OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Latest Purchase...

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 40]

121discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:51 pm

highwayman57

Pre-ordered the QMx Dread Pirate Roberts figure from Alter Ego Comics; tomorrow, Sunday the 29th, is the last day they will accept pre-orders for this particular figure!

David

122discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:53 pm

BAD WOLF-787

I just ordered the Queen of Vampires Arkhalla though BBTS, I foresee fur flying soon? (from my two Vampirella's)

123discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:54 pm

highwayman57

I just placed an order with Black Ops Toys for some loose items from the Hot Toys Agent Phil Coulson figure.

David

124discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:07 pm

BAD WOLF-787

I recently received my two of my newest acquisitions TBLeague Galaxy Soldier x2 pulse I just ordered Star Man Female Automobile Mechanic  
 pulse extra body and Cat Toys Handywoman Character Set in Yellow from Monkey Depot.

125discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:18 pm

Cobratrooper11

Cobratrooper11
love that this thread has been carried over(if i havent already said so)...last thing i got was a few fire girl outfits. i may be getting a new head soon if i can find one i like that is AA and cop looking. idk whats worse, the lack of selection, or the lack of money ATM.

126discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:06 am

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
My newest acquisition is when she is an really good mood she goes by Lucy.

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 2v2EUgENWxAChVkHosted on Fotki

But when she is in a really foul mood that when she takes off helmet and cape and her horns and wings come out and than she goes by Lucifer.

Also I acquired Tbleague Arhian Pirate and Skarah the Valkyrie (their are still in their boxes) a few weeks ago and I ordered the Cowgirl last week.

127discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:57 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Okay...I'm just getting into 1/6th figures for the first time since 1973 or 74, and because I want to do both WWII and a Post Apocalypse themes, my initial purchases were.....quite a lot, though only one figure.

The figure is a Phicen/TBLeague female S24A figure

The head I ordered for it is this one for Super Duck.  I already know the ball joint socket will be too large  but hope it is not too outsized compared to the body.

https://www.urbansamuraihobbies.com/super-duck-cosplay-series-asian-headsculpts-2-0/

I ordered these Magic Cube shorts which were way too big for the figure and had to be altered with cutting and sewing,

https://www.blackopstoys.com/collections/female/products/magic-cube-military-style-female-od-green-color-short-shorts

Along with this top, which is also too big but will do for now and did not require alteration, though it is loose in the chest

https://www.blackopstoys.com/collections/female/products/magic-cube-military-style-female-beige-top-1

My girl does not yet have any footwear.

For my as of yet un-ordered male figure representing an officer of the Royal Canadian Artillery in Sicily and Italy, 1943, this Khaki bush jacket which dead ringer for the ones I wear on re-enactment weekends
(I have four full sized ones)  

https://www.blackopstoys.com/collections/female/products/magic-cube-military-style-female-beige-top-1

It came with these shorts which I will probably assign to another figure, again pretty close to the ones worn by most members of my volunteer artillery battery.

https://www.veegostore.com/product_info.php?cPath=60_61&products_id=280

An officer's forage cap for my WWII
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Banjoman-1-6-Scale-Custom-WW2-British-Army-Khaki-Service-Cap/191546436626?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648

I was also able to source some 1/6th scale British/Canadian cap badges and rank insignia from a guy in the UK.

I got some boots, hose and puttees too, not to mention a pair of British/Canadian artillery binoculars. A web belt, ammo pouch and Enfield holster also included. Also a tanker's holster and a British/Canadian style Browning HP holster

I went way, way overboard on parted out weapons.  I have already or have coming in the next few days.  

3 x M1928A1 Thompsons and 1 x M1 Thompson (to be split among my post apocalypse and WWII collections)

2 x M1 carbine  (For my post apocalypse collection)

1 x SKS carbine  (For my post apocalypse collection)

1 x Browning HP pistol.  Labelled as a German issue one, but a close look at it reveals that Dragon used a Canadian Inglis Browning (Hooray) as the basis for this casting.

1 x Browning M2HB 50 Cal.  MG.  I honestly don't know what I'll do with this gun, but I had to have it.

1 x S&W .38 Mod 10. Which is close enough to the Smith & Wessons used by the Canadian Army in WWII.

1 x Sterling SMG, identical except for the mag, to the one I carried in the Canadian Army. It will likely be a "Survivor weapon" for my post apocalypse collection.

1 x German G3A3  which is close enough to HK91 that one of my "survivor's" will carry.

1 x Lee-Enfield No1 MkIII rifle.  I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with this one.  They were not used in combat by the Canadian Army in WWII, having been replaced by the No4 rifle, so it may be a post apocalypse rifle also. (or not)

Oh, and I almost forgot; a Howa Type 89 assault rifle. I don't know what I'm gonna do with that one either since the real ones are not exported outside of Japan. It was just too cool looking to pass up.

128discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:08 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Haha! And so it begins. The purchasing of loose parts can be fun... but it can also be time-consuming, frustrating, and expensive. Looking forward to seeing what you put together, ThePhotogsBlog.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 C8485110

129discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:18 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:Haha! And so it begins. The purchasing of loose parts can be fun... but it can also be time-consuming, frustrating, and expensive. Looking forward to seeing what you put together, ThePhotogsBlog.

Yeah, it's a long term project for sure. At least, I won't need to buy any weapons for a while.

130discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:23 am

PureEnergy

I think I may have bought a toy store…

Well, not literally - although I do believe that I will be putting the children of certain eBay sellers through college, as well as supporting a few extended Asian families for the next several years, thanks to the generous holiday spirit that had washed over me at once with a grand stupidity.  

However, since then, I have taken Stryker’s recent advice and have just ordered my first Kumik Sculpt, the lovely KM 18-31…  

And if it does turn out to be yellow, Stryker; well, then, I can only surmise that you are secretly that guy in Hangzhou, Zhejiang…  

Neutral

131discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:38 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
ThePhotogsBlog, that is an EPIC order, and will keep you out of (or in) trouble for a bit. Stryker's right that loose parts are killer on finances, but damned if I don't spend a ton on them too. Psyched to see what you have in store, and glad to see someone else doing some post-apocalyptic figures!

PureEnergy, I wish you the best of luck on your trip down the loose parts rabbit hole. May we see you on the other side. And I'm skeptical (sorry to say) that the Kumik head will match, and I've been avoiding them for years (except in the case of a head I have with some pretty extensive war paint) but I'll be glad to be wrong, and find out they've gotten with the program. Although, If my plan to get good with my recently acquired airbrush pans out, being able to repaint Kumik heads will open up a ton of possibilities.

132discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:15 pm

PureEnergy

ReverendSpooky wrote:PureEnergy, I wish you the best of luck on your trip down the loose parts rabbit hole.  May we see you on the other side.  And I'm skeptical (sorry to say) that the Kumik head will match, and I've been avoiding them for years...

Ah, uh-oh… This is getting curiouser and curiouser…

I hear you, Spooks, but the Sculpt appears to have potential as compared to photos of other Kumiks that I’ve seen - and the images of it seem invariable.  We shall see.  

Stryker’s a Laruso if she’s too yellow.  LOL.   Wink

PS: Congratulations on scoring an airbrush, brother.  Just when I had been about to conclude that your work could not significantly improve, something tells me that you’re about to get awesomer and awesomer

133discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:52 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
PureEnergy wrote:PS: Congratulations on scoring an airbrush, brother.  Just when I had been about to conclude that your work could not significantly improve, something tells me that you’re about to get awesomer and awesomer

Ah, thanks so much man. I stand on the shoulders of giants, and have learned so much of what I know on forums like this. For every project I'm happy with, there are a ton of other things I wish I knew how to do. Learning to use an airbrush well is a big skill I feel the need to master get where I want to be.

http://reverendspooky.com

134discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:25 pm

MerylAkiba

I was still on the fence about getting a SHCC Vampirella, even though I got xmas gift cards, I still wanted to wait. I saw them sold out yesterday late night, it went from 10 last week in stock, to 8 yesterday morning , then 6 yesterday evening, then 4 a few hours, then 2. I ordered one after watching all the reviews on youtube plus I got spooked. I just found my Creepy and Eerie head sculpts that I got when I was a teen, so now i need to make them.

Also, I am using Vallejo Carne Base 70.815 basic skintone paint on my Phicen tans. They match the new pale bodies slightly. Instead of matching the body to my Huntress head, I painted the head in light brush strokes

I also bought a mythic legion weapon set to see if it can be used for Tbleague figures

135discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:02 pm

Peaches

Peaches
Being new, all my purchases are pretty new.  But full set wise, I got Evan Peters as Quicksilver because that actor is so adorable, and I thought the resemblance was awesome.  Then I got Nathan Fillion as Malcolm Reynolds in Firefly. which was a lucky thing.  I was thinking "what action figures would I want, if I could have them?  And I immediately thought Firefly!  I love all the characters in that show!

Now, I've always gotten dolls because I just loved them and they never represented a character or anything, but this time around, because these are action figures, I decided to come up with a goal.  My goal is to embody each of the characters in Firefly.  I think that would really be fun!  So Mal, who is my very newest purchase, is the start, and I'm zeroing in on Kaylee next.  Mal will be the one setting the standard, being professionally made.

And OMG, He-man "what's go'in on" it's been SO LONG!!!

136discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:05 am

ravrohan

In the same boat as Peaches, everything is new.  I ordered quite a few things at once since I had fresh birthday money to burn and was caught up on my bills.  Just got my Phicen female body this past Saturday and today I got the head sculpt.  Originally the head sculpt was going to be a placeholder until the one I really like is released, but having it on the body and having the skin match so well, I think I'm happy as is.  Her expression is perfect.

Unfortunately for her, the clothes I ordered won't be here for another day or two, and its cold.  

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 No_no_by_ravrohan_dcxcj4t-pre

...she's less than thrilled.

137discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:21 am

Peaches

Peaches
Aww, she's a cutie! Congratulations Smile

138discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:37 am

ravrohan

Thanks! My first and future Shadowrunner gets her start Smile

139discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:47 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ravrohan, I was going to say, the headsculpt matches perfectly. You got lucky right off the bat.

140discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:52 pm

ravrohan

GubernatorFan wrote:Ravrohan, I was going to say, the headsculpt matches perfectly. You got lucky right off the bat.

It really feels that way, I love the head sculpt Very Happy Just have to tame her hair a little.

141discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:32 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Man, it's been a rough couple of months on my wallet. Way too many pre-orders, and miscellaneous bits, have hit all at once.

Aside from clothes, weapons, accessories, bodies, head sculpts, and other accessories to make different figures, and finish ones that I needed a body for.

These are the bigger items that have come in:

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 13029-10
discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 20513210
discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 21054410
discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 22165810
discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 17593410
discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 33917210
discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 S-l16100
discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 S-l16101
discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 019
discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 1307
discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 6_413310
discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 1951
discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 00160610
discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 13184910
discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 16491010
discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 17062210
discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 22561910
discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 Dc-com10
discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 Did_la10
discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 Hot_to10
discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 Marvel10
discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 Pd152110
discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 Star-w10

Man! I have a problem...

142discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:49 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, that is QUITE a haul, Stryker! Shocked  I've been curious how that Roman Holiday Audrey Hepburn turned out. And I am super envious of the Purgatori (for customizing related reasons, of course). Razz  All seem like nice items from the promo pics, but the main standouts from my PoV would definitely be the Wonder Womans (Women?? lol), and that Sideshow Obi-Wan. <3

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

143discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:22 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The Roman Holiday Audrey looks EXACTLY like the promo pics (something very unusual in this hobby). She's beautiful -- just like the young Audrey.

The Mythos Obi-Wan is a bit of a surprise, really. Sideshow doesn't exactly have a great track record when it comes to "humans", but this guy turned out awesome, and I'm so very grateful that he looks more like Sir Alec rather than Ewan (no offense to Ewan, I like him as an actor -- I just hated those prequels so bad, I don't want anything to remind me of them .... sorry). A customizer over at the Freaks was making sand-base toppers for Obi, so I picked one of those up, too.

I bought an extra HS and body of Purgatori so I could make a custom character myself -- but she would look great as a Twi'lek. Yeah, the Wonder Woman figures are pretty cool -- my favorite being the Training Armor. I will say, the DiD Roger Moore figure is fantastic -- ten times better than what BCS will no doubt put out; not only does it look like Roger, but it has nice paint apps -- not globbed on like a Barbie.

I love the Hela figure, but I wish Hot Toys would have given us a second head sculpt with her hair down looking all smoking-hot Goth chick; luckily I got in on a custom head sculpt by a guy over in Asia (which killed my chances of POing a couple more figures).

I did also get a Rey (Daisy Ridley) from The Last Jedi (long before I saw the movie); I didn't mind The Force Awakens, though it did seem a little like deja vu watching it. The Last Jedi -- sadly, I turned it off half way through. I guess I'll just stick to Rogue One and the OT from this point forward. Why, Disney? Why?!!!

144discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:14 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ooh, that's GREAT news about that Audrey figure, Stryker! I may actually consider her now. Perhaps even as a gift for a friend of mine who is also a huge fan of hers (and especially that film) -- too bad there's no Gregory Peck to go with her though. :'(

And whoops, I scrolled through so quickly the first time, I must have missed the Bib Fortuna figure -- good choice there, too. ;D

It's great that there's a red-coloured seamless body out there now, so perfect for SW aliens. Your plan for the Purgatori sounds great. (My own intended purpose for her would be for a custom Shaak Ti, to fit in with my current Clone Wars-era focus.)

Now if only they would put out some Blue, Green, and (my dream) ORANGE bodies, lol. I vaguely recall seeing some white and paler blue bodies out there (Lady Death and her maidens?), and I know there's a Hot Toys Gamorra (sp?), but she's way too pricey (for me) to buy just for parts. Le sigh....

I haven't seen any in-hand pics of that Mythos Obi-Wan figure, but he seems nice from the few images I have encountered, and I love the concept of it (and the fact that he looks kinda like a blend of both PT and OT Obi's is very neat). Suddenly reminds me that I always wanted that Mythos unmasked Vader statue, but sadly like most statues, it was always way out of my price range. Razz  

And hey, you don't need to defend liking (or not minding) TFA. While I have a TON of reasons why it hurt and upset me as deeply as it did (so much so that I have actively avoided knowing anything about the rest of the fake sequels films for the sake of my sanity), I've long ago accepted that I am a bit of an outlier in the SW fandom, and I'm more than used to others around me liking those movies. When I'm on tumblr, I can just blacklist everything about them, but it's much trickier to avoid it completely elsewhere. But I've said my piece on that subject many times over now, and these days I tend to just try to focus on the aspects of SW that I *do* enjoy and that I accept as my preferred canon.

So yeah, Rogue One = EXCELLENT. One of the reasons that film worked so well for me was that the basic plot of it has ALWAYS been 'canon', since 1977  -- the whole thing was essentially a fleshed out retelling of the opening scroll of ANH, and I absolutely loved that. :')

But ahhh, sorry for the ramble...hoping you will post in-hand pics of some of these figures soon? Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

145discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:14 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
I love the Roger Moore-James Bond "Live And Let Die" Figure!

146discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:14 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker, nice haul indeed. And it made me feel so much better about my own spending. I have bought plenty of parted-out parts, but only a couple of boxed sets lately (though the emperor and his throne should be arriving anytime now).

147discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:37 pm

Peaches

Peaches
Wow, @Stryker2011, you have excellent eyes! Everything in your haul is so amazing! I would love to hear what you think of the phicen youth body!!?

148discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:02 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Peaches wrote:Wow, @Stryker2011, you have excellent eyes!  Everything in your haul is so amazing!  I would love to hear what you think of the phicen youth body!!?

Other than size, it’s not much different than any of the other TBLs; I’m honestly not sure if it’s a body design they’ve used before or not, either. I have an affinity for ballet dancers, and the impossible way in which they make everything seem so graceful, so I had to have her; I just wish she was in a more “traditional” outfit. I have to pretend in my mind that she’s just at rehearsal.

Oh, one of the things that also just showed up today is that same steampunk outfit in your icon, Peaches.

149discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 6 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:45 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Had to edit one of my pics; realized I put up two of the same motorcycle. The USA chopper in the new pic is pretty nice, but sadly, like most "1/6 scale motorcycles" -- it really isn't. More like 1/7th. I really wish when they made these things, someone actually knew something about motorcycles (like how big they are). I think the closest one I've seen to reality is the Ghost Rider bike. The BMW is almost twice as big as the chopper, and with the raked-out fork, it should have been the other way around -- at least length-wise.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum