OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OT - Chinese Goddess

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1OT - Chinese Goddess Empty OT - Chinese Goddess Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:06 am

Delanie

Delanie
Hi folks,

I wonder if anyone can help me several years ago whilst on vacation i Thailand I wend on a trip to visit a Chinese temple complex. I was amazed at this it had such an aura of serenity and peacefulness and it was so beautiful.

To cut a long story short I entered the temple and on the various floors there were statues of the Gods and Goddess's one in particular caught my eye and I've always wanted a statue of her and have never been able to find one but i'm hoping someone could tell me her name at least.

She is a 'white lady' and i remember her holding a lotus or standing on one can anyone help ?

2OT - Chinese Goddess Empty Re: OT - Chinese Goddess Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:50 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
Sounds like you were in a Thai temple, not a Chinese one. Your description doesn't narrow it down because most of the goddesses are white and flowers are offered as votives to all of them. Try doing a search for Buddhist Theravada goddesses.

OT - Chinese Goddess IMG_0119

OT - Chinese Goddess IMG_0115

OT - Chinese Goddess IMG_0112

3OT - Chinese Goddess Empty Re: OT - Chinese Goddess Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:45 am

Delanie

Delanie
Thanks

the temple was 'billed' as a Chinese temple even though it was in Thailand as opposed to one of the Thai temples we visited. All I really remember is that the lady in question was a painted statue 8 to 10 feet high and was quite realistic she was portrayed dressed in a white flowing robe stepping from what looked like huge water Lilly 'lotus'? while it floated in a pool of water.

4OT - Chinese Goddess Empty Re: OT - Chinese Goddess Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:59 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
Try searching for "Kuan Yin" maybe she is the one you are referring to.
I think there are some statues that look like what you're looking for

5OT - Chinese Goddess Empty Re: OT - Chinese Goddess Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:42 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Might be helpful if you can identify the location of the temple you visited (unless in a large city with a ton of temples), which could narrow it down and possibly identify the goddess in question (especially if she were the focal deity of said temple).

6OT - Chinese Goddess Empty Re: OT - Chinese Goddess Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:19 am

brassco

brassco
yep, too many Goddesses or Buddhas to be sure.

And i guessed, the one that you asking for has to be specific? You like it afterall.

That brings out a thought...is there 1/6th Goddesses figures? Other than Journey to the West 4 figures, and the so called Goddesses with skimpy outfits...

7OT - Chinese Goddess Empty Re: OT - Chinese Goddess Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:38 pm

shazzdan

shazzdan
brassco wrote:That brings out a thought...is there 1/6th Goddesses figures? Other than Journey to the West 4 figures, and the so called Goddesses with skimpy outfits...
There are plenty on ebay. At 27 cm, this one is a little over lifelike size in 1:6 - the equivalent of a 7-8 foot figure (sitting down).
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chinese-old-Dehua-White-Porcelain-Guan-Yin-Kwan-yin-Vase-Goddess-Statue-d01/163393336655

OT - Chinese Goddess S-l500

8OT - Chinese Goddess Empty Re: OT - Chinese Goddess Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:55 am

PureEnergy

Delanie,

By your description, I suspect that it could possibly have been an effigy of Mother Tara (of Han origin).  

Beautiful depictions certainly abound...  

OT - Chinese Goddess Tara1x10

9OT - Chinese Goddess Empty Re: OT - Chinese Goddess Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:11 pm

brassco

brassco
ooh...! that's very beautiful! Does it make any sense to have Buddha/Goddess figure movable? Dressable???!!!

10OT - Chinese Goddess Empty Re: OT - Chinese Goddess Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:23 pm

shazzdan

shazzdan
Why not simply get a Phicen with a Chinese headsculpt and dress her in archaic Chinese aristocratic clothing?

11OT - Chinese Goddess Empty Re: OT - Chinese Goddess Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:26 am

PureEnergy

How ironic it seems that she should seek outward for a goddess…

12OT - Chinese Goddess Empty Re: OT - Chinese Goddess Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:58 am

MerylAkiba

Lakshmi, she has a lotus flower. But I think it is a Hindu Goddess

13OT - Chinese Goddess Empty Re: OT - Chinese Goddess Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:02 pm

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
No doubt you have something truly amazing planned when you find the right statue. I anxiously await the photo story that will come from it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum