OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Female head with TBL body catalogue

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Female head with TBL body catalogue  Empty Female head with TBL body catalogue Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:34 pm

Diana

Diana
This is mostly for myself, but it seems it might be quite useful to others, too, so I invite you to join in!
If anybody wants to start another thread for male sculpts you're welcome to it! Smile

The idea is to have a reference that allows us to determine whether any particular head is suitable for what body, both in skin tone and size. Since TBL bodies are most talked about and possibly easiest to already find info about, let's stick to those.

The idea is to NOT pick the best body for each head, but rather pick the same body for all heads so that we can compare and transfer that knowledge to any other body.

And since this will be mostly used as a shopping guide you're welcome to mark any heads FOR SALE/TRADE.

Here are the rules:

• One post that you are encouraged to keep updating
  • Begin with one full body reference shot of the TBL body you'll be shooting:
    - If possible use the same body type for each skin color.
    - If not: post one photo of each body.
    - Provide the following info: model number (skin tone); e.g. "S23B (suntan)"
  • One clean frontal upper body shot per female head 
  • Please provide the following info:
    - brand name: product number "name" (skin color); e.g. YM Toys: YMT016A "Ming" (pale)
  • All images should have a clean background (ideally the same for all images) with no distractions.

Here we go:

INDEX

Arrow  Diana's catalogue with the S23B/S22A (below)
Arrow  madnug's catalogue with the S12D and the S17B
Arrow  MeMyself&I's catalogue with the S52A/S53B, S38A and S16A
Arrow  GubernmatorFan's catalogue with the S24B, S25C, S28B and S29C
Arrow  Gwebberarts' catalogue with the S17B

I'll be shooting with the S23B (suntan) and S22A (pale) respectively.
Since it's the same build, I'll only post one reference photo:

Female head with TBL body catalogue  S2310

Here are my female heads, starting with the one from the reference shot. Around 37 more to follow...

KIMI TOYS: KT010A (suntan)
Female head with TBL body catalogue  Kt010a10

BY ART: BY T9 "Hela" (suntan)
Female head with TBL body catalogue  By_t910

GAC TOYS: GC046B (suntan)
Female head with TBL body catalogue  Gc046b10

GAC TOYS: GC047B (suntan)
Female head with TBL body catalogue  Gc047b10

GAC TOYS: GC047D (suntan)
Female head with TBL body catalogue  Gc047d10

Mancotoys: MC002D "Captain" (darker than suntan, hair was longer)
Female head with TBL body catalogue  Mc002d10

Super Duck: SDH041 (suntan)
Female head with TBL body catalogue  Sdh04110

YM Toys: YMT016C "Ming" (pale, hair was longer)
Female head with TBL body catalogue  Ymt01610

YM Toys: YMT049A (suntan)
Female head with TBL body catalogue  Ymt04910

YM Toys: YMT063F (suntan)
Female head with TBL body catalogue  Ymt06310

YM Toys: YMT084A (pale)
Female head with TBL body catalogue  Ymt08410

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great idea for a thread, Diana.

Diana

Diana
BAMComix wrote:Great idea for a thread, Diana.

Thank you! Glad you like it! I hope it'll get more populated soon. I personally have around 40 more heads to go through. And I'll see about getting some images of the pale heads with a better white balance. I'll probably move the tank top over to the pale body and shoot with that for the best possible comparison. This is kinda fun, if also a littler frustrating, dealing with the neck pegs and all. Ugh. Especially when the hole in the adapter is a fraction too small... It has to work without heating it up first! Mad Rolling Eyes

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
To be honest I'm a little confused, but this is a great experiment, and a way to spot compatibility and uncompatibility between the headsculpts and body.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Love it!

Diana

Diana
GubernatorFan wrote:To be honest I'm a little confused, but this is a great experiment, and a way to spot compatibility and incompatibility between the headsculpts and body.

LOL, it's probably not you, but me. I get that a lot. Laughing

I did wonder whether it was too much having another head catalogue thread, but the one we already have has a focus on showing off the beauty/quality of head itself with fairly tightly cropped images that don't really allow us to see whether we like the proportions on any given body. But adding an additional upper body shot might overload it. Or what do you think? Should we just try to add upper body shots to the head sculpt catalogue? Or do you have any suggestions to make this one less confusing? I love you

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I didn't find it confusing, Diana. While I can't personally contribute to it right now (no time, ugh), I can certainly see how it could be useful resource. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

madnug

madnug
Never done this photo comparison reference before, here goes hope it helps.

Body TBleague S12D
Female head with TBL body catalogue  S12d10

Head: YMTOYS YMT059B
Female head with TBL body catalogue  Ymt05910

Head: YMTOYS YMT060B
Female head with TBL body catalogue  Ymt06010

Head: YMTOYS YMT074E
Female head with TBL body catalogue  Ymt07410

Head: Z6TOYS Z001A
Female head with TBL body catalogue  Z6toys10

Head: YMTOYS YMT050A
Female head with TBL body catalogue  Ymt05010

Head: Super Duck SDH025C
Female head with TBL body catalogue  Sd_sdh10

Head: Kimitoys KT004
Female head with TBL body catalogue  Kt00410

Head: Hahtoys H007
Female head with TBL body catalogue  Hahtoy10

Head: Hahtoys H005D
Female head with TBL body catalogue  Hahtoy11

Head: Gactoys GC047A
Female head with TBL body catalogue  Gac_gc10

Head: Kiyoha Blonde TBL HS Reproduce
Female head with TBL body catalogue  Kiyoha10

Body TBleague S17B
Female head with TBL body catalogue  S17b10

Head: YMTOYS YMT074E
Female head with TBL body catalogue  S110

Head: Unbranded/Custom Milla HS
Female head with TBL body catalogue  S210

Head: Super Duck SDH028D
Female head with TBL body catalogue  S310

Head: Super Duck SDH025A
Female head with TBL body catalogue  S410

Head:  Gactoys GC031C
Female head with TBL body catalogue  S510

Head:  Gactoys GC028B
Female head with TBL body catalogue  S610

Head:   Super Duck SDH041D
Female head with TBL body catalogue  S710

Head:   Kimitoys KT007
Female head with TBL body catalogue  S810

Head:  Gactoys GC042A
Female head with TBL body catalogue  S910

Head:  Gactoys GC034B
Female head with TBL body catalogue  S1010

Diana

Diana
Very cool, madnug, thank you! Very Happy

10Female head with TBL body catalogue  Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:27 am

davidd

davidd
Diana wrote:Should we just try to add upper body shots to the head sculpt catalogue? Or do you have any suggestions to make this one less confusing?

I think this is an excellent idea! One body, multiple heads. Simple.

This is a useful way to get an idea of the actual size of various heads, and how they look on one specific body.

Having one uniform body type paired with a variety of heads allows us to get a better idea of the actual size of each of the heads: does the head run small, does it run large? Is it a broad face or a narrow face? How is the neck opening width, wide or narrow?

madnug's contribution, on the S12D body, is a very helpful addition to this topic, as the S12D body is sort of the "standard" TBLeague body size.

Also, keeping the posts simple - one body - without worrying about skin tone is a useful idea. As long as the body color is identified (pale or suntan), it will be easy enough to see if the heads run toward suntan or pale tints.

This isn't a topic necessarily designed to showcase great-looking figures; rather, it is a topic to illustrate head size and color relative to a single body style, to serve as a helpful tool for hobbyists looking to match heads to bodies.

I think this is a great idea and I am looking forward to seeing the posts updated with additional heads.

11Female head with TBL body catalogue  Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:11 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
In principle this is a nice idea, but the number of possible head/body combinations would be simply overwhelming. When Ian started the head sculpt catalogue, I initially intended to use Super Duck's bust stand (like in YMT promo pics) to photograph all the heads in order to make the size comparable. As other contributors rather used the best fitting body for the pics, I dropped this idea again. I can imagine adding a shot of the head on a "standard" body, if people would consider it helpful.

12Female head with TBL body catalogue  Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:50 am

madnug

madnug
By having the HS on a body will roughly tell people how to gauge the head size would suit larger bodies standard bodies or narrow sholder/smaller bodies..

i guess the S12,09,04 is similar sizing bodies, its like in the middle.. so hope ppl can gauge as reference.

For HS pale or suntan, i cant say much coz some HS can fit on both.. pale n suntan for tbleague body

13Female head with TBL body catalogue  Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:04 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diana wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:To be honest I'm a little confused, but this is a great experiment, and a way to spot compatibility and incompatibility between the headsculpts and body.

LOL, it's probably not you, but me. I get that a lot. Laughing

I did wonder whether it was too much having another head catalogue thread, but the one we already have has a focus on showing off the beauty/quality of head itself with fairly tightly cropped images that don't really allow us to see whether we like the proportions on any given body. But adding an additional upper body shot might overload it. Or what do you think? Should we just try to add upper body shots to the head sculpt catalogue? Or do you have any suggestions to make this one less confusing? I love you
A head-matching-body thread makes sense indeed. So, while I hope you do occasionally add more material to the specific heads thread, I do think there is a point to this here, too. I think what confused me were the parameters of the experiment -- would we just do a run of all our heads on one single body, and then another, etc...? There is plenty to be learned that way, but given the number of heads I have (I know, to have these problems, right?), I couldn't wrap my mind around it. I've been a little distracted with "real life" stuff, a little sick on and off for a month, and recently tried to take a stab at organizing aspects of my sixth-scale stuff, coming to the realization I have way too much, and little cognizance of exactly what I have. Which has left me a bit disoriented, even as I plan to both be more active (I have a couple of projects and a bunch of reviews in queue) and try to organize and catalog my stuff. Smile

14Female head with TBL body catalogue  Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:53 am

Diana

Diana
Thank you all for your feedback! It seems that there is enough value in having both threads.

I've added an index to the initial post with a link to madnug's catalogue and will add future ones as well.

I do think there is value in photographing a pale head on a pale body and a suntan head on a suntan body, but having the bodies be of the same build I think is more useful, so if having to choose, pick whatever keeps you going. Smile

Gub, I know I could add more to the head reference thread and I will. And I totally forgot to do the side view on the shots I've already taken, so thank you for the reminder, I will remember next time. Expect a flood of additions to both threads next time! Very Happy
I've actually been waiting for the YMToys busts to do a full run since I hate handling the bodies so much. The busts were to be released Q2 of THIS year... Rolling Eyes

My goal was not to have everyone post one thread for each of their bodies, with all of their heads every time. You're welcome to it of course, but I think one is enough to gauge the proportions. Some heads will appear in multiple posts, which is cool. We could add cross references some time, once this becomes a thing.

I feel another photo session coming up. ^^

15Female head with TBL body catalogue  Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:39 pm

Zurdoz

Zurdoz
Great, informative thread! Great pics shared too!  Smile

madnug wrote:Never done this photo comparison reference before, here goes hope it helps.

[…]

[…]

Oooo that Hahtoys H007 (TS) head Surprised  I’ve been wondering if there were any other heads with TS in mind since getting the GACToys one, but wow that one looks good!

16Female head with TBL body catalogue  Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:35 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Zurdoz wrote:Great, informative thread! Great pics shared too!  Smile

Oooo that Hahtoys H007 (TS) head Surprised  I’ve been wondering if there were any other heads with TS in mind since getting the GACToys one, but wow that one looks good!

There are three TS heads that I'm aware of. The third is from MM Toys, also available with different hair styles. You can find it in the head sculpt catalog...

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5547p120-head-sculpt-general-catalog-contribute-but-check-out-the-rules#96366

17Female head with TBL body catalogue  Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:46 am

madnug

madnug
Zurdoz wrote:Great, informative thread! Great pics shared too!  Smile

madnug wrote:Never done this photo comparison reference before, here goes hope it helps.

[…]

[…]

Gactoys is nice too, both has close resemblance of TS, cant go wrong with either just pick which hairstyle you like.

Female head with TBL body catalogue  Gc_ts10

18Female head with TBL body catalogue  Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:07 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diana, I was trying to praise your efforts, not give you homework! Smile But whatever you add, would be welcome, naturally.

19Female head with TBL body catalogue  Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:55 pm

Zurdoz

Zurdoz
Randam Hajile wrote:There are three TS heads that I'm aware of. The third is from MM Toys, also available with different hair styles. You can find it in the head sculpt catalog...

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5547p120-head-sculpt-general-catalog-contribute-but-check-out-the-rules#96366

madnug wrote:Gactoys is nice too, both has close resemblance of TS, cant go wrong with either just pick which hairstyle you like.

Female head with TBL body catalogue  Gc_ts10

Thanks for the heads up about the MM Toys too! Smile Agree, the GACToys head has a very good likeness. Glad to know about these, thanks again fellas!  Smile

20Female head with TBL body catalogue  Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:37 am

Diana

Diana
GubernatorFan wrote:Diana, I was trying to praise your efforts, not give you homework! Smile But whatever you add, would be welcome, naturally.

Laughing It'll be my pleasure. I do enjoy taking these photos. I love you

21Female head with TBL body catalogue  Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:28 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
A very useful idea, Diana. I myself constantly have difficulty matching the skin tones of my head and body. Thanks for your guide on this

22Female head with TBL body catalogue  Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:36 pm

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
OK, I will make this my updated post that I will reference as time goes on. I will tweak and add to it as I have time for photos. I don't have a ton of head sculpts, but I have enough it takes time.

EDIT: Updated the photos for my first entry to be consistent with further entries

EDIT: Added additional head sculpts and body comparisons

The head sculpt is listed first, then 4 bodies are listed underneath. I wanted to show my head sculpts, for as few as they are, on a range of bodies (tall and full, short and full, average height and slight build).

All photos shot on a Canon R7 with a 24mm lens, f/10, ISO 200, and 5600K color temp.

Diana, I hope this all works within what parameters you want!

Head sculpt: SuperDuck Chun-Li (SUD-SET014B) for Suntan bodies

Body: TBLeague S53 (Suntan)

Female head with TBL body catalogue  53426119562_8b884914f0_kHead sculpts on the TBL S53 by T E, on Flickr

Body: TBLeague S52 (Pale)

Female head with TBL body catalogue  53427048131_8d07c618b8_kHead sculpts on the TBL S52 by T E, on Flickr

Body: TBLeague S38 (Pale)

Female head with TBL body catalogue  53426119732_82ac99a0c3_kHead sculpts on the TBL S38 by T E, on Flickr

Body: TBLeague S16 (Pale)

Female head with TBL body catalogue  53427371649_29f54e5e3e_kHead sculpts on the TBL S16 by T E, on Flickr

Head sculpt: i8Toys I8-C001C Furisode Head sculpt for Pale bodies

Female head with TBL body catalogue  53427473640_f5e5abc936_kHead sculpts on the TBL S53 by T E, on Flickr

Female head with TBL body catalogue  53427473850_7ee2863190_kHead sculpts on the TBL S52 by T E, on Flickr

Female head with TBL body catalogue  53427203373_3365c9a6e9_kHead sculpts on the TBL S38 by T E, on Flickr

Female head with TBL body catalogue  53426119592_71006c46d8_kHead sculpts on the TBL S16 by T E, on Flickr

Head sculpt: YM Toys YMT027 D for Suntan bodies

Female head with TBL body catalogue  53427048191_03d02eb83d_kHead sculpts on the TBL S53 by T E, on Flickr

Female head with TBL body catalogue  53427048116_aeddb7db9f_kHead sculpts on the TBL S52 by T E, on Flickr

Female head with TBL body catalogue  53427371734_ccdf49e23b_kHead sculpts on the TBL S38 by T E, on Flickr

Female head with TBL body catalogue  53426119567_5511446f55_kHead sculpts on the TBL S16 by T E, on Flickr

Head sculpt: Super Duck SDH018 A for Pale bodies

Female head with TBL body catalogue  53427371904_f66c61bef6_kHead sculpts on the TBL S53 by T E, on Flickr

Female head with TBL body catalogue  53427473830_ef8ba3652a_kHead sculpts on the TBL S52 by T E, on Flickr

Female head with TBL body catalogue  53426119662_f797cfe3d6_kHead sculpts on the TBL S38 by T E, on Flickr

Female head with TBL body catalogue  53426119472_09dad9fe88_kHead sculpts on the TBL S16 by T E, on Flickr

Head sculpt: i8 Toys Yuki i8-H001D for Pale bodies

Female head with TBL body catalogue  53426119867_bb83eb75b9_kHead sculpts on the TBL S53 by T E, on Flickr

Female head with TBL body catalogue  53427371784_ef9b77a6de_kHead sculpts on the TBL S52 by T E, on Flickr

Female head with TBL body catalogue  53427203323_bcb045eeba_kHead sculpts on the TBL S38 by T E, on Flickr

Female head with TBL body catalogue  53427473565_93efec3661_kHead sculpts on the TBL S16 by T E, on Flickr

Head sculpt: i8 Toys Nana i8-H002B for Pale bodies

Female head with TBL body catalogue  53427371864_29bd52553a_kHead sculpts on the TBL S53 by T E, on Flickr

Female head with TBL body catalogue  53427473810_48ca02f942_kHead sculpts on the TBL S52 by T E, on Flickr

Female head with TBL body catalogue  53427473685_bbd1841a6d_kHead sculpts on the TBL S38 by T E, on Flickr

Female head with TBL body catalogue  53427473575_157c6b4468_kHead sculpts on the TBL S16 by T E, on Flickr

23Female head with TBL body catalogue  Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:43 am

madnug

madnug
MM&I
nice body & head proportion, hope there more clothes in the market for it soon

24Female head with TBL body catalogue  Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:13 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Pretty close match and nice proportions.

25Female head with TBL body catalogue  Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:58 am

Diana

Diana
MeMyself&I wrote:Body: TBLeague S53 (Suntan)

Head sculpt: SuperDuck Chun-Li (SUD-SET014B) Suntan Skin Tone...

Ooph! What a beautiful body. Now I might need to get me one of those, too. Laughing
And the head does work nicely with it! I'm looking forward to future contributions! I love you

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum