OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal..

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 12]

Rogerbee

Founding Father

Pred is progressing nicely I see.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

Rogerbee wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:

Thanks! Happy birthday Roger!

Thanks!

Treated myself to that 1/1 Gremlin I told you about, should have him in a couple of days. I was going to wait till I'd got the little NECA ones, but, I saw it on a UK site and just couldn't resist, saved quite a bit in the process too.

CHEERS!

Rogerbee wrote:
Pred is progressing nicely I see.

CHEERS!

Cool! Which one did you get? Would probably look at home as an ally to my HP once he's all painted! Twisted Evil

Milliput cured so here are some more comprehensive pics of the jaws in place, thinking about using little gold/yellow rhinestones for eyes with black dots for pupils, I'll be putting them close together as his eyes have a AWIL look to them.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 O6adJh8

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 NK2h2Gp

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 6lAFOmt

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 VKqtQrO

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 19ikZvW

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 Qd5LXMG

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 HLJM5Yc

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 NrEOMjo

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 HWK4E2o

Stryker2011

Founding Father
This is so incredible to watch this guy come together. So much work; I’d never have the guts to cut up, or sculpt, tiny bits like that.

And, Roger, Happy Birthday!!

Rogerbee

Founding Father
The Gremlin is a fully painted life size latex puppet and he looks like this:

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 CKRflZq

Surprisingly they're less than £250.

BTW, nice work

CHEERS!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:This is so incredible to watch this guy come together. So much work; I’d never have the guts to cut up, or sculpt, tiny bits like that.

And, Roger, Happy Birthday!!

Thanks for that!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:This is so incredible to watch this guy come together. So much work; I’d never have the guts to cut up, or sculpt, tiny bits like that.

They were mostly just old rough resin casts I've reused a few times and bits of the already cut up Violator fireplace Spawn dio. Just remembered the teeth on the open jaws are actually from Tyr's boots (Andromeda character in 1/6 I bought bits of from TA many years ago).

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:The Gremlin is a fully painted life size latex puppet and he looks like this:

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 CKRflZq

Surprisingly they're less than £250.

BTW, nice work

CHEERS!

Very nice! What height is he?

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

28", I think it's based on a hero puppet. Some of them were larger for better articulation. I always thought they were no more than 18". He does look good though. I get round it by thinking that the ones that attack Billy's mum in the kitchen aren't quite fully grown.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
28", I think it's based on a hero puppet. Some of them were larger for better articulation. I always thought they were no more than 18". He does look good though. I get round it by thinking that the ones that attack Billy's mum in the kitchen aren't quite fully grown.

CHEERS!

Wow! Thought he would be 15" max! Is he articulated with an internal skeleton? Looks great.

Done black primer, got a magnetic jaw swapping system working, just needs the steel washers to be set flush or receded to eliminate any gaps. Woking on a neck system that is ironically being made from a leftover 1/12 Predator Hound's head! Laughing

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 Ko3ZlrY

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 WtPg3kB

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 WqsuHiH

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 DjobMif

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 MJJVF6G

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 Q6jSqdc

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 FkgaXQ5

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 OD3nCMH

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 W8y7Qo6

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 CIpaSg5

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 XW6oMA9

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 ISMXa5R

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 ODE9SjA

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 Se8uTQ6

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 Y4oGtMt

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 GZFMbhq

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Looking good,

The Gremlin is pretty simple inside, there are wires in the ears and arms and that's it. The back is open so you can pop your arm in and puppeteer the head. I suppose, if you wanted to, you could put full animatronics in there, but I won't. I've wanted a life size Gremlin for years!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
Looking good,

The Gremlin is pretty simple inside, there are wires in the ears and arms and that's it. The back is open so you can pop your arm in and puppeteer the head. I suppose, if you wanted to, you could put full animatronics in there, but I won't. I've wanted a life size Gremlin for years!

CHEERS!

Ah, literally a puppet then! Cool.

Got my new keyboard working YAY! Turns out it was just my Bluetooth dongle that needed to be upgraded as it was a £2 piece of garbage.
Been busy doing mods and tweaks to the head and neck assembly to make them fit and work properly. Lots of pics to explain.

No more gaps!

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 Q316Hud

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 OrT9K1q

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 QPm7UbU

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 RsGQrn5

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 Mi623dE

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 CQpf10W

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 DfFdblF

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 JEAc3qy

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 N1vHl6p

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 KynB0HH

Attached with articulation but cosmetic and structural work not completed yet

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 NWFYMyH

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 HEubQNc

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 M6AMN0f

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 BN9ZghA

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 Mn3izio

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 DO9Ilb3

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 SvZViGY

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 DyM3fEe

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 JQObEoz

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 IYoszDO

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 DsxnNIl

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 Oj1Lr19

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 17BMi0X

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 Z0MeDki

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 Wjvc2Xc

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 Kle7VmJ

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 XfhTvH6

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 QCpBZee

Reinforcing the neck and covering it and the chin in skin which is blended with glues.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 W4lx2Ri

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 L69GqOP

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 ZI91Kcy

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 JpJFHSk

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 9IVvc8k

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 HDirKQq

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

I guess, I'd say he was a hand puppet. Is that Scrapheap Challenge you're watching in the pics? That'd really suit you and your ingenuity. The Pred looks to be coming together now.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
I guess, I'd say he was a hand puppet. Is that Scrapheap Challenge you're watching in the pics? That'd really suit you and your ingenuity. The Pred looks to be coming together now.

CHEERS!

Yup! Been a fan of SHC since year dot.. not sure how many times I've watched all the series and its affiliates over the decades! Luckily You Tube seem to have most of it as I can't find it on DVD anywhere, might have some series burnt to DVD from torrents but not sure where they are!Laughing
Just spent ages removing and trimming all these little horn/bone bits that I'll add to his head and body for armour later, I also discovered that the Violator's eyes I'd cut out were a perfect match for the FP's helmet lenses that I'd been wondering what exactly to do with to make them sharper and less vague, I had planned to draw fine black lines vertically over the red or add mesh but the Violator's eyes took care of all that giving them a convex shape and are a perfect fit! Primered the head again and detached all the dredds so they are ready to be attached to the new head.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 JTUYnIy

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 JjNEY6E

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 JL26RAZ

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 Q704UJL

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 6nGEX5z

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 5VWbqdX

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 H5WAI8Z

Peaches

Peaches
Man, that is one ugly MF as Arnold said, LOL

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Coming together now!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Peaches wrote:Man, that is one ugly MF as Arnold said, LOL

Exceptionally so! Ironically the biologist doctor/professor called the Fugitive Predator a beautiful MF! There are loads of in-jokes referring to the original movie that are corny as hell but meant to be so quite funny.

Rogerbee wrote:
Coming together now!

CHEERS!

Yup, had to dremell new holes to ad his dredds and still have quite a few of the shorter ones leftover to use on the HT head in a future build which is a bonus! Got all the black silicone and bony bumps/spikes to do next all over him..

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 5x7DhsB

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 KzkGo6c

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 AkKOl1z

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 JYpT3lE

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 QCLbkBH

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 AUwuPkN

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 EFU5o8r

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 Yca5wiJ

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 FGhARIZ

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 RzHhnBP

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 UkOckqZ

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 IiQIjPH

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 CfN0Apa

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 B8AOdb2

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 BFV5b4r

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 LFXCe9I

I still need to add actual metal copper armour plates to the stems of his dredds and little spikes to his forehead.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 Q7UbX8R

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 C5qDSp2

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Really looking like a Predator now! My TOTS Gremlin arrived earlier, thread will be up shortly...

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
Really looking like a Predator now! My TOTS Gremlin arrived earlier, thread will be up shortly...

CHEERS!

That must have been exciting to unbox! Can't wait to see your in hand pics of it!
Ordered myself a nice new toy today, been trying to track down one of these H&K MP5SD6's for yonks now, finally found a gas blowback version new here in the UK! Has a 3 round burst, semi auto, full auto, built in suppressor and recoil, a military and movie classic!

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 We-gbb-apache-sd1_1_mark

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

You betcha!

It's great when you find a UK retailer that has what you want. It's always wise to pounce on it when you do as they don't always carry as much stock as others do and can sell out if you wait. It was purely by chance that I found that Gremlin where I did.

Go, go, go!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
You betcha!

It's great when you find a UK retailer that has what you want. It's always wise to pounce on it when you do as they don't always carry as much stock as others do and can sell out if you wait. It was purely by chance that I found that Gremlin where I did.

Go, go, go!

CHEERS!

Try buying RIF airsoft guns! You can't get them from abroad as customs tend to seize them, defence or not, or just charge you a fortune after making you wait months (in rare cases years!) and the UK dealers are only given a fraction of what they should be since Asia and the USA have huge turn overs so get the lion's share... Mad

PureEnergy

Excellent work, brother...

And, well...  

shovelchop81 wrote:USA have huge turn overs so get the lion's share... Mad

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 Proud110

That sounds about right.  Wink

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
PureEnergy wrote:Excellent work, brother...

And, well...  

shovelchop81 wrote:USA have huge turn overs so get the lion's share... Mad
That sounds about right.  Wink

Thanks PE! As for the lion I'm not even going to go there since I'm Irish! Wink

Glued on loads of of bony spikes as his biomechanical armour (it retracts in the movie) and have been applying silicone to all the latex edging and any gaps, still have more to do but need to let the first lot cure first.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 H2nALuS

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 D7DQ7Gj

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 4Mpflbt

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 VOtMcoD

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 POfvI4z

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 PN6HYnL

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 VgDL8Tg

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 MBxLgzN

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 OvTeRwd

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 OQ5yVXW

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 16srFnA

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Looking good!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
Looking good!

CHEERS!

Thanks! Hopefully finished with the silicone, not the nicest stuff to work with, smells bloody awful and tricky to apply as it's the high temperature engine gasket stuff. It'll all be primered matte black then painted shades of green, red etc.. Took a fair amount of dremelling to make his crotch armour wearable since it was a solid lump of plastic and not rotocast.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 4DTwRY7

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 KOj5CLN

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 DlS6SCE

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 93oVnF8

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 UL1Ntxm

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 ArVJ7H4

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 GogTmmk

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 SOkbmKz

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 LzopW0V

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 DKIpI54

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Funnily enough, I was advised to avoid slilcone on rubber, but, if it works for you then it works.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
Funnily enough, I was advised to avoid slilcone on rubber, but, if it works for you then it works.

CHEERS!

WHAT? That's bonkers and really bad advice! Like I've said before silicone oil preserves rubbers and polymers/plastics, it needs to be alcohol and mineral free so not the crap people buy from automotive shops for making their dashboards and tire sidewalls shiny, that stuff contains ethanol for quick drying so it might look pretty but will do more harm than good in the long run especially in hot climates. Which is why I have always recommended airgun silicone oil which is pure and akin to putting baby lotion on dry skin. I can tell you this as a certified Harley Davidson mechanic (we use rubber 'O' rings and lines with DOT 5 brake fluid which is silicone unlike DOT 3 and 4 used by most other motorcycle and automotive companies which will literally eat off your paint so they have to use metal washers and reinforced or metal brake lines); also as a holder of a BSC(hons) having done material studies during my product design degree and further studies during my 1st year of a Beng degree in motorcycle engineering. On top of that I've been working on air guns since I was a kid and they are exactly the same, lots of rubber seals and polymer moving parts that REQUIRE silicone oil to function! Who ever told you that is obviously wrong and perhaps used the dashboard polish not knowing any better. Read my posts Roger, I told you all this on the previous page mate as well as times in the past... Mad Evil or Very Mad bounce Sorry apparently I needed a rant and my Xanax hadn't kicked in yet! Wink

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Added his central bone ridge/crest and the metal copper (from the insides of a car aerial) armour plates he seems to have in lieu of the more traditional bone crest/frill around his head to cover the tops of his dredds.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 Vozkbtk

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 K1nNFPI

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 TYZFUUM

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 YVRr3rW

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 C5qDSp2

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 NqQrvI9

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 Q7UbX8R

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 P2JI3DX

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 B3RKlkm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That is so cool. Ingenious using a car antenna.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 10 C8485110

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:
Rogerbee wrote:

CHEERS!

WHAT? That's bonkers and really bad advice! Like I've said before silicone oil preserves rubbers and polymers/plastics, it needs to be alcohol and mineral free so not the crap people buy from automotive shops for making their dashboards and tire sidewalls shiny, that stuff contains ethanol for quick drying so it might look pretty but will do more harm than good in the long run especially in hot climates. Which is why I have always recommended airgun silicone oil which is pure and akin to putting baby lotion on dry skin. I can tell you this as a certified Harley Davidson mechanic (we use rubber 'O' rings and lines with DOT 5 brake fluid which is silicone unlike DOT 3 and 4 used by most other motorcycle and automotive companies which will literally eat off your paint so they have to use metal washers and reinforced or metal brake lines); also as a holder of a BSC(hons) having done material studies during my product design degree and further studies during my 1st year of a Beng degree in motorcycle engineering. On top of that I've been working on air guns since I was a kid and they are exactly the same, lots of rubber seals and polymer moving parts that REQUIRE silicone oil to function! Who ever told you that is obviously wrong and perhaps used the dashboard polish not knowing any better. Read my posts Roger, I told you all this on the previous page mate as well as times in the past... Mad Evil or Very Mad bounce Sorry apparently I needed a rant and my Xanax hadn't kicked in yet! Wink

Ahh, it was probably the automotive stuff that was being referred to, like Armor All. Gotcha! Sorry!

CHEERS!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum