OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Creating little rooms

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Creating little rooms Empty Creating little rooms Thu May 04, 2023 5:07 am

ElBundy

ElBundy
A backdrop, a printed floor and some furniture from Etsy - and there you have it, a nice little 1:6 scale flat scene - easy to change in a few minutes. And the whole thing on an Ikea shelf.
Below are two examples. I will show more examples in this thread later.

Creating little rooms 52869471204_c0f404c0ac_c1

Creating little rooms 52869740258_36ae297e20_c2

Creating little rooms 52869300136_470ffef13c_c3

Creating little rooms 52861914404_d793d11b4f_c4

Creating little rooms 52868957100_08253c030d_c5

Creating little rooms 52869011038_0686f7c032_c6

Creating little rooms 52868001267_040b887928_c7

2Creating little rooms Empty Re: Creating little rooms Thu May 04, 2023 6:30 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That works really well! Thanks for sharing your 'secrets' with us. :'D

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

3Creating little rooms Empty Re: Creating little rooms Thu May 04, 2023 6:36 am

teamweapon

WOW! i wasnt really paying attention at first and thought it was real haha.
good work!

4Creating little rooms Empty Re: Creating little rooms Thu May 04, 2023 7:14 am

Chip

Those are superb and very realistic , all sounds so simple . Well thought out and put together .

5Creating little rooms Empty Re: Creating little rooms Thu May 04, 2023 9:25 am

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
These look great! Out of curiosity, what are the dimensions of these spaces? IKEA shelves have a few sizes, so I’m curious what you’re working with.

6Creating little rooms Empty Re: Creating little rooms Thu May 04, 2023 10:20 am

ElBundy

ElBundy
MeMyself&I wrote: what are the dimensions of these spaces?
The dimensions are 90 by 50 cm

7Creating little rooms Empty Re: Creating little rooms Thu May 04, 2023 10:45 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
You mentioned they are on an Ikea shelf --- do you mean a Billy bookcase in particular? There are so many different Ikea shelves, so I have to ask. ;p

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

8Creating little rooms Empty Re: Creating little rooms Thu May 04, 2023 12:41 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Excellent work. Etsy is definitely a godsend when it comes to being able to create some great 1/6 scale dios. Well put together rooms.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Creating little rooms 1f10

9Creating little rooms Empty Re: Creating little rooms Thu May 04, 2023 1:53 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
That looks great!

10Creating little rooms Empty Re: Creating little rooms Thu May 04, 2023 2:37 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looking very good.

11Creating little rooms Empty Re: Creating little rooms Thu May 04, 2023 4:32 pm

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
Brilliant set ups. Amazing how versatile they can be with different backgrounds/configurations, and that’s a good choice of whisky…..

12Creating little rooms Empty Re: Creating little rooms Thu May 04, 2023 7:39 pm

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Oh that green sofa! 😍😍😍

13Creating little rooms Empty Re: Creating little rooms Fri May 05, 2023 3:29 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Creating little rooms 52869011038_0686f7c032_c

I like that shot.
What printer + paper do you use?

What head sculpt and body is that?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

14Creating little rooms Empty Re: Creating little rooms Fri May 05, 2023 7:06 am

ElBundy

ElBundy
ukshaun wrote:

Customized vinyl backdrop bought at aliexpress,
floor print bought at an online poster shop,
head sculpt YMToys YMT050,
body Jiaou Doll midbust, suntan

15Creating little rooms Empty Re: Creating little rooms Fri May 05, 2023 11:52 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
ElBundy wrote:
ukshaun wrote:

Customized vinyl backdrop bought at aliexpress,
floor print bought at an online poster shop,
head sculpt YMToys YMT050,
body Jiaou Doll midbust, suntan

Thanks.
I thought you had printed out the backdrop yourself. I know to do this requires a bigger printer than a standard printer.

16Creating little rooms Empty Re: Creating little rooms Sat May 06, 2023 2:15 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Fantastic set up! the rooms look amazing and make your figures looks so natural in them!

17Creating little rooms Empty Re: Creating little rooms Sat May 06, 2023 7:01 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
I would like to see alternative photo's, zoomed out slightly showing the cabinet.

18Creating little rooms Empty Re: Creating little rooms Sat May 06, 2023 9:56 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
Thanks both for sharing - they look so nice and cozy !
Rooms I would definitely want to spend time in.
I wish I had space to build dioramas..sadly space is a luxury I cannot afford !

I was working on a room a few years back - high ceiling/windows, day bed, throw pillows, reading perch etc. as it progressed, it got bigger and bigger and I had to stop.
Would not have known where to put it once it was complete. Sad Sad Sad
Creating little rooms ASA9mX7

Such is life.

19Creating little rooms Empty Re: Creating little rooms Sun May 07, 2023 6:43 am

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
All my dioramas are sheets of foamboard held together at the corners with Velcro so they can easily stand unsupported but can be just as simply dismantled and stored away.
I filmed this forever ago but it shows how simple it is to make a temporary scene!

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CL4SCxJpQKg/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

20Creating little rooms Empty Re: Creating little rooms Sun May 07, 2023 1:15 pm

ElBundy

ElBundy
ukshaun wrote:I would like to see alternative photo's, zoomed out slightly showing the cabinet.
ok
btw, now the glasses match the whisky bottle.
Creating little rooms 52877955383_311f2a5985_c

21Creating little rooms Empty Re: Creating little rooms Mon May 08, 2023 2:04 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great behind the scenes shot, Very Happy

22Creating little rooms Empty Re: Creating little rooms Sat May 13, 2023 11:46 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Looks like a very comfortable room, great shots. And space is the biggest enemy of this hobby, I would like to make some bigger stuff but don't have the space either.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Creating little rooms 1f60e

23Creating little rooms Empty Re: Creating little rooms Sun May 14, 2023 10:20 am

Spartan06

Spartan06
Nice rooms!  I really like the floor-to-ceiling windows and view from that high rise flat.  Thanks for the tips!

Cool reading nook as well.  Would like to see that apartment finished but I am beginning to understand size limitations.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum