OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Found a doll I am pretty sure is one of the brands, but have no clue - Anyone recognize it and can tell me what skincolor this is called?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

statistx

I was walking by an antiquity store which sometimes has action figures and similar and suddenly saw 2 dolls with seamless articulation and great detail.
Knowing Phicen TBLeague from browsing for figurines and such, I was pretty sure they were from that, but for about half the price.
It was pretty much a greed impulse buy ^^

Now i bought it and am wondering what it actually is. Can anyone recognize it and ideally even tell me what skincolor this is, so i can look for another head?
From what I read the muscular legs might be a pointer, but i have absolutely no clue.

After looking around a bit, I found a comparison and it MIGHT be TBleague S21B?
The comparison pic: https://servimg.com/view/19885650/568

Found a doll I am pretty sure is one of the brands, but have no clue - Anyone recognize it and can tell me what skincolor this is called? Img_2010

Visisonor

Visisonor
We may need more revealing pics of her, if you know what I mean...
Just kidding, nothing explicit - though a photo of abdomen may help.

It can be either S20A/S21B (as you suspect) or S22A/S23B (more athletic build).

I believe you already found the comparison thread.
The photo you've linked shows suntan versions of these bodies (odd-numbered model codes).

However, I think your figure has pale skintone, so unless it's some play of lighting, we can narrow it down to S20A or S22A (i.e. even-numbered models).

p.s. Welcome to the forum!

statistx

Visisonor wrote:We may need more revealing pics of her, if you know what I mean...
Just kidding, nothing explicit - though a photo of abdomen may help.

It can be either S20A/S21B (as you suspect) or S22A/S23B (more athletic build).

I believe you already found the comparison thread.
The photo you've linked shows suntan versions of these bodies (odd-numbered model codes).

However, I think your figure has pale skintone, so unless it's some play of lighting, we can narrow it down to S20A or S22A (i.e. even-numbered models).

p.s. Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the reply, might really be quite pale and it's more athlethic indeed. I ordered a head on amazon, that is not pale, so gonna see if it fits.
Since it's prime, otherwise i send it back and a whole new world of pale heads opens up ^^

Found the downside of paying half the price: The ellbow already has tears when bending the arm (ordered TPE glue now) and there's fuzzies from dust all over the skin.
Is it safe to wash her?

I might go back to the store and grab the one for 30€ too, since it's still a steal.
Dumb me got this one cause i wanted long hair, only to realize i dont like the face as much and ordered a head instantly anyway, could have paid 20€ less and gotten the 30€ one i did not pick because of the short haired head XD

Ah yeah, forgot the pic, hope this is still SFW enough

Found a doll I am pretty sure is one of the brands, but have no clue - Anyone recognize it and can tell me what skincolor this is called? 17139710

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It looks like it might be an S22A or S23B to me. The shape of the legs and knees seems to fit, even if the waist looks more like S20A or S21B to my eye; but the abdominal muscles seem more like S22A or S23B. In the absence of sufficient reference, I can't tell whether it is "pale" or "suntan" (both are rather light in color).

statistx

GubernatorFan wrote:It looks like it might be an S22A or S23B to me. The shape of the legs and knees seems to fit, even if the waist looks more like S20A or S21B to my eye; but the abdominal muscles seem more like S22A or S23B. In the absence of sufficient reference, I can't tell whether it is "pale" or "suntan" (both are rather light in color).

Yeah, i imagined suntan to be a lot darker, than it actually seems to be, but guess I will have to wait for the head to show up to know for sure.
At least i now know that it's a phicen/TBleague

The store also had a noticibly darker one, but I'd say, looking at the comparison pics that was dark brown, which is a bigger leap than between pale and sunburn.

statistx

Update: Got the head from amazon.
I think it fits pretty well, but I would say it's slightly darker, but I'm also colorblind, so slight differences could be an issue to recognize.

So the body being pale would make sense, but the sensical thing to do is now order one that is named "pale" and compare ^^

Found a doll I am pretty sure is one of the brands, but have no clue - Anyone recognize it and can tell me what skincolor this is called? 17140610

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It is not an exact match, but I think you can get away with it: the head is a slightly warmer tone than the body. Then again, the head sees the most sun, so...
Generally speaking, you're safer ordering suntan bodies, in my experience anyway.

statistx

GubernatorFan wrote:It is not an exact match, but I think you can get away with it: the head is a slightly warmer tone than the body. Then again, the head sees the most sun, so...
Generally speaking, you're safer ordering suntan bodies, in my experience anyway.

yeah, if i was ordering any, i would have gone for suntan, just from gut feeling, but in this case i am working with a weird little antiquity store which suddenly had 3 dolls there, so i took the body that they had.

Visisonor

Visisonor
Oh, a nice one. It's Miss Spetsnaz head by VeryCool. Whether it is a genuine thing or a knock-off is another question, but even if it is a knock-off, it seems to be a pretty decent one.

This may also help with skintone. VeryCool heads tend to be a closer match to suntan bodies, so I am more convinced now that the body you have is pale.

Also, looking at the shape of shoulders, biceps, abs, I'm pretty confident it is S22A (or S23B if it is suntan after all).

As for washing, water shouldn't damage the TPE these figures are made from. Braver people even submerged them in water almost completely.

However, there may be a layer of protective powder on top of the skin, and if it is washed away, the material can deteriorate more quickly. There are recommendations to apply makeup powder to TBL bodies.

statistx

Visisonor wrote:Oh, a nice one. It's Miss Spetsnaz head by VeryCool. Whether it is a genuine thing or a knock-off is another question, but even if it is a knock-off, it seems to be a pretty decent one.

This may also help with skintone. VeryCool heads tend to be a closer match to suntan bodies, so I am more convinced now that the body you have is pale.

Also, looking at the shape of shoulders, biceps, abs, I'm pretty confident it is S22A (or S23B if it is suntan after all).

As for washing, water shouldn't damage the TPE these figures are made from. Braver people even submerged them in water almost completely.

However, there may be a layer of protective powder on top of the skin, and if it is washed away, the material can deteriorate more quickly. There are recommendations to apply makeup powder to TBL bodies.

Saw a video where they were washing it with warm water and then adding corn starch with a brush to make it non sticky afterwards, babypowder was also mentioned.
I got the new head on Amazon and it was even prime, but no idea if its some copycat. Also saw it on aliexpress with different promo pics

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum