OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Latest Purchase...

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 40]

181discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:27 am

Stryker2011

Founding Father
This guy showed up in the mail today (I blame GubernatorFan) tongue

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 Empero10

182discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:37 am

skywalkersaga

Stryker2011 wrote:This guy showed up in the mail today (I blame GubernatorFan) tongue

Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen. ;D

183discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:50 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:This guy showed up in the mail today (I blame GubernatorFan) tongue

That was fast. I look forward to completing your trai... I mean I look forward to reading in the product review thread whether you are actually blaming me or thanking me for the encouragement. Wink

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

184discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:51 am

Stryker2011

Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:

That was fast. I look forward to completing your trai... I mean I look forward to reading in the product review thread whether you are actually blaming me or thanking me for the encouragement. Wink

Oh, no worries. I'm just kidding. I really like this guy. He looks amazing.

185discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:06 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I haven't made a ton of 'major' purchases lately, as a difficult house move combined with the holiday season ended up being quite rough on the finances. Rather, for months now I've been concentrating mainly on gathering various parts, accessories, materials, and other arts and crafts supplies. I used to focus much more on collecting actual figures, but that was when I was just collecting smaller 3.75" scale stuff. Now that I'm focusing so much on 1/6 scale, it's a bit difficult for me to justify constantly purchasing new/boxed/complete figures. :/

That said, since the holidays I *have* made a couple of purchases -- some practical, some indulgent -- that I consider significant enough to mention here:

1) the s25b tbleague body:

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 S-l16010

Not an actual figure, but a purchase that has proven to be a HUGE breakthrough for me in terms of opening up possibilities for several of my WIP projects. I had been vacillating over getting one of these 'shorter' bodies for months, and honestly wish I had taken a chance on them so sooner, as it would have saved me a lot of stress. It may not be 100% perfect in terms of being an exact match for certain characters, but just having a seamless body in a more petite stature is SO helpful. As it is now, I'm hoping to use it for not just one but several figures that I'd been struggling with for a while.

Massive thanks to GubernatorFan for helping me decide on this one! Very Happy

2) ThreeZero 1/6 Daryl Dixon:

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 S-l16011

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 S-l16012

A figure that's been on my wishlist for a while, and one that I finally caved in recently and 'gifted' to myself. :p I was a tad nervous as this was my first ever non-Star Wars 1/6 scale figure, so I wasn't sure what to expect in terms of overall quality. But as I mentioned on the review thread, despite the flaws that have already been noted by others, I absolutely adore him and could not be happier with him. Very Happy

and last but most certainly NOT least....

3) Hot Toys Count Dooku !!!

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 S-l16011

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 S-l16014

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 S-l16013

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 S-l16012

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 S-l16013

What can I say.... Sir Christopher Lee is EVERYTHING.  <3 <3 <3

Ok, technically not a purchase, but a preorder. Razz My undying love for Sir Chris as well as for the entire Prequels/Clone Wars/Twilight of the Republic era makes this one unmissable for me. Not only that, but he will be an extremely versatile figure for my collection, as I will be able to display him with both my 'official' Hot Toys figures as well as with several of my (eventual) Clone Wars customs. Some of my fave lightsaber duels from that period are the Anakin vs. Dooku duels (the two from the Prequel films, but also the various encounters between them throughout the Clone Wars animated series) so I can't freaking wait. Very Happy

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

186discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:29 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool purchase on Christopher Lee. Hopefully when you get him, you’ll share your thoughts. I’d be interested to see how the head sculpt turns out.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 C8485110

187discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:41 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks, and I will do for sure! Like with anything, I'm sure it will be slightly different in person, but I'm hoping for the best... ^.^

188discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:15 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
My Sideshow Scout Trooper 2.0 showed up yesterday. Still waiting on the Speeder Bike from Sideshow to get mailed.

189discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:03 am

ravrohan

Pretty much finished my female figure. Just need her weapons to arrive, and I need to decide if I want to make a back skirt to her outfit or not.

190discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:30 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:My Sideshow Scout Trooper 2.0 showed up yesterday. Still waiting on the Speeder Bike from Sideshow to get mailed.

Exciting! Very Happy

And that's always a great feeling, ravrohan!

191discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:59 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Speeder Biker shipped from Sideshow (not expected to arrive until next Tuesday, though). But these guys arrived today. The Sideshow Buboicullaar Creature Pack (Exclusive Edition -- with extra Swamp Rat):

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 21441_10

I honestly never realized how big these things were until I opened the box. Then I had to go back and find a picture -- turns out I had seen them all along:

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 Jabba_12

And my Jabba the Hutt should be shipping today, as well. (My wallet could use some ointment from all the reaming it's been getting lately. Razz )

192discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:01 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ahh, how fun! I can't wait to see pics of this whole thing all set up!! I'm in Return of the Jedi heaven with all these !!!

193discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:57 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The Sideshow Exclusive Luke Skywalker (A New Hope) showed up today. Very cool.

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 2050

194discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:31 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
VERY nice!

195discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:31 am

Peaches

Peaches
So many wonderful Star Wars goodies!  They're really  fantastic!

I  also think Eomer looks fantastic!  I recognized who he was instantly in your photo, @Stryker2011 Smile as I was scrolling around quickly Smile

I also love those dogs and horses etc... only thing keeping me from grabbing one is the price, LOL... and since I'm focusing on Firefly, there are no dogs on the ship Very Happy

196discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:07 am

blackpool

blackpool
Can't show anything yet cause I'm waiting for the packages but I should receive Fox Mulder quite soon, as well as the bathroom diorama set...

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 S-l640

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 15_fb5a220c-8cd5-42b3-92fa-0aa7f6bcedaf_1024x1024e_1024x1024

I was weak but a friend was selling his RAH frozen Elsa, I grabbed her for my gf, but I'll take some pics of her as well (reason why I know she has moveable eyes lmao)

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 4530956107295-j00_1

And to finish, that's not 1/6 but 1/10th scale only, I preordered the full pack of ninja turtles when Neca announced their re-edition of the exclusives, they are on the way too, I can't wait to put my hands on these lil guys!!!

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 NECA-SDCC-Exclusive-Teeange-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-1990-Movie-Promo-Featured

197discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:28 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Come on, Blackpool. Don't be embarrassed. You bought Elsa for yourself. It's okay. Wink

I bought the Emma Watson/Belle figure awhile ago, even though I haven't seen the movie, and I'm not really a fan of the actress; I just thought it was a well-done figure and set with all the accessories, and the sculpt is nice.

Nice haul. I had no idea they reissued the '80s Turtles. They look really good. Hopefully the QC on them is better than what Roger's been getting with the Gremlins.

198discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:28 am

blackpool

blackpool
Stryker2011 wrote:Come on, Blackpool. Don't be embarrassed. You bought Elsa for yourself. It's okay.  Wink

I bought the Emma Watson/Belle figure awhile ago, even though I haven't seen the movie, and I'm not really a fan of the actress; I just thought it was a well-done figure and set with all the accessories, and the sculpt is nice.

Nice haul. I had no idea they reissued the '80s Turtles. They look really good. Hopefully the QC on them is better than what Roger's been getting with the Gremlins.

Haha no I swear Elsa is not for me! (I have plenty enough with my phicen, n now they have a bathtub lol)

More seriously it's a present as my girlfriend loves Disney characters and tends to get more and more addicted to toys/dolls/figures collecting (dunno who she got that from!) Personally I have very little interest for Medicom products, and even less for the Frozen franchise, I remember a cute movie with awfully annoying songs lol (but she'll make a nice guest for my incredibles!)

I totally understand you on grabbing Belle, I grabbed an Emma Watson headsculpt just for the cuteness of her smile, and I'm really happy with it even if I didn't find any use for it yet (she might become my personal MaryJane for Spiderman)

About the turtles, I heard only good things about them for now so fingers crossed, they are actually shrunk versions from their own 1/4th scale release, let's hope they know their job at that point! I'll share some pics when I get them if you want Smile

199discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:35 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
blackpool wrote:I totally understand you on grabbing Belle, I grabbed an Emma Watson headsculpt just for the cuteness of her smile, and I'm really happy with it even if I didn't find any use for it yet (she might become my personal MaryJane for Spiderman)

About the turtles, I heard only good things about them for now so fingers crossed, they are actually shrunk versions from their own 1/4th scale release, let's hope they know their job at that point! I'll share some pics when I get them if you want Smile

Don’t forget about this set for Mary Jane:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1073-new-product-flirty-girl-collectibles-new-1-6-women-s-casual-wear-two-models-with-front-page-two-models?highlight=Flirty+Girl+Mary

And, yes. I’d like to see the Turtles when you get them.

200discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:06 am

ravrohan

Pretty much everything I have is a recent purchase, and my first lady is done.  I just need to decide which pictures to post.  

I got this for her, and I'm not sure it'll work out, but I regret nothing, it's pretty cool anyway.

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 Palisa10

201discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:09 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s a pretty cool looking weapon. Looking forward to seeing your figure.

202discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:00 am

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
ravrohan wrote:Pretty much everything I have is a recent purchase, and my first lady is done.  I just need to decide which pictures to post.  

I got this for her, and I'm not sure it'll work out, but I regret nothing, it's pretty cool anyway.

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 Palisa10

Nice prop! Gotta be a use for it somewhere!

203discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:18 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
These two arrived today:

The Sideshow Exclusive Tusken Raider with the extra long rifle (snagged from an eBay seller):

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 Tusken10

There isn't anymore that I can add, that scalawag hasn't already covered on the Tusken Raider (other than I'm happy I FINALLY got one). See scalawag's review here:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t137-mini-review-tusken-raider?highlight=Tusken+Raider

and this showed up today, as well:

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 10103211

I don't have time at the moment, but if anyone's interested, I can do a mini-review of the Mr. Z Gorilla when I get back from physical therapy... Let me know.

204discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:19 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Very nice SW find, as always!

And that Gorilla looks amazing, would of course love to see more pics. : )

205discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:34 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Congratulations on your new acquisitions. Perhaps you should show some comparison shots with the Gorilla vs Tusken Raider. Smile

206discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:44 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Congratulations on your new acquisitions. Perhaps you should show some comparison shots with the Gorilla vs Tusken Raider. Smile

Aw man, I wish I'd thought of that.

Well, here's what came today. (I have a serious problem...). Haven't messed with them yet.

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 18210
discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 Star-w11
discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 Fb_img10
discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 11242310

207discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:05 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I think you know which one is my fave, but I have to say the others are nice choices too!

That Neo looks really good, and the one in the last pic is something I'd been eyeing up myself .... really love that outfit!

208discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:41 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:I think you know which one is my fave, but I have to say the others are nice choices too!

That Neo looks really good, and the one in the last pic is something I'd been eyeing up myself .... really love that outfit!

Her outfit is super cool. And the head sculpt looks as good in hand as it did in the proto pics. But that coat, and her boots are my favorite parts.

209discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 8 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:43 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The coat is amazing...something I'd totally wear in real life!

And those boots look really nice for 'cloth' boots.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum