OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

People who bought a seamless body from Southeast Asia. How is it now?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Xuan_yiling

I've read some comments on another post that said it can be cracked due to humidity and pose too long. I live in Malaysia and I worry that the seamless figure will melt. Is there anyone who lives in the hot weather country? How is your figure now?

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I do recall in the past that some had experienced this, but I haven't personally.

I live in an area that has extremes of temperature and humidity, but luckily my collection is down in a finished basement that stays relatively cool (with a barely fluctuating humidity). What windows I have are completely blacked out with blackout film and blackout blinds -- it's essentially a cool, dark cave until the lights get turned on. NONE of my figures have the problem that folks who live in climates such as yours may have. If you have the resources and the ability, put all your figures into a room with no windows or one that can be blacked out completely and get a dehumidifier & air conditioner (if you don't have central air) if possible. Direct sunlight is killer to any of these figures if exposed long-term. You can research online you should be able to find sites that describe not only the proper humidity levels, but also the proper temperature (usually around 62 degrees Fahrenheit) for storing and proper care of collectibles.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

People who bought a seamless body from Southeast Asia. How is it now? 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think someone shared a frustrating experience from that part of the world, but I could be remembering wrong. Stryker's advice, however, would apply. I don't think you absolutely need to be able to keep the temperature down to 62F, but you do want to avoid excesses and too much sharp variation.

valentin

valentin
It varies from product to product...

However Stryker's points are extremely valid.

I reside in singapore, and while my Galaxy Soldier(released in 2018) has melted into mush last year. My brown non-metal body(released in 2014) which am using for my custom slave leia is pretty much still intact with no lose in quality.

The galaxy soldier was very much unprotected against the elements and it was also under sunlight. Whereas Leia was kept in a showcase, and away from the sunlight in a monitored humidity room.

I didn't apply powder nor oil on any of my tbleague bodies thus far, and kept them mostly in museum poses. However, I noticed that constant moderate play in posing seems to reduce the breaking or tearing of the silicon body, as compared to those posed once, then reposed again after a year or two.

Still despite these, am still buying these tbleague bodies, because they certainly are still the pioneer and the better quality ones out there. (Lost count on the number of them i have.... think i have over 50 bodies now? Due to resident evil, final fantasy, king of fighters, street fighter, ghost in the shell, gundam seed, star wars etc, customisations)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum