OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spandex Stories (marvel heroes)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

81Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:45 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
They look great. Beautiful shots as always!

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

82Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:18 pm

skywalkersaga

Omg!! I hadn't realized there was a Kingpin figure, he looks awesome facing off with Daredevil!

83Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:20 am

blackpool

Thanks for the kind comments friends!

My first edits of the Black Cat that just joined my marvel heroes shelf! Hope you'll like!

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 Marvelheroes_23

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 Marvelheroes_24

84Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:21 am

skywalkersaga

Those are awesome, especially the first one.... very clever! Very Happy

85Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:08 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Man, I love these so much. You really nail the look of both original pieces. Beautiful!

86Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:47 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stunning as it is, there is a typo... she cannot be LE chat noir... Smile N'est-ce pas?

87Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:39 pm

blackpool

blackpool
GubernatorFan wrote:Stunning as it is, there is a typo... she cannot be LE chat noir... Smile N'est-ce pas?

indeed c'est exact mon ami!

While words have no gender in english it's true that speaking of a female character (or even just a female cat), it would translate in french as "LA CHATTE NOIRE"...
This said the typo is intended on that specific one, J. Scott Campbell used an old parisian poster that is now quite famous, it was advertising a cabaret named Le Chat Noir located in Montmartre (that was around 1880-1890)

I'm sure most of you have seen this poster once or twice.

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 Vintage-tournee-du-chat-noir

88Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:12 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes, that was the poster I THOUGHT you were referencing, as I had not been aware of the comic book version of it, only the above original. :')

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

89Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:58 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Mais oui... that's the one I was thinking of, too. And there is now apparently a fad to produce plates and knick knacks with misspelled French text in this country.

90Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:39 am

Diana

Diana
Wooooow. I really enjoy your photos. Thank you!!
I have a special place in my heart for DD and everyone in that setting (JJ, Punisher, Elektra...).
That DD and Punisher fight scene is epic. Great job!!

And that JJ outfit is great!! I have the jacket, but where's that tank top and scarf from?? I love you

91Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:51 am

blackpool

blackpool
skywalkersaga wrote:Yes, that was the poster I THOUGHT you were referencing, as I had not been aware of the comic book version of it, only the above original. :')

GubernatorFan wrote:Mais oui... that's the one I was thinking of, too. And there is now apparently a fad to produce plates and knick knacks with misspelled French text in this country.

AAAaaaaaah! I knew you'd be familiar with that old poster, and yeah now it's on ton of goodies to relate to Paris, cook laprons, mugs, plates... mostly food props, but in France c'est la vie! (@Gubernator where do you see more mispelled french text? cause I don't think there are typos on the original poster)

AerynDiana wrote:Wooooow. I really enjoy your photos. Thank you!!
I have a special place in my heart for DD and everyone in that setting (JJ, Punisher, Elektra...).
That DD and Punisher fight scene is epic. Great job!!

And that JJ outfit is great!! I have the jacket, but where's that tank top and scarf from?? I love you

Thank you 3000 for the kind feedback!

My JJ outfit is made from old pieces mainly lol, the leather jacket comes from the old "rosanna" biker girl, the tank top comes from a "very cool" clothing set that included suede boots, blue jeans and tank tops.

As for the scarf, it actually comes from a pair of socks of my girlfriend lmao

92Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:44 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I hope Martha is not missing her socks! Wink
I didn't mean the poster itself, but I'm eating off plates that read "Deux Renard" (sic), "Le Fleur" (sic), "mat ere grasse" (sic), and so on...

93Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:09 pm

blackpool

blackpool
GubernatorFan wrote:I hope Martha is not missing her socks! Wink
I didn't mean the poster itself, but I'm eating off plates that read "Deux Renard" (sic), "Le Fleur" (sic), "mat ere grasse" (sic), and so on...

Damn I didn't know that! I haven't seen the ones you refer too, but I confess it happens quite often on posters or ads, even magazines, French is surely a complicated language but still (sic)!

94Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:18 am

blackpool

blackpool
quick update, the Netflix/marvel Defenders I could finally assemble!

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 Defenders_01

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 Defenders_02

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 Defenders_03

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 Defenders_04

95Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:20 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great figures and gorgeous photoshots and special effects, as usual!

96Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:24 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
OOOh, wow, beautifully done! But where is my dear Frank? Razz

ETA: they are all gorgeous, but Jessica Jones looks so good. I rarely see such a nice depiction of her in 1/6!

97Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:26 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Excellent shots. Always a pleasure to see your photos.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 C8485110

98Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:18 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Great job again, I like what they did with those 'personal color palettes' for the characters and how you captured that and the intro vibe with the NY maps.

Although I watched it, I don't know...they blew up a house full of ninjas or something? Anyway, what I liked about it was the self irony acknowledging that Iron Fist wasn't the strongest of the shows.

99Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:50 am

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Very creative lighting and graphics! I'm done with the others, have yet to watch Iron Fist.
Did you photoshop Iron Fist's right wrist joint away?

100Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:07 pm

dadrab

dadrab
Attaboy. Absolutely gorgeous.

Love the Matt Murdock especially.

101Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:25 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Dadrab you're back! Glad to see you on, and don't be a stranger!

Rollo, nice catch; I suppose the left wrist wasn't as obvious in the photo so didn't need to be photoshopped as much... Smile But either way, blackpool is a master at these.

102Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:00 am

blackpool

blackpool
GubernatorFan wrote:Great figures and gorgeous photoshots and special effects, as usual!

Thanks a lot my friend! I was lazy on the photoshop part on these, the colored light and everything was working fine on the original shots, I just added the Manhattan map over the pics and erased some annoying parts Smile

skywalkersaga wrote:OOOh, wow, beautifully done! But where is my dear Frank? Razz

ETA: they are all gorgeous, but Jessica Jones looks so good. I rarely see such a nice depiction of her in 1/6!

Many thanks for the kind words, glad you noticed the effort on Jessica, it took me nearly an hour to get her hair waving nicely and looking close to Krysten Ritter.
I passed on Frank, I have his head in my stock but wanted to focus on the Defenders, he will show up again soon, surely with black widow or somebody sharing his mandalorian religion lol

Stryker2011 wrote:Excellent shots. Always a pleasure to see your photos.

Thanks a lot Mark!

Ovy wrote:Great job again, I like what they did with those 'personal color palettes' for the characters and how you captured that and the intro vibe with the NY maps
Although I watched it, I don't know...they blew up a house full of ninjas or something? Anyway, what I liked about it was the self irony acknowledging that Iron Fist wasn't the strongest of the shows.

Thanks a lot, that's exactly what inspired me, the opening credits on the defenders was one of the best parts of the show lol

rollotomasi wrote:Very creative lighting and graphics! I'm done with the others, have yet to watch Iron Fist.
Did you photoshop Iron Fist's right wrist joint away?

Thanks! as said by Gubernator (even if I ain't master at it lol) yup I edited a couple joints on those shots that were annoying me, the wrist of iron fist in the foreground was very very noticeable, and Luke Cage's head seam was obvious as well, not helping for portraits (the overall quality of luke cage is quite low btw)

dadrab wrote:Attaboy. Absolutely gorgeous.

Love the Matt Murdock especially.

Thank you Dadrab! Nice to see you around!

Here is a new shot I finally took with the unofficial Stan Lee (and some unofficial folks all around him lol)

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 DSC_0029

Have a great week everyone!

103Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:44 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice tribute photo for Stan the Man. I like the mix of Official and Unofficial figures.

104Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:03 am

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Too Cool.

105Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:40 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Awww that's so lovely, blackpool! Smile

And lol, no worries about Frankie boy, I'm just being a Jon Bernthal fangirl... feel free to ignore me. ;p

106Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:45 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice group shot. Pretty soon they won't need to pay any actors, just you for use of your figures in special-effect movies. Smile

107Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:34 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
So many fantastic new Characters, love them. It´s not only Your fine clear Style of Photography, the posing of each figure is absolute natural. The black Cat is really hot cyclops

108Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:12 am

blackpool

blackpool
actionfiguremovies2 wrote:Too Cool.

From the marvel universe master it's an honor! Thanks bro!

skywalkersaga wrote:Awww that's so lovely, blackpool! Smile

And lol, no worries about Frankie boy, I'm just being a Jon Bernthal fangirl... feel free to ignore me. ;p

haha I'm a fan of Bernthal as well, his acting is a bit recurring but I just love it, I found him perfect in mr Wolff and Fury, even when he has small roles he nails them like in Sicario, Windriver... Anyway, he'll be back as soon as I receive my elektra!

GubernatorFan wrote:Nice group shot. Pretty soon they won't need to pay any actors, just you for use of your figures in special-effect movies. Smile

I wish so, it would save me some free time for the hobby lmao!

Ephiane wrote:So many fantastic new Characters, love them. It´s not only Your fine clear Style of Photography, the posing of each figure is absolute natural. The black Cat is really hot cyclops

Thanks a lot Eph! Indeed the black cat is in my new favorites, but simply because of the phicen body she's built on, it's really night and day in terms of posing, balance, realism...

Quick update, power to the ladies lately, since they revealed the Black Widow trailer, I wanted to take her out of her box (even if the trailer wasn't very exciting to my eyes)

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 DSC_0109

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 DSC_0109n

Have a wonderful Christmas everyon, and may Santa bring you loads of cool figures!

109Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 4 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:18 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Those are some really cool shots of BW. I hope the movie is better than the trailers are making it look.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum