we going to be seeing 3 “mini-me’s” in the future?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Studio apartment build project - Page 4 1f10

100Studio apartment build project - Page 4 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:23 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
They work really well, and look great above the sofa.

101Studio apartment build project - Page 4 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:35 pm

r3500vdp

Great new additions.
Thanks!

"NIIICE! Are we going to be seeing 3 “mini-me’s” in the future?"
Thank you! Ha ha yes that would be interesting. Actually in Toronto, there is a great place called "Little Canada", sort of like minature wunderland in Hamburg. And they do a 3D scan and create a scaled mini-me in plaster and hand paint it, which I did. Came out perfect! Afraid though wife and daughter may not agree to be replicated in 1:6 scale!

They work really well, and look great above the sofa.
Thanks!

Going to be quiet for a while, waiting for some more art work, also the electrical outlets and just added 2 shelves to the bedroom section which need some decorative bits and pieces.[/quote]

102Studio apartment build project - Page 4 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:21 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Looks quite realistic already, and photos are a nice touch, giving the impression of a lived in space...
However, I'd advise against posting photos of family on publicly accessible resources. They can be used in fraud schemes.

103Studio apartment build project - Page 4 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:42 pm

r3500vdp

Looks quite realistic already, and photos are a nice touch, giving the impression of a lived in space...
However, I'd advise against posting photos of family on publicly accessible resources. They can be used in fraud schemes.

Thank you! More art work is on the way. I am thinking of changing the photos. I do very much love these, but not sure if they fit the type of apartment I'm going for. So I have some more framed art on the way and will see. I use double sided tape so very easy to change. Meanwhile electrical outlets have arrived and are going in tomorrow.

104Studio apartment build project - Page 4 Empty Re: Studio apartment build project Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:40 pm

r3500vdp

This will be the last update for a bit, starting vacation soon. Have focused on the bedroom section and have made shelves, to provide some opportunity to display books, etc. First 2 books have arrived and really blown away by the level of detail of them. Also the first art work is on the wall. And the future occupant will be able to plug in things as electrical outlets and switches have been added. More art work on the way, and will be ordering some more books. Also working on rugs but still in trial and error phase.

Studio apartment build project - Page 4 Ey7l5lF

Studio apartment build project - Page 4 ArXJbwQ

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum