OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

shovelchop81

Stryker2012 wrote:Looking good, Alex. Sorry to hear that guy isn’t being very helpful.

To be fair he's gotten back to me a couple of times today but still not sure of the price or how clear he can print it, also 'yellowing's' a thing apparently.

So still working with what I have.

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 L5NvGpr

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 EDagfJE

Zes

Yellowing is only really an issue with clear resin. If you print in a translucent blue, you, hopefully, won't have that issue. Exposure to UV is usually what causes resin to turn yellow. You can also coat clear resin with varnish, which should somewhat protect it.

I have a 3D printed part printed in clear resin some ~6 years ago that I sprayed with gloss varnish. It's still perfectly clear.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Your dedication to this is amazing. I've heard of people putting together life-size Vader helmets, but you are building one from pieces in sixth-scale. Wow!

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

shovelchop81

Zes wrote:Yellowing is only really an issue with clear resin. If you print in a translucent blue, you, hopefully, won't have that issue. Exposure to UV is usually what causes resin to turn yellow. You can also coat clear resin with varnish, which should somewhat protect it.

I have a 3D printed part printed in clear resin some ~6 years ago that I sprayed with gloss varnish. It's still perfectly clear.

Yes, we've been talking about that and he says he has some tricks like letting it cure in water then varnishing it with UV resistant clear coat. Good to know your's has lasted so well for so long!

GubernatorFan wrote:Your dedication to this is amazing. I've heard of people putting together life-size Vader helmets, but you are building one from pieces in sixth-scale. Wow!

Cheers mate! Done it before lol. I remember getting the shape of the helmet dome right was the tough part and that was making a black opaque one so I could use putty and all kinds of glues etc..

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Some really awesome custom work. When I saw the blue one I thought you were going to make a hologram of vader, the electrocuted version is way cooler than what I had originally thought.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 1f60e

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Theboo-bomb wrote:Some really awesome custom work. When I saw the blue one I thought you were going to make a hologram of vader, the electrocuted version is way cooler than what I had originally thought.

Cheers TBB! That hadn't even occurred to me lol! Interesting idea but not something I'll be doing personally, not evil enough!Twisted Evil

On with the head show...

nicked the HT tunic for a modded cheap Hasbro one as the lightning body needs all the help it can get in the clothing department and the HT will be sitting so kind of a waste for that version to wear it, plus the cut helps expose the battery and switch to be more accessible.

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 1Onq26h

left is completely SSC so lousy comparison, grabbed the wrong figure lol!

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 WvCyGnl

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 SbKs6Ip

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 Gjnqyzy

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 8LozQIv

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 WWV8BxZ

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 9eG9l1l

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 NajfUK4

NEVER THOUGHT I'D GET THIS GAP TO CLOSE AS IT'S HARD ABS, SOMEHOW I DID IT WITHOUT BREAKING EVERYTHING, PATIENCE IS THE KEY HERE, NOT HOT WATER.

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 2YXMwtL

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 9sSsXpG

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 CO4Wmz9

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 KxOdW0f

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 IAYMXNd

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 LxPtHWv

STILL NEEDS FLARED PART SHORTENED AND MIDRIB ADDED. AS WELL AS EVERYTHING ELSE!!

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 KFAXoTk

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 2CLHsem

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 6QRDgZC

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 Ub0uoRx

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 YWygH08

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 PhKhxyl

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 UbIaviW

21 PICS THERE, I REFUSED TO BELIEVE 18 OR LESS WAS THE MAX! FORUMOTION & IMGUR JUST LIKE TO F**K WITH ME! Wink

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Playing with lighting effects to get a basic idea, black light seems best.

Lamp

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 W07xq7B

Very old mini Maglite pre LED that served me well on the road for 20+ years but is dying, batteries and bulb.. what I had close to hand as phone normally used as torch in work area but used as camera too! Most decent torches attached to guns!lol.

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 Rk3js5R

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 0zhPhWX

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 KduOcqV

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 KfHSNUG

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 NvxcOJj

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 StWR92e

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 LPI8T1Q

LED black light

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 9NtS8BV

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 0Q97JQY

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 CtKkOfC

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 UKtXR4J

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 Uhh4lqx

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 Rn5DgWQ

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 SSen86g

These pics were all taken in the shade during daylight so probably better at night.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
That’s pretty cool. From the way you assembled the helmet to the different lighting takes. Neat stuff.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I second Mark. Impressive Frankensteining (and patience!) and interesting to see the different ways different light affects it. The black light, in particular, seems most promising, but they are all cool.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2012 wrote:That’s pretty cool. From the way you assembled the helmet to the different lighting takes. Neat stuff.

GubernatorFan wrote:I second Mark. Impressive Frankensteining (and patience!) and interesting to see the different ways different light affects it. The black light, in particular, seems most promising, but they are all cool.

Cheers! The tricky part will be making it look good unlit too! It will be partially black gloss for that with translucent streaks in the dome plus I'm going to incorporate blue clear parts at the front of the dome so the lit up areas don't just change transparency (dome ABS not very translucent) abruptly as soon as the dome starts but flow into it more naturally; I trimmed the flare of the dome's neck guard to be more accurate and in scale.
I'm setting up a mould to cast the skull and spine in clear resin today.
Done lots of mods and filling/sculpting on the mask and dome with hot glue, my cool dinky little glue gun arrived (has an on/of switch yay!) so I could do this. Lots of dremeling, sanding, scraping with a scalpel and even a belt sander used on the crest of the dome which was a lengthy job with all the hand tool work needed as well. Added blue ink to the mask after testing how it worked under UV light, much better than the Sharpie that just blocks the light! Reshaped the rear neck guard and glued it on, the bulk of the helmet will be black at the back so should fit in fine as it is.

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 MXHasEw

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 YiLy7zP

PRE HOT GLUE DREMELING ETC..

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 XBseRNX

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 WszhmiY

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 HLINGjO

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 M8TTWQl

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 VwsczYN

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 MpcAdBy

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 RrpjArc

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 WIpcmnK

TESTING BLUE INK'S REACTION TO UV LIGHT VERSUS SHARPIE

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 IGKVrsM

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 G0afE3z

BLUE INK WASH

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 Ke4ezR9

SHARPIE INK

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 CM5jVdL

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 Vdt1JOv

HOT GLUE FILLING AND SCULPTING

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 Bc5OO1B

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 SHifRT5

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 RhnXdyx

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 OeVE03u

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 VrpJwyE

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 4E1EGAi

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 35KXyXx

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 QjmdV4B

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 8iD6aB6

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 LJDFUQy

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 ZRAs5Ky

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Well that was 20 something pics posted together and it worked, must have something to do with adding text in between pics?

SHAPING THE CREST

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 YD3nFWK

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 TuWe3np

INK WASH APPLIED TO MASK AND TESTED WITH UV LIGHT

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 JQRQi3W

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 Ai6zpcT

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 HNYb39n

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 RX0teVG

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 Uevjtt6

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 H1HCwHG

BELT SANDER SAVED A LOT OF WORK! LOL

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 QQE8PkV

STILL NEEDS A LOT OF TIDYING UP UP BY HAND WITH A SCALPEL, FILES AND SANDPAPER THOUGH..

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 JVx8aBM

HAS TO BE ROUGHED UP FOR BLACK PAINT ANYWAY.

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 V9i8uZa

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 KnxxBAj

AGES LATER...

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 J1JO8eS

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 XmG8Fm0

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 WnnubpK

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 ODcy9DL

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 VEBKjNw

TRANSPLANT AWAITS...

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 FCeRM9h

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 UDZS5E8

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 ZfSF7w6

COMPARISON WITH SSC DOME

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 Uzkn6Q8

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 TnXlyCw

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 Su8Q3c6

INNER RIBS ETC ON THE CLEAR PIECE HAD TO BE REMOVED WITH DREMEL, SCALPEL, SANDPAPER ETC..

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 UZzqn3E

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice work, looks just right when lit.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Nice work, looks just right when lit.

Cheers! Hopefully will have improved upon that now too. Swapped out some of the 'translucent' material for some transparent blue, not easy as the curves barely line up anywhere due to the different scales and moulds etc.. but used super and hot glue to mesh them together then painted it all with blue ink. I've just painted the basics of electricity/Force Lightning patterns with black liquid latex as a mask to preserve the translucent blue from the coat of black to come later, basically it looks arse-backwards now colour wise. I'll improve on the lightning effects later by carefully scraping away black paint using a scribe, the latex was very runny, the brush was not the best (tend to get destroyed by latex so chose an expendable one just in case) plus my hand's a bit shaky.
Also made a two part mould of the skull with spine using reusable Vinamold (cut it up and microwave it 15 seconds at a time between stirring, never overcook!! Morphs into a giant foaming monster that stinks the house out and needs a hose outside to control, I did it once..) the postman literally just delivered the 2 part crystal clear resin which I'll mix up later, takes 24hrs to cure which is pretty long compared to easyFlo 60. Hopefully the mould making pics will be of some use to our younger members who might not have learned this craft due to 3D printing.

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 UTRyF8C

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 QdAcJsa

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 BfHdNtE

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 Ww3LMB6

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 MUEYXYa

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 0g2OwHl

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 2RF5Zqq

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 K09X9fI

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 KUSEXHv

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 HuIQ8nx

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 Ho5uQ1L

YEAH NEEDED A LOT OF HOT GLUE TO SEAL ALL THE GAPS BEFORE TRIMMING IT DOWN/OFF WITH A SCALPEL.

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 HQVUGyL

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 PbV3pKt

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 2x61wQc

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 PDArFoz

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 KnTvkuT

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 53ZtFUu

BLUE INK

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 PoqlMmI

shovelchop81

shovelchop81

REALLY HARD TO BALANCE EVERYTHING TOGETHER ON A TORCH HEAD!

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 MDTGTqE

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 N3uMA04

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 Ohg6L1f

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 I5WgAxm

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 KzQBdgP

STILL A BLOODY GAP! FIXED IT THOUGH WITH SUPER GLUE.

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 1nAeiB0

OH YEAH, TINNED OUT THE SHRUNKEN VINYL ARMOUR PIECE THAT I MIGHT USE BITS OF WITH DOUBLE SIDED TAPE OR MAYBE SOME E-PANEL ON THE ARMOUR TO LIGHT IT UP. TOUGH STUFF! THOUGH IT WOULD TAKE A FEW SECONDS ON THE SANDER, NOPE ABOUT 20 MINUTES ON THE SANDER AND GRINDER!

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 KO5aBr8

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 ZFNqQFY

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 9tP7E2p

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 UOcPbwi

FORCING IT TO COOL INTO THE CORRECT SHAPE TO FIT ON THE SSC ARMOUR. IT'S THE ONLY VINYL PART THAT SHRANK TO THE CORRECT SCALE!!

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 4yA33nq

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 8OeglaO

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 IJr0VxW

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 5eCa10i

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 4Xxnpus

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 SLFPJSz

LATEX MASKING

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 ZMDusmh

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 Z8Rjyd1

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 IAdPLBd

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 AKUb4ge

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 CSdfj4N

SHOULD END UP SOMETHING LIKE THIS WHEN ALL IS FINISHED..

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 JEcWsjd

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 GnIwOxG

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 TdLryNo

MAKING A MOULD WITH VINAMOLD AND PLASTICINE

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 0u9cTCV

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 Aav0u1s

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 IG4rYDL

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 Jh9xdAI

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 Qmjze8C

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 G2rYt6V

Zes

Zes
Oh, very nice! I'm excited to see what the skull+spine recast looks like.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
This is so ambitious and complex. I'm glad you have the ingenuity and the patience to see it through.

Diana

Diana
Admirable and (awe) inspiring as always. Smile

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
That’s pretty damn cool.interested to see how you integrate the skull and helmet with the lights. Neat stuff.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 1f10

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Zes wrote:Oh, very nice! I'm excited to see what the skull+spine recast looks like.

Cheers! We'll find out in about 4 hours!

GubernatorFan wrote:This is so ambitious and complex. I'm glad you have the ingenuity and the patience to see it through.

Thanks! Well it's definitely got the 'fiddly point' of the build with electronics next..

Diana wrote:Admirable and (awe) inspiring as always. Smile

Cheers Diana!

Stryker2012 wrote:That’s pretty damn cool.interested to see how you integrate the skull and helmet with the lights. Neat stuff.

I'm just hoping we can actually see it after all this lol!

Mixed the new crystal resin and got it in the mould hopefully without any air gaps!! Took forever, even warmed up the resin is like treacle so it takes ages to go in and ages for the air blocks to come to the top to be popped! Not sure if it will be UV reactive or not but I just remembered I still have some clear coat that is glow in the dark blue and reacts to UV really well with a bright blue (I used this on my Mordor Realm Witchking scratch build to get that ethereal glow/look). I've been experimenting using loads of stuff to try and get the lightning of the helmet to look right, I knew it would be tricky but it's quite a challenge with all the variables involved: different materials, layered materials, joints/seams, lights on, lights off etc..

SPRAYED BLACK FIRST OF COURSE.

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 ZrFmpaR

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 YtUAzLd

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 WkJ8FzO

COMPARISON TO SSC HELMET

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 Pxe722x

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 NXZNKmE

LATEX RUBBED OFF

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 LOKZy9Y

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 4iZAuRX

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 IhLHwq6

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 I6g4Kwa

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 BCC61XW

LIT UP WITH UV

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 AOqxZd2

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 Cr0RR6V

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 JPh9fJE

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 Vg6frKC

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 XW7av0K

BALANCED ON BODY

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 AnbmF3K

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 Jvg0fK5

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 ChPfixf

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 15FcCWY

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 FfLNI4h

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 NsMO8yB

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
TRYING TO GET A DECENT ELECTRICAL PATTERN AND GOING DOWN A RABBIT HOLE!

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 BXBDflN

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 OHRxMIB

MORE LIKE CUBISM!

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 HTVOKrj

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 8p5bnuT

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 38J3r9M

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 JfeDmuL

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 D0st57D

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 BuBs6fA

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 V6yjCFk

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 Gb9dWIw

MAKING IT A BIT MORE 'NATURAL' LOOKING OR MARBLEISED.

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 HZxr5eI

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 Svcd98q

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 Bzj8ObN

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 Y1aERSQ

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 MNrNjyL

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 PUjbehK

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 BJ59pjM

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 PpjNozE

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 Ps98dE8

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 FlvzccD

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 YsUgfsl

READY TO TRY THIS

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 8ZA0vwz

I ALSO RECENTLY BOUGHT A DREMEL ENGRAVING MACHINE BUT IT'S NOISY AS HELL! THE CATS AND NEIGHBOURS WILL GO MENTAL AND i HAVE AN EAR INFECTION! YAY! BUT I DO HAVE NOISE CANCELLING HEADPHONES...I WONDER IF EITHER WILL WORK?

THE MOULD WAITING TO BE OPENED IN 3 HOURS NOW...

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 KIkjW6j

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 KGuHCtG

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 HuOXudy

EXCESS RESIN POURED IN THIS MOULD, SUPER CLEAR!!

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 GtwL73V

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I don't know how you are going to get it just right for what you have in mind, but they are all very artistic!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:I don't know how you are going to get it just right for what you have in mind, but they are all very artistic!

Is that a polite way of saying messy? Very Happy
How did you read and post this so fast? did you see the second batch of pics above? Just curious, took me an hour to just post this stuff! Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:I don't know how you are going to get it just right for what you have in mind, but they are all very artistic!

How did you read and post this so fast? did you see the second batch of pics above? Just curious, took me an hour to just post this stuff! Smile
No, artistic. I don't know exactly how you want it to turn out, but each of these looks great from that perspective.
I had read and was about to respond to the first post, when you posted the second, which still inspired the same response...

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:

No, artistic. I don't know exactly how you want it to turn out, but each of these looks great from that perspective.
I had read and was about to respond to the first post, when you posted the second, which still inspired the same response...

LO! Cheers! I want some white in there but white paint will be black shadow when lit, scratching is too regular and linear, also not very controllable as you can see above so hopefully the engraver will solve those problems..

Diana

Diana
I thoroughly enjoy your exploration and experiments. I would probably have gone for fewer more precisely placed lighting lines, but it'll probably all make more sense when it all comes together and it's a matter of taste, too, after all. Your techniques are genius as usual. Very Happy

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Diana wrote:I thoroughly enjoy your exploration and experiments. I would probably have gone for fewer more precisely placed lighting lines, but it'll probably all make more sense when it all comes together and it's a matter of taste, too, after all. Your techniques are genius as usual. Very Happy

Since you're German I'd expect no less than perfect functional lightning lines! (I'm not referring to certain infamous insignia) but that your's would make more sense and be more practical, less chaotic and messy than mine; I love German leatherwork! It's always been the highlight and centerpieces on their chopper motorcycles!
So I used the engraver in the end (very new to this) it's like a tattoo machine and I was designing those 30 years ago (went to the Berlin Tattoo festival back then to promote my design too), I think I've got the result I want now, we'll see how the clear UV reactive paint works on a sample area before I commit to that.

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 7YC1Wn0

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 FptdFld

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 ZDl2zYq

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 4dLSEre

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 EV06UV8

I'LL TIDY UP THE FRAYED ENDS AND BORDERS

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 BWeuooZ

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 Wf9sAXx

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 RUGF3tI

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 W62eFqm

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 Opu5mbA

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 UoMSgOE

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 0tNsAoe

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 CSboADL

I'LL BE REMOVING SOME EXTRA PLASTIC TO ALLOW THE CREST TO GLOW TOO.

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 1ASWUzV

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 EsIqOT1

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 UGvmYVE

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That force lighting sure did a job on poor Vader. Smile With the added detail, looks more organic. Glorious effect, especially when lit up from within.
You are going for a more authentic effect than the film, where I'm pretty sure the split second reveal was superimposed by special effects.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:That force lighting sure did a job on poor Vader. Smile With the added detail, looks more organic. Glorious effect, especially when lit up from within.
You are going for a more authentic effect than the film, where I'm pretty sure the split second reveal was superimposed by special effects.

Cheers! Yeah in the movie it's kind of rough almost 'marker pen on cellophane' type effects even though it was created with CGI in the 'updated trilogy' but you only see it for a split second whereas I'll be looking at this version on a daily basis! LOL. Just about to open the mould, fingers crossed.

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 JtKZQ8A

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 Qrq48QP

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 SphGXQp

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 4DU2HnL

I'm doing a mix of the two styles

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 O2nDeBK

Love this pic, very Derek Riggs Iron Maiden single/album cover art like:

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 1Op8lkO

Grew up on his artwork, love it! There are my renditions of it all over school furniture etc... lol

Three New Darth Vader Figures (LAST TWEAKS TO EMPEROR'S DEATH DIO) & Dio Builds For Them 1) Bespin Gantry Scene 2) Force Lightning Killing Emperor Scene 3) Meditation Chamber Scene. - Page 3 KOsAyvD

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
This is coming along pretty cool. Like the electrical pattern on the helmet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum