OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Gnome called Heinz

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 A Gnome called Heinz Empty A Gnome called Heinz Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:34 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
For Willibrord Joseph Huygen and Rien Poortvliet

Hi Friends, what i show You now is top secret. I see here in the forum there are some fans of the Gnomes. Years ago i see one of them in the Palatinate Forest. By collecting mushrooms i hear a squeaky voice. And there he was..... a Gnome. He give me a sign by a gesture. I thought is was the victory sign by churchill. But the Gnome tell me this is a very old gnome sign. It shows a rabbit in attention. Gnomes use it to warn others. And he give this sign to me because i try to collect a poisonous Mushroom. The Gnome tell me in 1940 Mr. Churchill was on a walk in the woods and smokes a cigarr. So a Gnome tell him with this sign " Man, stop smoking cigarrs in a Forrest ! " Mr. Churchill don´t understand this warning but he use the sign later. The Gnome told me his name was Heinz and i tell him my Name. We meet us over the years many times and Heinz tell me many storys....  Heinz was a Young Gnome of a Age of 242 Years. He tell me in 1811 he meet a Man in the Palatinate Forest. They sit down together for a conversation. Towards evening, when Heinz was at Home he missed his Bag. There was nothing valuable inside.... but the old recipe of Grandmas Tomato sauce. The Man told Heinz he want to travel to America and the Gnome never see him again.....

A Gnome called Heinz 111

A Gnome called Heinz 211

A Gnome called Heinz 411

A Gnome called Heinz 311

A Gnome called Heinz P1200218

A Gnome called Heinz P1200219

A Gnome called Heinz P1200313

A Gnome called Heinz P1200311

A Gnome called Heinz P1200312

A Gnome called Heinz P1200315

2 A Gnome called Heinz Empty Re: A Gnome called Heinz Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:01 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
What a charming story! And beautiful figure and photography (and nature!). I like the connections you make in the background story. Should we expect more gnomes and to discover that all the advances of civilization have been "borrowed" from the gnomes? Smile

3 A Gnome called Heinz Empty Re: A Gnome called Heinz Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:04 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool. Thanks for sharing. Interesting story.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

A Gnome called Heinz C8485110

4 A Gnome called Heinz Empty Re: A Gnome called Heinz Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:18 am

peter the painter

Charming photos and back story, I like his traditional costume, reminds me of a coffee table book full of wonderful illustrations that I bought some years ago.

Cheers,

Peter.

5 A Gnome called Heinz Empty Re: A Gnome called Heinz Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:49 am

dadrab

dadrab
Excellent story and photos, indeed.

A Gnome called Heinz 23431011_0_640x640

I knew this was good stuff for a reason...

It's magic.

At least he gave the little guy proper credit.

Thanks for this. It made me smile.

6 A Gnome called Heinz Empty Re: A Gnome called Heinz Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:32 am

shovelchop81

shovelchop81

What a nice surprise after we just talked about the Gnome book! Beautiful pictures and great figure! If you turn his 'rabbit' hand around it means something very different in the UK! LOL. That gesture was said to have come from the English and Welsh Long Bow archers that the French hated and supposedly cut off the fingers of any captured Long Bow archers, so the gesture (yours reversed) was a taunt to the French saying 'we still have our fingers to shoot you'. It's a myth as the French actually killed any Long Bow archers in horrible ways then hung their bodies over the walls as warnings to other archers or to demoralise them. Just a bit of confused history for you there! Laughing Wink . Love the Gnome!

peter the painter wrote:Charming photos and back story, I like his traditional costume, reminds me of a coffee table book full of wonderful illustrations that I bought some years ago.

Cheers,

Peter.

That's the book we had just been talking about! Has everyone on this forum got a copy?! Laughing

7 A Gnome called Heinz Empty Re: A Gnome called Heinz Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:27 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
shovelchop81 wrote:
What a nice surprise after we just talked about the Gnome book! Beautiful pictures and great figure! If you turn his 'rabbit' hand around it means something very different in the UK! LOL. That gesture was said to have come from the English and Welsh Long Bow archers that the French hated and supposedly cut off the fingers of any captured Long Bow archers, so the gesture (yours reversed) was a taunt to the French saying 'we still have our fingers to shoot you'. It's a myth as the French actually killed any Long Bow archers in horrible ways then hung their bodies over the walls as warnings to other archers or to demoralise them. Just a bit of confused history for you there!  Laughing  Wink . Love the Gnome!

peter the painter wrote:Charming photos and back story, I like his traditional costume, reminds me of a coffee table book full of wonderful illustrations that I bought some years ago.

Cheers,

Peter.

That's the book we had just been talking about! Has everyone on this forum got a copy?! Laughing

Thanks You. I googled the gesture, but don´t find that explanation. There still exists Knowledge You can´t google. Old scool Knowledge, Respect Wink

8 A Gnome called Heinz Empty Re: A Gnome called Heinz Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:36 am

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Wow, what great forest to have for enjoying life and hobbies!
Loved the story and Shovelchop's description of the victory sign.
I wonder what the hippies in the US thought they were saying when they used it?
Your Gnome was eerily realistic, the hands are perfect!
Much enjoyment, thank you for posting!

9 A Gnome called Heinz Empty Re: A Gnome called Heinz Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:04 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Most Excellent story and photos, I guess that hand gesture is a Victory Hand, I always thought it was just a hand gesture for peace.

10 A Gnome called Heinz Empty Re: A Gnome called Heinz Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:15 am

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Most Excellent story and photos, I guess that hand gesture is a Victory Hand, I always thought it was just a hand gesture for peace.

LOL, gets bloody confusing after a while, I grew up in Greece where an open palm directed at you curses your family and all their lineage, it stems back to when the Turks/Ottoman Empire ruled Greece and they would rub mud/faeces into Greek slaves' faces, so it is a very serious insult, yet friends will use it on each other all the time in a joking way. There's also the double open palm, one behind the other directed at a person, that's much worse but a similar meaning.

11 A Gnome called Heinz Empty Re: A Gnome called Heinz Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:12 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
 A Gnome called Heinz Images10

Heinz swears the gesture shows a rabbit in a pose they do if there´s a Danger  

When i see him next time, i will tell him he better don´t show the gesture to humans  Laughing

12 A Gnome called Heinz Empty Re: A Gnome called Heinz Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:35 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
nice looking little fella you got there. the first hand sign somehow reminded me of arnies iconic t2 scene where he revealed his endo-arm to dyson Wink "listen very carefully...." then i saw the second finger raised as well. learning about the insults as i read i can't help but see the "talk to the hand" phrase in totally new context Smile

13 A Gnome called Heinz Empty Re: A Gnome called Heinz Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:20 am

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Ephiane wrote: A Gnome called Heinz Images10

Heinz swears the gesture shows a rabbit in a pose they do if there´s a Danger  

When i see him next time, i will tell him he better don´t show the gesture to humans  Laughing

Showing a signal for peace wouldn't be a bad way to meet a human. Although I'd recommend he just stayed away from humans as most humans are  cruel and can't be trusted, especially with something they don't understand! They usually like taking it apart to see how it works, not so great for Heinz! Wink  I enjoy taking machines apart and rebuilding them to see how they work and to fix them, not biological specimens although I did do a High School leaving exam 'A' Level in biology... Wink

14 A Gnome called Heinz Empty Re: A Gnome called Heinz Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:00 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Fantastic! Love the classic design, and the story. So fun. Feel a little left out that I was never issued this classic gnome book. Laughing

I totally picture this a just another day in the life of Ephiane, roaming the woods and encountering mythical creatures.

15 A Gnome called Heinz Empty Re: A Gnome called Heinz Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:32 pm

Scrotus89

thank you again ephiane...you tolded a great story with pics...you make me be with inspire.. thanks you again

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum