OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Elven Kitbash

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Elven Kitbash  Empty Elven Kitbash Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:33 am

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
My first effort at a kitbash, have really enjoyed this project. She has a very temporary under-dress thing and may need an armoured skirt, but as I got a body for Christmas that fit the armour, she is making a festive debut!

Final picture to start and I’ll add a few ‘making-of’s’ below.

Elven Kitbash  Img_1711

2Elven Kitbash  Empty Re: Elven Kitbash Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:43 am

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
I re-painted the eyes/iris, eyeshadow and eyebrows of the head…took a lot of goes to get it where I wanted.

Boots, arm armour, arrows/bow etc are all TBLeague parts which came in white (from Celtic warrior, while bow/arrows etc are from one of the Spartans). Chest armour was from Coomodel Hades; crown is a generic eBay plastic part. All painted with acrylic model paints, mix of Vallejo and Army Painter. These work surprisingly well on everything from metal and plastic to pleather to fabric boots.

Elven Kitbash  Img_1612

Elven Kitbash  Img_1613

3Elven Kitbash  Empty Re: Elven Kitbash Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:51 am

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
When I found myself painting arrowheads, toenails and fingernails, I realised I needed to stop somewhere!

Although fiddly and not a cheap process, I’m happy with the first effort at kitbashing and looking forward to expanding my elf tribe.

Elven Kitbash  Img_1614

Elven Kitbash  Img_1712

Elven Kitbash  Img_1713

4Elven Kitbash  Empty Re: Elven Kitbash Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:53 am

tghsmith

very nice job on the painting,, the color change fade on the boots is a great touch

5Elven Kitbash  Empty Re: Elven Kitbash Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:12 am

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
tghsmith wrote:very nice job on the painting,, the color change fade on the boots is a great touch

Thank you, it was easier than I expected to get the fade on fabric as it’s surprising forgiving and the paint tends to stay where you put it with watered-down washes. The armour however was really tricky…lots of re-painting required!

I was lucky to also get a body & head with the makings of a fae/elf queen for Christmas (on the left below), along with two tiny fairies. I will be trying to model her some new elf ears and repainting her face when I feel brave enough and have some clear time….

Elven Kitbash  Img_1714

6Elven Kitbash  Empty Re: Elven Kitbash Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:18 am

Illusion

Illusion
tghsmith wrote:very nice job on the painting,, the color change fade on the boots is a great touch

my thoughts exactly…
love the colour scheme - the head is beautiful and you took some really great pics with that snow backdrop, which is amazing too… with these little ice holes.

7Elven Kitbash  Empty Re: Elven Kitbash Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:58 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Well done. The color choices are excellent for your amazing diorama. The little fairies are a nice touch.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Elven Kitbash  1f10

8Elven Kitbash  Empty Re: Elven Kitbash Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:45 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Lovely elves, beautifully done, and nice to see you put this snow diorama to such good use.

9Elven Kitbash  Empty Re: Elven Kitbash Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:55 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
She looks suitably winter-y now! And that is a fantastic snowy diorama, excellent job!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

10Elven Kitbash  Empty Re: Elven Kitbash Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:09 pm

csyeung

csyeung
Colors on the boots came out really cool!

11Elven Kitbash  Empty Re: Elven Kitbash Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:51 am

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
Illusion wrote:

my thoughts exactly…
love the colour scheme - the head is beautiful and you took some really great pics with that snow backdrop, which is amazing too… with these little ice holes.

Stryker2012 wrote:Well done. The color choices are excellent for your amazing diorama. The little fairies are a nice touch.

GubernatorFan wrote:Lovely elves, beautifully done, and nice to see you put this snow diorama to such good use.

skywalkersaga wrote:She looks suitably winter-y now! And that is a fantastic snowy diorama, excellent job!

csyeung wrote:Colors on the boots came out really cool!

Thank you all for your kind comments Very Happy I may have to try and get some more of those boots while available, great for painting. However they didn’t fit the 17b original body I was going to use, as her calves were too big (even though I thought that was pretty waif-ey)….I will be using the handy TBLeague body guide in here to work out what body she is on now - a second hand buy I leapt on which was definitely not what it said on the box, must have been mixed up although worked well for this figure.

12Elven Kitbash  Empty Re: Elven Kitbash Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:28 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
She looks very nice.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

13Elven Kitbash  Empty Re: Elven Kitbash Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:40 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Beautifully painted, and I like that they have their own action figures.
Figureception!

14Elven Kitbash  Empty Re: Elven Kitbash Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:47 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Really good, love those boots and their shading, the elf also looks nice, specially the makeup.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Elven Kitbash  1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum