OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Current Project

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Current Project Empty Current Project Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:04 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
Current Project Img_5516
Current Project Img_5515
Current Project Img_2114
Concept is 50s / 60s Japanese Sci-Fi Monster Movies / British UFO tv series.
Silver costume & boots bought online, making all the accessories from scratch.  If anyone knows where I can find a Silver Swimsuit and glove or Silver Swimsuit with sleeves something like the photo, let me know please.

(Background figure is just for testing
….

2Current Project Empty Re: Current Project Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:33 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Gwebberarts wrote:Concept is 50s / 60s Japanese Sci-Fi Monster Movies / British UFO tv series.
Silver costume & boots bought online, making all the accessories from scratch.  If anyone knows where I can find a Silver Swimsuit and glove or Silver Swimsuit with sleeves something like the photo, let me know please.

(Background figure is just for testing
….

They are certainly evocative of that era. I have come across a silverish two-piece swimsuit somewhere, but that would hardly work for you here even if I could find it. Perhaps you could try to carefully cut off the unnecessary parts of the sleeves/trouser-legs? Maybe leave a little material to fold back inward and glue together, so that it does not fray along the edge? But make sure you have spare outfits of that type before you start.

This is not a "story," so I'm moving it to General Talk.

3Current Project Empty Re: Current Project Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:51 am

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
Oops my bad, posted in wrong place 🫤
I may attempt modding one of these jumpsuits she’s wearing as it may get closer than ready made outfits I've found.

4Current Project Empty Re: Current Project Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:12 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
Somewhat color corrected mockup of the project. The “shorts” version of the jumpsuit was the closest I could find to what Im looking for and withe belt it looks pretty good for a 1950’s / 1960’s feel. I still might experiment with modding one of the full body jump suits into a “French cut” version of the shorts jumpsuit as I am going a tad more modern with the styling. I’ll be making a bunch of accessories as well, weapons, assorted doodads for the belts, etc. I’ll try to document that stuff for the tutorials section hopefully.

Current Project Img_2213

5Current Project Empty Re: Current Project Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:59 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Its a cool concept!

6Current Project Empty Re: Current Project Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:03 am

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
Thanks , it’s been through a lot of R&D at this point 😂

7Current Project Empty Re: Current Project Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:46 am

csyeung

csyeung
If you're good at hand sewing, it'd be fairly easy to make a latex bathing suit like the one in the picture easily. Look for 4 way stretch vinyl. The gloves would be harder, but maybe paint the hands and just have the wrist to elbow part soft goods.

I'm not great at tailoring but this was my first attempt using vinyl. You can get the vinyl online and 1 yard will probably be more than enough for a few figures. Since it's stretch vinyl you make it a bit smaller and it will stretch out fine. This was done with a blue 4 way stretch vinyl. I probably should have done the sleeves separate to fit better in the armpit area. Anyway hope that gives you some ideas! Very cool concept you got going.

Current Project Super_10

8Current Project Empty Re: Current Project Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:29 am

Zes

Zes
I think the pleather outfits suggested look quite thick and are not as form-fitting as the target reference.

Like csyeung said, vinyl might be a good choice.

Or something like this: I was curious, so I checked my typical sources for 1/6 scale stuff and found these.

Current Project I-img910
Current Project I-img911

Links:

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u1109592117
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b1064080589

This is a Japanese seller that makes custom clothing for TBLeague etc. I've bought a few leotards from them before. The quality is good.

Spoiler:

9Current Project Empty Re: Current Project Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:40 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Impressive work!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

10Current Project Empty Re: Current Project Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:28 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
ukshaun wrote:Impressive work!
Thanks

11Current Project Empty Re: Current Project Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:47 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
csyeung wrote:If you're good at hand sewing, it'd be fairly easy to make a latex bathing suit like the one in the picture easily. Look for 4 way stretch vinyl. The gloves would be harder, but maybe paint the hands and just have the wrist to elbow part soft goods.

Thanks for the tips. Ill look into play with this material .

12Current Project Empty Re: Current Project Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:50 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
Zes wrote:I think the pleather outfits suggested look quite thick and are not as form-fitting as the target reference.

Like csyeung said, vinyl might be a good choice.

Or something like this: I was curious, so I checked my typical sources for 1/6 scale stuff and found these.

This is a Japanese seller that makes custom clothing for TBLeague etc. I've bought a few leotards from them before. The quality is good.

Spoiler:

Thanks, these are definitely inline with what I’m thinking.

13Current Project Empty Re: Current Project Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:45 am

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
I’m still slowly getting bits together, new costume and head arrived and look pretty good (short silver suit).

Also got a new “Pale” body to compare to Sun Tan … holy smokes , they should call this “Pink Ghost” …. I have a feeling the head I ordered is not going to match even a little. I guess once I have all three heads and bodies together, I can mix and match and the worst of the three gets the full body suit 😂 .
These two are both Suntan, so that gives me plenty to work with. Somewhere in the forums I saw a post about painting bodies the Golden Acrylic paint that seem to have interesting results. I’ll have to find that again.
Current Project Img_5521Current Project Img_5521Current Project Img_5521

14Current Project Empty Re: Current Project Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:17 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Looking good so far. yeah, the downside of tbl they only offer two (white colour) shades Sad .

15Current Project Empty Re: Current Project Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:06 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Nice progess, Gwebberarts! Skintone matching between bodies and heads is always a challenge.

16Current Project Empty Re: Current Project Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:16 pm

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
Great progress, fingers crossed the new colours will work better for you!

17Current Project Empty Re: Current Project Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:56 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Cool project.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Current Project 1f10

18Current Project Empty Re: Current Project Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:39 am

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
Stryker2012 wrote:Cool project.
 Thanks, it’ll take a while to finish, but I’m not in a hurry

19Current Project Empty Re: Current Project Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:22 am

Diana

Diana
Hello Gwebberarts and (a little late) welcome to the forum! Very Happy 

I really like your project and enjoy seeing it come along, as well as the great suggestions. Craig, 4-way stretchy vinyl is definitely something I'm taking a mental note of. That looks very promising! I just hope my sewing machine won't eat it up as and when I get around to trying it out. Smile

20Current Project Empty Re: Current Project Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:52 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
Diana wrote:Hello Gwebberarts and (a little late) welcome to the forum! Very Happy 

I really like your project and enjoy seeing it come along, as well as the great suggestions. Craig, 4-way stretchy vinyl is definitely something I'm taking a mental note of. That looks very promising! I just hope my sewing machine won't eat it up as and when I get around to trying it out. Smile

Look up sewing tips for 4 way stretch material on google , theres a few helpful tricks out there on YouTube and such

21Current Project Empty Re: Current Project Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:17 am

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
So as mentioned earlier the “Pale” body is very light and very pink .. now that the new head came in it’s even more obvious (see photos)  So I’ll be putting the full body costume on the Pale body to cover it all (oh well), that gives me a second Tan body to go with the new head.   As always, not even the Tan body is a great match, but it will do as these figures are not likely to be all that undressed anyway.

I’ll post a bunch of photos so you can see how everything is going while I wait for new girl’s base costume parts to arrive

I also got found some wafer thin neodymium magnets (supposedly can break easy if mishandled) for the belt buckle, they allow me to use two magnets for a really good hold without looking stupidly thick. (I’ll post how-to pics of this later). I’ll be adding other details to the buckle face later on.

I’m also thinking at some point I’ll get a new full body silver jumpsuit as this one has been on  and foo a number of times and it’s not fitting as nice as it first did, but thats for later after I figure out more of the detailing on all the suits.Current Project Img_5613
Current Project Img_5612
Current Project Img_5614

22Current Project Empty Re: Current Project Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:19 am

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
A few more photos.

Current Project Img_5618
Current Project Img_5619
Current Project Img_5620
Current Project Img_5618

23Current Project Empty Re: Current Project Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:25 am

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
Don’t know why photos keeps going sideways pale

24Current Project Empty Re: Current Project Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:16 am

csyeung

csyeung
Looking good. Yea the pale bodies are so pale, unless the head was specifically made pale, I find very few that pale. Sometimes Superduck heads tend to match, but even these days, a lot of them are closer to the suntan. Great idea for the magnets. Only time I've had them snap is when it came close to a stack of other magnets and it mustve been on an angle and pulled harder on one side, but usually 1 or 2 should be fine.

Gwebberarts wrote:Don’t know why photos keeps going sideways pale

I've had that happen before. I think i cropped them slightly and miraculously they were right way up. Don't know the reason why though but usually it happened with my phone camera pics.

25Current Project Empty Re: Current Project Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:41 am

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
csyeung wrote: Great idea for the magnets. Only time I've had them snap is when it came close to a stack of other magnets and it mustve been on an angle and pulled harder on one side, but usually 1 or 2 should be fine.

Yes, I’ve had some that were 3mm thick chip out sides and such .. the cheaper brands do that a lot.
Love playing with crazy ideas using magnets for costume elements, in the future all my figures will have magnetic boots (space theme, so it makes sense), so they can “free” stand on metal plates. Still need to work out how many magnets to use for a strong grip but still get them off the base plate without a hoist. 😂

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum