OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Preferred bodies for smaller heads (ie. YM Toys)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Annc711

I got 2 new YM toys heads this week, and they both look odd on the bodies I have. They are slightly too small fpr my s16a. The only body I have that is smaller is the s44, which they are a bit too big on. Is there anything between the 2 that works well for YM Toys? Small neck connector is not a big deal…I can just use sticky foam to get it to fit. I have a Jiaou 10C here that is a good size, but the ball on the neck connector appears to be a bit too big, so the head won’t fit.
Suggestions? I need a pale skin and a suntan skin.

madnug

madnug
for TBL in between the s16 and S44 would be S34/S35 but the assets are big for the body and the feet are Attached.

Jiaou doll would be JOQ19B and JOQ15C

JOQ19B is small girl body, will fit small or young face HS like I8toys HS or anime HS
JOQ15c is more to standard bodies with narrow shoulders..

For Jiaou you need to do some research to pick what color to match the head.. since their options of colors is more than TBL

Annc711

For Jiaou, I know that thr KT skin is a goid match for tbl suntan. I am not a huge fan of the feet and hands on Jiaou though. I have yet to be able to get the high heel feet on my Jiaou body. They just won’t go on. I gave up because I was afraid that I would break her joint.

madnug

madnug
you need to scrape the inner part to be bigger to easily fit, using a dremel or a file would work..

or yo can heat up the feet using hair drier or dip in hot water, but you will have a hard time removing it later on, and need to do the same process to avoid breaking a joint, since its tight once fitted.

the best is widen the inside of the feet

jIAOU KT color is a bit to light yellow brown, BS01 New Wheat would be closer to TBL new Suntan color.

Annc711

I done all of that, and still cannot get them on. I just gave up.

davidd

davidd
Preferred bodies for smaller heads (ie. YM Toys) 53104031870_408e62b4b0
YMT058A head on TBLeague S26A "petite" body

Preferred bodies for smaller heads (ie. YM Toys) 50974946637_dc2cd3d2fe
YMT032B head on TBLeague S37A "anime" body

Preferred bodies for smaller heads (ie. YM Toys) 50968046607_3b413b27a7
YMT029B head on TBLeague S35A "teen" body

Preferred bodies for smaller heads (ie. YM Toys) 50945282372_c484e69c8f
YMT027B head on TBLeague S35A "teen" body

Preferred bodies for smaller heads (ie. YM Toys) 53459750528_429726690d
YMT029C head on TBLeague S35A "teen" body

In my experience, the YMToys heads seem to fit best on bodies that are more slim.

The YMToys heads will work on the "petite" S26/27 bodies, but can appear slightly oversized.

The YMToys heads usually work well on the "anime" bodies, S36/37.

The YMToys heads nearly always look good on the "teen" body, S34/35. This body has attached feet.

The S44/45 body is even smaller than the S26/27 and does not work for YMToys heads. I know because I tried. I was hoping to fit the YMT029C (blonde surfer girl) head pictured above on either an S44/45 or an S41/42, but it was too large.

Annc711

YMT058a is one of the heads I received this week! Have you got it on a suntan body? Appears to match suntan. I actually gave it on an s45a right now, but had to add some foam on the ball connector because of the small connector. The s26a has a small connector as well, right? This head is an odd one because it seems too tight for the standard connector. I cannot get it on any of my bodies with a standard connector.

davidd

davidd
Here is another picture of the YMT058a on the S26 body:

Preferred bodies for smaller heads (ie. YM Toys) 52409976914_9d29d9976a

I do not have the figure near at hand right now to check. but if I am recalling correctly, the head seems a little bit dark for the pale body I have it on, so the S27b (tan) version might work better. I am using the body fully clothed, so the difference is not obvious or distracting.

The head is probably slightly oversized for the S26/27 body, but the added bulk of clothing compensates for the slight scale discrepancy.

Annc711

It actually appears to be an almost perfect match for the suntan. I have it on s45 right now and the tone match is pretty close. That being said, the head is too big for s45, which is a very small body. Do you think she would work on the teen body? That is the one I currently have in my Giantoy cart,

davidd

davidd
Annc711 wrote:Do you think she would  work on the teen body?  That is the one I currently have in my Giantoy cart,  

As you can see above, I have the 027 and 029 heads on the S35A (suntan) body, and both heads work well on that body. I have not tried the 058a head on the S35A body, but I would assume it will work both for size and color.

Annc711

Thanks for the info! This really helps with my decision.

Diana

Diana
I have the YMT016 Ming on the S17B. Of course it is a matter of taste, but I really like the proportions.

Preferred bodies for smaller heads (ie. YM Toys) B1ad0f10
Preferred bodies for smaller heads (ie. YM Toys) 398b8b10

Valiarde

Valiarde
what kind of fabric body is that? did you make that?

Annc711

Diana wrote:I have the YMT016 Ming on the S17B. Of course it is a matter of taste, but I really like the proportions.

Preferred bodies for smaller heads (ie. YM Toys) B1ad0f10
Preferred bodies for smaller heads (ie. YM Toys) 398b8b10

I have a YMT089 on s16a and it looks good, but her sculpt is a bit bigger for YM sculpts. I tried the other s on it and they were too small.

Diana

Diana
Valiarde wrote:what kind of fabric body is that? did you make that?

That was my experiment with kinetic tape stuck directly onto the body (bad idea). I still intend to revisit that idea, but with a full body cat suit underneath.

Annc711 wrote:I have a YMT089 on s16a and it looks good, but her sculpt is a bit bigger for YM sculpts.  I tried the other s on it and they were too small.  
Ah, understood. I do have a few other YMT heads. Soonish I will add photos to the head-with-TBL-body thread, but life is wonderfully but ridiculously busy right now. I'll need at least a couple more weeks.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
If the YMT heads look slightly too big on the TBLeague S26A/S27B, it should be logical to look to the slightly less petite S24A/S25B (where A is pale, B is suntan) for a decent match.

Diana

Diana
Here is a size comparison of all models. That should help. ^^

Preferred bodies for smaller heads (ie. YM Toys) Tbl_co12

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum