OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal..

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 12]

Rogerbee

Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:

Thought so! Anyone who watches soaps can' be a good judge of movies! tongue Wink
What's land of the giants? Sounds intriguing.

Can or can't!? Ian McKellen was in Corrie between LOTR and The Hobbit. I know a good movie when I see one.

Land of the Giants was another great US TV series from the '60's. Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=land+of+the+giants

CHEERS!

Tjolnir

judging from your previous projects this will most definately an epic journey which i'm very curious to watch. though, as a child of the 80s, not other movie will take the same place in my heart as the first one, i'm fine with most of the newer ones as part of a whiskey loaded buddy movie session Wink.
what figure is the pale bald one with the hulk lower body? would make a damn fine super mutant for my fallout stuff
cheers

shazzdan

Agreed that the first one was the best. Every time it is on TV I'll watch it again, complete with ads, even though I have it on DVD.

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal

shovelchop81

Rogerbee wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:

Thought so! Anyone who watches soaps can' be a good judge of movies! tongue Wink
What's land of the giants? Sounds intriguing.

Can or can't!? Ian McKellen was in Corrie between LOTR and The Hobbit. I know a good movie when I see one.

Land of the Giants was another great US TV series from the '60's. Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=land+of+the+giants

CHEERS!

I hate soaps with a passion! TV in general' in fact my TV mostly acts as a support for my gun rest! I rely on torrents and You Tube for entertainment. I remember the land of giants now from when I was a kid.

Tjolnir wrote:judging from your previous projects this will most definately an epic journey which i'm very curious to watch. though, as a child of the 80s, not other movie will take the same place in my heart as the first one, i'm fine with most of the newer ones as part of a whiskey loaded buddy movie session Wink.
what figure is the pale bald one with the hulk lower body? would make a damn fine super mutant for my fallout stuff
cheers

Thanks! It's just a modified Hulk body I was going to make into Juggernaut many years ago.

shazzdan wrote:Agreed that the fist one was the best. Every time it is on TV I'll watch it again, complete with ads, even though I have it on DVD.

Laughing

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Now I've got the basic body parts for the HP sorted (I'll be swapping out the dredds between the two heads, should be interesting..) I'm concentrating on his textured skin coverings, he has a type of automatic bio-armour that makes him sort of Hulk out but it's really hard to see in the film and stills. The skin will also serve to cover joints and add his prehensile fifth toes.  

OOPS! Forgot to reset the resolution on my camera app!

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 OonLHcb

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 QBywbub

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 P0DtCxD

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 VNGQXmL

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 VtHGKD9

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 Wm9uArl

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 PJfrs5I

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 ARrvvKs

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 911AJsp

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 KOVCiQ0

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Looking good so far!

CHEERS!

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
another journey of a build coming!

can't wait to see how it turns out!

OT, anyone having trouble trying to log in on OSW??? I cleared cookies and now can't log in, tried every password I could think of but nowt working. another glitch????

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
jaztermareal wrote:another journey of a build coming!

can't wait to see how it turns out!

OT, anyone having trouble trying to log in on OSW??? I cleared cookies and now can't log in, tried every password I could think of but nowt working. another glitch????

Cheers!
You're asking about OSW log in problems now?!! I've been locked out for a year FFS!!

shazzdan

shazzdan
jaztermareal wrote:OT, anyone having trouble trying to log in on OSW??? I cleared cookies and now can't log in, tried every password I could think of but nowt working. another glitch????

I cleared my cookies about three weeks ago and have been unable to log in ever since.

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
shovelchop81 wrote:

Cheers!
You're asking about OSW log in problems now?!! I've been locked out for a year FFS!!

SHEESH! well, we got this home now anyway Smile

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
shazzdan wrote:
jaztermareal wrote:OT, anyone having trouble trying to log in on OSW??? I cleared cookies and now can't log in, tried every password I could think of but nowt working. another glitch????

I cleared my cookies about three weeks ago and have been unable to log in ever since.

I guess that place is bugged to hell. It was worth the move to here then Smile

Maybe that is why OSW is quiet nowadays, no one can log in! HAHA

back on topic: I am hopefully gonna get that HC predator soon, planning on making it more accurate and realistic. I am thinking classic pred body and mods/reapint of armour. what head will be best you think? I am thinking classic pred head or Scar. Thoughts??

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Yeah, OSW went to the dogs ages ago. That was why this site was built as a home for lost OSW'ers.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
jaztermareal wrote:
shazzdan wrote:

I guess that place is bugged to hell. It was worth the move to here then Smile

Maybe that is why OSW is quiet nowadays, no one can log in! HAHA

back on topic: I am hopefully gonna get that HC predator soon, planning on making it more accurate and realistic. I am thinking classic pred body and mods/reapint of armour. what head will be best you think? I am thinking classic pred head or Scar. Thoughts??

This forum was started by GF, Roger and DFC (now awol or kicked out) because they had the foresight to realise OSW was going under with the new owners who didn't care as it was lumped in with the far more lucrative Yo Joe (GI Joe/ Action Force) forum.

As for the HC Pred's hs I'm going to use the one supplied but swap the dredds with the HT Lost Predator hs I have and probably give it a teal wash. As for the body I'll get rid of the painted on netting, narrow the chest of the body and armour, teal wash it, repaint armour, make a correct cannon etc...

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Looking promising. Don't you dare ruin your Sauron (if you meant your Sauron, that is). And figures "gathering dust in a box"? Alex, you got to get better boxes! Wink

LOL, the box was open! I did mean my Sauron but as you can see he has been saved from that indignity and saved me all that bloody work too! Twisted Evil Wink

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Sounds like you'll be having yourself a busy little Christmas. Difference being you make toys for yourself and not for Santa.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
Sounds like you'll be having yourself a busy little Christmas. Difference being you make toys for yourself and not for Santa.

CHEERS!

Twisted Evil Laughing Good point! Never thought of it that way! Very Happy

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
christmas toy making elf is too boring, I prefer to think of you as Dr Frankenstein Smile

shazzdan

shazzdan
jaztermareal wrote:christmas toy making elf is too boring, I prefer to think of you as Dr Frankenstein Smile

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 30806147844_6525caf18e_b

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
jaztermareal wrote:christmas toy making elf is too boring, I prefer to think of you as Dr Frankenstein Smile

shazzdan wrote:

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 30806147844_6525caf18e_b
lol! Twisted Evil

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Love that pic!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
After spending most of yesterday searching a field of haystacks (my rooms full of boxes full of parts) for a needle that may or may not exist (a missing 1/4 foot peg) because I discovered every other type of joint I have will either be too big or too weak for this guy's ankles; I decided to explore the world as I know it (ebay) for a new kind of joint! In my travels (er..surfing the net) I discovered BLOK BOTS and  bid on a bunch of parts including what look like the perfect joints and loads of other cool parts I'd never seen before so this opens up all kinds of possibilities for this and future builds (sci-fi, Iron Man etc..); won it all for a whopping 99p!

Damned mismatching joints!!

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 Yshp6Xy

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 QHwAzuS

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 QDicaE3

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 VD4AFNg

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 QQLcKzg

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 Ofw9jxC

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 HiTuqoq

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 615CbtL

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 FdEonnB

I'll be using warm plasticine to make moulds from my Rancor's armour/skin and cast it in black latex to use as skin grafts on the HP (also now known as the Assassin Predator..), I also discovered I had better hands for him and plenty more armour too.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 3IvsxdE

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 MYXtwsN

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 NFnbvAJ

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 93L1hg2

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 HgbBCKx

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 9FLbsSu

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 PqsTECi

This is a Funko version of him, really funking useful reference material...not..

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 CIeq8F2

It seems these are the best images we'll be getting of the HP as they are releasing a big glssy hardback book on the making of the film for Xmas with all the artists' concept and final costumes, props etc.. to be fully revealed in that..

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 I9l9Xuz

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 RFv1Hak

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 BBMxxF9

A predator monkey just because...lol

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 06CmWMC

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Pure glorious madness! This is a fun one. I'm excited to see where this goes.

PureEnergy

You are, indeed, a madman, Chop!  

This project is quite literally exemplary of the craft that is creating custom figures...  

You’re what I refer to as a “guerrilla customizer” - which is a manner of saying that you can make anything into something - and that’s certainly an exceptional talent, brother.

Phenomenally gruesome excellence in progress.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
ReverendSpooky wrote:Pure glorious madness!  This is a fun one.  I'm excited to see where this goes.

PureEnergy wrote:You are, indeed, a madman, Chop!  

This project is quite literally exemplary of the craft that is creating custom figures...  

You’re what I refer to as a “guerrilla customizer” - which is a manner of saying that you can make anything into something - and that’s certainly an exceptional talent, brother.

Phenomenally gruesome excellence in progress.

Thanks guys! Just doing what I do with stuff Wink

Made moulds of the shoulders using plasticine as it's easier to remove from captured/undercut shapes, then used air drying clay (that I never used for the Sauron throne as I ended up fabricating it from a metal street sign) for the rest of the moulds and cut it into sections with a butter knife so hopefully the clay won't get trapped when it hardens. The plasticine is now in the freezer so it won't get soft with the heating on and the clay is on the heaters so it hardens.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 SDq0e89

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 WFLt0zU

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 ETE3WUy

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 FdHTJzo

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Mad scientist at work! Your ingenuity continues to boggle my mind! Great stuff!

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I second Roger. Looking forward to seeing how it works out.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
Mad scientist at work! Your ingenuity continues to boggle my mind! Great stuff!

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan wrote:I second Roger. Looking forward to seeing how it works out.

Thanks guys! It's going to be a slow process as the clay has to cure some what to keep its shape, then it will be the usual layer upon layer of latex having to dry in between applications like I did for my War Machine Vengeance armour and Titanium Man armour gap fillers until it's thick enough to use.
I've done a quick mock up of the HP without the skin to compare his size to a regular Predator (although the Fugitive Predator seems quite skinny so should be more like the Wolf Predator but didn't want to take him down from the shelves). I think the HP needs bigger shoulders and thighs etc.. which I can do by putting stuffing or foam under the latex skin..hopefully or build them up then apply the skin. Did plenty of filing, dremelling and sanding to the base body too.

Looking at the pics now, I may have to switch up to a literal Hulk body, lucky I have that spare one...the aticulation sucks though..more work I guess... scratch

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 WxFzhT8

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 QEKFZUJ

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 QJ2vw0D

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 CyXXdfk

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 2 DIl1fgD

PureEnergy

You're killing it, Chop!

Keep on keeping on...

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Looking good!

I'm sure I saw some 1/4 scale WWE figures yesterday, one of them might work.

CHEERS!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 12]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum