OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Creating Kamiko, Part 1

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Creating Kamiko, Part 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Creating Kamiko, Part 1 Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:38 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
She looks great already. Should be outstanding when she’s finished.

27Creating Kamiko, Part 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Creating Kamiko, Part 1 Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:39 pm

skywalkersaga

Looking really good so far -- and the bow will certainly add a special touch. : )  I like your solution for it, and I have likewise found that wire is helpful for creating certain hairstyles and/or hairpieces in this scale.

28Creating Kamiko, Part 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Creating Kamiko, Part 1 Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:45 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

Stryker2011 wrote:She looks great already. Should be outstanding when she’s finished.

Thanks. I'm also debating with myself if i should attempt to paint the fingernails as my 3D depictions of Kamiko usually have her wearing red nail polish...a homage to Alberto Vargas, the primus inter pares of pin-up artists. The problem I think will be that as the plastic for the hands is a soft and flexible one, no kind of paint will long survive on those hands.

29Creating Kamiko, Part 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Creating Kamiko, Part 1 Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:49 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

skywalkersaga wrote:Looking really good so far -- and the bow will certainly add a special touch. : )  I like your solution for it, and I have likewise found that wire is helpful for creating certain hairstyles and/or hairpieces in this scale.

Thanks. I'm liking the way she's coming together myself. She is intended to be the most bad-ass female character in the post apocalyptic collection. A real ball-buster...

30Creating Kamiko, Part 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Creating Kamiko, Part 1 Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:46 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Looking good!

CHEERS!

31Creating Kamiko, Part 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Creating Kamiko, Part 1 Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:03 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Creating Kamiko, Part 1 - Page 2 40548022873_3c264efbef_bFullSizeRender 3 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

And here she is finally, with the red bow in her hair. Just a crappy iPhone pic for now, but I will do some proper photos with a DSLR later in the week.

32Creating Kamiko, Part 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Creating Kamiko, Part 1 Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:11 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The bow really does help 'tie' it all together ... Wink

But seriously, she's looking great, and now more strongly resembles your DAZ creation. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

33Creating Kamiko, Part 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Creating Kamiko, Part 1 Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:22 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
skywalkersaga wrote:The bow really does help 'tie' it all together ... Wink

But seriously, she's looking great, and now more strongly resembles your DAZ creation. Smile

Thanks. As I've previously stated, she'll never be a perfect match for the face, but that's life. I think I've done a pretty good job in creating a 1/6th version of her especially since when i get around to shooting photo essays, she'll be just one member of several of the Pin-Up Patrol--all of whom will have a similar form of dress, but maintain a certain individuality in appearance. Kamiko's main identifier is her hair style and red bow.

A happy thing to note is that Dragon will be re-releasing their WWII jeep with .30 Browning machine gun. I am going to put in a pre order for one as machine gun armed WWII vintage jeeps are precisely the vehicles I envisioned my heroes and heroines riding in as they tie in neatly with the old Rat Patrol TV series and also the Congo mercenaries of the 1960's which both provided stylistic influences on how I'm dressing and equipping my figures. Despite being set in a not-too far-away SHTF setting, I want them to have a certain retro feel to them.

34Creating Kamiko, Part 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Creating Kamiko, Part 1 Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:29 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
She turned out great. It’s amazing how the littlest things (like the hair bow) can bring a specific character to life.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Creating Kamiko, Part 1 - Page 2 C8485110

35Creating Kamiko, Part 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Creating Kamiko, Part 1 Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:48 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:She turned out great. It’s amazing how the littlest things (like the hair bow) can bring a specific character to life.

In Kamiko's case, the bow is not only a trademark, but a special connection to her mother who told her that it would be her lucky charm, when she gave ti to Kamiko as a child. Kamiko actually believes that wearing it heightens her danger awareness beyond human norms, not to mention that it serves as a vehicle for her conscience about things.

36Creating Kamiko, Part 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Creating Kamiko, Part 1 Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:06 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Congratulations on making your vision come alive, so to speak. She certainly matches very closely what you showcased before.

37Creating Kamiko, Part 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Creating Kamiko, Part 1 Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:40 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GubernatorFan wrote:Congratulations on making your vision come alive, so to speak. She certainly matches very closely what you showcased before.

Thanks. It was a work of love, (for the character) so to speak. I' not sure I like the muscular body so much; my DAZ 3D versions are far less muscular and I may change it out down the line, but it's possible also that at this point in her life, about which I've done almost nothing in DAZ, Kamiko had a more muscular physique. I'm enjoying working on this concept a lot and wish I had more liquid income to spend as I've a lot of figures I want to create for this range.

38Creating Kamiko, Part 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Creating Kamiko, Part 1 Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:39 pm

doodlehobby

Definitely great work bringing the character to 'life'. As for the body, I guess it might stand to reason that they would be a little thinner if they were a little malnourished due to the environment. But also you can't expect them lugging around heavy equipment without tiring out rather quickly?

39Creating Kamiko, Part 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Creating Kamiko, Part 1 Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:50 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
doodlehobby wrote:Definitely great work bringing the character to 'life'. As for the body, I guess it might stand to reason that they would be a little thinner if they were a little malnourished due to the environment. But also you can't expect them lugging around heavy equipment without tiring out rather quickly?

In my backstory, the girls of the Pin Up Patrol are not particularly malnourished, having ridden out the worst of things in Alex's well-stocked survival bunker. They also have a couple of WWII surplus jeeps they patrol around, at least when they have fuel for them. They do get out of their vehicles and patrol around on foot in the foothills though, which is why they like tall leather boots: rattlesnakes.

40Creating Kamiko, Part 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Creating Kamiko, Part 1 Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:31 am

Peaches

Peaches
Oh my gosh, congratulations, she's perfect!

41Creating Kamiko, Part 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Creating Kamiko, Part 1 Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:02 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Peaches wrote:Oh my gosh, congratulations, she's perfect!

Thank-you.

42Creating Kamiko, Part 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Creating Kamiko, Part 1 Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:35 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
So, this is where Kamiko started? Excellent stuff! It's really interesting to see her progress from her beginnings as a DAZ 3D creation into the bad ass soldier she has become! Maybe one day, I can get you to recreate one of my agents in DAZ 3D?

43Creating Kamiko, Part 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Creating Kamiko, Part 1 Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:25 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
BAMComix wrote:So, this is where Kamiko started? Excellent stuff! It's really interesting to see her progress from her beginnings as a DAZ 3D creation into the bad ass soldier she has become! Maybe one day, I can get you to recreate one of my agents in DAZ 3D?

Yeah. There was an evolution

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum