OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Newbie question: Asian retailers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Newbie question: Asian retailers Empty Newbie question: Asian retailers Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:24 pm

Urushi

Urushi
I am just beginning to purchase figures from various retailers, some in EU, some in the US, and some in China / hong Kong. I heard multiple stories on this forum and also on Reddit, about people having mixed lucks with Asian retailers.
Many have pointed Toys Wonderland in HK having troubles meeting the delays. On the other hand I hear positive reactions concerning Giantoy and OneSixthKit.

I recently pre-ordered on Crab Figure (HK) and would like to buy more from them. Can I do it with confidence ?

I would like to know about your experience, which ones do you think are trustworthy, which ones should be taken carefully ?

Thanks for your help !

2Newbie question: Asian retailers Empty Re: Newbie question: Asian retailers Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:25 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I wouldn’t order from Toys Wonderland. Many people got screwed over by them. Your best options for Asian retailers are, of course, onesixthkit and Giantoy (the customer service from both is excellent). Never heard of Crab Figure. I’ve ordered from Toy Panic (Malaysia), but their website is a bit confusing. Sugo Toys in Australia is a good one. Aside from one time I never order from European sellers so I can’t help you there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Newbie question: Asian retailers 1f10

3Newbie question: Asian retailers Empty Re: Newbie question: Asian retailers Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:49 pm

Urushi

Urushi
Stryker2012 wrote:I wouldn’t order from Toys Wonderland. Many people got screwed over by them. Your best options for Asian retailers are, of course, onesixthkit and Giantoy (the customer service from both is excellent). Never heard of Crab Figure. I’ve ordered from Toy Panic (Malaysia), but their website is a bit confusing. Sugo Toys in Australia is a good one. Aside from one time I never order from European sellers so I can’t help you there.

So yes, I ordered from TW a week ago, and the fig still looks stuck in their shop. Ordered from OSK at the same time and the package is already in the flight.
I've also ordered from Machine Gun and LCDN in the EU, with logically no problem since this is my area.

Thanks for mentioning Sugo Toys and Toy Panic as I would probably not have considered them.

4Newbie question: Asian retailers Empty Re: Newbie question: Asian retailers Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:09 pm

Diana

Diana
I order all of my pre-orders from Giantoy and KGHobby.

I am in Germany and order a lot from KGHobby. Their prices including shipping are usually better than anywhere else (this is not the case for people in the US), but for some items (I think mostly Hot Toys) I've had to wait around three months longer.

Interestingly, the JXK animals are cheapest even after release at space-figuren.de!

5Newbie question: Asian retailers Empty Re: Newbie question: Asian retailers Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:02 pm

Urushi

Urushi
Diana wrote:I order all of my pre-orders from Giantoy and KGHobby.

I am in Germany and order a lot from KGHobby. Their prices including shipping are usually better than anywhere else (this is not the case for people in the US), but for some items (I think mostly Hot Toys) I've had to wait around three months longer.

Interestingly, the JXK animals are cheapest even after release at space-figuren.de!

Three months ! For pre-orders or for in stock ? Well, I am lucky Hot Toys doesn't interests me at all Smile
Also, vielen danke, I didn't know about Space Figuren.

6Newbie question: Asian retailers Empty Re: Newbie question: Asian retailers Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:29 am

NavySubGuy

NavySubGuy
I am also somewhat new to this hobby.

I have had fair experiences with Asian (China) dealers. All that I have ordered has arrived (thank goodness), but it has taken up to 3 months with a few and a lot of emails back and forth.

So now I try to stick with only USA based dealers and have 95% success. They may be a few dollars more, but I get the item within 3-5 days and always in perfect shape. On the downside, the selection of clothes, accessories and unique (one-of-a-kind) items cannot always be found here in the US. For example I purchased 3 WOLVES from this guy (100%) feed back

However, there is one Asian dealer that I have had a wonderful experience with and that is with dealer named (nyliyan6688).

Good luck

7Newbie question: Asian retailers Empty Re: Newbie question: Asian retailers Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:09 pm

Urushi

Urushi
@NavySubGuy Oh wow ! He does only animals, thanks for sharing this account.

I'll give an update on my recent experience with 2 different HK retailers:

- One boxed figure ordered from OneSixthKit just arrived only ONE WEEK after I purchased it. I didn't pay no tax and no shipping ! Wow ! And the package was very well protected with hard plastic corners to protect the box. I will definitely order more.

- Another one from Toys Wonderland. As expected, I do have a shipping number but the package is still being prepared (so they say) one week later. They don't answer when I try to get an update.

So, yeah, two completely different stories. I will try Giantoy next.

8Newbie question: Asian retailers Empty Re: Newbie question: Asian retailers Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:28 pm

NavySubGuy

NavySubGuy
Urushi wrote:@NavySubGuy Oh wow ! He does only animals, thanks for sharing this account.

Yes, and they are very good. I purchased one three wolves set to go with my Buzz-Toys: The Witcher Geralt of Rivia Figure. Funny, a lot of folks like the wolves better that Geralt! Rolling Eyes

I have tried to persuade him to do a DRAGON to go with Daenerys Targaryen figure, but he thinks that it would be too large and not necessarily a profitable model.

9Newbie question: Asian retailers Empty Re: Newbie question: Asian retailers Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:38 pm

Kiwi-Paul

I have used Sugo Toys Australia, Ekia Hobbies California and Giantoy China and all gave excellent service and fast postage to me in New Zealand. And I have also bought many items on Ebay from seller tmthobby who has free fast postage.

10Newbie question: Asian retailers Empty Re: Newbie question: Asian retailers Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:32 am

Darth_Hogge

Darth_Hogge
Diana wrote:I order all of my pre-orders from Giantoy and KGHobby.

I agree!
KGHobby had good prices and the shipping is very fast.

In the past I‘ve had a little problem with the Sideshow General grievous (oredered for my son). They have answered quick and offered a good solution.

Until today I‘ve never paid tax. Very Happy

Newbie question: Asian retailers Banner_andreas_haak11

11Newbie question: Asian retailers Empty Re: Newbie question: Asian retailers Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:58 pm

Urushi

Urushi
Everyone, thank you for sharing your experience. I will def keep KGHobby in mind. And also Ekia that I had already spotted because they didn't have the same figures as everyone else.

I finally just received my order from Toys Wonderland. The package was stuck for a week, and when I asked them why, they told me that it came back to them, and they would send it again by UPS. Which they actually did. Ultimately all's well that ends well.
I did have to pay VAT this time (not the case with OSK).

12Newbie question: Asian retailers Empty Re: Newbie question: Asian retailers Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:28 pm

Darth_Hogge

Darth_Hogge
NavySubGuy wrote:
Urushi wrote:@NavySubGuy Oh wow ! He does only animals, thanks for sharing this account.
…I have tried to persuade him to do a DRAGON to go with Daenerys Targaryen figure, but he thinks that it would be too large and not necessarily a profitable model.

Drogon I‘m still searching for my woman, too! Let me know, when you have a provider.

Newbie question: Asian retailers Banner_andreas_haak11

13Newbie question: Asian retailers Empty Re: Newbie question: Asian retailers Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:53 pm

csyeung

csyeung
Giantoy and OSK are my goto stores. I've ordered from KG hobby as well but only on in stock items on sale. You need to add shipping for KG hobby and sometimes it can be cheaper if you buy multiple in stock and just pay the combined shipping price.

14Newbie question: Asian retailers Empty Re: Newbie question: Asian retailers Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:37 am

DarthJ

A few days ago I refrained from a KGhobby purchase when they asked 37 € shipping (to the EU) for a 37€ figure. The same figure cost about 57€ on Giantoy though with shipping included.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum