OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mature Female Head Sculpts?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mature Female Head Sculpts? Empty Mature Female Head Sculpts? Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:09 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I am not usually one for philosophical or existential questions in our hobby, but it has often occurred to me that there is a very palpable and near-absolute absence of mature female head sculpts (and figures). Is it just me, or the youthfully-mature Sarah Connor, Ellen Ripley, and Maleficent are as close as we get? It certainly says something about collectors' tastes and the priorities of sixth-scale companies. But I think it also might say something about the (relative) absence of iconic or popular female characters above a certain age. So, just for fun, what mature female character or at least head sculpt might you wish were produced and available? (Youthful-looking vampire or other supernatural centenarians don't really count!)

I've been on a British binge lately, so off the top of my head I can contribute just the following:
Maggie Smith (Dowager Countess of Grantham) and Penelope Wilton (Mrs Crawley) from Downton Abbey.
Mollie Sugden (Mrs Slocombe) from Are You Being Served?
Judi Dench from anything or everything
Diane Lane from the new Superman films (ok, not nearly as mature as the others nor British but just as good LOL).

What would you add?

2Mature Female Head Sculpts? Empty Re: Mature Female Head Sculpts? Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:27 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Judi Dench and Maggie Smith would be awesome.
Helen Mirren Victoria from Reds
Honestly, even a non-entity mature lady would be nice. Funny how we have older men, but no older women.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Mature Female Head Sculpts? C8485110

3Mature Female Head Sculpts? Empty Re: Mature Female Head Sculpts? Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:49 pm

Mr. Razz

Mr. Razz
The only "known" names I can add are actresses that in my mind aged well...Barbara Eden, Raquel Welch, to name 2...but honestly? ANY mature female head would be a welcome relief. It would add variety to a sterile industry. An industry that, to me, seems set on muscular men and well built women. While that is great, it's not realistic. I'm sure most people on this forum have some form of storyline to their characters and body/hs variations would make a huge difference.I don't know about anyone else here, but I know I'm NOT a perfect specimen...lol...and I just thought of 2 more female mature sculpts...Mrs.Garrett from Facts of Life or even Mrs. C from Happy Days...lol

4Mature Female Head Sculpts? Empty Re: Mature Female Head Sculpts? Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:31 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I wasn't insisting they have to be "known names," but that makes it easier to identify them. Smile Come to think of it is there no Harry Potter Maggie Smith figure out there? Probably there is. The Daisy Domergue character from Hateful 8 is not quite as mature, but not the usual overly youthful character, so there is an "almost" from a recent release.
I just thought of another character that might be good: Angela Lansbury from Murder She Wrote and Death on the Nile.

5Mature Female Head Sculpts? Empty Re: Mature Female Head Sculpts? Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:41 pm

Mr. Razz

Mr. Razz
Aw, cmon...we have forgotten the most obvious mature head sculpt of a mature female that should be done...The matriarch of all time! Yes, I'm referring to Granny of the Beverly Hillbillies!!! Of course, I suppose Minnie Pearl would ok as well...

6Mature Female Head Sculpts? Empty Re: Mature Female Head Sculpts? Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:42 am

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
There are so many that should make this list! I agree, this is a reflection of the 1/6 market priorities, as well as the consumer driven preferences of the hobby.
Anyone who has taken a few minutes to watch Dancing With the Stars ( American TV) will know that many of the "desirable" women from the 80's and '90's are doing just fine! Now we just need t find a munufacturer willing to take a risk.

7Mature Female Head Sculpts? Empty Re: Mature Female Head Sculpts? Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:14 am

dadrab

dadrab
I'd buy an Irene Ryan (Granny) sculpt in a heart beat.

Sophia Loren aged well and Lauren Becall deserves a sculpt just for that voice.

8Mature Female Head Sculpts? Empty Re: Mature Female Head Sculpts? Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:31 pm

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Technically there is a Maggie Smith head in 1/6, but it’s by Mattel and the paintwork is decidedly dull. The underlying sculpt is pretty decent though so a good paint job would work wonders!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Harry-Potter-FYM55-Professor-McGonagall/dp/B07CGW3X3Q

9Mature Female Head Sculpts? Empty Re: Mature Female Head Sculpts? Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:16 pm

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Aging sculpts can be done, but, I guess they'd take more effort than a younger one otherwise we'd see more of them. There have been older men done, like Christopher Lee and Alec Guinness, but, not many, if any, older women that I can think of.

CHEERS!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum