OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 24  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 24]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Whoah! This is looking very cool. Love the light up flame effects. And those nails in the pauldrons (be careful!). Wicked!

shovelchop81

dadrab wrote:That damn battle axe will get you coming and going, won't it?

Mighty nice.

GubernatorFan wrote:In the words of Johnny Storm, "flame on"!

I need a good, classic Fantastic Four for the collection.

Thanks! Well I've got these Jonny Storm figures that are cheap and easy to find in 1/6

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 599dGAr

Had this one but he got coverted into the light up fire ninja shown on the previous page, also have a big Ben Grimm, had a nicer one too but he got turned into part of my Titanium Man build years ago, always meant to replace that version, there are versions of Mr. Fantastic and The Invisible Woman (Susan Storm?) out there cheap but quite nice for display too.

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 2rU0Z77

Got a really nice Silver Surfer and Doctor Doom too with full armour and fabric clothing.

So no one's guessed what I have planed for Sauron's staff weapon yet then? Here's another clue.

A cross between this

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 Kung-fu-stick-three-sections-combination-stick-Splicing-shaolin-finishing-wax-rod-send-bag_1024x1024

This

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 Tc-25-34

and this but with the crazy weapon ends as well

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 New-arrival-nine-section-chain-whip-9-section-chain-whip-nine-section-chain-whip

Rogerbee

Founding Father
All could be lethal in the right/wrong hands!

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:All could be lethal in the right/wrong hands!

Sauron being a super-wizard, would he even need weapons... although I guess he had some in the battle where the ring was lost...

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

shovelchop81

shovelchop81

CHEERS!

And to the user, the chain whip is considered the most difficult weapon in the Shaolin Monk's Kung Fu arsenal to master. Saw this yesterday and I want one! It's called a razor whip and is real with live blades not a prop or toy, annoyingly haven't found one that will ship here yet.

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 V6kFCXv

GubernatorFan wrote:

Sauron being a super-wizard, would he even need weapons... although I guess he had some in the battle where the ring was lost...

Well he does like to bash things!

Just found this too

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Mmmm, I wonder why that might be......

Apparently, when Bruce Lee made it big over here, there were a lot of thefts of chains from public toilets.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Mmmm, I wonder why that might be......

Apparently, when Bruce Lee made it big over here, there were a lot of thefts of chains from public toilets.

CHEERS!

I can't believe nunchucks and balisogs are still banned here and a lot of countries just because they became popular with kids back in the 70's and 80's! Opening a balisong takes five times longer than opening a regular folder with a thumb stud! I know as I've owned one in Greece since I was 9! And nunchucks, well you just tend to bash yourself stupid with them!
Anyway... on with the build, that 50cm of EL Wire was long enough...just!! I still need to attach the flames that I hollowed out, now including the two lower ones on the armour. Done a bit more work on the pauldrons but not finished yet.

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 NtLdZtP

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 5b5wnkb

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 KrF9zWV

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 7pwckax

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 1N4H5j3

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 IszNPY6

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 XvwVomP

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 Nh15jc9

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 ZVID0eO

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 KNPWB52

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 TffnnrU

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 7BqdLu2

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Those shoulder pieces look cool with the added chain.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Both the fire and the pauldrons look better and better.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Could be lights, camera, action soon....

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Those shoulder pieces look cool with the added chain.

Cheers! They will have axe blades added across them to create a cool silhouette and a repaint so the chain etc.. match the rest of the figures armour.

GubernatorFan wrote:Both the fire and the pauldrons look better and better.

Thanks GF!

Rogerbee wrote:Could be lights, camera, action soon....

CHEERS!

A lot to do first mate, weapons and a throne for a start!

Used hot glue to attach and merge the flames to the EL Wire and chest/armour pieces, then took a while to tidy up. Painted red ink to blend them in but allow translucency still, attached the parts to the body and seems to be lighting up well, bearing in mind I'm trying to shield it from very bright sunlight in these pics. I'll be adding some mail here and there I think but not much, perhaps none. I still need to touch up the silver on the ribcage armour where red ink smeared and glue damaged paint when removing parts. He still has full chest and abdomen articulation and I've gone over that bright spot with more ink since the pic was taken.

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 EoDavRI

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 R2FLYvZ

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 Zvj5PKw

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 JJ5utHj

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 MrmopOL

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Be good to see those flames in the dark. The matt does add to them greatly.

CHEERS!

dadrab

dadrab
I'm mesmerized.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Be good to see those flames in the dark. The matt does add to them greatly.

CHEERS!

dadrab wrote:I'm mesmerized.

Cheers! We don't get much darkness at this time of year but managed to be awake for some of it! Wink Got pics of the eyes & Eye lit up at the same time too, been toying with the idea of changing 'The Eye' LED from red to yellow but it's hard to get to now everything is glued.

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 9kmpYGo

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 CUSbsaB

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 VLn8KdJ

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 RMpZFB9

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
The flames do actually work, and, sadly, yeah, the eye would look better in yellow! (Don't scream!)

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool. I love those flame effects.

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wow. The body flames look absolutely perfect! Wish you hadn't glued the eye and Eye yet, so as you could make them match. But knowing you, you won't stop until it's just right. Wink

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:The flames do actually work, and, sadly, yeah, the eye would look better in yellow! (Don't scream!)

CHEERS!

LOL, don't worry been a less stressful week!

Stryker2011 wrote:Very cool. I love those flame effects.

GubernatorFan wrote:Wow. The body flames look absolutely perfect! Wish you hadn't glued the eye and Eye yet, so as you could make them match. But knowing you, you won't stop until it's just right. Wink

Thanks guys and yes I have a bright orange LED right in front of me and will begin disassembly shortly. Going to hook up the eyes and 'The Eye' (with new orange LED) directly to the ON switch so they can stay on without having to activate the push button that's not very reliable. I can't connect them to the EL Wire supply annoyingly as that would be so much easier because the wire is AC and the LEDs are DC.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Sounds good so long as it works.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Sounds good so long as it works.

CHEERS!

Well that would be the idea....duh.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Ahuh!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
I think I jinxed myself with that dumb comment I made, Got it all working great then found when I switched it off, the switch itself was shorting out causing the batteries to heat up and expand, lucky I caught it! Back to the drawing board then, we rewiring anyway, I think some solder on a switch terminal must have been touching another terminal, either way going to extend all the wiring to get better clearances. At least I finished painting legs/brackets of the large glass table I found a neighbour had left out in bits (all the bits luckily!) to throw away, shame the rain got to it and rusted it up but a coat of black primer has fixed that. I'll be using it to display all these Wraith with Sauron etc.. it's a big table! I had trouble just getting the glass to my house, had to place it on one boots and shuffle all the way! Shocked Shouldn't be surprised, the PC's being playing up, slow as hell and the camera app I normally use is on the blink too, must be the bloody heat!! Mad

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 30eUOwy

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 UumPWjz

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 GBSQJSR

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 Uw8FYoF

And in bits again, I had him completely rebuilt too! Evil or Very Mad

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 UiGl3dw

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 Lx9tw2d

Table

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 3jrtQcd

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 Z8jLzYz

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 GilhKoZ

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 Wyjftt1

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 P70SZOL

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 JzIgsCF

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 HxJ7IfT

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Oh, dude. That sucks. I applaud you for sticking with it, despite the setbacks.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I'm sure you'll figure it out, it would have been in a skip months ago if that had been me.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Oh, dude. That sucks. I applaud you for sticking with it, despite the setbacks.

Thanks! Unfortunately I'm out of batteries for the soldering iron, works great for getting in those tricky places on bikes but a pain in the butt for regular use so I'll order a cheap plug in one on Wednesday and more batteries; I'll dig around the house and raid my 1:1 FX lightsaber collection for batteries later. For now I've been putting the table together to display these guys! And since I'm taking a brief build break picture wise, here's a holy grail figure I found 2nd hand for a sane price, the Hot Toys Iron Man Avengers Stealth Suit exclusive figure. I was initially worried he'd just blend into the display thinking he was all black but he's not! Check out that cool dark copper digital tiger stripe camo on the matte graphite grey paint. then there's all the translucent smoky black parts as well as the silver tampos, he has inspection markings on his crotch and butt! LOL. Oh yeah, rigged up a redneck A/C system for my PC!

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 SJOsc6t

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 1uek544

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 U0sZ0by

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 8ujVfup

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 GTeVIpv

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 UtFo2At

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 LI6Rzw0

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 KxjNXNF

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 APPjqsj

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 4xWgGFL

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I have a somewhat less crude version in my PC. I fitted a liquid cooling unit with a radiator, best move I ever made, I can run my PC in any conditions now. If you value computers I'd suggest an upgrade, that thing looks ancient!

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
When you're on a roll like that, waiting for new supplies can be torture. Hang in there.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:I have a somewhat less crude version in my PC. I fitted a liquid cooling unit with a radiator, best move I ever made, I can run my PC in any conditions now. If you value computers I'd suggest an upgrade, that thing looks ancient!

CHEERS!

It is, found it in a skip years ago! Just rebuilt it on the inside so got 700gig of storage! Wink
p.s. would it really hurt you to say something nice for a change? You can be so damn negative at times, I suffer from chronic depression as you know but still try to come across positive even if I'm feeling like just giving up on life completely, not always but I try.

GubernatorFan wrote:When you're on a roll like that, waiting for new supplies can be torture. Hang in there.

Well found some batteries in the lightsabers that still had plenty of juice thanks to my multimeter tests. All rewired, reinsulated and tested for any shorts, even kept a digital thermometer on the batteries in the 'off' mode to make sure. Back together now and working as planed, orange LED in 'The Eye' and all the lights controlled by the slide switch, only the voice activation needs the push button switch now which is still working fine.

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 YaeSSzC

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 T69j8ql

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 SfT7Hc9

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 16 JzQWKzW

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the gorgeous close-ups. The eye looks lighter and brighter, so I think it was worth it. And glad you found suitable batteries.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum