OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Current Project

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Current Project - Page 3 Empty Re: Current Project Sat May 04, 2024 2:44 am

Gwebberarts

BAMComix wrote:They do look very 60s retro which suits your crews look.

That’s the general game plan, hardest part is finding head sculpts that have the right look and realism.  Which is why I’m still struggling to find two or three more heads that fit in.  Too many just look off.

52Current Project - Page 3 Empty Re: Current Project Sun May 05, 2024 5:52 pm

Gwebberarts

Well, so far building the Blaster Guns has been going ok with a few minor changes nowhere and there.
Will update as I make more progress. Ordered two more heads so theres going to be a bit of a mix and match party when they get here around end of month. I should have more costume parts before then so I can dress bodies and start planing the details.

Anyway, Ill post photos as things happen.

53Current Project - Page 3 Empty Re: Current Project Mon May 06, 2024 2:11 am

BAMComix

Gwebberarts wrote:Well, so far building the Blaster Guns has been going ok with a few minor changes nowhere and there.
Will update as I make more progress.   Ordered two more heads so theres going to be a bit of a mix and match party when they get here around end of month.  I should have more costume parts before then so I can dress bodies and start planing the details.

Anyway, Ill post photos as things happen.

Looking forward to the future updates Very Happy

54Current Project - Page 3 Empty Re: Current Project Mon May 06, 2024 6:06 pm

Gwebberarts

The second basic uniform came in today, so I got her dressed for a couple photos.
I’ve also been working on the Blasters a bunch making adjustments for better fit to what the figures can actually do in a pose (wrist movement, arm length, hand hold).

Also added some more goodies to the Commanders belt, the buckle got some updates, added some detailing, radio has a magnetic mount, so it comes on and off like the buckle.  Everything still needs sanding and paint, that’ll be well into the future when I can afford to buy suitable paints.

Thinking I may do a series of photos of all the heads on a single bare body so people can do comparison shopping, so to speak. I know others have been doing this too, so I thought I’d help out when all my heads arrive.  I’m really picky about having a certain “look” for the heads I will use and I’ve looked at hundreds of heads and only bought a few only to still have rejects.

Something interesting I found is I have four S17 bodies and some have only a single wrist ball and other have two joints in the wrist allowing for better movement of the hands.  I have to assume the single wrist is older stock (?) that I ended up with even though they all were bought within the year, a couple with in the same month. Also, one of the the neck stud sticks out much further than the others, that or the pour of TPF it was short .. had to cut the plug short so the head would sit lower.

Anyway, enjoy the photos, comments welcome.

Current Project - Page 3 Img_5814
Current Project - Page 3 Img_5815
Current Project - Page 3 Img_5813

55Current Project - Page 3 Empty Re: Current Project Tue May 07, 2024 2:19 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great upgrade and update pics. Thanks for sharing.

56Current Project - Page 3 Empty Re: Current Project Tue May 07, 2024 2:54 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Maybe the belt should be white.. the same as your profile image Smile

Current Project - Page 3 1158-23
LOADING: Image(s)

I like the idea of upper arms and thighs on show, as it breaks up the silver.
Maybe you could find some silver gloved hands (or paint some gloved hands).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

57Current Project - Page 3 Empty Re: Current Project Tue May 07, 2024 3:10 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
BAMComix wrote:Great upgrade and update pics. Thanks for  sharing.

Thank you, still a long way to go.

58Current Project - Page 3 Empty Re: Current Project Tue May 07, 2024 3:21 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
ukshaun wrote:Maybe the belt should be white.. the same as your profile image Smile

Current Project - Page 3 1158-23
LOADING: Image(s)

I like the idea of upper arms and thighs on show, as it breaks up the silver.
Maybe you could find some silver gloved hands (or paint some gloved hands).

In this instance I’m not replicating this image, just the general concepts of 50’s 60’s sci-fi costumes with a little modern touch and added “sex appeal”.

That said, i have looked into the possibility of making a costume similar to the image and it would be difficult at best.
Not impossible, but really not easy as the options are modding the heck out of the full jumpsuit or making one from vinyl from scratch which likely is not a good option (expensive to attempt).

59Current Project - Page 3 Empty BAD COSTUME? Sat May 11, 2024 12:29 am

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
I’m thinking members may have seen and thought about getting this Red Vinyl Catsuit for a figure.

Here’s my notes and or warning about it.

Right out of the package it looked like it was going to be a tight fit. Assuming it was going to be tight on my TBL S17 figure, I put plenty of Babypowder on the body AND inside the suit to help get it to slide on.

It was a fight, suit is very tight and really does not stretch well, the “vinyl” top layer is bonded to a second layer like many of these materials, but the Red vinyl is so thin it’s very easy to damage it. At the seams it pretty mush selfdestruct as the stitch holes just tear and the white tread shows horribly.

So maybe on a much smaller body or theres some secret to getting these on intacted .. I don’t know, I’m kinda pissed. 😡

That said it MAY have been a bad one that somebody went way off pattern when stitching , but I just don’t know.
Given that this costume will never be removed I just went ahead with the idea of touching it up using my Art Markers hoping it wouldn’t soak through to the body. A few other defects I maybe able to add surface details to hide rips in the vinyl surface.

Here’s photos of the damage getting it on the body, next I’ll post photo’s of the costumed body and head.

Current Project - Page 3 Img_5915
Current Project - Page 3 Img_5913
Current Project - Page 3 Img_5914

60Current Project - Page 3 Empty Re: Current Project Sat May 11, 2024 12:42 am

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
Here’s the start of this space girl now that she has her head, costume and boots. Note the magnetic gun holstering Very Happy (magnets in costume and in gun). Next I need to make a Jacket & Collar similar to the B&W photo which is who I’m loosely basing this character on.

And yes, I’m aware the original is gray pants, but I saw a colorized version somewhere that the pants were Red and it just really looked good, so I took that route. The Red will help separate her from the other Space Girls that are dressed in Silver.

Current Project - Page 3 Img_5918
Current Project - Page 3 Img_5919
Current Project - Page 3 Img_5728

61Current Project - Page 3 Empty Re: Current Project Sun May 12, 2024 5:17 am

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
Well the red vinyl jumpsuit was a total disaster. Getting on the body was a nightmare though there seem to be techniques I hadn’t thought of at the time. Still the vinyl layer is so thin even the plastic nubs on the doll stand damaged it.

So I hunted abound and ordered a couple of other red suit of different materials to try out.

Meanwhile I’ve been putting together the more complicated part of the costume, attempting to get a faux leather to simulate the look of what was likely some sort of rubbery material.

Being a maniac, I started by making a rough pattern with blue painters tape directly on the S17 body and if that doesn't sound risky enough, I used Sharpie Marker, Scissors, Vinyl Glue, Super Glue and Glue accelerator to build the basic costume shape ON the body.

With all that danger, it was the original TBL bikini that stained her a little as it got wet … annoying, but she’ll be clothed so it’ll never be seen. (Yes, I washed and powdered her after)

Please note, I don’t really know much other than watching a couple YouTube videos about pattern making, and sewing this material wasn’t an option for me at the time. Glue it together on the doll a couple things got a little out of square, but overall I think it look good so far. I still needed to add a couple details (off body) to it, then I’ll take some photos to post.

I may work on the design more in the future to see if I can improve on it and get a better result, maybe I’ll consult my sister, she used to make doll clothing all the time.

Current Project - Page 3 Img_5920

62Current Project - Page 3 Empty Re: Current Project Sun May 12, 2024 12:51 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Very nice progress on your project! Too bad the red catsuit got damaged. Sad

63Current Project - Page 3 Empty Re: Current Project Sun May 12, 2024 10:11 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
Randam Hajile wrote:Very nice progress on your project! Too bad the red catsuit got damaged. Sad

Ya’ really sucks as I liked the glossy look. Have a couple othe options to try coming.

64Current Project - Page 3 Empty Re: Current Project Sun May 12, 2024 10:22 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
Ok this is the first full mock-up attempt after 6 paper patterns.

It’s ok I guess , but Im working on improvements on some updated patterns.
Collar went on a bit crooked, so thats wonky and some of the trim isn’t as straight as it could be.
Still, not too bad for a first shot at it.

Hoping the next attempt at this will be a bit more refined, I need to make some more adjustments once the new under uniforms arrive and I test those out and I can do some test fitting over the base suit.

Current Project - Page 3 Img_5921
Current Project - Page 3 Img_5922
Current Project - Page 3 Img_5923
[/td][/tr][/table]

65Current Project - Page 3 Empty Re: Current Project Mon May 13, 2024 3:09 pm

teamweapon

thats looking SUPERB so far!!!
toho would be proud Very Happy

66Current Project - Page 3 Empty Re: Current Project Mon May 13, 2024 3:15 pm

Zes

Zes
Yep, the X-Alien inspired suit is coming along nicely

67Current Project - Page 3 Empty Re: Current Project Mon May 13, 2024 3:20 pm

csyeung

csyeung
oof, sorry to hear about your mishaps with the red vinyl suit. It's probably a poor quality vinyl they used. Your mockup is coming around nicely though for the other figure!

68Current Project - Page 3 Empty Re: Current Project Mon May 13, 2024 7:12 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
Thanks everybody for the comments.
Here’s the beginnings of Version 2 of the vest.
A lot of the trick to getting the fit right is getting the placement of the bust darts right.
You can see the fit is better, but may change some as it progresses .. it just kinda happens.

Current Project - Page 3 Img_5924

69Current Project - Page 3 Empty Re: Current Project Tue May 14, 2024 2:28 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
they really are starting to come together now Very Happy

70Current Project - Page 3 Empty Re: Current Project Wed May 15, 2024 1:40 am

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
BAMComix wrote:they really are starting to come together now Very Happy

Little bits here and there as time permits Very Happy

71Current Project - Page 3 Empty Re: Current Project Yesterday at 8:37 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
First mockup of Agent-X , working on remodeling the vest and collar for a better fit (I hope) then comes the white trim (the hard part), meanwhile the Red stretch spandex(?) suit arrived today, so I put that on her to get a feel of how this is going.

I have a Red Pleather suit coming soon but the zipper is in the front, so I’m hoping I can: 1. Hide the zipper with the vest. Or 2. Put the suit on backwards so the zipper is in back. As these are stretch doll suits I doubt they pattern them with allowances for actual front to back on these jumpsuits, at least it doesn't seem to be designed that way on the simple ones.

Ok, so enjoy a couple of photos until the Pleather Suit arrives.

Current Project - Page 3 Img_6110
Current Project - Page 3 Img_6111

72Current Project - Page 3 Empty Re: Current Project Today at 12:40 am

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
A little fun with the girls and iPhone with a tad of manipulation.

Current Project - Page 3 Img_6120
Current Project - Page 3 Img_6118
Current Project - Page 3 Img_6119
Current Project - Page 3 Img_6121

73Current Project - Page 3 Empty Re: Current Project Today at 2:11 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great shots!

74Current Project - Page 3 Empty Re: Current Project Today at 4:00 am

French

French
I especially looked at your photos.
Your creations are really pretty. My favorites are the one with the girl with purple hair and the one wearing a helmet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum