OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Re-Painting Hands

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Re-Painting Hands Empty Re-Painting Hands Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:37 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
Does anyone know if these after market glove hands or the TBL hands can be successfully painted and it so what type of paint works best. I’d like to do them in a metallic silver to match the suit somewhat and add a gauntlet if some type of glue will glue the silver material to the hands. Thanks for any tips.

Re-Painting Hands Img_5520

2Re-Painting Hands Empty Re: Re-Painting Hands Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:09 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I’ve repainted glove hands before (the VeryCool ones) — I usually clean them with dishsoap and water as well as rubbing alcohol prior to painting. I then put a layer of Vallejo acrylic primer and let it dry for at least a day or so. Then paint over that with Vallejo acrylic model paints.

This usually is sufficient for my purposes. Though just be aware that if the glove hands are softer plastic the paint may chip or crack a bit if you are taking weapons or accessories in and out of the hands frequently. Careful handling required.

3Re-Painting Hands Empty Re: Re-Painting Hands Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:27 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
skywalkersaga wrote:I’ve repainted glove hands before (the VeryCool ones) — I usually clean them with dishsoap ….

Thanks for the tips, that’ll help.

4Re-Painting Hands Empty Re: Re-Painting Hands Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:21 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
What Sky wrote. Someone reported that specifically TBLeague hands and feet are now harder to repaint due to some quality of the original paint used on them (enamel?). But the way to do it would still be to clean carefully (including with alcohol), prime, paint, and seal.

5Re-Painting Hands Empty Re: Re-Painting Hands Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:24 am

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
I suspect you maybe right in that it’s some sort of enamel, at least on the gloved hands

6Re-Painting Hands Empty Re: Re-Painting Hands Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:22 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Gwebberarts wrote:I suspect you maybe right in that it’s some sort of enamel, at least on the gloved hands
Are there TBLeague gloved hands?

7Re-Painting Hands Empty Re: Re-Painting Hands Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:46 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
GubernatorFan wrote:
Gwebberarts wrote:I suspect you maybe right in that it’s some sort of enamel, at least on the gloved hands
Are there TBLeague gloved hands?

I was referring to the after market gloved hands.   The TBL hands I’m pretty sure are molded in color.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum