OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ali express

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ali express Empty Ali express Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:51 pm

Scighera

Hello!,

I am thinking of buying a Damtoys from ali express.

Anyone has experience with that? The figure is a bit older, and only available from ebay (very expensive) and ali express  (if i am lucky with customs a good price,  bit with custom fees it is still okay)

And I don't think there are knock- offs of damtoys, are they?

Thanks!

2Ali express Empty Re: Ali express Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:24 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I’ve never had an issue ordering thru the site, but that doesn’t mean that they don’t have unscrupulous sellers (just like eBay). If they have a decent rating, you should be fine.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Ali express 1f10

3Ali express Empty Re: Ali express Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:18 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I second that.

4Ali express Empty Re: Ali express Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:55 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Scighera wrote:Hello!,
Anyone has experience with that? The figure is a bit older, and only available from ebay (very expensive) and ali express  (if i am lucky with customs a good price,  bit with custom fees it is still okay)
With aliexpres customs are included in the price for EU countries. Due to the trade agreement between China and the EU webshops (maybe not all, but aliexpres does) handle it at checkout.

5Ali express Empty Re: Ali express Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:20 pm

Scighera

Thank you all for the response!

The price is above the IOSS limit of 150 euros, so ali express is not calculating VAT. So there is a change of about 25% of customs fee and VAT when it arrives at the Dutch customs.

The figure is about 215 euro excluding customs.

I checked several sellers who has the figure, and all have about 10% negative reviews, especially of receiving empty boxes, damaged goods etcetera.

That is the reason that I am hesitating

6Ali express Empty Re: Ali express Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:30 pm

DarthJ

If the same kind of negative feedback is recurring I would avoid that seller, especially for a rather expensive item.

7Ali express Empty Re: Ali express Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:41 am

Scighera

DarthJ wrote:If the same kind of negative feedback is recurring I would avoid that seller, especially for a rather expensive item.
The problem is, that it is for most sellers for this item. When I read the seller reactions on some of the negative feedback, it seems that they don't have the items in own stock but in a big shared warehouse.  Which is sending the wrong item, an empty box or just an empty enveloppe instead of a 1/6 figure.

So not very reassuring...

I will keep an eye out on some EU second hand sites, hopefully I can make a deal there.

8Ali express Empty Re: Ali express Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:13 am

DarthJ

Sending a "placeholder", an empty box or a "present" (worth nothing) is an old Ebay trick. Ebay then registers the item as "sent" and "received" later on. It then becomes way more difficult to claim a refund and the seller avoids getting "bad points" from Ebay anyway.
I had such a case recently.

Don't know if this trick works on Aliexpress too but I would certainly avoid such sellers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum