OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's your favorite 1/6 prop or accessory?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Mr. Razz

ReverendSpooky wrote:
Mr. Razz wrote:
Pontiacivan wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:

Thanks Pontiacivan!  They were really fun to do.  And yeah, I have a weird love/hate relationship with 3A.  I LOVE a lot of their designs, and there are a few figures that would still be fun to have, but for the most part, I have all I really want from them.  But they also drive me crazy with a lot of things.  I don't think they've released anything in a long time I was that excited about.  Back in December, I dropped the $200 for the club membership with the promise that this year would be a big return to all their original IPs, that would only be available to club members.  I think they did a robot or 2, but no Tomorrow Kings, no Popbot.  Almost a year later, and they haven't done almost anything.  Huge waste, and kinda left a bad taste in my mouth.  At least the membership kit is finally shipping.

That Bramble is super cool though, and you're right, freakin huge.  Such a fun figure.

I'm still waiting for Ashley Wood to finish a storyline. I'm also waiting for the promsised WWR movie, but of course, he would have to finish the story. Lol.

Actually, he DID finish a storyline. It goes like this:  Make cool product, make people jump thru hoops to get product, laugh at hoop jumpers, collect money, go to bank. Realize bank account is substantial, don't need money so bad so let's test peoples patience, make cool product, take money and go to bank, delay sending product. Look at bank statement.

The sequel to that storyline is very similar...lol

Oh, and Blackpool, that pocket watch is freakin GORGEOUS.  What a cool piece!

Oh! Oh!  I saw that story!  I CONTRIBUTED to that story!  Over and over and over...

Lol Rev, and that's why I treat my 3A WWR habit like i treat my movie habit...I don't go the theaters anymore, I buy the DVD. I don't deal with 3A runarounds anymore, I buy from ebay or other collectors...

Pontiacivan

dadrab wrote:Man...There's some really cool stuff floating around this thread.

Personally, I'll have to stick with my original RC Jeep build:
1/6 R/C has to be the ultimate in Hobby luxury! Some of the AH-6 Littlebirds blow my mind!

blackpool wrote:Damn those unfinished walls with the insulation foam are insanely coooooool!!!

And that playstation set, I love it, high level of awesomness!!!

Personally I got tons of lil items and props, it's really hard to pick only one favorite...

The most "functional" and useful in my collection is the leather sofa and armchiar set I bought a few years back. It's not terrific in terms of details, but it's well crafted, the leather grain and stitching is realistic, and it's a prop that definitely creates a diorama by itself!

In terms of details, I can only remember the old pocket watch I grabbed from a DID german agent figure, it's made of metal, it opens and closes nicely, the chain is perfectly scaled, a lil jewel!
That scene with the couch always gets me! It is certainly a top notch prop.
The pocket watch is exactly what I was talking about, though. It's not a giant over the top prop, it's an item tha just "nails" it's intended look. It's a great find!

Rogerbee

Founding Father
The BBI Lucifer rifle and case has always been mine.

CHEERS!

Ephiane

more fantastic pictures and scenes. Blackpool, Your Heros at ease are absolut Great. I can spend Hours by watch them. So many details and the magic effects i love so much. very tricky to let her read teh book by her magic. There are little ice cubes in the whiskey glasses. Shocked fantastic. Rorschachs watch is amazing. A good think that You can get only parts from the figures, not the complete figure . If that was my genre, i will buy millions of little 1:6 accessoires every day Laughing

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Ephiane wrote:Wow, more great Stuff ! The Skull Camber and the witchbords are amazing, the Throne Chair also ! The  Jeep is fantastic ! I love the RC Movement of the Figure. A making of will be great

Thank you Eph. I'm glad you liked the the Throne Chair!

Talon65

Well, if 1/6 vehicles count as props, I would have to go with my WWII Tiger tank.

Tarexmd

Tarexmd
dadrab wrote:Man...There's some really cool stuff floating around this thread.

Personally, I'll have to stick with my original RC Jeep build:

Wow, I want to someday film a 1/6th movie and recruit your RC Jeep for it!

Tarexmd

Tarexmd
Lynkhart wrote:Mine is probably the ‘working’ TV and selection of games/dvds I made to go with the official PS4 keychain model which is perfectly 1/6th scale. I made the screen with an opening on the side so images can be slotted in to change the picture. I use my own screenshots. (of which I have MANY, lol) The controllers were from a seller on Shapeways (I painted them though)

What's your favorite 1/6 prop or accessory? - Page 2 38257135926_fdca91a06c_k1/6th scale TV & PS4 by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

Beyond ridiculous. I love it so much. I'd add a cheap LED to the back of the TV so the screenshot illuminates in the dark. Is this a self diorama? Did you get your facesculpt made by that website?

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
lol, I hadn’t thought of that! The screens are on card though so I don’t think a light would do very much. Good idea if I make another one though...
I made the diorama, yes! The doll isn’t a mini-me, though, that’s Max. :3 If you search for Max and Juno on here you’ll find some better pictures.

Tarexmd

Tarexmd
Lynkhart wrote:lol, I hadn’t thought of that! The screens are on card though so I don’t think a light would do very much. Good idea if I make another one though...

If you print it on regular paper and put a tiny LED behind it from Evan Designs (could cost like $5) it will look epic at night.

shazzdan

shazzdan
I just bought a 10" digital photo frame and am going to try turning it into a 1:6 scale 60" TV. It has a media player so I'll be able to play videos on it, not just still photos.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:I just bought a 10" digital photo frame and am going to try turning it into a 1:6 scale 60" TV. It has a media player so I'll be able to play videos on it, not just still photos.

That’s a cool idea.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

What's your favorite 1/6 prop or accessory? - Page 2 C8485110

shazzdan

shazzdan
Stryker2011 wrote:
shazzdan wrote:I just bought a 10" digital photo frame and am going to try turning it into a 1:6 scale 60" TV. It has a media player so I'll be able to play videos on it, not just still photos.

That’s a cool idea.

The main trick was to find one with a 16:9 screen ratio and a bezel that was skinny enough. I finally found one that should be ok. It has a frame that is around 1 cm thick so it is no good for the latest TVs but I think I can replicate the look of an older plasma with it.

Tarexmd

Tarexmd
shazzdan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:

That’s a cool idea.

The main trick was to find one with a skinny enough bezel that wasn't too expensive. I finally found one that should be ok. It has a frame that is around 1 cm thick so it is no good for the latest TVs but I think I can replicate the look of an older plasma with it.

Yeah I was gonna say that Very Happy Your idea inspired me to use a digital frame for one of my projects but yeah they're all too thick.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Maybe it could be one of those large console TVs like you used to see in the 80s-90s...?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

What's your favorite 1/6 prop or accessory? - Page 2 C8485110

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
I still have a bunch of old iphones around, and eventually plan to try to use 1 for a tv. There's also a really cheap old tablet that i ended up with at some point I want to try out as a tv. A friend gave me 1 of those picture frames too, but I need to put it back together (no idea why he took it apart). But agreed it might work well as an old tube tv.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Tarexmd wrote:
shazzdan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:

That’s a cool idea.

The main trick was to find one with a skinny enough bezel that wasn't too expensive. I finally found one that should be ok. It has a frame that is around 1 cm thick so it is no good for the latest TVs but I think I can replicate the look of an older plasma with it.

Yeah I was gonna say that Very Happy Your idea inspired me to use a digital frame for one of my projects but yeah they're all too thick.

Build a cabinet around it and turn it into a rear-projection TV.

What's your favorite 1/6 prop or accessory? - Page 2 Rwkrow

What's your favorite 1/6 prop or accessory? - Page 2 Sony-Rear-Projection-TV-Perfect-Working-Order-20150816231659

shazzdan

shazzdan

OK, here is my first attempt. It is a little crude but turned out better than expected.
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t964-miniature-60-inch-plasma-tv#12675

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum