OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 24]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Would be interesting to see how it turns out in the end.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Rogerbee

Founding Father
Didn't know he liked garden furniture, still, fits the time of year I guess. LOL!

I do have a spare graphics card knocking about, not sure it'd fit your motherboard though.

CHEERS!

dadrab

Well, damn...

That's going to look killer once you get it painted...uncomfortable as hell, but he's a damn necromancer anyhow, so what does he care about comfort? bounce

Mighty fine work going on there, sir. Looking forward to more, as always.

shovelchop81

GubernatorFan wrote:Would be interesting to see how it turns out in the end.

Should look the part when all the detail is added.

Rogerbee wrote:Didn't know he liked garden furniture, still, fits the time of year I guess. LOL!

I do have a spare graphics card knocking about, not sure it'd fit your motherboard though.

CHEERS!

LOL, well hopefully it will be a lot more Mordor like where there is no summer when done.
Already ordered a graphics card, should have it Monday, can't come soon enough! Thanks though.

dadrab wrote:Well, damn...

That's going to look killer once you get it painted...uncomfortable as hell, but he's a damn necromancer anyhow, so what does he care about comfort? bounce

Mighty fine work going on there, sir. Looking forward to more, as always.

There's actually a padded seat lol! But since he's not even a physical being as such encased in armour (mostly) I doubt it would make a difference! ;-)

Black now and added 'crests' with a size comparison to a 12" custom of mine.

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 LOS1EkO

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 1UvelHW

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 POl65ez

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 VttK0v3

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Aye aye, someone's got the horn! I'm sure it'll look ace with all the accessories added. Do that in 1/1 and you might get a job at Ikea!

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Interesting use of the clothing. I’m surprised it works so well. Nicely done.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Aye aye, someone's got the horn! I'm sure it'll look ace with all the accessories added. Do that in 1/1 and you might get a job at Ikea!

CHEERS!

Ugh!! No thanks, my work has way more personality than bloody Ikea! That would be the creativity equivalent of ripping my arms off! Wink

Stryker2011 wrote:Interesting use of the clothing. I’m surprised it works so well. Nicely done.

Thanks! Should look better when dry brushed or sponged with silvers and ink.

Done some filling with milliput then some filing, dremelling, spray painting and gluing. Doing the armrests next then got all those insectile bone legs to paint and mount around the 'skirt' of the throne with some other spikey bits to incorporate into the silhouette too, perhaps a chain or two as well.

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 CKWd5Pp

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 HJo0e1p

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 DGWJtSt

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 VeyuWr0

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 P1ziM2h

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 AAjnqDs

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looking very promising already. I know it will look beautiful when you're done with it. The uncomfortable chair requiring armor comment made me think of the throne from Game of Thrones and all the comments (physical and metaphorical) about it on the show. Besides, perhaps this is how Sauron keeps his seat from being usurped... you could make it even lethal for mere mortals...
By the way, I love your computer desktop background. Vikings rule. The show, not the damn raiding and pillaging bastards (how easy it is to become desensitized when their depredations lie a thousand years ago).

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Looking very promising already. I know it will look beautiful when you're done with it. The uncomfortable chair requiring armor comment made me think of the throne from Game of Thrones and all the comments (physical and metaphorical) about it on the show. Besides, perhaps this is how Sauron keeps his seat from being usurped... you could make it even lethal for mere mortals...
By the way, I love your computer desktop background. Vikings rule. The show, not the damn raiding and pillaging bastards (how easy it is to become desensitized when their depredations lie a thousand years ago).

Well actually speaking as an Irishman, we're half Celt half Viking (slavery back and forth plus Viking settlements in Ireland), So are the Scots well Pict/Celt/Viking. The English ended up more French and German thanks to the Angles and Saxons, then later William The Conqueror, campaigns in France etc.. It's commonly thought that the Welsh are the last of the true Britons due to a much lower invasion history mostly due to the terrain and weather; the Romans gave up for example! LOL it also explains the uniqueness of the Welsh language since it's nothing like Gaelic, English, French, German etc...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:Well actually speaking as an Irishman, we're half Celt half Viking (slavery back and forth plus Viking settlements in Ireland), So are the Scots well Pict/Celt/Viking. The English ended up more French and German thanks to the Angles and Saxons, then later William The Conqueror, campaigns in France etc.. It's commonly thought that the Welsh are the last of the true Britons due to a much lower invasion history mostly due to the terrain and weather; the Romans gave up for example! LOL it also explains the uniqueness of the Welsh language since it's nothing like Gaelic, English, French, German etc...

Not to go off on a tangent, but since you brought it up... Just because we're descended from people doesn't mean we should be blind to their faults (although I am not saying that's exactly where you're going with this -- though you are pointing out a legitimate paradox in the British and Irish viewing the Vikings as "other"). The English are plenty Viking too, especially in the north and east (the old Danelaw + East Anglia + Northumbria), and the Normans were of course descended from Vikings (though intermarried and acculturated with the population of Gaul where they had settled over a century before conquering England). As for the Welsh, that part of Britain was under Roman rule, just not heavily urbanized and Romanized (but also remember that some northern and even less Romanized Britons moved there in the 5th century -- Cunedda Wledig of the Votadini and all that). I know little about Celtic languages, so I don't know how different Welsh and Irish Gaelic are form each other, although I remember they belong to different branches of that linguistic group. But I expect they are more similar to each other than to the alternatives (Romance, Germanic, or hybrid -- English).

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That throne is looking awesome. What an incredible eye for detail you have. Sometimes it's so hard to tell where your creations will go with all the chop-shop work, but that is looking amazing.

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 C8485110

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
My god, this is coming out incredible!  Using that knit material and then painting it has blown my mind.  You really come at a project in ways I'm never think of, and your results really are spectacular.  

After Rogerbee mentioning it, I can't stop picturing running across this at Ikea.  you'd be in the office section and it would be like bland functional chair, bland functional chair,  GIANT THRONE OF DEATH, bland functional chair...

On the subject of vikings, were they really any more aggressive than any of the other murdering, crusading, conquering nations of the time?  I mean lets face it, weren't everyone pretty much bastards back then?  I remember reading, and someone more historically educated can correct me if I'm way off, that the vikings were actually pretty progressive in a lot of ways for the time.  Raiding was a seasonal thing, and they were mostly farmers all year round.  Women had WAY more rights than anywhere else in Europe, and could own wealth and property, participate in politics, and get divorced if they wanted to.  Unwanted advances toward women in the community were pretty severe, even by today's standards.  Recently, scientists stated realizing that some of the warrior's graves they found were women.  They had just assumed, since they were warriors, that these were men, but when they started actually looking at the skeletons, they realized some were actually women.  There communities were in a lot of ways very democratic.  And they were far more hygienic and more conscious of good grooming than most of the rest of Europe, bathing more regularly, bleaching and dying their hair and beards.  There was even a 13th century writer that complained that all of this, combines with the fact that Norsemen actually changed their underwear regularly, actually gave them an unfair advantage competing for attention from local ladies.

http://reverendspooky.com

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:That throne is looking awesome. What an incredible eye for detail you have. Sometimes it's so hard to tell where your creations will go with all the chop-shop work, but that is looking amazing.

Thank you Stryker!

Thanks RS, yes the use of a cardigan was a leap of faith so to speak but I love experimenting and tend to use what I have lying around to do it, which is normally others people's garbage! LOL.

GF & RS, you both make very valid points I was just being generic.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Back on topic… built all the support structures now and most of the larger detail pieces, still got the smaller detail parts to paint and add though, nearly there.

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 Sk3zjCS

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 LVd0jGe

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 XbtKStv

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 IsTrYuc

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 EIUNnvK

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 FSddINi

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 ZLpeQTS

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 ZzCfVAS

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Ahah, now we're seeing something. Looks to be coming together rather well now.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Ahah, now we're seeing something. Looks to be coming together rather well now.

CHEERS!

Thanks Roger! Paint done but assembly required... not sure how to paint the palantir itself as Sauron's not going to be looking at himself scratch but a bunch of battle field grass, mud and armoured figures will just look a mess..maybe black silhouettes of an army rank/line with a smoky sky and surrounded by flames? I've got a splitter and some white EL Wire on the way for it too. I need a nap, been at this since 4am! Sleep

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 WgXQR6J

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 VCzhVua

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 CYasE7d

peter the painter

More great work, that is looking fantastic.

Cheers,

Peter.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That throne looks amazing. I'm sure you'll come up with something clever for the Palantir.

Allotropos

Allotropos
Most epic work on the throne !
I am continuously amazed at your scratch building work and ability to create something out of many many things !

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I love how this is coming along. With most of the elements in the same color (I am assuming this is not the final one and there will be plenty of gunmetal grey, etc. coming), once can begin to appreciate its gothic-fiction beauty.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:More great work, that is looking fantastic.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thank you Peter!

Stryker2011 wrote:That throne looks amazing. I'm sure you'll come up with something clever for the Palantir.

Cheers! Still thinking about it but have some ideas.

Allotropos wrote:Most epic work on the throne !
I am continuously amazed at your scratch building work and ability to create something out of many many things !

LOL, thanks! It's the only way I know how to build stuff! Well the way that I enjoy it the most that is, kits and blueprints don't do it for me Wink .

GubernatorFan wrote:I love how this is coming along. With most of the elements in the same color (I am assuming this is not the final one and there will be plenty of gunmetal grey, etc. coming), once can begin to appreciate its gothic-fiction beauty.

Thank you GF! It is looking very Gothic in black now that you mention it, cool! I've added the legs, arms and ribcages with spines to include the organic and insectile vibe that's been an overall theme with the wraith, still got some spiky bits to add and some chain hopefully if I can make enough with the right style of links using little bits from keyring fobs etc..and yes there will be plenty of silvers.

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 Ditj0Fd

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 XkiJokz

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 LaboxTL

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 STfv063

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 NXcmqDh

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 FwpWVka

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 TUyNABL

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 4akIUff

Damn... it's getting light outside already? Feels like I just closed the curtains! scratch Ah well, Norway was a hell of a lot more confusing! Laughing

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Looks impressive, and I know what you mean about Norway.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Thanks! Added more detail to break up the front of the throne, add to the silhouette and fill in those shoulder post cavities on the rib/spinal parts. I'll start working on the chains now, I was thinking of adding that flexible spinal column to the back of the throne that would look really cool but no one would ever see it so it would be a waste of a cool parts; I'll be attaching the same material I used on the Rohirim Wraith cloak to make a drape over the back instead.

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 7Fkk83L

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 7p4NARY

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 L7z6dj2

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 QmSa5FF

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 UIhK0mD

Installing this new graphics card next so if you don't here from me for a bit then I screwed up! Wink

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 I6OkjuL

dadrab

dadrab
Damn... What a great throne that's turning out to be. Magic to watch.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Looking good. I suspect that card will be man enough for the set up you have.

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks really good with all the additions.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
dadrab wrote:Damn... What a great throne that's turning out to be. Magic to watch.

Thank you dadrab!

Rogerbee wrote:Looking good. I suspect that card will be man enough for the set up you have.

CHEERS!

Cheers! Yup that card's made all the difference, I can actually now watch You Tube on all my browsers and in full HD no less!! YAY! PC's super fast now too! Very Happy

Stryker2011 wrote:Looks really good with all the additions.

Thanks Stryker!

Added some black milliput (still wet) to fill in all the gaps so I'll start painting the silvers etc.. after a nap. I only managed to bodge together two short chains with the right links from keyrings (got loads of the twisted links but don't like how they look) so I've decided I'll attach one to each skull's 'neck' as a symbol of Sauron's ambition to enslave all mankind in Middle Earth!

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 4yZ4Nfl

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 VZG5YHE

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 9xvo50r

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 21 Bi1VYV0

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
May I suggest a triangular piece of cloth (or plastic or whatever) hanging down from the center of the seat, maybe even ending with a tassel? I think it would make the whole thing more throne like and busy-up the gap between the vertical elements. Yep, I am into details. Smile

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Coming along,

I always have trouble with YouTube in HD, it keeps buffering all the time.

CHEERS!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum