OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

KITBASH: Merlin (Mark Strong) from Kingsman

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Hi Gang,

I'd like to share a simple kitbash with you that I assembled of my favorite Kingsman character, Merlin -- played perfectly by Mark Strong, who normally plays the villain in most films -- after I received the final piece yesterday. I realized after I took the pictures, that I forgot to put his wrist watch on. (The majority of parts are from different sets, or customs, purchased either through eBay or BlackOpsToys; the head sculpt and body are from an Easy & Simple set).

KITBASH: Merlin (Mark Strong) from Kingsman _dsc2919
KITBASH: Merlin (Mark Strong) from Kingsman _dsc2918
KITBASH: Merlin (Mark Strong) from Kingsman _dsc2920
KITBASH: Merlin (Mark Strong) from Kingsman _dsc2921

And here he is with Harry (aka Galahad) and Gazelle (now I need an Eggsy):

KITBASH: Merlin (Mark Strong) from Kingsman _dsc2922

Comments and criticism welcome.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

KITBASH: Merlin (Mark Strong) from Kingsman C8485110

BusinessDog

BusinessDog
Awesome!! I loved him as the "Q" in Kingsman! Great job on the outfit. The sweater is perfect, and of course he must have his knife!

brassco

brassco
Nice! Was a heroic character in the latest installment.

btw, the Gazelle figure, anyone has successfully modified to a phicen?

cheers!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, fellas. I was a little bummed by his “departure” in the last film, but I’ve seen him say that it’s never a given of one’s true fate in the Kingsman franchise — so I’m hoping he’ll be back.

As far as swapping to a TBL body, I hadn’t even considered it. The legs would have to be amputated, I don’t know how easy it would be to get the dress on one, and not sure how you would even attach the blade portion of her legs (by the way, if you don’t have this figure, the blade pieces are real metal, and the spike parts are actual nails — sharp as hell — not really sure why they felt the need to go that realistic).

PitViper

PitViper
Haven't seen the movie(s), but that's spot on Mr. Strong. Cool bash too.

I really like his acting, great roles in Body of Lies and Zero Dark Thirty.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, PV. The first one was fun, and ridiculously over-the-top. The second one was okay, but not as good as the first. Their entertaining, though.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Nice one. The simple ones are often the hardest to do right. I loved the first movie but was disappointed with the second one.

Peaches

Peaches
What an amazing sculpt! Fantastic job. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oooh, he looks GREAT. While I have never seen this movie, I LOVE Mark Strong, so automatically I like this. Very Happy

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
@shazzdan - I hear you. It took me awhile to gather all the parts for this guy, and while it looks okay, I'm still not satisfied to tell you the truth. I couldn't find the exact type of sweater I was looking for and the clipboard should be a contractor clip-board (thicker, and metal, with a flip up lid). The glasses aren't exactly right, either, but oh well.

@Peaches - Thanks. I can't take credit for the head sculpt, however. It is an amazing likeness, and it wasn't even made specifically for this character; it's from Easy & Simple, and was originally a modern military figure (can't remember which one). I just bought the body and head loose the moment I saw the head sculpt I knew exactly what I was going to do with it.

@skywalkersaga. I recommend the first one, it was fun. The second isn't nearly as good, but there are parts of it that are cool. And Mark Strong (aside from having the coolest first name ever Very Happy) is an interesting guy to watch. Some of my personal favorites of his (aside from Kingsman) are Stardust and Kick-Ass.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
He looks PERFECT!!!! He seriously looks so spot on. Such a great character, and so necessary for your Kingsmen collection. I can't believe that there hasn't been a good Eggsy yet (That Toy Center one is so sub par, especially next to your Merlin). You really do need him, along with JB!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ReverendSpooky wrote:He looks PERFECT!!!!  He seriously looks so spot on.  Such a great character, and so necessary for your Kingsmen collection.  I can't believe that there hasn't been a good Eggsy yet (That Toy Center one is so sub par, especially next to your Merlin).  You really do need him, along with JB!

Thanks, Rev. Yeah, I definitely need an Eggsy -- the group is incomplete without him. I wouldn't mind a Charlie from the 2nd movie (just to complement Gazelle). Or maybe even a Whiskey. If HT does Pascal from The Mandalorian -- maybe I'll be able to bash him...

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Nice one! That HS is dead on!

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great kitbash of a great character. From a couple of pretty good movies, too. I agree, would be nice to be able to assemble more of the gang, but that might be difficult. Mark Strong has played various parts that you might be able to put together alternative bodies/outfits to go with your head sculpt -- from Sherlock Holmes to the Terminal.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, guys. Oh man, how could I have forgotten him in Holmes. He was great in that.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Stryker2011 wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:He looks PERFECT!!!!  He seriously looks so spot on.  Such a great character, and so necessary for your Kingsmen collection.  I can't believe that there hasn't been a good Eggsy yet (That Toy Center one is so sub par, especially next to your Merlin).  You really do need him, along with JB!

Thanks, Rev. Yeah, I definitely need an Eggsy -- the group is incomplete without him. I wouldn't mind a Charlie from the 2nd movie (just to complement Gazelle). Or maybe even a Whiskey. If HT does Pascal from The Mandalorian -- maybe I'll be able to bash him...

Pedro Pascal would be awesome too! There was that Threezero Great Wall figure of him, but not sure the likeness was great or the style would translate to his Kingsman role. Would also love a figure of him as the Red Viper from Game of Thrones.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Did Threezero even release that one? I don't remember ever seeing it go up for PO.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Stryker2011 wrote:Did Threezero even release that one? I don't remember ever seeing it go up for PO.

Good question. Now I can't remember if it came out or not either. He is on ThreeZero's site, so I'm guessing he must have? Never saw the movie, but actually a pretty cool looking figure.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
He came out spot on my friend. Loved the first movie but heard the 2nd wasn't nearly as good. And since you said Merlin was not in the 2nd, I'm glad I skipped it. Great job again on your custom.

AFM

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
actionfiguremovies2 wrote:He came out spot on my friend. Loved the first movie but heard the 2nd wasn't nearly as good. And since you said Merlin was not in the 2nd, I'm glad I skipped it. Great job again on your custom.

AFM

Thanks, afm2. Oh, he’s in the 2nd one — I didn’t really mean to imply that, per se. I’d give it a shot if you liked the first — just lower your expectations a bit.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
If anyone else is interested in a custom Eggsy, there’s an interest thread here:

http://customonesixth.com/index.php?threads/jin-with-toribox-eggsy-from-kingsman.189881/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum