OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rooted hair color for Samwise?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rooted hair color for Samwise? Empty Rooted hair color for Samwise? Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:41 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
It is so hard to find the correct hair color for Samwise Gamgee. I want to root my hobbits and his hair is driving me crazy haha

Just look at these pics, he could be anything from reddish blonde to ashblonde to dark blonde with lighter end tips

Rooted hair color for Samwise? 73778247a0245be09079f9a7fd79b777

Rooted hair color for Samwise? 9fa07acdccff88106ce100dec8e09cf08708ee5d

Rooted hair color for Samwise? Sean-Astin-staring-as-Sam-Gamgee-Lord-of-the-Rings

Here are some possible options:
Rooted hair color for Samwise? Screen51

drunken

2Rooted hair color for Samwise? Empty Re: Rooted hair color for Samwise? Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:43 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Somewhere between honey blond and strawberry blond, perhaps?

It's a problem we also run into when re-hairing Anakin.... you have to mix the colours....

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

3Rooted hair color for Samwise? Empty Re: Rooted hair color for Samwise? Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:44 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I would go with "honey blonde." Morezmore had something like that which she called "brown sugar," is memory serves. But it might have been ever so slightly too dark (have to find it again). Anyway, it is dark blond, not too yellow or vivid, and slightly reddish.

4Rooted hair color for Samwise? Empty Re: Rooted hair color for Samwise? Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:52 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I agree with Sky. You might have to mix colors. If you go by the top photo, Auburn would be the closest match.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Rooted hair color for Samwise? 1f10

5Rooted hair color for Samwise? Empty Re: Rooted hair color for Samwise? Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:54 pm

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
I wonder about a natural goat/mohair, they have more natural variation of colours and a bit of curl, if you don’t mind using it: like this? https://www.etsy.com/nz/listing/1651906882/natural-curls-of-goats-for-handmade?click_key=e37d6be1e822f8dbbe4ba10bb4d4db29d514460f%3A1651906882&click_sum=e5aafed4&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=doll+hair+mohair+goat&ref=sr_gallery-1-28&organic_search_click=1

6Rooted hair color for Samwise? Empty Re: Rooted hair color for Samwise? Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:02 am

Diana

Diana
I would probably go with the strawberry blonde and dirty it up a bit to dull it down. The mohair looks great, too! 

But I've never done this so I have no clue. What a Face

7Rooted hair color for Samwise? Empty Re: Rooted hair color for Samwise? Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:22 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Oh somehow the board didn't show me new answers yesterday. And then I looked into the thread and found so many suggestions already!
Thanks so much for the comments my friends Smile

skywalkersaga wrote:Somewhere between honey blond and strawberry blond, perhaps?
It's a problem we also run into when re-hairing Anakin.... you have to mix the colours....

Yeah that was my initial though: a mix between honey and strawberry! Nice that the first comment had the same thought.
And yeah, finding correct colors of hair and eye colors can be a daunting task. So many different lightings and screencaps during a movie.

GubernatorFan wrote:I would go with "honey blonde." Morezmore had something like that which she called "brown sugar," is memory serves. But it might have been ever so slightly too dark (have to find it again). Anyway, it is dark blond, not too yellow or vivid, and slightly reddish.

Brown sugar looks also very promising imo! Looked into it. MAybe mixed with a bit lighter color too?
Thank you Ian

Stryker2012 wrote:I agree with Sky. You might have to mix colors. If you go by the top photo, Auburn would be the closest match.

I agree, top photo looks very much auburn...but I think I want more blonde. But it would be an option if you want to do the reddish version of him.

Tanzenwolfe wrote:I wonder about a natural goat/mohair, they have more natural variation of colours and a bit of curl, if you don’t mind using it: like this? https://www.etsy.com/nz/listing/1651906882/natural-curls-of-goats-for-handmade?click_key=e37d6be1e822f8dbbe4ba10bb4d4db29d514460f%3A1651906882&click_sum=e5aafed4&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=doll+hair+mohair+goat&ref=sr_gallery-1-28&organic_search_click=1

Looks also very promising, Thank you for the suggestion, I already ordered some colors from two different shops and will look at the in hand colors. If nothing is to my liking, I will opt buying the ones from your link. Thanks!!

Diana wrote:I would probably go with the strawberry blonde and dirty it up a bit to dull it down. The mohair looks great, too! 

But I've never done this so I have no clue. What a Face

Dirtying it up seems like another option. Thanks for the input...Another friend also thought strawberry blonde would be the way to go.
I will wait for the in hand colors of some of the stuff I oredered from etsy and will come back to this thread

Smile

8Rooted hair color for Samwise? Empty Re: Rooted hair color for Samwise? Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:45 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I don't recall his hair being so red in the films, that still might be tinted a bit. I would definitely just go for several colours and mix to get the right look -- that is how I remember some of the professional 1/6 hair customisers would do it. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum