OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Making Chasitity

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Making Chasitity Empty Making Chasitity Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:45 am

Willmatron

As I look through the various bodies and heads I'm trying to create a Chaos Comics character I bought a figure of years ago.

Here's what I'm basing a look on.

Making Chasitity Img_2032

This the action figure I have of the character I was originally going to base the figure on, but she does wear different clothing so I can go with a leather set I bought before.

Making Chasitity Img_2031

I can go with this clothing.

Making Chasitity Img_2030

I bought this head because I originally thought the hair would be close enough, but after some confusion from Acec Union, an ebay company I've bought clothes from.

I'm trying to find the right skin tone to match the head and it the body needs to light enough build that the leather clothing isn't a struggle to pull on. I've considered JIAOU style bodies.

Any help would be appreciated and listened to.

2Making Chasitity Empty Re: Making Chasitity Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:03 am

Diana

Diana
I like that you created a separate thread for this project and I'm looking forward to seeing it progress. Smile

3Making Chasitity Empty Re: Making Chasitity Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:42 am

csyeung

csyeung
Anything with a silicone build like jiaou or tbleague will catch on the clothes as you pull the outfit on. A simple trick though is to wrap the legs or arms that you are putting the clothing on with cling wrap first. The smoother surface will allow the clothes to go on easily. If you like, you can just leave the cling wrap, or you can leave enough excess that when you're done putting on the clothes you can pull the wrap out afterwards. Alternative bodies you can use are the poptoys xing, they are not as posable as the above, but are plastic (unless you get the seamless arms and legs which are rubber) but you will not struggle as much putting clothes on those.

As for color matching, I think that head you have with the bob cut is closer to a suntan for tbleague. I think I've seen it before. I dont have any jiaou, so not sure which one matches. They have a wider range of tones.

Hope that helps!

4Making Chasitity Empty Re: Making Chasitity Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:49 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
If it is articulation and/or a specific body size you are after, you might find more options among TBLeague bodies (check out the catalog thread).
Jiaou does offer more skin tone options, or at least has done so in the past -- I haven't kept up with their new products very well (here is a thread, mostly about their male bodies, but also with a group shot of the early female ones).

5Making Chasitity Empty Re: Making Chasitity Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:44 am

Willmatron

Thanks for the input. I'll take in consideration about which bodies to chose from. But so far I'm considering one with detachable feet. I'll provide an example why.

I have a few 1/12 figures for TBLeague, but only one out.

I've seen the ones with detachable feet are easier to stand on their own.

Making Chasitity Img_2036
Making Chasitity Img_2035

The second picture is a figure with attached feet.

Sidenote: How do you go about naming your figures?

6Making Chasitity Empty Re: Making Chasitity Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:07 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Willmatron wrote:Thanks for the input. I'll take in consideration about which bodies to chose from. But so far I'm considering one with detachable feet. I'll provide an example why.

I have a few 1/12 figures for TBLeague, but only one out.

I've seen the ones with detachable feet are easier to stand on their own.

The second picture is a figure with attached feet.

Sidenote: How do you go about naming your figures?
The TBLeague and Jiaou Doll lines have plenty of detachable feet female figures -- in fact, most of them are.

I don't set out to name my figures for the most part, unless they are a particular character I'm recreating (based on screen, literature, history). They sometimes do get a name if I end up doing a story with them. But often enough the name of the actor/actress the head was meant to represent tends to be used for the purposes of easy identification/disambiguation.

7Making Chasitity Empty Re: Making Chasitity Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:52 am

csyeung

csyeung
I mostly get the ones with detatchable feet and they stand and pose very well. The seamless ankles ones usually need sturdy footwear (boots) to reinforce the ankle area to stand properly.

8Making Chasitity Empty Re: Making Chasitity Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:28 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Looking great so far!

9Making Chasitity Empty Re: Making Chasitity Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:51 am

Willmatron

Thanks for your input. I've decided to go ahead with buying the body for Chasitity. I'll have the body I want to figure out what the body I want is.

10Making Chasitity Empty Re: Making Chasitity Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:45 am

Willmatron

One thing I realized is that I don't have to worry about overly sexualizing Chasitity.

Making Chasitity Chasit10

Based on what I've seen online and with the comic I bought I can make a basic version of the character that'll look good.

11Making Chasitity Empty Re: Making Chasitity Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:16 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
As long as you remember this is not an exclusively Adult forum.

12Making Chasitity Empty Re: Making Chasitity Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:13 pm

Willmatron

I don't intend on doing more than getting some clothes on Chasitity and having a few pictures.

13Making Chasitity Empty Re: Making Chasitity Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:26 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Willmatron wrote:I don't intend on doing more than getting some clothes on Chasitity and having a few pictures.
It's cool and I look forward to it. Just that some people have been pushing the envelope on what is appropriate. We don't mean to limit people's creativity or make imposition on their taste or priorities, it was just a friendly reminder to anyone who happens to see it that this is an inclusive forum, so we can't post things that are exceedingly explicit. Hopefully people check out the forum policy.

14Making Chasitity Empty Re: Making Chasitity Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:51 pm

Willmatron

I got the body in for Chasitity, but the head I found for it won't snap onto it. The head is a YM model. I figure I would have find a head with a better fit.

15Making Chasitity Empty Re: Making Chasitity Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:04 am

Willmatron

Here's the body I bought and put on some of the clothes I have:

Making Chasitity Img_2040

The body is S29B

The head I tried to fit on was a YM suntan short haired head.

16Making Chasitity Empty Re: Making Chasitity Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:45 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
So what exactly is wrong with the head? Did you try to heat the inside neck connector with a hair dryer? Or remove it if even that doesn't help?

17Making Chasitity Empty Re: Making Chasitity Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:56 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
If you have a Dremel, or something similar, you can widen the hole inside the head a bit, and it should connect better, as well as Ian’s suggestions.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Making Chasitity C8485110

18Making Chasitity Empty Re: Making Chasitity Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:57 am

Willmatron

I don't have a hair dryer, but the ball joint to the neck was just too small for me to squeeze. I don't have much experience with these figures yet, so I don't know whether I had the wrong head size or I simply wasn't squeezing it just right.

Are there official heads for Phicen or TBLeague I can buy instead from other companies.

19Making Chasitity Empty Re: Making Chasitity Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:59 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
You could get heads for TBL specifically (these are usually broken down from boxed figures); they can be found on eBay, but they’re not cheap. You could also try a store like Monkey Depot:

https://www.monkeydepot.com/SearchResults.asp?searching=Y&sort=7&brand=TBLeague&show=360&page=1

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Making Chasitity C8485110

20Making Chasitity Empty Re: Making Chasitity Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:03 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Willmatron wrote:I don't have a hair dryer, but the ball joint to the neck was just too small for me to squeeze. I don't have much experience with these figures yet, so I don't know whether I had the wrong head size or I simply wasn't squeezing it just right.

Are there official heads for Phicen or TBLeague I can buy instead from other companies.
If the ball joint is too small, it should have no trouble fitting in (just not securely). It may be that the plastic inside neck connector is too stiff or has too small an opening. If it is simply too stiff, heating it would help. Hot water can do it, but you might damage the head. If you plan on doing much with different heads and bodies in this hobby, invest in a hair dryer. It doesn't need to be anything fancy. Alternatively, you can try to remove the inside neck connector with nose-tipped pliers (looking at my recent YM head purchase, there is a little hole where you can stick the nose). It depends on how tight the fit and how well it is glued (if at all), whether you would be able to remove it this way. If everything else fails, use a Dremel like Stryker suggested. Some of these things are covered in this tutorial:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t310-head-conversion-tutorial-updated-with-part-iii-june-2019

21Making Chasitity Empty Re: Making Chasitity Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:06 am

Willmatron

Thanks for the advice. I'll see what I can do during the next few days.

22Making Chasitity Empty Re: Making Chasitity Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:52 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Willmatron wrote:I don't have a hair dryer, but the ball joint to the neck was just too small for me to squeeze. I don't have much experience with these figures yet, so I don't know whether I had the wrong head size or I simply wasn't squeezing it just right.

You could try dropping the neck connector in a mug of boiling water, leave for about 30 sections, fish out with a spoon, then push it on the ball connector. I've had this problem a few times.
The other problem I often get is when the inner connector is fitted and the head pushed on, The head still sits to high. For this, I cut a few mm off the top of the inner plastic cap to seat the head better.
Being new to the hobby, it's a lot of trial and error, but thankfully, there is usually someone who has the answer! Let's us know how you get on bounce .

23Making Chasitity Empty Re: Making Chasitity Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:16 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I was assuming the inside neck connector was stuck inside the head.

24Making Chasitity Empty Re: Making Chasitity Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:11 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
GubernatorFan wrote:I was assuming the inside neck connector was stuck inside the head.

You could well be right Ian, I never thought of that? Shocked

The only time I've encountered a head that wouldn't fit, and it didn't have a removable inner connector was Zona. One of my Gemini twins. To combat this, I drilled into the head to the size of the phicen neck connector. It is a slow process, as you don't want to go to deep, but it can be done.

25Making Chasitity Empty Re: Making Chasitity Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:39 am

Willmatron

I'm planning on an update on this soon. My main issue is to still find the right head.

Here's a comic I actually bought:

Making Chasitity S-l50010

She didn't have that costume in the comic, but wore a leather bikini and a trenchcoat. I have a trenchcoat, but will use the clothing I found.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum