OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Strong Male Body Detachable Foot (3 skin tones) JOK-12D (NSFW!!!!!)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Thanks for the info on both products, G.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

GeeWillikers

Here are some quick shots (taken indoors with a flash, circa 4pm) of the 12D-BS01:

NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Strong Male Body Detachable Foot (3 skin tones) JOK-12D (NSFW!!!!!) - Page 3 DSCN1011NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Strong Male Body Detachable Foot (3 skin tones) JOK-12D (NSFW!!!!!) - Page 3 DSCN1010
NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Strong Male Body Detachable Foot (3 skin tones) JOK-12D (NSFW!!!!!) - Page 3 DSCN1012NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Strong Male Body Detachable Foot (3 skin tones) JOK-12D (NSFW!!!!!) - Page 3 DSCN1013

And showing the skin peeling

NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Strong Male Body Detachable Foot (3 skin tones) JOK-12D (NSFW!!!!!) - Page 3 DSCN1017
NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Strong Male Body Detachable Foot (3 skin tones) JOK-12D (NSFW!!!!!) - Page 3 DSCN1018

Comparison lineup shots with 12D-BS and TBL models (and further comments) to follow. Smile

GeeWillikers

I'm now beginning to believe that Jiaou's colour-coding is completely unreliable and arbitrary (I'm becoming more and more certain that the '12D-BS' I own is a mislabelled YS due to it's yellowish complexion, but I only have a single 11BS and a single 10BS to compare it to, and those are both completely different skintones to each other as well to add to the confusion). That said, here's a comparison lineup (with apologies for the lighting):

Left to right: Jiaou 12D-BS, Jiaou 12D-BS01, TBL M30, TBLM32 (didn't have an M33 to hand unfortunately)

Natural light:

NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Strong Male Body Detachable Foot (3 skin tones) JOK-12D (NSFW!!!!!) - Page 3 DSCN1006

Flash:

NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Strong Male Body Detachable Foot (3 skin tones) JOK-12D (NSFW!!!!!) - Page 3 DSCN1004

This is not to be taken as any kind of comparison guide to height by the way - the M30 is wearing boots that make him appear slightly taller; the M32 is not only wearing boots but also ankle extenders that make him appear even taller than he is to begin with (both figures are also padded at the midsection to bulk out their 'waspie' waists).

The design tweaks I speculated on earlier between the two Jiaous seem to have been entirely illusory - they're exactly the same figure I think, just in different skintones. As you can see though, the BS01 is a decent match for TBL's male suntan.

As for the sculpt I chose for BS01, while I really like it in terms of design, the total lack of a neck means it sits very low on a seamless body (but that can always be modded if you're brave and/or patient enough to try).

So: do I recommend the Jiaou 12D?

It's fine as a one-off, but I don't need an army of them.

skywalkersaga

Thanks for the comparisons. Is it just an illusion, or is the second Jiaou body in the line-up shorter than the first?

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
skywalkersaga wrote:Thanks for the comparisons. Is it just an illusion, or is the second Jiaou body in the line-up shorter than the first?

I've been wondering that myself. It could be the lower-sitting sculpt on the BS-01 and/or the slight difference in stances (the BS is a little more forward-standing to help it balance, and the BS-01 is also more bent forward at the waist).

The BS-01 also seems a little less bulky from the waist up, but that could all be down to the positioning of the arms and shoulders.

If there really are any differences in build/design, I think they're so slight that we'll probably be debating what they even are until the next model comes along. Smile

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Oh, and the main point that goes against these 12D bodies is that they're problematic to find outfits - especially trousers/pants - for. I've never been able to find an acceptable outfit for the BS and I imagine the BS-01 won't be much easier.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh that sounds rather frustrating....

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for the photos and comparisons. Yes, there is quite a noticeable difference in skin tone. I'm glad they provide some variation, even if its applicability is somewhat limited. The promotional materials are notoriously misleading when it comes to the coloration of Jiaou products. I wonder if some of the visual difference between what are apparently the same bodies is not due to the effect the different skin tone has on our perception.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum