OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Miniature ribbon bow making

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Miniature ribbon bow making Empty Miniature ribbon bow making Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:24 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Miniature ribbon bow making 46310235555_4f7a264d76_kTokyo Alley_2 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

As some of you following my other posts may know, I am currently working on making a 1/6th scale version of a character I created using DAZ studio a few years ago, called Kamiko Takahara.  Her trademark is red silk bow that she always wears in her hair.  The YouTube tutorial I've posted here shows a pretty interesting and simple technique for making miniature ribbon bows and while i found that the ones I made using this technique were just a tad too big for use with Kamiko, I thought I would share it anyway as there are bound to be others who would find it useful in 1/6th modeling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U9g5smyQW8

PS.  I found a way to make acceptable smaller bows and am now working on the best method to affix one to her head.  A TBLeague body has been ordered and 1/6th scale Kamiko should probably make her first appearance here in2-3 weeks.

2Miniature ribbon bow making Empty Re: Miniature ribbon bow making Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:06 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
What a cute idea, and helpful tutorial... thank you so much for sharing!

And looking forward to Kamiko, of course! Very Happy

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

3Miniature ribbon bow making Empty Re: Miniature ribbon bow making Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:52 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
skywalkersaga wrote:What a cute idea, and helpful tutorial... thank you so much for sharing!

And looking forward to Kamiko, of course! Very Happy

You are quite welcome. I hope you and others find it useful. 1/6th Kamiko should should make her first appearance within the next two to three weeks.

4Miniature ribbon bow making Empty Re: Miniature ribbon bow making Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:10 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s a brilliant technique. Thanks for sharing the video. Some folks really know how to think outside the box.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Miniature ribbon bow making C8485110

5Miniature ribbon bow making Empty Re: Miniature ribbon bow making Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:22 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:That’s a brilliant technique. Thanks for sharing the video. Some folks really know how to think outside the box.

Quite welcome and 20 years ago, I would have found it easier to do. Today however, arthritis cuts into my manual dexterity just enough to make this a bit challenging.

6Miniature ribbon bow making Empty Re: Miniature ribbon bow making Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:02 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, great little video, and surely immensely helpful to anyone who might ever need to make little bows.

7Miniature ribbon bow making Empty Re: Miniature ribbon bow making Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:19 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GubernatorFan wrote:I agree, great little video, and surely immensely helpful to anyone who might ever need to make little bows.

If ever one needs to make 1/6th scale Xmas presents....

8Miniature ribbon bow making Empty Re: Miniature ribbon bow making Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:41 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Fantastic ! And You nailed the Character with Your figure.
Some Time ago i made a ribbon bow too.... Laughing

Miniature ribbon bow making P1110110

Miniature ribbon bow making P1110210

9Miniature ribbon bow making Empty Re: Miniature ribbon bow making Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:35 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Ephiane wrote:Fantastic ! And You nailed the Character with Your figure.
Some Time ago i made a ribbon bow too.... Laughing

Miniature ribbon bow making P1110110

Miniature ribbon bow making P1110210

Thank-you. The face doesn't look very much like the DAZ Kamiko, but I pretty much accepted that I would never find one that did. This being said, what makes Kamiko Kamiko, is not her face, but her personality, her courage, her love of danger, her insolence and sarcasm, and the mystery as to whether she is or isn't somehow specially blessed or watched over by spirits (the kami)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum