OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Female head with TBL body catalogue

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 3 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:40 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
craftsrmyluvlanguage wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:So I painted some blank head sculpts I had collected to match.

I hope this is helpful.

The skintone for the custom paints are such a great match. Would you be willing to share the name and shades of the paint you used? I may be attempting a repaint myself.
Thank you very much! Insofar as I remember it correctly, I'm happy to share.
I used Vallejo acrylic paints and media, except for the Liquitex Ultra Matte Medium.
  • First, I primed the blank headsculpts (which were bluish grey and in the case of Gamora light beige) with Vallejo black acrylic surface primer. 
  • Then I applied a couple of thin layers of a mixture of primarily Vallejo's German C(amo) Black Brown with small amounts of their London Grey and Burnt Umber mixed in with an almost equal amount of Liquitex Ultra Matte Medium.
  • Finally, I gave it a layer of Vallejo's Matt Varnish.

Naturally, the eyes were done differently: off-white with a bit of ivory for the base color, some reddish pink mix (made with ivory, leather red, and vermillion) for their inside corners, a near black line at the top, and a dark red/brown one at the bottom, black for the pupil and iris, and for some eyelashes; the eye surface was given a layer of gloss varnish, with a couple more layers of it building up just over the pupil and iris.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

52Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 3 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:28 pm

Stryker2012

Founding Father
davidd wrote:Razz  I am amused by the image of the heads lined up on the sofa. Someone has little tolerance for those who displease her!

Reminds me of that career-killing movie “8 Heads In A Dufflebag”.

53Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 3 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:54 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Stryker2012 wrote:
davidd wrote:Razz  I am amused by the image of the heads lined up on the sofa. Someone has little tolerance for those who displease her!

Reminds me of that career-killing movie “8 Heads In A Dufflebag”.
I vaguely remember that film. It was not absolutely God-awful for a comedy. By the way, thanks again for the head sculpt. Yes, it is work in progress and I realize the actual subject was much lighter-skinned.

54Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 3 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:15 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I found the remaining heads I was looking for. The one of Halle Berry is far too pale to even try, but Hot Toys' Shuri is a close enough match for the "dark brown" skin tone of S24B. Admittedly, this Shuri is slightly repainted -- due to my modification to obscure her warpaint and the traces left by her removed chin accessory -- but I think it is still basically the original color.

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 3 Tblbc110

55Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 3 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:19 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
That looks about perfect. Nice repaint and thanks for showing.

56Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 3 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:28 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:That looks about perfect. Nice repaint and thanks for showing.
Thank you very much, Simon, I'm glad you liked it.

57Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 3 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:15 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Nice Ian! I really wish I'd picked up the Halle berry sculpt back then. Funny the things we regret buying?

58Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 3 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:17 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Wow !
another post that I lost sight of. Just fantastic. My favorite is the valkyrie, you made exactly the right choice not only in terms of color but also in terms of the dimensions of the bodies. The last lady fits the petite body perfectly. Thank you for showing.

Oh yes, there was still a lot to do on the skinny lady's head. Very well modeled and color enhanced

59Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 3 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:11 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:Nice Ian! I really wish I'd picked up the Halle berry sculpt back then. Funny the things we regret buying?
Thank you, Dal, glad you liked it. I forget which version of the Halle Berry sculpt I picked up, there may have been several. It is nice enough (I think I have it pictured in the painting seamless bodies thread somewhere), but quite pale.

Ephiane wrote:Wow !
another post that I lost sight of. Just fantastic. My favorite is the valkyrie, you made exactly the right choice not only in terms of color but also in terms of the dimensions of the bodies. The last lady fits the petite body perfectly. Thank you for showing.

Oh yes, there was still a lot to do on the skinny lady's head. Very well modeled and color enhanced
Thank you, Ephiane, I'm very glad you liked them. Valkyrie is a tricky one -- it barely matches, but I guess I got lucky with the light. The darkest heads are custom painted, everything else is as is, or just slightly modified (for Shuri, to remove warpaint and neck guard).

60Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 3 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:06 am

Visisonor

Visisonor
GubernatorFan wrote:Hot Toys' Shuri is a close enough match for the "dark brown" skin tone of S24B.
Yeah, it looks like a perfect match.
I like her expression, though: "Hey! A little privacy, please!"

61Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 3 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:14 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Visisonor wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Hot Toys' Shuri is a close enough match for the "dark brown" skin tone of S24B.
Yeah, it looks like a perfect match.
I like her expression, though: "Hey! A little privacy, please!"
Thank you very much. I think that is a very good reading of her expression.

62Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 3 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:30 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Sorry for my complaining in advance, but the light brown-skinned ones are too light for me and the dark ones are too dark. I know it was me who had to start coloring bodies and should be happy with the new color variants. Why don't they have a female Afro American with the same skin color as the male bodies already available? TBL must have already had the color for the silicone.

I hope it is allowed to show your picture Gube. And Yes, sure. The Skin tone of the new light browns is a 100 % match to the Heads You show.

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 3 M36b1210

63Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 3 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:16 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:Sorry for my complaining in advance, but the light brown-skinned ones are too light for me and the dark ones are too dark. I know it was me who had to start coloring bodies and should be happy with the new color variants. Why don't they have a female Afro American with the same skin color as the male bodies already available? TBL must have already had the color for the silicone.

I hope it is allowed to show your picture Gube. And Yes, sure. The Skin tone of the new light browns is a 100 % match to the Heads You show.
That's fine, of course (to use photo). That's a good body for that sort of thing, remember my custom Michael Jordan? Worked perfectly -- in terms of height too. Actually, if I can ever finish it, I'm working on another post with a basketball body. 

The lighter "dark brown" bodies (coded B in the instances I showcased above, but varying in lettering depending no the body model) are indeed lighter than the "dark-skinned" bodies (coded C above), and a good match for several heads. All the heads I know are too light for the "dark-skinned" bodies, unless we custom paint them. It's odd they chose that color, especially as I think (but I'm not the best at telling color) they are not 100% identical to the their previous "black" bodies (used for their pseudo-Egyptian god sets) -- but maybe they are meant to be.

Do you (or anyone) have a simple solution for painting actual silicone bodies (TBLeague and Jiaou are TPE, which has pores that trap the oil pastel particles, allowing the successful coloring method you discovered). I just had a time consuming and completely failed attempt to recolor a new LDDoll body that way. It is an idiotically pale color that works for no head, even my one anime head is too warm colored for it.

64Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 3 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:54 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ephiane, you make a good point. I had expected at least one of the colours to match their existing male body.

Tbleague makes strange choices sometimes....

That being said, I will definitely purchase several of these new bodies once I can afford it. Just hope nothing too crazy happens between now and whenever that might be... O.o

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

65Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 3 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:22 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
The Staedler oil pastel Brown looks really good to me on a TBL Skin. I hoped they will do a brown female Body in a Skin tone like this.
The oil pastel painting sometimes wears off if you have to touch the surface often to pose the figures. I was hoping I could use the new Afro American skin tones. Somehow both of them don't seem necessarily authentic to me. 80% of the Afro-American people I've seen are somewhere between the two new ones that TBL uses for the characters in terms of skin color.

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 3 20190412

66Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 3 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:41 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Brilliant shot! I love the different height sizes!

67Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 3 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:53 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Great shot!
The shortest character looks very realistic.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

68Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 3 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:03 am

Esganado

Ephiane wrote:Somehow both of them don't seem necessarily authentic to me. 80% of the Afro-American people I've seen are somewhere between the two new ones that TBL uses for the characters in terms of skin color.

I agree. Those tones could have been better chosen. I wonder what was their train of tought.
What's the body on your shortest girl? I'd like to, someday, make a teenager and she looks great!

69Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 3 Empty Heads for Month & Bastet Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:16 am

Grover

Grover
Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 3 20240210
Integrity toys head sculpt in the Nubian skin tones

70Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 3 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:57 am

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Very nice, Grover. And welcome!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 3 1f10

71Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 3 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:04 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Pretty nice kitbashes!

72Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 3 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:26 pm

craftsrmyluvlanguage

Grover wrote:Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 3 20240210

Thanks for this. I was debating about buying the head on the left for my new dark skinned body but wasn’t sure if it would match.

73Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 3 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:40 pm

Grover

Grover
The body in the blue dress is the Bastet body and the one in the red is the Month body.
If you use the integrity toys head you'll need to modify it.

74Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 3 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:51 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Esganado wrote:
Ephiane wrote:Somehow both of them don't seem necessarily authentic to me. 80% of the Afro-American people I've seen are somewhere between the two new ones that TBL uses for the characters in terms of skin color.

I agree. Those tones could have been better chosen. I wonder what was their train of tought.
What's the body on your shortest girl? I'd like to, someday, make a teenager and she looks great!

Sorry for the late answer. This is one of the first Pichen figures. Unfortunately it has not been available for a long time. At that time there were no different heights in the TBL. This body itself is modified to represent a slightly smaller Asian woman. The lower metal leg sections can be removed from the ball socket and shortened.

75Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 3 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:14 am

Esganado

Grover wrote:Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 3 20240210

Those look amazing! Fit perfectly in color. What was the change that had to be done to the head to fit in place?

76Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 3 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:11 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Esganado wrote:
Grover wrote:

Those look amazing! Fit perfectly in color. What was the change that had to be done to the head to fit in place?
I would guess primarily (or at least) the neck opening. It is likely that it would have needed to be drilled open wider, judging by other doll lines and their heads.

77Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 3 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:01 pm

Grover

Grover
Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 3 20240215
I put the neck connector in the clear tube. Widen out the neck of the head sculpt and trim the tube to the height I want the head.

78Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 3 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:58 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That's a neat way to do it. I would have just used rolled-up foamies, but this is more professional.

79Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 3 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:17 am

Esganado

Grover wrote:Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 3 20240215
I put the neck connector in the clear tube. Widen out the neck of the head sculpt and trim the tube to the height I want the head.

Very neat!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum