OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 24]

shovelchop81

Rogerbee wrote:
Who doesn't love a good army build!?

Nice!

CHEERS!

You should see my LOTR collection in that scale upstairs, got every figure made bar one or two like the Jackson one, it's a right mess at the moment, half the room's floor is covered in these and the other half in GI Joe Sigma6!

Stryker2011 wrote:Man. I could get lost in your place. Sooo much to look at it. How much more are you going to do to that shield with the Bull crest? Will it still look like a bull? Or more "Demon"-like?

Not even sure if I'll use it but modifying the bull's head into a demon is a great idea!

GubernatorFan wrote:Great army, Shovelchop! Given the number of sixth-scale figures you've been doing based on this franchise, I wouldn't be surprised if you turn it into a sixth-scale version soon. Smile

LOL, Think I'll be burnt out on LOTR related stuff for a while after the 15(?) builds I have still lined up!!

Only had a quid in the account so these are all the souvlaki sticks I could order, shame two out of the 6 are factory rejects...not impressed! Will still make the wraith's arrows though.
Gondorian wraith's basic armour is now on, still need to fix the shoulder and ankle issues but fits the body perfectly otherwise which very lucky!! Very Happy

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 XowdZmy

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 BuZoIeD

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 1Cd6g7X

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 Emz8sYE

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 CaXO0TE

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 RYOIOrl

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 UKWfgHo

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 PyxElv7

Rogerbee

Founding Father
Be prepared for a few additions. I'l be sorting out my inventory soon. I'm hoping there's stuff you want as there's too much to take with me!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

Rogerbee wrote:Be prepared for a few additions. I'l be sorting out my inventory soon. I'm hoping there's stuff you want as there's too much to take with me!

CHEERS!

Good! I need those oversized hobbit bodies for my dwarves! Wink

shovelchop81

Fixed the ankle articulation issue and removed the pauldrons that will be connected to the sword catchers and mounted to the torso armour using pleather so they are articulated. To fill in the exposed gap (as the arms are now free to move in and out separate from the pauldrons) I put in random pieces of armour that seem to work. Also sorted out the gauntlets using the ones I'd initially made for the Easterling wraith but opted not to use as the wrists looked too skinny but now combined with modded Marx gauntlets they look the part. Added pointed knee guards to match the gauntlets and start the pointy theme of the armour mods to come like the modded elbow guards etc..
I have some metal scale like mail from a purse that I'll divide in two and paint to be the armoured skirts (starting to sound like this guy is cross dressing but he's not! Laughing ) and they stylised wings for the helmet, skull face may go on a shield not sure if I'm even giving him one yet.

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 Y1KObEe

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 OYq36W6

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 BV8xqqF

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 J0HZXAA

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 H4GmCfu

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 Ng3mE37

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 D0KgR6F

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 Gp1g5o0

dadrab

dadrab
Got me drooling already with this one.

Another Chopped masterpiece in the making.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:
Rogerbee wrote:Be prepared for a few additions. I'l be sorting out my inventory soon. I'm hoping there's stuff you want as there's too much to take with me!

CHEERS!

Worry not, they will be included!

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I've been thinking about this for a long time. If only companies designing and producing these figures were actually based and building in Britain (or Europe and the States), you would have been able to become one of their chief designers (even if telecommuting from the safety of your home).

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looking good. That armor looks pretty impressive. (By the way did you happen to catch that YouTube video of the guys in full armor showing the speed and range of motion that they had -- debunking the idea that it was all too cumbersome for serious movement?)

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:I've been thinking about this for a long time. If only companies designing and producing these figures were actually based and building in Britain (or Europe and the States), you would have been able to become one of their chief designers (even if telecommuting from the safety of your home).

I'm honoured you think that, thank you! Sadly in my experience once a hobby you love becomes a job you quickly lose your passion for it and certainly don't want to do it on your time off! But then again I hate being told how to do things or what to do so that would explain some of it as well Wink .

Stryker2011 wrote:Looking good. That armor looks pretty impressive. (By the way did you happen to catch that YouTube video of the guys in full armor showing the speed and range of motion that they had -- debunking the idea that it was all too cumbersome for serious movement?)

Cheers! Seen quite a few videos on that subject with general consensus being a knight's armour weighs about the same as a modern soldier's field gear but is more evenly distributed so the knight actually feels the weight less and so on.. I've worn a full steel mail sleeved tunic, plated gauntlets and sallet helm with a gorget and that was plenty heavy!!
Only done bits and bobs for both figures as I've spent all weekend swearing and going ouch due to nerves in my jaw playing up...not fun and impossible to concentrate, eat or sleep. Basically some armour mods, helmet design in progress and arrows for the Ronin Wraith too.

What is it with working class Brits that they have no idea how to BBQ and just stink you out with cheap charcoal and lighter fluid smoke?! The "food" they use is so crap you can't even smell them cooking....guess they get too drunk and forget...yes I'm old and grumpy! pirat

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 BoQwG6h

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 YYqJoEb

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 Pkihl1Z

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 NiFB9O6

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 X0fypKq

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 X2C1E4j

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 2raSZZP

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 2CBSTYU

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 KmTlSun

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 YFC8RYz

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 WRidfFA

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 XqoGl1q

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 HX9tFmp

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 AMwdd5x

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 VGDV0J6

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 WUZBmkw

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 THyjWzS

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool looking. Like the helmet wings.

Hope you feel better soon.

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:

CHEERS!

Worry not, they will be included!

CHEERS!

Thanks Roger!

Stryker2011 wrote:Very cool looking. Like the helmet wings.

Hope you feel better soon.

Thank you Mark! So do I, never had a problem with my teeth until last year...sucks!

Helmet's starting to take shape now, I'll still be using those wings and perhaps even more for a look like Elendil's helm, we'll see.

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 RYhnS7R

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 4YNZFEf

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 UkLbLFq

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

More great work there,

I've been thinking of setting up as a painter myself, once I've had a bit of practice, but, the one thing putting me off would be generation impatient where they want it all done yesterday. I used to deal with this guy in Essex who'd dump half a dozen heads on me and want me to do them. He didn't get impatient on the whole, but, it became a chore after a while and I lost a lot of my enthusiasm. That was when my techniques were pretty basic, were I to incorporate what Darren does, hmm, that would take more time and lead to more impatience.

I'm not saying never, but, I'm not going to dive in unless I'm sure I could make it work either

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
More great work there,

I've been thinking of setting up as a painter myself, once I've had a bit of practice, but, the one thing putting me off would be generation impatient where they want it all done yesterday. I used to deal with this guy in Essex who'd dump half a dozen heads on me and want me to do them. He didn't get impatient on the whole, but, it became a chore after a while and I lost a lot of my enthusiasm. That was when my techniques were pretty basic, were I to incorporate what Darren does, hmm, that would take more time and lead to more impatience.

I'm not saying never, but, I'm not going to dive in unless I'm sure I could make it work either

CHEERS!

Have you even finished your KO Hulk yet? Just saying..... Wink

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
No,

I'm not saying I never will. I want to move, get settled and see what happens. It depends how stuck for cash I get as to what I do, I may not need to and will continue with it as a hobby, just have to see....

It's easier when you can do what you want when you want and don't have to fit round someone else's routine,

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That helmet's coming along nicely. Looking wicked.

Good luck, Roger, if you decide to do the HS painting thing again.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think I have a fetish for helmets, and shovelchop has just made my day. Smile

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:That helmet's coming along nicely. Looking wicked.

Hmm, you never know.......

I'll see how my kits turn out.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:No,

I'm not saying I never will. I want to move, get settled and see what happens. It depends how stuck for cash I get as to what I do, I may not need to and will continue with it as a hobby, just have to see....

It's easier when you can do what you want when you want and don't have to fit round someone else's routine,

CHEERS!

Very good point, I've lived on my own for most of my life (with the exception of living with girlfriends for usually 6 months max at a time before I literally go nuts bounce ) so I take it for granted but REALLY enjoy it as well! pirat .

Stryker2011 wrote:That helmet's coming along nicely. Looking wicked.

GubernatorFan wrote:I think I have a fetish for helmets, and shovelchop has just made my day. Smile

Thanks guys! Glued the wings on, tried them the other way up but it looked like Mr. Spock!! affraid

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 WEIfZjs

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 UfhsPi0

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 JPK95qd

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 LqC7P3w

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
"Very good point, I've lived on my own for most of my life (with the exception of living with girlfriends for usually 6 months max at a time before I literally go nuts bounce ) so I take it for granted but REALLY enjoy it as well! pirat ."

I will too, but only if it's a detached property. I want to kick back and enjoy some tunes without anyone kicking my door in.

CHEERS!

dadrab

dadrab
Man, when I saw the photo above...

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 2CBSTYU

...I immediately thought of my favorite Space Ghost villain.

I present Metallus:

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 Sgc2c_xmas94_04

Not bad for 1966...

Excellent work, Sir chop.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:"Very good point, I've lived on my own for most of my life (with the exception of living with girlfriends for usually 6 months max at a time before I literally go nuts bounce ) so I take it for granted but REALLY enjoy it as well! pirat ."

I will too, but only if it's a detached property. I want to kick back and enjoy some tunes without anyone kicking my door in.

CHEERS!

Sadly I hardly ever listen to music any more since I don't drink, the two go hand in hand like coffee and a smoke for me. If I start drinking and listening to music I end up going right down memory lane which thanks to depression turns into a distorted nightmare mess. I'd love a detached property too though so I would never have to be concerned about shooting my airguns or living/working antisocial hours since making parts can be pretty noisy! Halfway there, I'm semi detached! Wink

dadrab wrote:Man, when I saw the photo above...

...I immediately thought of my favorite Space Ghost villain.

I present Metallus:

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 Sgc2c_xmas94_04

Not bad for 1966...

Excellent work, Sir chop.

Brilliant! That really is spot on and a cool design too especially for the time! I would have thought 80's at the earliest. My inspiration of a similar vein is from a villain toy I had as a kid, I think they were called micronaughts for absolutely no reason as they weren't tiny like the US or Japanese ones and they were held together with magnets so they could make cool centaurs etc..

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 Micronauts---emperor-p-image-246813-grande

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 Micronauts---emperor-p-image-246814-grande

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Oh, man! Micronauts! I had one when I was a kid. Can't remember which one. I just remember he was white, and had similar torso armor to this one, but that's all I can remember about him. (My "Memory Lane" is getting fuzzier when it comes to my childhood.)

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Oh, man! Micronauts! I had one when I was a kid. Can't remember which one. I just remember he was white, and had similar torso armor to this one, but that's all I can remember about him. (My "Memory Lane" is getting fuzzier when it comes to my childhood.)

I had all the 6.5" magnetic ones and their horses but typically as a young teenager left them all and many other classic impossible to find now toys in a basement when we moved house as I'd "out grown them"....idiot...they're like gold dust now!!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Micronauts, god, that's taking me back, I had some. Couldn't say exactly what I had, but I definitely had some.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Done a little building but mostly glueing and painting to match parts, cover any damage etc..getting there, incorporating more of the Gondorian wings motif with plenty more parts in the pipeline to be included yet.

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 DHAzvvi

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 M1iym4i

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 WjSQePc

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 Shb1iKP

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 MZqEA8n

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 2hmjCne

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 PeQFwTB

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 8mhL4dz

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 XmwLcco

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 AELRd4s

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 PtdwboW

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 RF9b6lN

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 9O8GtEV

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 MRbSzFh

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 L7tTVEr

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 BOWhk1V

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 8 FPVWG7h

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Cracking stuff!

I would never have thought of using a hairbrush for helmet parts. Most inventive. You have such a unique eye for things. Wish I had it, I can't scratchbuild to save my life.

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:Cracking stuff!

I would never have thought of using a hairbrush for helmet parts. Most inventive. You have such a unique eye for things. Wish I had it, I can't scratchbuild to save my life.

CHEERS!

This + 10. I never would have thought of that. Ingenious.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Man, that helmet is coming out fearsome. I love the design. And that hairbrush idea is straight up brilliant! I may have to steal that trick some day.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81

CHEERS!

Stryker2011 wrote:

CHEERS!

This + 10. I never would have thought of that. Ingenious.

ReverendSpooky wrote:Man, that helmet is coming out fearsome.  I love the design.  And that hairbrush idea is straight up brilliant! I may have to steal that trick some day.

Thanks guys! I normally use metal hairbrush pins for studs but the fibreboard was a little to fragile wiggle them in so I opted for plastic this time. I've used hairbrush bristles/pins for all kinds of things over the years, aerials, studs, buttons etc..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum