OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tbleague s23b - looking for compatible head sculpts - preferably with SDH022B - does it fit well? Suggestions or alternatives please?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Azer

Hi all,

I've been lurking for a bit and made an account to ask this, would very much appreciate the help. I'm new to this hobby of 1/6 scale figure collecting and I'm looking to make my first 'kitbash' 1/6 scale figure. I'm ideally focusing towards an 'elegant female tactical assassin' look with a black dress, holster, tactical vest of some sort. That kind of thing. But first, I need a head sculpt and body to start (of course).  

I have my eyes on a SDH022B head sculpt from Super Duck and I would like to know if it fits nicely with a TBLeague S23B? Any advice or suggestions is welcomed, as this will be my first ‘custom’ figure. I'm also open-minded to look for other / alternative TBLeague body's that are compatible with a SDH022B head sculpt, or vice versa.

Many thanks,
Azer

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Hi there, welcome to the forum!

I don't personally own this headsculpt, so not sure about the exact fit, but it looks like someone here has used it on some of the larger bodies , so presumably it would fit the s23b (which is what I would consider a 'regular' or standard size tbleague body):

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3061-new-product-super-duck-1-6-sdh022-female-head-carving-abc-three

That being said, I am just a bit unsure about the skintone matching.... it could be that it matches a pale body better than a suntan.

Also, the s23b (or s22a, if pale) are nice bodies, but very noticeably muscular. Like, almost body-builder level muscles. So you would need to decide if that suits your 'elegant' vibe or not.

From the looks of the head, I think it would potentially fit any of the regular to larger-sized tbleague bodies, just not the really petite ones (like s25b, s27b, etc). But probably needs someone who owns it to confirm...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Diana

Diana
Welcome to the forum, Azer! Very Happy 

Sky raised lots of really good points! I can only agree. 

I checked the topic for the head and it states that a suntan body is recommended, so in terms of skin color you're good with the 23B. 

I don't own this head either, but here is another Super Duck head on a 23B:

Tbleague s23b - looking for compatible head sculpts - preferably with SDH022B - does it fit well? Suggestions or alternatives please? Sdh04110

Maybe that helps a little, together with the images in the thread Sky posted.

Azer

skywalkersaga wrote:Hi there, welcome to the forum!

I don't personally own this headsculpt, so not sure about the exact fit, but it looks like someone here has used it on some of the larger bodies , so presumably it would fit the s23b (which is what I would consider a 'regular' or standard size tbleague body):

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3061-new-product-super-duck-1-6-sdh022-female-head-carving-abc-three

That being said, I am just a bit unsure about the skintone matching.... it could be that it matches a pale body better than a suntan.

Also, the s23b (or s22a, if pale) are nice bodies, but very noticeably muscular. Like, almost body-builder level muscles. So you would need to decide if that suits your 'elegant' vibe or not.

From the looks of the head, I think it would potentially fit any of the regular to larger-sized tbleague bodies, just not the really petite ones (like s25b, s27b, etc). But probably needs someone who owns it to confirm...

That is actually great to know about the S25B, which at some point I was considering, but now you've cleared this up. Thank you! I won't be going for it. I think I will go with a 'suntan' version of S23B, it might work as the picture provided by Diana has made me a bit more confident in this. However...

I also have discovered that a S12D fits SDH022B very well from some other two online sources out there. I could get a S12D with a good price from where I'm from, but I'm still conflicted over the S23B. Which I will be spending a bit more money on, not by much though. So, I don't really mind. I heard that even though they are both 'suntan' they have a slight shade to each other, but I suppose that won't matter? Not sure by how much slight 'shade' difference will effect the look of the head sculpt (based on S23B or S12D)

The 'elegant' look with a muscular appearance is fine with me as long as most 1/6 scale outfits fit for it. I can see your point about the muscular S23B may not give that 'elegant' vibe but I suppose I'm basing on that assassins can be athletic, so I don't mind it. However I also want a tactical vest to go over the dress, boots, maybe stockings. While I've been thinking about it more, the theme would be more like an 'assassin / female agent' type vibe more so.

Finding fitting clothing will be the next challenge. I have seen a few already, but unsure if they will fit the body types I'm looking at (S23B or S12D). I know the S23B is medium bust and S12D is large, but based on the size comparison chart that I found online, bust size is not too far off from each other, despite S23B being 'medium' and S12D being 'large'. I think S12D is also a older model, right?

Any thoughts on outfit 'kitbash' compatibility. Will most outfits fit S23B and S12D for example?

Thank you again for your reply, it's been helpful!

Diana wrote:Welcome to the forum, Azer! Very Happy 

Sky raised lots of really good points! I can only agree. 

I checked the topic for the head and it states that a suntan body is recommended, so in terms of skin color you're good with the 23B. 

I don't own this head either, but here is another Super Duck head on a 23B:

Tbleague s23b - looking for compatible head sculpts - preferably with SDH022B - does it fit well? Suggestions or alternatives please? Sdh04110

Maybe that helps a little, together with the images in the thread Sky posted.

This is a great reference image, thank you! I might try to find a Super Duck SDH022B but can only find knock offs. This has given me more confidence with my order due to being the same brand etc. Just need to find the real ones...

Now I need a body to match, I'm still considering a S23B and your reference picture gives me confidence that it fits fine etc. I know it's a different head sculpt but being it's the same brand it shouldn't make much difference in color, because both are suntan, right? I'm also now looking at a S12D. I'm kind of torn between them now as I've also recently seen two online sources with a S12D and SDH022B together, they seem to match perfectly. Still deciding on the body. S23B or S12D for a SDH022B

Thank you again for your reply, it's been helpful!

Diana

Diana
Even within the same model there can be slight shade variation, probably due to different production batches. But the differences are quite minimal. 

I don't think I own an S12D so I can't comment on the compatibility with clothes.

The S23B probably is a little trickier to find pants for, since the legs are so muscular/thick, which to some also look very weird. Very tight jeans might be tricky. 

I think of the S12D as the Tifa body: athletic build but without the muscle, so a softer more classically feminine look. The shoulders are quite wide though, which is great for some outfits, but possibly a little weird looking to some with other outfits. The legs will be easier to find pants for.

It really comes down to taste. 

Ed's Toy Box on flickr has lots of good comparison shots:
https://flic.kr/p/2gLs3sx
https://flic.kr/p/2gLs1TW

madnug

madnug
Azer wrote:Hi all,

I've been lurking for a bit and made an account to ask this, would very much appreciate the help. I'm new to this hobby of 1/6 scale figure collecting and I'm looking to make my first 'kitbash' 1/6 scale figure. I'm ideally focusing towards an 'elegant female tactical assassin' look with a black dress, holster, tactical vest of some sort. That kind of thing. But first, I need a head sculpt and body to start (of course).  

I have my eyes on a SDH022B head sculpt from Super Duck and I would like to know if it fits nicely with a TBLeague S23B? Any advice or suggestions is welcomed, as this will be my first ‘custom’ figure. I'm also open-minded to look for other / alternative TBLeague body's that are compatible with a SDH022B head sculpt, or vice versa.

Many thanks,
Azer

I have some Female soldier Kitbash you can use for reference including the Head u r referring to as well.

The SDH022 variants are suitable for suntan, but it is bright enough to get away on pale

Tbleague s23b - looking for compatible head sculpts - preferably with SDH022B - does it fit well? Suggestions or alternatives please? Fs210
Tbleague s23b - looking for compatible head sculpts - preferably with SDH022B - does it fit well? Suggestions or alternatives please? Fs1a10

depending on the clothes u are going to kitbash it, the s12/10 are much easier to fit clothes on the market, just the chest are might be a bit challenge.
the 23b will hv some issues fitting pants since the thigh area are bigger. even stretchy material can be tight and leave press marks on the body.

Having vest hangging on the body, u need to be mindful of the boob size, the larger the boob the vest will hang further front of the boob and not closer to the upper body.. it will not look good if you going for a snug fitting look.

heres some of my FS kitbash with different bodies you can use for reference to your kitbash

Tbleague s23b - looking for compatible head sculpts - preferably with SDH022B - does it fit well? Suggestions or alternatives please? Fs3a10

madnug

madnug
Diana wrote:Even within the same model there can be slight shade variation, probably due to different production batches. But the differences are quite minimal. 

I don't think I own an S12D so I can't comment on the compatibility with clothes.

The S23B probably is a little trickier to find pants for, since the legs are so muscular/thick, which to some also look very weird. Very tight jeans might be tricky. 

I think of the S12D as the Tifa body: athletic build but without the muscle, so a softer more classically feminine look. The shoulders are quite wide though, which is great for some outfits, but possibly a little weird looking to some with other outfits. The legs will be easier to find pants for.

It really comes down to taste. 

Ed's Toy Box on flickr has lots of good comparison shots:
https://flic.kr/p/2gLs3sx
https://flic.kr/p/2gLs1TW

i think you have S09/S07.
The S10/12, S07/09, S04/S06 have similar sizing, slight/marginal differences are the chest size and position, and butt size S04/S06 is the fullest..

Diana

Diana
madnug wrote:i think you have S09/S07.  
The S10/12, S07/09, S04/S06 have similar sizing, slight/marginal differences are the chest size and position, and butt size S04/S06 is the fullest..

I actually do have an S06, but I haven't shown it here much due to the floppy feet. It's a gorgeous body though.

Those bikini shots are super pretty! Those are S23, S21, S17 and... S12, right? 
I am again positively surprised by the S21. In many pictures her bust looks ridiculously large, but in yours it looks good! I am currently tempted by an offering of Arhian with the S21 body, but I really need my funds elsewhere right now. Crying or Very sad

madnug

madnug
Diana wrote:
madnug wrote:i think you have S09/S07.  

I actually do have an S06, but I haven't shown it here much due to the floppy feet. It's a gorgeous body though.

Those bikini shots are super pretty! Those are S23, S21, S17 and... S12, right? 
I am again positively surprised by the S21. In many pictures her bust looks ridiculously large, but in yours it looks good! I am currently tempted by an offering of Arhian with the S21 body, but I really need my funds elsewhere right now. Crying or Very sad

you are right bout the bodies and the order you named it.

the S21 is not that bad, mostly it is seen as overly large bust since the hips are so narrow.. matching it with right size heads and right posing, shell look just as good as other TBL Bodies

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum