OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clothing help- swapping from male to female (DAM/Minitime/Easy&Simple kit and equipment)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

onesixthwhopperjunior

Hello everyone, I'm new to this hobby. I'm wondering if equipment and clothes from male military figure kits can be used on female body. For example, I plan to build something around the Verycool 1/6 female figure, but I find that the variety of specialized/specific outfits to be lackluster.

Would male clothing look too baggy from combat shirts to jackets if they were transferred over to a female body? Or will the platecarriers and vests hide some of the slack?

I read in passing that Old Dragon and BBI had slimmer fitted clothing and equipment. I intend on getting the various phicen sized female bodies as base, and the theme of the fits would be the elite modern military series from DAM, but I believe Minitime or Easy&Simple are also on the table in terms of the kits I want to bash.

Diana

Diana
Hello onesixthwhopperjunior,
I am no military collector so I can not comment, but I'm sure somebody else will.

Welcome to the forum! Very Happy

madnug

madnug
onesixthwhopperjunior wrote:Hello everyone, I'm new to this hobby. I'm wondering if equipment and clothes from male military figure kits can be used on female body. For example, I plan to build something around the Verycool 1/6 female figure, but I find that the variety of specialized/specific outfits to be lackluster.

Would male clothing look too baggy from combat shirts to jackets if they were transferred over to a female body? Or will the platecarriers and vests hide some of the slack?

I read in passing that Old Dragon and BBI had slimmer fitted clothing and equipment. I intend on getting the various phicen sized female bodies as base, and the theme of the fits would be the elite modern military series from DAM, but I believe Minitime or Easy&Simple are also on the table in terms of the kits I want to bash.

I would advise against it, as male figures like dam, minitimes and E&S have bigger build bodies and taller too for male.
at least the clothing wont fit and look too big on the sleeves and pants, even if you have chest harness/ vest on which are from male figures.

Even if you use them on large TBLEAGUE bodies like S42/43/46/47/52/53 they wont fit in the right length. Like the paddings on the elbows and knee pads will not be at the right position on female bodies.

Most female clothes are tapered or cut at the right angle to fit female bodies, mostly at the chest and at he waist area.

what you can use are the small equipment, like belts, holsters, bandoliers glasses but u will also need to do some adjustment since most military figures equipment can be adjusted.
For a snug fit you might have to modify a bit, cutting and gluing will do the job.

its best to hunt female clothes uniform parted from boxset DAM,VC,Flagset and other.. they will fit better on plastic body/hybrid body/ seamless body..

here's my Female Soldier using Dam uniform and Verycool Uniform. these are the baggiest uniform i have, but they are for or from female bodies figures.
Clothing help- swapping from male to female (DAM/Minitime/Easy&Simple kit and equipment) Fs410

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum