OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Wars Darth Vader Customs

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

21kitbash - Star Wars Darth Vader Customs - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Darth Vader Customs Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:32 pm

skywalkersaga

GubernatorFan wrote:I've just looked at the prices on eBay and they are infernal. You might be better off kitbashing. Curiously, this Sideshow Vader (version 2) is being sold as  Hot Toys ROTJ Vader... at this link

Yes... I almost cried in despair, lol. I couldn't believe how expensive the Rogue One Vader was. Crying or Very sad

And ha... I guess some people just stick 'Hot Toys' onto their listings to get more hits. ;p

22kitbash - Star Wars Darth Vader Customs - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Darth Vader Customs Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:39 am

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Nice analysis and breakdown, Ian. Now I see why so many people complain about Vader being inaccurate, but I honestly am not that picky. I applaud your dedication to making him/them as perfect as possible. I don’t have even one Vader, yet, as I’m waiting — perhaps foolishly — for HT to make ROTJ Vader with face reveal of the “real” Annakin (sorry sky) — but to say I’m worried the price is going to be around $400 when it finally does arrive is an understatement. Maybe, if I’m lucky, if/when they do announce, I’ll be able to snag a SS Deluxe ROTJ Vader for a reasonable price. I guess it depends on how good the HT version looks.

23kitbash - Star Wars Darth Vader Customs - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Darth Vader Customs Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:24 am

skywalkersaga

Stryker2011 wrote:Nice analysis and breakdown, Ian. Now I see why so many people complain about Vader being inaccurate, but I honestly am not that picky. I applaud your dedication to making him/them as perfect as possible. I don’t have even one Vader, yet, as I’m waiting — perhaps foolishly — for HT to make ROTJ Vader with face reveal of the “real” Annakin (sorry sky) — but to say I’m worried the price is going to be around $400 when it finally does arrive is an understatement. Maybe, if I’m lucky, if/when they do announce, I’ll be able to snag a SS Deluxe ROTJ Vader for a reasonable price. I guess it depends on how good the HT version looks.

No need to apologize, Stryker -- I'm waiting for the exact same version! :') When I say I am a huge Anakin fan, I am always including the original Sebastian Shaw Anakin, as well. When I was a little kid, one fateful night I snuck downstairs while my dad was watching Return of the Jedi, and it just so happened to be toward the end -- the moment when Luke removes Vader’s mask. My reaction was part horror, part sadness, and part awe...but I was not afraid. Rather, I wondered 'who is this poor guy and what happened to him??' I had instant empathy for the pitiful creature before me. That was my very first introduction to Star Wars, and forms the heart of my interest in and understanding of the story to this day. 

So yeah, RotJ Vader is one of my grail figures, for sure. I love you

24kitbash - Star Wars Darth Vader Customs - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Darth Vader Customs Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:08 pm

Ovy

skywalkersaga wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice analysis and breakdown, Ian. Now I see why so many people complain about Vader being inaccurate, but I honestly am not that picky. I applaud your dedication to making him/them as perfect as possible. I don’t have even one Vader, yet, as I’m waiting — perhaps foolishly — for HT to make ROTJ Vader with face reveal of the “real” Annakin (sorry sky) — but to say I’m worried the price is going to be around $400 when it finally does arrive is an understatement. Maybe, if I’m lucky, if/when they do announce, I’ll be able to snag a SS Deluxe ROTJ Vader for a reasonable price. I guess it depends on how good the HT version looks.

No need to apologize, Stryker -- I'm waiting for the exact same version! :') When I say I am a huge Anakin fan, I am always including the original Sebastian Shaw Anakin, as well. When I was a little kid, one fateful night I snuck downstairs while my dad was watching Return of the Jedi, and it just so happened to be toward the end -- the moment when Luke removes Vader’s mask. My reaction was part horror, part sadness, and part awe...but I was not afraid. Rather, I wondered 'who is this poor guy and what happened to him??' I had instant empathy for the pitiful creature before me. That was my very first introduction to Star Wars, and forms the heart of my interest in and understanding of the story to this day. 

So yeah, RotJ Vader is one of my grail figures, for sure. I love you

That is one cool anecdote! Maybe you wouldn't be there if little You didn't take the risk that night!

Don't remember what I thought when I saw him like that first. My Star Wars introduction where four PEZ-Dispensers with the faces of Stormtrooper, C3PO, Chewie and Darth. I thought C3PO was the warrior hero type, Chewie a monster villian and Darth some evil robot dude. Not sure how I saw the stormtrooper, some robot.
I drew a lot of pictures of them until I saw the first movie, not knowing what all of this was about.

The only differences I knew between the film Vaders: The helmet is shiny in part two!
Seeing three of them together makes me think that somewhere there must be/must have been a child that thougt Vaders were the grunts and the Stormtrooper was the Evil Lord of all Evilness. Or the good guy.

25kitbash - Star Wars Darth Vader Customs - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Darth Vader Customs Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:47 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
LOL, Ovy, that's so cute about the pez dispensers. It is indeed funny how our child-minds perceive things. C-3p0 as a heroic warrior figure is just a precious mental image. ;D

And yeah.... I may not have realized it fully at the time, but stumbling in on that scene seems to have had quite a deep and lasting effect on my psyche. :'D

26kitbash - Star Wars Darth Vader Customs - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Darth Vader Customs Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:35 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very cool that you have so many versions of Darth! I'm not sure which one I like the best, they all look so good. I really like the set up pics you have done with the other figures too! They look amazing!

27kitbash - Star Wars Darth Vader Customs - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Darth Vader Customs Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:24 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:Very cool that you have so many versions of Darth! I'm not sure which one I like the best, they all look so good. I really like the set up pics you have done with the other figures too! They look amazing!

Thank you very much. They do look good, but I believe I have made them look just a little better, more specifically by continuing to tinker with the ESB version. Take a look at this thread, if you're interested -- and thank you for inadvertently reminding me to link the two threads:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2918-star-wars-new-customizing-hot-toys-esb-vader-head

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum