OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Dark Knight

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The Dark Knight Empty The Dark Knight Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:13 am

blackpool

blackpool
Finally had some time to shoot that beast, I had quite a unique opportunity to buy that combo set from a fellow collector I met on instagram, 380$ for the whole pack, it was too hard to resist...

While I'm not a big DC fan, Batman is a character I really appreciate and chris Nolan's work on the franchise was so fantastic I wanted this version more than any other (with all due respect to mr Keaton and Affleck)

Hope you'll like!

The Dark Knight Darkknight_01

The Dark Knight Darkknight_02

The Dark Knight Darkknight_03

The Dark Knight Darkknight_04

The Dark Knight Darkknight_05

The Dark Knight Darkknight_06

The Dark Knight Darkknight_07

The Dark Knight Darkknight_08

The Dark Knight Darkknight_09

2The Dark Knight Empty Re: The Dark Knight Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:26 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Damn, such gorgeous photos. Could be stills out of the movie. And that set is really spectacular. Congrats on a hell of a deal!

3The Dark Knight Empty Re: The Dark Knight Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:39 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Fantastic capture and presentation of some beautifully crafted figures and accessories. Your images could be screen captures from a film, and are more impressive than the promotional photography for the product itself. Had I been new to your work I would be even more amazed. Smile

4The Dark Knight Empty Re: The Dark Knight Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:15 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
These are great. Very atmospheric photos, and you captured the incredible details not only in the armor, but in the dio as well. Beautifully done. (I really wish someone would do a young Michael Caine -- I know most youngsters will remember him from his most recent roles, but I've been a fan of his since I was a kid and his Harry Palmer days.)

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The Dark Knight C8485110

5The Dark Knight Empty Re: The Dark Knight Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:28 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Absolute Fantastic, as ever ! Your photograpie is so clear and scarp. I don´t use the old plastic bodys anymore. TBL´s only now. But at this two neckpost Headsculpts i see what  i´ve  lost. Especially Alfred is perfect. The sculpts, the suits, wonderful. Thanks for showing and congrats to Your  bargain.

Oh, and Bale is my favorite Batman Wink

6The Dark Knight Empty Re: The Dark Knight Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:29 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
YESSSSSSSSSS!!!! Can't believe I missed this thread earlier, these are AMAZING! And even moreso because I also love the Nolan version. Congrats on such a great find, and big thanks for sharing these absolutely CLASS ACT photos! Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

7The Dark Knight Empty Re: The Dark Knight Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:04 am

blackpool

blackpool
Many thanks for all the kind words friends, that really means a lot!

Short update, I tried to recreate that short emotional moment after the batman couldn't save both Rachel and Dent and lost his beloved one...

Hope you'll like!

The Dark Knight Darkknight_10SD

The Dark Knight Darkknight_11SD

"You spat in the faces of Gotham's worst criminals, Didn't you think there would be some casualties?"

8The Dark Knight Empty Re: The Dark Knight Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:46 pm

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Sweet score and great pictures. I't so nice to find the items you want and finally get to get them.
Thanks for posting the great pictures. Love looking at them.

9The Dark Knight Empty Re: The Dark Knight Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:42 pm

Ovy

Ovy
That cityscape behind the skyscraper glas window is very effective and realistic.
Never thought of that. Maybe because I don't live in a place like that. Laughing

10The Dark Knight Empty Re: The Dark Knight Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:16 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stunning new pics, blackpool. I am totally in love with this whole photo series. As others have noted up-thread, they have an incredible cinematic quality to them and could easily be mistaken for movie stills. Just gorgeous work!

11The Dark Knight Empty Re: The Dark Knight Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:58 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Gorgeous shots. The reflection in the glass — did you create that? Really nice photos.

The Dark Knight C8485110

12The Dark Knight Empty Re: The Dark Knight Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:59 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Can't go wrong with Batman, and your photography skills are what's needed to immerse oneself in the shot.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! The Dark Knight 1f60e

13The Dark Knight Empty Re: The Dark Knight Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:23 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The photos are gorgeous, realistic, and evocative all rolled into one. Beautiful work as always!

14The Dark Knight Empty Re: The Dark Knight Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:37 am

Diana

Diana
Wonderful photos and a great set! Did you work with a green screen? What IS going on here??? Laughing
I admire your work. <3

15The Dark Knight Empty Re: The Dark Knight Mon May 10, 2021 10:26 am

blackpool

blackpool
actionfiguremovies2 wrote:Sweet score and great pictures.  I't so nice to find the items you want and finally get to get them. Thanks for posting the great pictures. Love looking at them.

Thanks a lot AFM!

Ovy wrote:That cityscape behind the skyscraper glas window is very effective and realistic.
Never thought of that. Maybe because I don't live in a place like that. Laughing

Well I always had the image of Batman living in his manor until Nolan set some sequences of his "dark knight" in a rooftop penthouse, that seemed very interesting and quite appropriate!

skywalkersaga wrote:Stunning new pics, blackpool. I am totally in love with this whole photo series. As others have noted up-thread, they have an incredible cinematic quality to them and could easily be mistaken for movie stills. Just gorgeous work!

Thank you so much for the kind words! Those scenes are so emotional in the movie, I'm really happy that enjoyed them!

Stryker2011 wrote:Gorgeous shots. The reflection in the glass — did you create that? Really nice photos.

hehe, indeed, I tried a frist time with a glass panel, but I was getting lot of unintended reflections from my living room lol, so I ended shooting in front of the sktcrapers view without any window, and added the reflection from another picture of the same serie.

Theboo-bomb wrote:Can't go wrong with Batman, and your photography skills are what's needed to immerse oneself in the shot.

Thanks a lot, that goes staright to my heart mate!

GubernatorFan wrote:The photos are gorgeous, realistic, and evocative all rolled into one. Beautiful work as always!

Thanks for the support, Ian, always!

Diana wrote:Wonderful photos and a great set! Did you work with a green screen? What IS going on here??? Laughing
I admire your work. <3

Thanks a lot Diana, your feedback is always greatly appreciated! I started this serie with a green screen adn a glass panel to create the windwo reflection, but it was messy, the lights and even my living room were reflecting in the glass... I saved one shot to keep that reflection, and did again the shooting, this time in front of the tv screen to have the background and its ambient light, and without a glass panel (very simple in the end, apart from that lil reflection)

Quick update, it's been a few saturdys that I have a dear photographer friend coming home, we did that collab shooting while having a drink and some pizzas!

The Dark Knight Teamup10

The Dark Knight Teamup11

16The Dark Knight Empty Re: The Dark Knight Mon May 10, 2021 12:07 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
More gorgeous work! And drinks and multiple pizzas sounds like a good time any time.

17The Dark Knight Empty Re: The Dark Knight Tue May 11, 2021 5:04 am

Diana

Diana
Daaaaamn, that first Joker pic is fantastic! Amazing what lighting can do, but even moreso what a good background can do, which I was happy to see up close. Very inspired! Very Happy

18The Dark Knight Empty Re: The Dark Knight Tue May 11, 2021 7:32 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Always blown away by your lighting and overall composition! Incredibly gorgeous and somehow even more cinematic than the films themselves.

19The Dark Knight Empty Re: The Dark Knight Tue May 11, 2021 8:56 am

Chip

Great photos , I am not a big DC fan either , but Batman is one of their better characters . I didn`t know such a set was out there , the details of it are outstanding , as is your photography . Top class all round .

20The Dark Knight Empty Re: The Dark Knight Tue May 11, 2021 10:12 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great pick up blackpool and wonderful pics!

21The Dark Knight Empty Re: The Dark Knight Tue May 11, 2021 10:24 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Whoah. Very cool and atmospheric shots. I trust you didn’t actually paint on a Batman figure costume for that image. Nice job.

The Dark Knight C8485110

22The Dark Knight Empty Re: The Dark Knight Tue May 11, 2021 1:42 pm

Illusion

Illusion
Excellent shots. Very impressive.
I am no Batman fan... (but if it has to be Batman, it has to be Nolan/Bale)
Nevertheless I would have caved at this bargain...

and love Phoenix‘ Joker.

23The Dark Knight Empty Re: The Dark Knight Tue May 11, 2021 9:53 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That's crazy cool, love those joker photos.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! The Dark Knight 1f60e

24The Dark Knight Empty Re: The Dark Knight Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:26 am

blackpool

blackpool
GubernatorFan wrote:More gorgeous work! And drinks and multiple pizzas sounds like a good time any time.

Well I discovered a couple years ago I was living just next to another toy photographer couple, so we jumped from instagram to real friendship pretty fast, those toy photoshooting dinners are happening a couple times every month now!

Diana wrote:Daaaaamn, that first Joker pic is fantastic! Amazing what lighting can do, but even moreso what a good background can do, which I was happy to see up close. Very inspired! Very Happy

Thank you very much Diana! We didn't have much to do on this background, the bat-armory is such a stunning piece, once the lights are on, it's doesn't take much to get some superb shots thanks to the level of finish and the amount of details... We mostly played with color spotlights around the scene, and blew some vape smoke while shooting

skywalkersaga wrote:Always blown away by your lighting and overall composition! Incredibly gorgeous and somehow even more cinematic than the films themselves.

Thanks a lot Sky, that's funny you mention the films, and I utterly appreciate the compliment, because that's what we had in mind at that time. We were discussing our favorite batman, the way the DCEU explores mutliple paths but fails to build a solid universe, and we agreed that the Joker movie was very close to the Nolan trilogy in terms of realism and visually as well... So we went with the idea of a sequel to that movie including Christian Bale's batman.

Chip wrote:Great photos , I am not a big DC fan either , but Batman is one of their better characters . I didn`t know such a set was out there , the details of it are outstanding , as is your photography . Top class all round .

Thanks bro! In fact I think this armory was copied a few times by smaller companies, it's available empty or with less accessories and weapons inside, at various price points... I even saw a 1/12th scale version at kghobby

BAMComix wrote:Great pick up blackpool and wonderful pics!

Thanks a lot BAM!!!

Stryker2011 wrote:Whoah. Very cool and atmospheric shots. I trust you didn’t actually paint on a Batman figure costume for that image. Nice job.

Thank you Mark! Indeed that's the minor FX I added, the painting on the armor, and the light/smoke from joker's cigarette.

Illusion wrote:Excellent shots. Very impressive.
I am no Batman fan... (but if it has to be Batman, it has to be Nolan/Bale)
Nevertheless I would have caved at this bargain...

and love Phoenix‘ Joker.

Thanks a lot, I did resist for a while to that batman figure, hearing critics about the suit, the cape, the limited articulation... In the end it's glorious, yes it's not meant to pose in very dynamic stances, but damn the details are crazy. And I agree with you NOlan's batman stays my favorite overall!

Theboo-bomb wrote:That's crazy cool, love those joker photos.

Thank you very much!!!

Another quick shot, easy one, I built myself a catwoman out of several manufacturer's parts, only the boots are hot toys in the end lol... I staged them super easily in front of my tv while in the "photomode" of the recent ps4 game "batman arkham knight"

Hope you'll like!

The Dark Knight Batcat10

25The Dark Knight Empty Re: The Dark Knight Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:15 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Great shot. I love the added rain effects. It’s always nice to see these two together. All the pieces you put together actually looks like the official release. Nice job cobbling her together.

The Dark Knight C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum